Clash (Old Formula) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Clash (Old Formula) Reviews

By: MTS Nutrition

Clash (Old Formula) is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MTS Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Clash (Old Formula) has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Only 3 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

April 12, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Need To Add An NO Booster To Get The Pump I Want
  • Tolerance Develops Eventually
  • Jitters
  • Tingles

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Hello, my name is Mark and I am a college baseball player. My fitness goal is mainly to be prepared and ready to be the best I can be on the field. I found SR while looking for reviews of a product and thought "I'd love to be as helpful to people and as informing as the review I read." Im planning to review most of the products in the MTS line, BSN Syntha-6 and more! I have used this product for both pre workout use and pre game use and this is my honest review.

Ingredients(8/10)

Value per 2 scoop, 8g serving

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - 5,000mg
One of my favorite ingredients in this pre workout is the Creapure Creatine Monohydrate. At 5 grams it is adequately dosed for an athlete so there is no need to pay more money to buy this product separately. Creatine is a must in my supplement stack. While taking creatine I notice strength gains and more endurance then when I do not take creatine.

Carnosyn Beta Alanine - 3,200mg
Beta Alanine is a go to ingredient to promote muscle power, endurance,and what all of us are seeking, muscle mass!

Agmatine Sulfate - 1,500mg
This ingredient provides the mental focus needed to kill it in the gym.

Betaine Anhydrous - 1,500mg
Ingredient provides increased strength and power.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosine - 500mg
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine is known to promote a healthy blood pressure while under stress, enhance mood, and reduce anxiety caused by stimulants found in supplements.

Caffeine Anhydrous - 250mg
A powder form of caffiene extracted from coffee beans and tea leaves.

BOOM! Blend (supplying Higenamine HCL, N-Methyltyramine HCL and Hordenine HCL) 60mg
This workouts main energy blend.

Taste(7.5/10)
I bought the pink lemonade flavor of MTS Clash. The taste was great and sweet which I personally like.

Mixability(10/10)
Mixes great in a blender bottle. I also tested the mixability in a cup and mixed with a spoon and it also mixes very well with no sinkers or floaters.

Dosing(8/10)
All of the ingredients in this product are adequately dosed. The reason I don't feel this product is a 10/10 is due to the lack of a main NO booster. I will talk more about this in my conclusion.

Effectiveness(9/10)
This Pre workout made me feel like a beast in the gym. The mental focus I received was amazing and made me not want to leave the gym. While taking this Product I wanted to keep pushing myself and be as productive as possible. I also used this before baseball games and noticed my decision making was quicker and my focus was improved so I highly recommend this product.

Value(9/10)
This product is $36.99 for 20 servings on TigerFitness.com. This is around average price for a preworkout. The price of this preworkout is average and for these quality ingredients that are properly dosed I believe the price is great for this product.

Side Effects

Side Effects(8/10)
The only side effect I encountered while taking this product was jitters. At first taking this product I was a little jittery and experienced a tingly sensation which I don't mind but I know some people don't like. After about a week and a half the tingles and jitters went away.

Conclusion

I personally love this pre workout. It was and is still my go to pre workout for about a year now. The focus I receive both in the gym and in a game have been unmatched by anything I've taken before. BUT I do have one complaint about this product. This product is missing a "Pump" element. Personally I don't mind buying a stand alone pump product, I use MTS Vasky, but some people can't afford 2 products when they can find other products that have energy and pump in one. That being said I still love clash and do not think an other product can compare to my clash and vasky stack.
  • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

October 1, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Reputable Company
  • Need To Add An NO Booster To Get The Pump I Want
Clash - Orange flavor (1 scoop)

Other PWO tried - Pump HD, PreOG, Plasma Jet, Superpump, No Explode

Taste - more of an orange cream rather than orange soda or orange juice like i was hoping for but better to me than PumpHD orange flavor.

Mixability - like most PWO its mixes eaisly in water and a shaker with no clumping, and slight bit of grainyness (i would guess this to be creatine) but good overall mix.

Effectivness - i drink this prior to leaving for the gym about 15min later i get a slight tingle in my face and hands after about 20min it kicks in fully. I dont notice any mental focus gains, or crazy pumps with the clash alone which IMO hurts this product. I do however have a good smooth energy for my workouts.

Side effects - I do get a bit of a tingle in my face and hands but nothing to crazy, no GI issues, never really notice an inability to fall asleep.

Overall - Not a bad product for energy, if you notice you get a lot of stack options with other NO boosters on TigerFitness which IMO hurts this product with the fact I need to stack it with something else to get the desired pump. If I tried a different flavor I may have bumped this to an 8 overall rather than a 7 but i doubt it. 36.99 seems a bit pricey if you are doing 2 scoops, 1 scoop worked fine for me so it makes price fall in line with everyone else.

February 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Tolerance Develops Eventually
BOOM! I love MTS Nutrition Products! Marc Lobliner and his company have yet to disappoint me, so when I saw that he was expanding his line, I had to jump on this stuff. MTS Products are known for being formulated with the utmost quality, and Clash certainly stayed true to those values. I would absolutely recommend this pre-workout to those looking for a solid product to add to their supplement arsenal. This product doesn't have any gimmick-y new ingredients or include everything but the kitchen sink; it simply provides adequately dosed proven ingredients per serving. So simple, but effective.

Main Ingredients per 2 scoops:
Creapure Creatine Monohydrate: 5g
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine: 3.2g
Agmatine Sulfate: 1.5g
Betaine Anhydrous: 1.5g
N-Acetyl-Tyrosine: .5g
Caffeine Anhydrous: 250mg

How I Used It: I'm pretty tolerant to stimulants, so I cut right to the chase and used the recommended serving size of 2 scoops(16g). I have tried a lot of pre workouts, but I cannot do this product enough justice based off that first workout I used Clash with. I downed the 2 scoops in my car on the way to the gym, and by the time I got there the beta-alanine tingles were in full force. An epic workout with great pumps ensued. As the weeks went on, I eventually increased the dose to 2.5 scoops, and the beta-alanine tingles wore off as expected.

Results (8.5/10): Like most pre-workouts, the first few doses of this product were insane. I was so sure that I'd never buy a different PWO again, but as we all know, a tolerance develops eventually and our mind strays to a different mistress. However, that doesn't take away from the results I experienced whilst taking this product. My workouts were extremely productive, I experienced no crash, and the energy was perfect. Speaking of energy, I have to say that this is great middle ground product. It simply gives an effective energy and focus boost...it is not like some PWOs that are super stimulant heavy. I just want to paint a clear picture here for those of you that are only into stim heavy products.

Taste (9/10): I got the Lemonade flavor when it first came out, and it was great. A lot like Minute Time Lemonade. No complaints in this department.

Mixability (9.5/10): It mixed well and left no precipitate behind in my shaker bottle.

Value (8/10): This is a well-priced PWO, and it is even more accessible now that Marc expanded MTS Nutrition products to other websites and stores in and outside of the US. On TigerFitness this goes for $36.99 for a 40 or 20 serving tub depending on how you use it. Now, you may be thinking that this is a bit pricey, but considering the high quality ingredient profile, it is completely reasonable. Clinically dosed Creapure creatine, Carnosyn beta-alanine, agmatine sulfate, betaine, tyrosine, and caffeine are all worth a few extra dollars. So many PWOs have these ingredients but they are massively under dosed to the point that it is almost pointless. I guess this is a good example of getting what you pay for.

Overall (8.75/10): MTS Nutrition Clash is not a game! It was refreshing seeing a product that had each of its main ingredients properly dosed. Clash hit every aspect that most want out of a PWO: energy, pumps, tingles, and no crash. I knew that this would be a great product once I saw the ingredient profile and the company behind it. I will definitely keep this product in line of PWOs that I cycle, and I suggest you give it a shot if you're tired of under dosed PWOs overloaded with stimulants.

BOOM!