Mind to Muscle Reviews

By: MRI

Mind to Muscle is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MRI. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Beginners
  • Under-dosed
  • Contains Cheap Filler Carbs

I received this product for free from another review website.

Surprisingly the ingredient profile is fully transparent for this product. I was not expecting that from a company that I have never heard of. Not including the vitamins and minerals, there are 14 active ingredients listed on the label. The largest ingredient is L-Arginine Alpha Keto at 1600mg. Everything else is around a couple hundred mg per ingredient.

The flavor available in blueberry lemonade. The flavor is pretty good, which I expected because the product contains a good amount of maltodextrin. The label says to use 8 oz of water per scoop. The flavor was pretty accurate to the label. Blueberry at the beginning with the tart lemonade at the end. Overall it was enjoyable to drink before a workout.

Mixability also went well. Again, with the amount of maltodextrin in each scoop, I did not have any concerns that the mixability was going to be bad. Simply used a blender bottle without a blender ball and water. A few shakes and everything was ready to go.

Dosing is where I have the biggest issue with this product. I have been lifting weights and using supplements for many years now and have learned the proper doses for various different ingredients based on the scientific studies. By now, I know what a good complete pre workout should contain to be effective and provide the necessary benefits to the person. In my humble opinion, not a single ingredient listed in this product is dosed where it should be for anyone other than a beginning lifter. The product does a good job of listing 14 ingredients to make the label look impressive but after looking at the dosage of each ingredient, most will be disappointed.

For an under-dosed product, the effectiveness was just not there. I initially gave this product a fair shot and took only one scoop for a workout. Other than the slight bump in energy from the 200mg of caffeine, I felt nothing else during my workout and struggled to finish. After that, I experimented with 1.5 to 2 scoops of this product to try and make it effective. The best results I had was when I used two scoops. At that point, some ingredients start to become properly dosed but the caffeine also rises to 400mg, which I am not a fan of.

I also used this product as an energy drink replacement some days. At one scoop, it was a nice change to the normal energy drinks on the market. Taken pre-cardio might also be another way an advanced lifter could use this product effectively. I did not try that method on this product but have on other under-dosed products similar to this.

To me, there is very little value in this product. Everything seems to be under-dosed and I would have to use two scoops or more to get a decent workout. Doing that would provide only 12 servings per bottle. Amazon currently lists this product for $25. At two scoops, this product would be $2 per serving. In that price range, I can get much better products with proper dosing and no cheap filler carbs added in.

However, if a person were to use this as an energy drink replacement at one scoop, the value changes to $1 per serving. This is a good value if you are a person who normally spends $2-$3 each on an energy drink from the store.

Side Effects

I personally had to side effects with this product. I am used to using products with much higher doses than this product has.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I can not recommend this product to an advanced lifter who is used to either fully dosed pre workouts or aggressive stimulant blends. I can say this would be a good beginner product to someone who feels they need a little extra to get their workout started. I am also disappointed that this company chose to include a cheap filler carb in their product to boost the scoop size and possibly hide all the other under-dosed ingredients.
  • Blueberry Lemonade: 9/10

• Clipper83
    February 6, 2018

Not bad, just make sure to go over the ingredient profile a little more in depth

• dmf8625
    February 6, 2018

Thank you for the advice. Since there are 14 ingredients listed on the label, that is the main reason I posted a photo of the supplement facts with the review. If I went over each ingredient in the profile, I would just sound like a broken record saying each one is under-dosed at the one scoop serving.

• Clipper83
    February 6, 2018

Yeah no need to go over every ingredient if it is long. Some do, which isn't bad. A good way to go about it is listing some ingredients you like and why, as well as some ingredients you don't like and why.

• Cray
    February 7, 2018

Absolutely savage. Would read again.

• bzyczek
    February 8, 2018

If you didn't go over the ingredients a picture of ingredients would be nice to attach.

• dmf8625
    February 8, 2018

bzyczek -- I included the supplement facts panel as a photo. Are you not seeing that on your side?

• bzyczek