(Better than 76% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

Celluvol is a Pump Product manufactured by MPA Supps. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Great Pumps
  • Stomach Might Not Agree With Such A High Dose Of GMS

For some time now, 2 people I talk to regularly have told me how great MPA Supps products are. Seemed creepy to me, as they had this cult-like love for it. After hearing nothing but good things about the products, I decided to take a look at the brand myself. I decided to take a look at the pre-workout first, like I do with most companies. Usually, a pre-workout will kind of give you a good idea how well the formulator knows their stuff and how committed they are to providing a great product. Well, one look at Celluvol's profile had my go straight to Amazon and pick it up.

For those of you who don't know who Matt Porter is, he's an established prep coach who does not hide anything he is taking. He's def worth following. He's pretty well known in the bodybuilding community, and even my current gym owner has been coached by him.

To start, we have what Matt Porter describes as the "bread and butter" of Celluvol. 7 grams of L-Citrulline. I like the use of this over citrulline malate personally, as CM is typically just citrulline powder mixed with malic acid, and not the actual bonded form. The citrulline is "Kyowa Quality". That's the same citrulline NutraBio uses, and is worth looking into.

After that, we have 5 grams of HydroMax! This is the highest I've seen out of all pump products on the market besides MA-Pump, but Celluvol was actually the first. This is pretty much what made me want to try this out. I've used GMS at 1-2 grams before, with success, but 5 grams just made me want to see what such a high dose would do to me.

Next we have 1.5 grams of Nitrosigine. This is the clinical dose, and its nice to see it being used as opposed to the 750mg half dose I see many other companies using.

Alpha GPC is a great nootropic, which is at 600mg. This dose actually has some research behind it. I'd recommend taking a look at the "How to Take" section here on examine: https://examine.com/supplements/alpha-gpc/

300mg of ElevATP. This is a pretty new interesting ingredient. A proprietary blend of Apple extract and "Ancient Peat", which is fossilized plants. May be good at stimulating ATP production in the body. A typical dose is 150mg, Matt(as usual) goes over the top and puts in 300mg.

I have to mention that there is also some Himalayan pink sea salt in here as well.

The theme that I've noticed with MPA supps is that they seem to all be solid products, with more than you need for results.

I had the Candy Shock flavor. It tasted like Shock Tarts, minus the sugar. I typically get sick of flavors quickly, however, not with this one. I enjoyed every scoop I had of it. I've noticed lately that anything with a new flavor is only enjoyable for the first 5 uses or so. Gummy candy flavored pre-workouts for instance got boring so fast for me I already go out of my way to avoid them, and they are relatively new! This Candy Shock flavor is different. It is not overly flavored, and even though there is a slight chalky consistency(due to the Hydromax), it is great. One of the few pre-workouts I haven't gotten sick of yet.

It mixes very well. I noticed that there was no grit, which I usually have an issue with when it comes to products with glycerol mono.

One scoop 15 minutes pre-workout, easy enough. You can play around with it like I did. Matt suggests you hyper hydrate while you're on it. I like watering down my pre-workouts as it is, so that was no problem for me.

I did weigh the scooper out, and on the first try, without a heaping scoop, I got the 19 grams that the label said it should weigh. Looks like manufacturing is on point.

Well, looking at the profile, how can't it work well? I first tested this out with an arm workout, because who doesn't love to get a massive pump in their arms? For the first time ever, the pumps got to be almost too much. It got to a point on that first workout where I was just trying out every machine because the pumps were just so fun. Pretty much turned my gym into a Chuck E Cheese/Dave & Busters.

Almost every workout after that one, I experienced some very pleasing pumps, both from a feeling standpoint and a visual standpoint. It was on par with every other pump product as far as hard, dense, and painful pumps go. I actually started to see some vascularity in my arms, which has eluded me for quite sometime. Of course chest workouts were great, and cable crossovers always felt like something was either stabbing me in the chest or as if my chest was about to burst.

Leg days are a bit different for me, as I usually keep them quick and low volume. Even on sets of 3 reps, I found myself taking off my knee sleeves because the pumps got a bit heavy. This made me actually stop using it on leg days as I don't like a giant pump in my legs when I'm trying to hit a heavy set of 2.

I did take caffeine with Celluvol about half of the time. Whether it be from a Monster, Bang, NutraBio caffeine pill, etc. I usually kept it on the lower side though, and I'd typically share those 300mg of caffeine I got from the Bang with my girlfriend. Caffeine is easy to get a hold of, and I actually prefer to simply stack a loaded pump product like this one with a small dose of caffeine. My days of taking exotic stimulants and massive caffeine doses are almost completely behind me, as I've taken a liking to more volume filled workouts with massive pumps with great muscle contractions as opposed to cracked out workouts where I'm simply moving weight and screaming "REPS FOR JESUS". Not saying I don't enjoy a Hyde Power Potion or Bang here and there, but I think you get what I mean.

This is what throws some people off. Most people see $60 right off the bat and write this off. You can get this cheaper than that, as there are coupon codes available for 10% off. So I'm going by the $1.80 price per serving. At first, I thought it was a high markup. However, I did some math on what it would cost me to make the same pre-workout with single ingredients.

NutraBio L-Citrulline Powder (Kyowa Quality)
(7 gram serving)=~70c per workout (found on Amazon)

True Nutrition HydroMax
(5 gram serving)=60c per workout

Swanson Ultra
(1.5 gram serving)=66c per serving

That right there is already almost $2 per workout, and that doesn't include the other ingredients such as Alpha GPC, and ElevATP. So when people tell me the markup is too high, I think they just see the $60 and don't look into it more. The tub will last you a while, since it is a 30 serving tub, and not the 20 serving tub you see more and more nowadays. Feel free to criticize this part of the review, I'd like to see others opinions. In reality, I could mark this down for simply being a "more than you actually need". I'm sure my pumps would have been great at a half-serving, and if I dosed it that way, I would still be running it right now. Still, I can't mark down the value hard, since it is actually pretty cost effective when you break it down.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I now understand why Matt Porter has such a strong following. Celluvol is a strong, non-stim based pre-workout which gets A's as far as effectiveness and quality go. I recommend trying this out if you really like long sessions in the gym with massive pumps. The taste is great, the scooper checks out, the value is actually pretty good for what you are getting, and it flat out works. Give this a shot if you plan on getting away from stim-loaded pre-workouts. You can always add a dose of caffeine through pills, coffee, energy drinks, etc. if you really need it.

My green thumb basically means that if you are in the market for a pump product, or any pre-workout in general, this as a standalone or perhaps stacked with a caffeine pill would be a great way to go. Worth trying at least once, at least to see how a hefty dose of GMS will treat you.
  • Candy Shock: 9/10

• workoutguru
    February 13, 2018

Great review Clipper 83. Sounds like a pretty good product and worth checking out. Any chance of getting these guys on board the trooper program possible. I will have to look into this company a little more now and see what all they offer for products.

February 13, 2018

They denied me so I simply bought the product.

• workoutguru
    February 13, 2018

Well that sucks. They would been nice to have on here.

• MarsheS
    February 13, 2018

Nice review and great formula! I like how that formula sounds hahaha, maybe except for the 5g of HydroMax, that sounds extreme lol. But I love how they used Nitrosigine and Citrulline. I don't think I've tried it before but I've used Nitrosigine before and I've liked it so 1.5g of that + 7g Citrulline must be a bomb!

February 14, 2018

MarsheS, it's a strong product for sure. Check out MA-Pump. Profile is also massively dosed and has some sodium nitrate as well.

• onder18
    February 14, 2018

How was the focus and strength aspect? Do you think the Alpha Gpc and Elevatp helped any?

February 14, 2018

Onder, I was typing a part about that in my review, and lost it when I lost connection in the middle of writing this. Thought I added it back in.

When I get a huge pump, I feel like my mind-muscle connection is already there, as I can "feel" my muscle more, if that makes sense. Good call though. Nootropics are hit or miss for me, and sometimes I really feel them, and sometimes I forget I'm taking them.

• royalapple
    March 30, 2018

I been wanting to try this! So bad! Grr. Jealous. I love the pump. I love when the pump is too much. I'm glad you added that. Usually, when people say that...ITS HONEST. Great review! Thank you!

Other Prices: