(Better than 98% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Hydra Focus is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Mind Muscle Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

July 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Large Dose
  • Great Ingredients
  • Well Dosed
  • Improved Endurance
  • Very Few Fillers
  • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

Hydra focus is a great all in one intra-workout product that provides a solid dose of BCAA's, focus ingredients and even some well-received extras giving it a strong foothold in the intra-workout category.

Big thanks to Mind Muscle for sending hydra focus my way. It was an enjoyable run with this intra-workout slugger. Keeping your body primed during your most grueling workouts is key to pushing your limits and being able to turn around and go in the next day and do it all over again. Seldom do we see a product that has BCAA's and focus ingredients in it, and even more rare is one that delivers a high dose of citrulline. Hydra focus does all of this and pairs it with a deliciously sour orange flavor.

So as many others before me have shown, this product comes with a fully transparent label giving you:

BCAA (2:1:1) - 7g
DL-Methionine - 500mg
Dl-Phenylalanine - 500mg

Potassium - 170mg
Vitamin B6 - 240mg

As you can see, this product is stacked. I knew that I was going to be well taken care of after I saw that the serving size was 25g showing that you are going to get high doses of ingredients with this. The inclusion of L-Citrulline DL-Malate is an added bonus, and the fact that it is dosed at 4g is awesome. Most pre-workouts dose at that level, and now your Intra-workout is too which means you are going to to get a solid pump from this, as well as a high level of buffering muscle fatigue. In addition to that, you have ingredients that will help deliver in the focus category so you can handle your business in the gym, or with whatever you are doing. I can tell you that when I was using this product, it enhanced all of the focus aspects of Mind and Muscles Pre-workout supplement, to the point where I could see sounds and hear colors. The potassium has also been added in for hydration aspects, and as we all know, the better hydrated your muscles are, the better they perform.

So I received the Orange Smarty flavor and boy did it ever smart. It was super sour. For me, it was not unpleasant but some might find it to be too strong of a flavor. The sour level reminded me of any MAN Sports product ever, but I am a fan of flavor so I rather enjoyed this product.

Mixability was great as well, I would put 10oz in my Nalgene bottle, throw 1 scoop in there, then fill the rest of the bottle with water usually around 35oz and shake it up and rock out in the gym with occasional shaking here and there. Foaming and overall mixability was not an issue with this product.

Again, as I previously mentioned I would 1 scoop to about 35oz of water, and even with that ratio, it still had plenty of flavor. I would drink this as I would do my workouts, rather than before or after.

DOMS, what are DOMS? Honestly, it is something that I never saw while using this product. I simply just would not get sore. I would do grueling leg workout after leg workout, and not have an insane amount of muscle soreness afterward. The pumps that I had with this were also noticeable, but I was less concerned about that than I was fighting soreness. If anything I feel that the CM in the product did a fantastic job of preventing muscle fatigue over the course of the workout, even though I pushed harder, the longer the workout went.

To me, this is a sign that the product was working. The fact that my muscles were not dying from soreness and that I felt hydrated and could see more vascularity, shows that the ingredients were dosed well and my body was utilizing them as needed. The focus ingredients really came into play on days where I was tired and honestly did not want to be in the gym, you know....those 4 a.m. days with a full day of work ahead. But this product kept me in the fight, so I am thankful for that.

Since using hydra focus I have been able to push my workouts to a new level, to where my overall body composition is changing for the positive. It's like skydiving, and knowing that you have 4 extra safety parachutes, so you can push the limits without fear knowing that it is going to take care of you. I have been able to recover faster between sets, lift heavier, and push harder on cardio which has all been for the positive.

As others have mentioned, right now you can only find this on Mind Muscles website for $40 which comes out to $1.33 per serving. Some might see this as a steep price, but you have to remember, that this product is far more than just regular BCAA's. This product honestly could be used as a non-stimulant pre-workout given the level of focus ingredients, and CM. I would say that $1.33 per serving is more than fair for a product of this magnitude.

Side Effects

So the only side effect that I ever noticed with this was some slight cotton mouth. While my body and muscles felt hydrated, my mouth would have a dry feeling to it. I am not sure if it was because it was so sour, or what was going on, or for that matter, if it was just me.

Conclusion

Overall, this product is a winner. This is a solid Intra-workout supplement that transcends far beyond a simple BCAA product. You will pay a premium price for this one, but you will also see premium results with reduced soreness and the ability to push beyond your limits without fear of being deathly sore from your efforts. I applaud the folks over at Mind Muscle for putting together such a solid product with a transparent label, showing the industry how it is done!
  • Orange Smarty: 8/10

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • Tastes Great
  • A Little Expensive

Hydra Focus is indeed the "All In One Intra Workout" product that will deliver the results you need to power through your workouts.

A special thanks to Mind and Muscle Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Also, I'd like to apologize for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with Hydra Focus. With intra-based workout supplements, the key features I look for is some added energy, pump, and endurance, and depending on the ingredients, maybe focus. Given the ingredient profile of Hydra Focus, I set the bar pretty high in terms of what I was expecting.

So does it deliver.....?

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends.

The profile begins with a serving of potassium at 170mg and vitamin B6 at 240mg.

Moving on to the main profile, we have a 2:1:1 ration dosage of BCAAs at 7,000mg, L-citrulline malate at 4,000mg, L-glutamine at 2,500mg, NALT at 1000mg, L-lysine at 1,000mg, L-theonine at 1,000mg, L-ornithine alpha ketoglutarate, choline bitartrate 500mg, L-histidine at 500mg, DL-methionine at 500mg, and DL phenylalanine at 500mg.

This is a great looking profile with plenty of well known ingredients. Overall with these ingredients, one could expect benefits in endurance, energy, pump, and focus.

I received the Blue Slush flavor and I liked it a lot. It reminded me of a blue raspberry ICEE drink, but without the sugar. I found the overall flavor to have the right amount of sweetness with just a little hint of tartness.

I mixed one scoop water and it mixed very well. I had no problems with undissolved sediment or clumps.

I took this as advised on the label. I mixed one scoop with about 18 oz of water and sipped it during my workout.

As an intra workout product, Hydra focus delivered top notch in every expected category.

I had a significantly better degree of focus even on the most intensive of training sessions. I had the classical, "honed in" mentality with some added aggression. I was able to concentrate more on completing my objectives in the gym in both volume and resistance oriented goals. I was also less distracted by miscellaneous random things that I would normally find annoying for distracting.

Overall endurance and fatigue were improved as I was able to [perform high volume ranges on several movements both compound and isolation. Plus, I had less soreness between sets and was able to bang out sets for quicker intervals with less rest in between. I was running, sprinting, and boxing for longer higher intensity intervals while maintaining frequent periods of reduced rest time in between.

I also got a good pump with hydra focus. Trained muscle groups felt fuller and more swole. Vascularity had a noticeable increase throughout my physique.

Finally, even though Hydra Focus is stim-free, it did help compliment and increase my energy levels throughout my workouts. This helped ensure I got everything accomplished without being burnt out at the end.

Hydra Focus is only available for 40 dollars directly from Mind And Muscle Nutrition's website. Seems like a bit of a high price tag, even for 30 servings. However, all things considered including the efficacy and the fact that you are getting a product that helps in several areas of intra workout training, I'd say this is still a pretty good value. As this becomes more available and as Mind and Muscle has sales and coupons available, the value will be much better. For the time being thought, i'd say it is worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, Hydra Focus truly lives up to the claim as the "All In One Intra Workout Formula". It helps to improve focus, pump, endurance, and energy in the gym to help ensure goals are met and you have higher potential of reaching new levels. Of course, it taste good too. Be sure to catch the product on sale for better deals.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!!
  • Blue Slush.: 8/10

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Increased Pump
  • Maintains Muscle
  • Tastes Great
  • Improved Endurance

Whatever you want to call it, a juggernaut BCAA product or just a really good Intra, this can upgrade your current stack. multiple benefits in pump, focus, decreased DOMs, and improved overall recovery.

What is going on guys? Before we get into the good stuff I would just like to reiterate what I said in my Platinum BCAA review. I used 4 servings of this product during the overlap with Platinum BCAA. Just wanted to give full disclosure. Now, this product caught my eye primary for its juggernaut of a label. I was really excited to give it a run and without further ado lets get down to business.

Here's some of the highlights:

240mcg of Vitamin B6: I mention this along with the other flashy ingredients because you're getting 32% of your daily value for B6 per serving and it can help aid in blood flow.

7g of BCAA: In a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine to Valine to Isoleucine, this is a GREAT amount. The minimum dose in most similar products is 5g, so 7g is just icing on the cake and can really help with your recovery.

4g of Citrulline Malate: You don't usually see a pump product in a BCAA mix, but I love the addition. This falls right under the clinical dose of 6g and will absolutely contribute to your vascularity and perhaps help your body transport all the nutrients it's getting from this product faster.

2.5g of Glutamine: Well renown for its' recovery benefits this is another great addition. Taking glutamine on a daily basis can definitely help out your day to day recovery and maybe even allow you to perform better because of how you feel.

1g of Acetyl L Tyrosine: Improved focus and possible 'tunnel vision' feelings (at least for me)

1g of Threonine: used in the biosynthesis of proteins, mainly used in the absorption of protein, maintenance of muscle and important to good health

1g of Alpha-Ketoglutarate: another acid to help improve muscle function and aid in improving peak performance

1g of Lysine: This can help aid in the muscle rebulding process ( Not enough products include this one in my opnion).

Overall, this product has a very strong profile in terms of its label. The 7g of BCAAs set the product apart from other products in its' class and the combination of all the other ingredients make it a very nice intra-workout supplement. It gives you what you're looking for and more in a BCAA/intra supplement.

Taste: Blue Slush, very relatable to the blue raspberry slushy at Sonic. This was an easy 9/10 for me on the flavor scale. I'm not a fan of most 'red' flavors like fruit punch or strawberry, so I usually steer more towards the 'blue flavors' or other more tropical tastes. It was very refreshing to drink during my workouts and never got old to my taste buds.

Mixibility: I mixed this in a full shaker bottle and never had any problems with mixing. It dissolve right in every time with very minimal effort on my part.

Dosage: I took 1 scoop intra-workout everyday. You really wouldn't have any reason to use more than one scoop because of the well designed and executed label of ingredients.

DOMs: 7g of BCAAs, for whatever reason, leaves its' mark on me much more than 5g. My muscle soreness was very minimal while using this product and I hit the gym just as hard as I have every other month.

Pump: Very solid for an intra-workout product. My veins were definitely popping and pumping throughout the duration of my workout with no signs of going down until long after I left the gym. I could see them creeping up my foreman during my 15 minute ride home after I finished.

Focus: It wasn't tunnel vision, but it was an enhanced feeling of 'locking in' on that next set rep for rep. My mind wasn't wandering to what I had to do later in the day. I was completely focused on what I was doing at that very moment.

Overall Recovery: I believe this product allowed me to hit the gym harder the next day because my muscles didn't feel beaten down from the prior session. I added another flat bench day into my split to increase my training frequency and hopefully make improvements in that specific lift for me. That meant that my chest would have less rest time during the course of the week and the benefits of the BCAAs and other ingredients in this product kept me going. It allowed me to push myself even on short rest.

I googled for 10 minutes and was only able to find tis product on the mindmusclenutrition website for $40. This comes out to $1.33 per serving. That is more than I would usually pay for a product BUT those products do not have the ingredient profile that this does. When you compare this product to similar products with similar high dosages of quality ingredients you'll see that it's actually pretty competitively priced.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a high class product that can really help fuel your quest for gains. It's competitively priced and definitely worth it in my opinion.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

Hydra focus took my intra workout game up one big notch, by combining the classic intra workout amino acids with the added benefits of pump, focus and hydration ingredients, allowing me to have some of my best workouts possible.

Whats up SR, time to drop my review of Mind Muscle Nutrition's Hydra Focus. I really wanted to give this product a go because Intra workouts are one of my favorite supplements to take and I love seeing ones with unique and different characteristics. My training is hypertrophy based as I follow Julian Smith's "Daily Pump" routine, with a few of my own twists. Shout out to both Mind Muscle Nutrition and the Trooper program for hooking me up as always, much love.

Lets take a look at what this bad boy has to offer shall we:

BCAA (2:1:1) - 7g
DL Methionine - 500mg
Dl Phenylalanine - 500mg

Potassium - 170mg
Vitamin B6 - 240mg

Holy that is one loaded formula. So we have BCAA's in the clinically studied 2:1:1 ratio, a pretty hefty dose of Citrulline for the blood flow and the pumps, a handful of focus agents including one of my favorites: Choline Bitartrate in a solid 500mg dose as well as a handful of other essential amino acids, oh and how could I almost forget the added hydration benefits of the potassium.

The flavor I received was the "Blue Slush". This is basically a blue raspberry flavor, I was not a huge fan initially, not a bad taste by any means but not the greatest. However I did discover that if you mix it with ice cold water or water with ice in it, this makes the flavor much better I know it sounds weird, but its true. Mixability was totally fine, no floaters or sinkers. Dosing for me was one scoop intra workout, nice and simple.

Straight up, I had some of my best workouts ever while using this product. In combination with a solid pre workout (like Mind Muscle's M2) this really shined, allowing me to dial in and totally smash workouts. The added pump on top of what was already in my pre workout really blew my muscles up and I felt hydrated and full for my entire workout. The mental focus on its own probably would not have been mind blowing, but if you have already taken a pre with some focus ingredients this really adds to the pre and helps give you that tunnel vision like focus, where you show up, smash the weights and leave, no b.s conversations with random people at the gym or staring at your phone scrolling through the same instagram posts over and over again. The BCAA's allowed me to recover from these hard sessions, allowing me to survive from one session to the next without my body giving out on me.

This retails for $40 on Mind Muscle Nutrition's website for 30 servings, giving it a value of $1.33 per serving, which would be high if this was a standard BCAA, but with all of the other additives, this is multiple products in one, and therefore I have zero issue with that pricing.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you couldn't already tell I am a massive fan of this product. It really steps ahead of other Intra workouts with the focus and well dosed pump ingredients, giving it the edge to all other standard BCAA based Intra workouts. I do wish there were several flavor options as I would love to buy this again but would like a change from the Blue Slush. Very well done Mind Muscle, this product kills it for me.
  • Blue Slush.: 7/10

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.2
9.1
  January 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • Improved Endurance
  • Very Tart

I have taken intra workouts on and off over the years depending on my training. When I do a lot of running I like to take an intra workout because I will usually go from the gym to the park. So, when Mind Muscle Nutrition put up their Hydra Focus intra workout I wanted to try it. Here is the review.

Hydra Focus comes in a tub with 30 servings that are about 20g. The first ingredient is 640 mcg of vitamin B6, which can aid in blood flow. The next ingredients are 220 mg of sodium and 170 mg of potassium, which act as electrolytes. Following those you have 4g of citrulline malate. The main benefit to citrulline malate is that it can boost nitric oxide levels and can help with pumps during your workout. Also, since it has the malate it can also help with endurance and has anti-fatigue properties. Next, you have 7g of BCAA with 3.5g of l-leucine, 1.75g of l-isoleucine, and 1.75g of l-valine. BCAA can aid in muscle recovery and can also reduce fatigue during a workout. After you have 2.5g of l-glutamine that can aid in recovery and also improve gut health. Although with l-glutamine you need to take a lot for it to hit the muscle so most of it will probably be taken up by the gut. Next up is a large dose of n-acetyl l-tyrosine (NALT) at 1g. The 1g dose is more than most pre workouts I have seen. NALT can improve focus during your workout. The next ingredient is 500 mg of choline bitartrate, which can improve focus. The last ingredient is coconut water at 500 mg to increase hydration and provide additional electrolytes.

I really like the ingredient profile and it was one of the most comprehensive intras that I have taken in a while. You could just add one caffeine pill and you have a pre/intra that is better than most pre and intra workouts on the market. The only thing I would have prefered is a slightly higher dosage of l-glutamine (5g).

Hydra focus comes in two flavors they are orange smarty and blue slush. I received the blue slush as that what was available when they went up for the troops. The powder is white, which is great since there are no dyes in the product. The powder smells kind of like a dry berry type smell similar to blue raspberry. When mixed it has a faint blush slush smell. The taste of this is very tart, that kind of tart that gives you the weird feeling in the corners of your jaw. It was by no means bad and was kind of expected for what is in this. I have used several of the ingredients in bulk and they were hard to mask the flavor of especially NALT and citrulline malate. The flavor overall was okay but I have never been a blue slush fan. I think I would have preferred their other flavor (orange smarty). In terms of mixability, it mixed great and I never noticed any chunks nor did it ever foam. In terms of dosing, I would use one scoop either intra workout or I would drink it as I ran. I always used about 20-28 ounces of water with ice in a blender bottle.

Hydra Focus was a very effective intra workout supplement for weight training and running. The major benefits I noticed from this were increased pumps, focus, hydration, endurance, and recovery. In terms of pumps, I noticed that I felt a lot fuller in the gym when took this product. It was most notable on chest/bi and back/tri days. I noticed that even as a solo product with a caffeine pill or coffee I still had pretty good pumps. It definitely enhanced whatever pre workout I was using with it. In terms of pumps for running I noticed that my calves and quads felt and looked pumped after I finished running. One of my major issues when I workout is a lack of focus after I start working out. I have a hard time "getting in the zone" so when I look for an intra workout supplement I look for focus ingredients. In this regard, Hydra Focus helped me a lot with focus especially in the gym. I found myself concentrating on the weights rather than checking my phone or talking. I also noticed that on the trail I was less focused on looking at the scenery (really cool old railroad buildings) and more focused on the run. For focus this product worked better than other intra workouts I have taken.

Hydration in my workouts is something that I usually measure based on how many times I will go up for water. Using this I felt more hydrated and found myself not needing to constantly be drinking water. In addition, I also noticed that I cramped less when running and did not need to stop and drink as much while running. This is very beneficial since if I stop I can lose my focus in the run and being able to stop less due to being thirsty helped a lot. Going off hydration I also noticed an increase in endurance in the gym and on the trail. In the gym, I noticed it more on supersets and on days I did the stairmaster. On the trail, I noticed it when I would do hill work and sprints (less in the winter months but I still do them). I also noticed it for long distance running but I think the main benefit to that came with the increased hydration.

Lastly, I noticed an increase in recovery in both the gym and running. I felt like I was able to push myself a little farther each week I took this. I noticed that I was able to workout a little more intensely on back and chest days where my bis and tris would still be sore and hold me back. As far as running goes, I noticed I was less sore than usual when taking Hydra Focus. This enabled me to run more often where some days I would go to the park and just jog.

Hydra Focus retails for $35 for 30 servings making it $1.16 per serving. Now, if you only take this on workout days the tub can last a while. Comparing it to other intra workouts Nutrabio Intra Blast comes in at $1.33 per serving. In-Kaged comes in at $1.30 per serving and Xtend comes in at $.93 per serving. Hydra Focus is very competitively priced and taking into account the formula I think it has a lot of value. Especially since just adding a caffeine pill or drinking a seperate cup of coffee with it makes it a solid pre/intra workout. The main problem I have with the other products listed in the comparison is they felt lacking in the area of focus. When I workout my main problem is focus so for me Hydra Focus has the most value.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Hydra Focus is a fantastic intra workout supplement that improved my pumps, focus, hydration, endurance, and recovery. It tasted pretty good but was very tart so keep that in mind. I feel like it is a versatile product and can be taken as a pre workout if adding in a caffeine source (caffeine pill, coffee etc.). It is competitively priced and has become my intra workout of choice. I definitely recommend giving it a try. Thank you to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler
  • Blue Slush.: 7/10

November 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Tastes Great
  • Maintains Muscle
  • Increased Pump
  • Hydration
  • Transparent Label
  • Some Restroom Issues If Combined With Other Citrulline Products
  • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

First off I want to thank Mind Muscle Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I am a big fan of amino's and always use them in my supplement stacks. Lately I had been hearing how great this product was suppose to be and really wanted to try it and was hoping it would show up on the trooper program again. It finally showed up on there again and had to claim it as soon as I could. I will say I was rather impressed with this and will explain that below.

This is made up of a ratio of 2:1:1. I think the overall ingredient profile for this is really good. I like that they use some pretty high dosages of each ingredient. Here is a list of the ingredients that are in here and what they do. I was able to get this off their website.

Citrulline Malate - Potent vasodilator that helps push more blood and nutrients into the muscle.

Sodium ; Potassium - Important electrolytes that are lost during workouts, we included them to help replenish them so you can continue kicking ass during your workout.

2:1:1 BCAA Ratio- This is your basic branch chain amino acids, the building blocks of muscle, increased rate of protein synthesis, and increase in endurance.

L-Glutamine - A branch chain amino acid that is used to help with recovery, so you do not get as sore the next day and can crush tomorrows workout

N-Acetly-L-Tyrosine- Compound used to help with overall mental focus to keep you in the zone while you are training

Choline Bitartrate- Compound used to enhance mental focus, for that tunnel vision where all you care about is the weight

Raw Coconut Water Concentrate - Increases hydration and endurance

This helps promotes:
Increased Hydration
Increase in Building Lean Muscle
Increased Endurance
Increased Strength
Increased Focus

I wanted to try the orange smarty flavor but was told that was on back order and would take about two week otherwise we can send you the Blue Slush right away. I said you can just send me the blue slush. This is a blue raspberry flavor. This is starting to become a flavor I am starting to get real tired of and not liking very much. This for sure had that blue raspberry flavor to it. The taste was pretty strong I thought a bit more than I cared for. I thought overall this was very tart and bitter and was not overly crazy on the taste at all. I think they need to tone down this flavor a little. It's nothing horrible and no chemical taste but just to tart and bitter for me. I kept trying to add more water to it so it would not be so strong but that did not help a real lot since I was all ready using about 20oz of water with it. I know for some people they will really like this flavor a lot. You do have to like blue raspberry flavor otherwise you will not like this flavor at all.

Mixing was pretty good with this. It seemed to dissolve right away and no left over pieces at all. There was some foaming with this but nothing I was to worried about. Glad to see this does not have any fancy colors to it and go with a more cloudy look to it. Meaning no use of any dyes. I would do just one scoop during my workouts. There is no real need to do more than one since most everything in this is dosed fairly high.

I prefer to take my amino during my workout. I look to them to help with some recovery, endurance and help keep me feeling less fatigued. I was surprised this had citrulline malate in this and at 4000mg. I am not use to having citrulline in my amino product but this was kind of nice to have. I normally have a hard time noticing pumps and to add this along with what I was getting from my pre-workout was kind of nice. I think that with the extra citrulline I was getting helped give me some better pumps that were more noticeable for me. Taking this on it's own with no pre-workout I think would not have helped me as much on pumps.

I feel this really helped keep me going longer in the gym. I felt a lot less fatigued and my endurance seemed to be improved a lot by this. I do a lot of high reps and usually try to go semi heavy on weight and that can really take a lot out of me at times and get me to start breathing a lot more heavy like. With this it really helped me better control my breathing and helped me get through these workouts a lot better. With the added focus ingredients in this I thought this was kind of nice to have. I do think it helped me stay a little more focused on my workouts. It was nothing real crazy like but enough to help me some. I felt overall my recovery was better. After some of my more grueling workouts I seemed to feel better the next few days and not hurt so much. I feel my DOMS were a lot less and any cramping I would get was hardly noticeable. I think with the added electrolytes in this really helped me stay a lot more hydrated and helped limit any craming I would get. I thought this was really good on my stomach and never caused me any upset stomach issues. I think since I started using this it has helped me lean out a little more and not look so bulky with a lot of extra water in take.

Right now the only place you can get this is on their website and they want $35 for 30 servings. This comes out to $1.17 a serving. This is not to bad a price considering what all you get in here. I would like to see the price lowered a little if possible. For an amino product $35 can be a little high especially if you are also using a pre-workout, protein, or anything else.

Side Effects

If you are taking this with a pre-workout that has citrulline in it also this extra citrulline you get from this product may cause you to have some bathroom issues. I know there were a hand full of times as soon as I would get home from working out I would have to head straight to the bathroom. Not always did this happen but it was more times it happened than not happen.

Conclusion

Overall I was rather pleased with this. I think this covers a lot of areas which a lot of aminos don't. I feel this has a great ingredient profile to it and I really like how most everything is dosed at good amounts. I would be more than happy to use this again but would need to have a different flavor. Looking forward to the new flavors they said they are coming out with. I would like to see some other sites start carrying this product line and help get the price down a little. I would for sure recommend giving this a try if you get the chance. This is a very effective product and will really help you in a lot of different ways which I was even surprised with. Again I want to give a big shout out to Mind Muscle for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
  • Blue Slush.: 6/10

November 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • Maintains Muscle
  • Some Restroom Issues If Combined With Other Citrulline Products

Hey SR, hope everyone is doing well! I would like to thank Mind Muscle Nutrition and the Trooper program for the opportunity to give Hydra-Focus a run for the money. I am a firm believer of using an intra-supplement while hitting the gym; especially as we age, we need that little extra kick. What intrigued me about Hydra-Focus was that, and intera workout supplement that claims to keep you focus with utilizing any stimulants.

As for the profile of Hydra-Focus, it is fully disclosed, which is important in this day in age of companies putting goodies that are not listed. As for what is in Hydra-Focus, I will keep this somewhat brief; as other members who have reviewed Hydra-Focus did a great job on explain what is in Hydra-Focus. However, I would like to expand on the effects of Hydra-Focus while I worked out.

There is a staple 2:1:1 ration of BCAAS, I like that there is 3.5 grams of Leucine, which helps with recovery and increase protein synthesis. Hydra-Focus provides 4 grams of Citrulline Malate, which I like this does, since it does not make me start my workout in the restroom pushing. Furthermore, this helps with pumps, by acting as a vasodilator, and by increasing endurance. In addition, you get 500mg of raw coconut water, which help keep your potassium levels up while losing salt as you are hitting it hard at the gym.

The focus aspect of Hydra-Focus comes in the form of N-AcetyI-L-Tyrosine (1 gram) and Choline Bitartrate (500mg); both of these assist in the ability to help the brain increase focus.

Taste - For me, taste is no too important for me, as long as the product works; there was no after taste.

Mix - This mix ok for me, on days where I would take a scoop to help with recovery, there was some residue on the bottom. However, when I used it as an intra-workout, I did not notice it as much, since I normally shake my cup before I take a sip.

Dosing - I used Hydra-Focus in two ways, as a first thing the am recovery drink and as an intera-workout supplement.

Hydra-Focus performed to its claims, I was very impressed with the fact that I was able to increase my workout load while sipping on Hydra-Focus. One of the key factors for me was the focus; now it was not like a laser beam, but I noticed more on what was going on around me. In addition, when doing total body workout, my coordination was more apparent.

As for the endurance of Hydra-Focus, while doing cardio, is where I noticed it the most. I was able to go longer on the treadmill and I increased my minutes on the Concept 2 row machine. Furthermore, I normally sweat a lot and cramping can sometimes creep up on me and take me out. However, while on Hydra-Focus, I did not experience any cramping.

Hydra-Focus provided an additional kick to the pump I was getting. Now, with that said, I mentioned in the ingredients profile that 4 grams of Citrulline Malate was nice, since it did not attack my stomach. However, if you take this with a pre-workout that already contains a dose higher than 2 grams of Citrulline, then the restroom better be right next to you.

Most people may say that Hydra-Focus is pricy at $35.00; however, when you take into consideration the additional ingredients added, in my opinion, the price is justified. Remember, you get what you pay for.

Side Effects

Restroom issues if you take with a pre-workout that contains a good dose of Citrulline.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, Hydra-Focus met my expectations and more. I was pleased with the results I was able to achieve while running Hydra-Focus. In my opinion, Hydra-Focus will be a staple to me as an intra-workout, especially during any time where I cycle of stims for about 2 weeks. Having the added focus support will help me keep going at the gym; I recommend you get a tub of Hydra-Focus and if you find it on sale, stock up! I would like to thank Mind Muscle Nutrition again for the opportunity.

November 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • Increased Focus

Thank you to Mind Muscle Nutrition and the SR Trooper Program for the opportunity to try this supplement. I am definitely a fan of BCAA products and when I saw all of the extra goodies this one has in it, I was excited to give it a try.

Huge thumbs up for the fully disclosed label. You get 7g of BCAA's which is more than most that I have used which usually comes in at 5g. You get a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine (3.5g), Isoleucine (1.75g) and Valine (1.75g) which totals 7g. I would say this is pretty good. The bonuses in here that I believe enhanced my pre-workout are:
Citrulline Malate (4g)-NO booster which increases pumps and increases endurance. If this was a supplement that I was just taking for this alone, I would want to see it in the 6g range at least but having it in here is a bonus, especially at 4g.
L-Glutamine (2.5g)-Helps aide in recovery and increases gut health. This is a smaller dosage but added to what you might already be taking is a bonus.
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (1g)-Increases focus. This is dosed appropriately.
Choline Bitartrate (500mg)-Increases focus. This is a little under dosed as a stand alone but combined with the N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, it can be effective at this dose.
Coconut Water (500mg)-Helps keep you hydrated and replaces lost electrolytes during workouts

I like that you don't just get the basic 5g of BCAA's. You get 7g of BCAA's plus pump, focus and hydration ingredients.

I had the orange smarty flavor which was good. Tasted exactly like an orange smarty. Mixability was fine. I drank this during my workouts which I added one scoop to 20 ounces of cold water. In between sips, there would be a small bit of residue at the bottom of my shaker cup but nothing that was not expected. One good shake and it would mix right back up. Also a little foaming which is normal for BCAA supplements.

With the 4g of Citrulline Malate, this definitely gave me really good pumps during my workout. These 4g combined with the Cit Mal in my PWO put it over the top. I noticed the most intense pumps towards the end of my workout which makes sense since this is about 15 minutes after finishing drinking this which gave my body time to get the Cit Mal into the system. Endurance was also improved and noticed mostly on arms and leg days. Again, this worked well for increased endurance since it really started kicking in 15 minutes after finishing this. Focus was really good. With the focus ingredients in my PWO combined with these focus ingredients, this definitely enhanced my focus. Again, I seemed much more focused in the last 30 minutes of my workout when in the past I could lose focus and my mind would start to wander instead of focusing on finishing my workouts strong. The recovery was very good on this. I noticed this mostly after chest and leg days. I did recover quicker than most BCAA supplements I have used in the past. I usually dreaded waking up the 2-3 days after a big chest and leg day. I will not say there was zero soreness or aches, but they were reduced in line with the better BCAA supplements I have used in the past. I found myself being able to skip an off day here and here since I felt like I could hit some of the same muscle groups more frequently.

For a 30 serving container you will pay $35.00 on the Mind Muscle Nutrition website. This comes out to $1.17 per serving. This is reasonably good price for all that you get in this supplement. I would recommend this at the current price and once it becomes more available in the future I'm sure the price will come down.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Mind Muscle Nutrition did a great job with this supplement. I am looking forward to them coming out with other flavors of this. Once the price comes down a bit which I'm sure will be in the near future once more retailers start carrying it, you will see more people start to use this. Once consumers see how much they are getting in this supplement besides a solid 7g of BCAA's, the word will spread fast.
  • Orange Smarty: 7/10

October 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Hydration
  • Increased Pump
  • A Little Expensive
  • Very Tart Flavor May Not Be Good To Some

Hi everyone, and thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for their patience as I get caught up here. When I claimed Hydra-Focus on the TROOPs page, it was because my interest had been piqued by the label. They are clearly not shy about blurring the line between intra and pre workout products and the ingredients they should have. I thought it could make for some seriously sustained pump sessions and boy, oh boy, was I right. They took a unique approach to what should be found in your shaker intra-workout and I think the strategy will pay off big for them with consumers.

Typical Intraworkout: a few grams of BCAAs, maybe a 2:1:1 ratio, maybe some glutamine, heck maybe even a lil' taurine in there.

Hydra-Focus: Kitchen sink! Seriously... it's a ton of stuff and it's all fully disclosed and takes hydra focus well out of the realm of your typical Intra-Workout.

A couple quickies: sodium (220mg) and potassium (170mg). These aren't huge doses of either, but respectable and enough to make a dent. Sodium is important in helping your body retain water, and potassium is important to prevent or alleviate cramping. You'd really need significantly more of both to make a real impact, but these aren't your headliners when you look at the label and only serve as part of the supporting cast.

Citrulline Malate: 4g; That dose of 4g knocks the socks off a lot of PWOs I've seen. Huge props to Mind Muscle for this one. It's most likely a 1:1 ratio leaving 2g of pure citrulline, but in conjunction with your PWO you're going to be quite swollen; and on it's own, you'll get a nice aid in blood flow as the citrulline works to increase your body's NO levels and dilates your blood vessels.

Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine: I'll clump all three together as your essential BCAAs. They always come to the party in tandem and none are as fun without the others in tow. You're looking at a solid 7g here total in a 2:1:1 blend. Literally, this alone is what constitutes most intra-workouts. They'll be helpful in shortening your recovery time between sets and decreasing DOMS between sessions.

Glutamine: The black sheep of the intra-game? Maybe. But I love it. You see a lot of Glutamine haters on the boards and I have no idea why. When you train hard your glutamine levels drop significantly. So, while you can get it in food fairly regularly, the likelihood of you really ingesting enough of it to make an impact is slim. Additional supplementation is necessary. 2.5g is not a huge dose, but it's enough to make an impact. You can take up to 15g per day, but I've always fared well with 5g when it's part of my rotation. Other people respond differently, but I weigh over 200lbs and so that should have an effect on most folks.

N-Acety-L-Tyrosine (NALT): Here's where things get weird (in a good way). Now we're crossing the threshold of Mind Muscle not just being concerned with your physical ability to recover and attack the plates, but also your mental clarity and focus. NALT is a hugely popular nootropic and it can have a big impact on your mindset. It's function all revolves around adrenaline processing and dopamine. It can help your memory stay sharp under stress, improve cognition, heighten a feeling of well-being, and even trick you into feeling warmer than you should. 1g in here is a lot. Some studies I've seen have relied on 350mg/day and documented positive effects. According to examine.com the ideal dose is 100-150mg/kg of body weight. That would be about 10g for me so I suppose it must just have a wide range where it can be effective.

Choline Bitartrate: I'll dock Mind Muscle one on this, but give the A for effort. Choline can be effective as a nootropic as well, but its preferred form would be as Alpha GPC. In this form there aren't currently any studies that signify a major effect. 500mg here.

Raw Coconut Water Concentrate: This is going to help put the Hydration in Hydra-Focus. They say concentrates aren't as good as the fresh stuff, but considering the fresh stuff is wet.... not sure how that would work surrounded by powders. Probably not too well. In any case, this stuff is going to be really helpful in keeping your body stocked up in electrolytes and keep running. 500mg total in here. I'm not entirely sure what the recommended dose would be but I doubt you can have too much and 500mg sounds reasonable.

This is meant to be consumed during your workout. It comes with a giant scooper in a big tub. I never had any issues with mixing whatsoever.
I received "Orange Smarty" flavor. I think it was their only flavor at the time, but now they also offer "Blue Slush"! It tasted exactly like an orange smarty. It was pretty cool to be so on-point with the flavor, the only problem was I didn't really want to drink orange smarty[ie?]s.
However, it started to grow on me over time. I actually really liked it when I started to water it down a lot, so then I started just splitting my dose up further. By the end of the tub I looked forward to the flavor.

When I stacked this with a PWO that also had pump ingredients, the results were out of this world. When I stacked it with a PWO without pump ingredients, it still put up a good effort. This could easily be used as a sole pump product for some, but anyone with a tolerance established will only one to use it in conjunction with other pump stuff... assuming that's the effect they're looking for.

As for the NALT effects, it was awesome. It did a great job of helping me dial into the workout and stay focused. The only exception to this is what I'll address in the side effects section. Besides that I was able to get in and get right to work. I'd move from set to set and lift to lift without losing a beat except to catch my breath.

Recovery between sets and post workout was noticeably diminished and this shouldn't be a surprise. Between the healthy dose of BCAAs and Glutamine, and the vein-dilating dose of Citrulline to help them fly around to your muscles, it's the likely result.

I believe this is only available on Mind Muscle Nutrition's website right now. It's marked down from $45 to $35 and honestly, I think that's where they need to keep it. $35 is a fair price for this with 30 servings. It's kind of in a category of its own, so it might get hurt when competing as a BCAA drink, but it's really much more than that.

Side Effects

The only side I encountered was a rush to the bathroom at some point during the workout. That was only a problem when I stacked this with other pump ingredients. Well worth it.

Conclusion

The only thing I'd like to see is for the choline bitrate be replaced by alpha-gpc. If Mind Muscle can find a way to do that without raising the price that'll be a serious game changer. Even without that, it already is a bit game changing. I'd recommend you go give this stuff a shot!

September 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Maintains Muscle
  • Tastes Great
  • Increased Recovery
  • Transparent Label
  • Increased Pump
  • Slightly Expensive For Most Individuals

A very big shout out to Mind Muscle Nutrition on sending me out their intra workout to review! I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass / strength.

Well to start off this product is proprietary blend free which is awesome! The forest 3 ingredients on the label are vitamin b6, sodium and potassium. Pretty standard in supplements. Next up is 4,000mg of citrulline malate. That dose isn't the clinical one but if you took a pre with citrulline in it this is designed to continue that pump. Next up is L-leucine (3,500mg), L-Isoleucine (1,750mg), L-valine (1,750mg), and L-glutamine (2,500mg) which are all aminos that assist with recovery. Following those is N-acetyl-L-tyrosine at 1,000mg for focus. Next is choline bitartrate at 500mg for focus as well. Lastly we have raw coconut water concentrate at 500mg for the hydration aspect.

The taste was spot on to the unique flavor it was going for. Orange smarty! I've never seen this flavor in any other supplement so it was very cool to try! I was very pleased at how spot on and tasty it was. I usually mixed it with 20-25 ounces of water. Each serving is 1 scoop at 19 grams. Each time there was powder residue left over at the bottom after it sat for a minute or so. I just shook it back up before I took each sip. The dosing seems spot on for what it's intended to do. It's a intra work out so it's not as potent as a pre. Its goal is to extend the effects of your pre, start recovery, hydrate you and it did just that.

I found this supplement to be effective at what it was intended to do. Throughout my use I recovered well and was not overly sore. I was also taking a bcaa powder at a different time in the day so that contributed as well. My pumps definitely lasted a lot longer than normal. My pre got me my pumps pretty quick but while sipping on this they lasted throughout the whole lift and didn't wear off at all. It's hard to judge how well the hydration worked because I already drink a ton of water each day as it is. It definitely continued and slightly increased my lifting focus which helps towards the end of a tough lift.

It's a little pricy in my opinion for what it does. I found it on the company's website for $35. There are 30 servings per tub and that breaks down to about $1.16 per serving.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Overall I give it a thumbs up. It helps keep the sought after pump we all desire, tastes great, helps focus, and helps recovery. What's not to like about that? It's definitely enjoyable to drink while lifting. I like it as an intra workout and I like that it's a bit different than some others I've seen. If they lower the price in the future it will be much more appealing. I recommend this to anyone looking to give intra workout drinks a try.
  • Orange Smarty: 8/10