Athlete's Recovery™ Reviews

By: Millennium Sport Technologies

Athlete's Recovery™ is a Post-Workout Protein Supplement manufactured by Millennium Sport Technologies. It is designed to feed the muscles with protein, carbs and amino acids immedaitely following a workout to assist in muscle recovery and growth.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Millennium Sport Technologies for sending it out!
  February 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
Good afternoon SR folks. I came today to review the first product I have been able to try by Millennium Sport Technologies. I LOVE recovery drinks after a hard workout. Most taste good. With the right profile of ingredients they can definitely aid in recovery. I used this mainly to help recover from playing basketball, but the last couple of weeks I used it every time I worked out as well. I kind of fell in love with the taste, but we will get to that.

Ingredients are pretty straight forward. No guessing because MST lays them out individually for you. This is always a plus in my book. Macros look like this: (1scoop) 34 C, 17 P, 1 F. That's legit in a recovery drink. If you are like me you wouldn't do two scoops because of the carbs.

17g's of sugar in the form of Dextrose means your body is starting the recovery off right. The protein is a Whey Protein Concentrate from New Zealand Grass Fed Cows. BCAA's in a 2:1:1 ratio.

Taste- I had the Cinnamon Roll flavor. Their website says it's a new flavor. This DID NOT disappoint. GREAT taste. After a while I started mixing a scoop of vanilla protein in with it and that made it even better. At the beginning I would just drink one, then the other. After a couple of weeks of doing that I got the idea that I should mix the two just to see. AWESOME!

Mixability- It mixes just fine by itself. There's some frothiness but that's nothing new these days. Like I stated above, it even mixed well with a scoop of protein poured in as well.

Dosing- One scoop with about 8-10oz of H20.

I always judge recovery drinks based on how I feel the next day or two after hitting it hard in the gym/court. While taking this I was doing cardio in the mornings 3 days a week and lifting in the afternoons. I was tired. I didn't want to be that sore. Athletes Recovery gave me the ability to wake up and not feel that sore the next day or so. My DOMS were barely present. I judge this compared to before I took it and after I ran out. The soreness was quite a bit more noticeable. This made me feel like it was working. Leg day was still brutal, but that's just what I've come to expect. Nothing stops DOMS from leg day.

This is where I'm a little confused. The website says $99.95, but the rep put on my TROOP page that SR guys get 50% off using a code. For folks like me and you, that's a good deal. But, for folks off this site it would be quite the deterrent. My all time favorite recovery drink is Aftershock Recovery by Myogenix, and it's cheaper even when you use the code to get this. By quite a bit as well. Maybe it's the fact that it's so widely available so retailers have to continuously compete. The value to me should be somewhere in the $30-$35. That's more appropriate than $50.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Athlete's Recovery is a SOLID product made by a solid company. They put all the right stuff in this. It does a great job at making you feel better the next day. It has ZERO artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners. It's 100% Natural and Gluten free. I couldn't ask for much more in a recovery drink.... except for it to be cheaper. It's really hard to justify the $50+ for this when I feel I can get equivalent or better for cheaper. Lastly, let me, once again, thank Millennium Sport Technologies and SR.com for coming together to offer this to us TROOPer's. I really appreciate it. Take care!
  • Cinnamon Roll: 10/10

• Rep for this Brand
    February 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. As stated, our website prices are high retail to not complete with our brick and mortar retailers. That said, we do encourage anyone to use the SR50 coupon code or sign up for our website for even deeper discounts. An awesome recovery product with New Zealand Whey at $49.98 for 4lbs is still a good deal. Thanks again! Glad you love the cinnamon flavor as much as we do!