Reload Electrolyte Drink Mix Reviews

By: Micronamin

Reload Electrolyte Drink Mix is a Health Product manufactured by Micronamin. It is meant to improve the health of the body at the micronutrient/mineral level.

October 20, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Well Priced
  • Convenient
  • Hydration Recovery
  • General Health Support
  • Hydration Support
  • Poor Packet Design
  • Horrible Taste

I'm a big believer in BCAA supplementation and appreciate those products that include hydration-focused ingredients. But when I saw a straight up, electrolyte-only supplement, I knew I had to give it a try. I don't use Gatorade or Propel or any of the commercial sports drinks and usually rely solely on my intra-workout and regular water to keep me hydrated.

Micronamin's Reload is solid profile of core electrolytes and minerals i.e. potassium, sodium, calcium, and magnesium. Most ingredients are well dosed - you're not getting the full daily recommended value, but that's not exactly what you want in a hydration supplement. Your regular diet, multi-vitamin, and other supplements are likely also containing some dosage of these vitamins and minerals, and you certainly don't want to overdo it with supplements like sodium or calcium.

Reload supports the body in maintaining a proper fluid balance and supporting general health, and does so without any of the sugars or carbs one generally finds in a sports drink. Overall I thought the profile was solid. A good mix of key ingredients that one would expect to find in this type of product.

I also received the Lemon Lime flavor and, to be honest, I hated it. The taste is very strong and tart, even in 32 oz. of water. But what bothered me most was the aftertaste. Every sip gave me this acidic, medicinal aftertaste that would stick in the back of my throat, often times for hours after I had already finished a dose of Reload.

Mixability was decent. There was always some residue in the bottom of my bottle no matter how much I shook it up, meaning that last sip was usually gritty and powerful tasting.

I did appreciate the convenience factor of this supplement. The individual packets were nice to have and I always had a few of them on me for if I wanted a dose at work, on the weekends, etc. The packets themselves need a better design - they're difficult to open without the use of scissors.

I used this supplement for a variety of purposes. I tried it for intra-workout and post-workout hydration support. I'd dose it on off-days or in the AM. I'd toss a packet in a bottle and sip it while doing yard work. But my favorite use? After a good night of drinking. Had a few days where I woke up feeling less than 100% due to the night before and absolutely felt significantly better once I'd drunk down a dose of Reload. Honestly this was, in my case, the most prominent example of the effectiveness of this supplement. It was clear to me this delivers on its claims of providing recovery and all-day hydration.

One other note; this is a nice supplement to sip intra-workout. It provides a good mid-workout boost and keeps your endurance up. Reload is not providing the same level of DOMS recovery as a proper BCAA product, but I thought it was a good option for cardio days. Again, my only gripe was the damn taste. Ugh.

A box of 50 packets can be had on Amazon for $32 / 0.64c per packet. I personally think this is well priced. Most solid BCAA products with an electrolyte profile will cost you between .80c-$1.00 per scoop. Of course a .64c packet of Reload is a hell of a lot cheaper than a bottle of Gatorade, not to mention much healthier. I don't mind paying a few cents extra per packet for the convenience factor either.

Side Effects

Awful acidic aftertaste.

Conclusion

All in all this is a good product with a variety of uses. I'm looking at picking up another box in either Orange or Pink Lemonade though, as the Lemon Lime receives very low marks from me. But otherwise I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone interested in general hydration support. Great option for those trying to get off of sports drinks but need their water to be flavored. Even my MOM liked this product. She's a big user of electrolyte supplements (she lives in Florida and does a ton of gardening) so I gave her a few packets to try. She enjoyed it more so than I did. Good stuff.
  • Lemon Lime: 2/10

October 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Hydration
  • Recover Electrolytes
  • Recover Faster From Fatigue
  • Gritty

Hello all! BigRedd here with my take on a less popular category; Electrolyte mixes. I have been a fan of select flavors of Gatorade zero, propel, etc, but have never used an supplemental electrolyte matrix... Regardless I must give credit where its due, so thank you to Micronamin for sending this out and being an awesome participant in the SR Trooper Program!

Copied directly from Micronomin.com: included is 1 case (Case of 50) - 6.5 gram serving pouches containing: Calcium - 326 mg Magnesium - 150 mg Potassium - 200 mg Vitamin C - 500 mg Phosphorus - 250 mg Sodium chloride - 667 mg Sulfate - 10 mg Vanadium - 3 mg Zinc - 10 mg Trace mineral blend - 100 mg

0 fat, 0 carbs, 0 protein

I would gladly explain the role that each one of these minerals play in the body, but it would be rather repetitive to do so. Instead, anyone interested in these roles should look at previous reviews (as they do go very much into depth).

Anywho, each of these minerals are included in a rather generous amount (per packet). So if you look to have proper fluid balance and hydration, Reloads profile includes complementary ingredients/minerals to achieve this for you. Again, if you wish to know the mechanisms by which this is achieved, refer to previous reviews; no need to repeat what's already been said.

Taste was pretty horrid to be honest.. Some people refer to the flavor as average... But I think they're just being nice. 6/10

Mixability was pretty good. Some settling at the bottom of course, but nothing a couple shakes can't solve! 9/10

Dosing is were the product really shines. Each mineral included has its place, and so do the amounts that they're included in. 10/10

This is no preworkout by any means, so don't get your hopes up if you wish for "great energy." The main purpose this product can and will achieve is hydration; which indirectly leads to increased endurance, strength, and mental clarity.

Reloads primary function being to supply the body with sufficient levels of essential minerals and hydration certainly reflected the products effects. I found myself able to achieve greater bouts of intensity for longer periods of time. So although the primary goal is hydration, you can certainly pair this with a preworkout or BCAA product for synergistic effects.. which I did... After a couple weeks of consistent use at the gym, I decided to drink the mix on off days; this part was the most interesting.

I began drinking Reload in the morning and found brain fog was lifted rather effectively. I normally drink 20oz of water upon waking (to get things going) but brain fog would much more slowly taper off... This was quickly achieved when Reload was in the mix.

You get 50 servings for roughly $30 which could be a lot worse... The value is not bad, but also not too great. With this being an electrolyte matrix, it should be rather simple to manufacture... This being said, I believe the individual packaging is a big part of what were paying for as consumers... I'd be fine with a single 50 serving container and lower price.

Side Effects

I did experience some discomfort in terms of a "coat" like effect. Upon drinking, I would often feel grittiness in the back of my throat leading down to my esophagus. This would normally remain for a couple hours.

Conclusion

If you have some extra cash and often don't feel you're hydrated enough, this is a good investment for you. However, if you drink enough water, just save your money. I agree with the products intent and commend Micronomin for thinking outside the box, but the flavors (at least from experiencing lemon-lime) need improvement. I personally won't buy this, but if someone is looking for an electrolyte mix, I now know where to direct their attention!
  • Lemon Lime: 6/10

September 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Hydration
  • Recover Electrolytes
  • Average Taste
  • Recover Faster From Fatigue
  • High Amount Of Vitamin C
  • Opening Is Annoying

INTRODUCTION

That title is painful to some people, sorry... What's up SupplementReviews. Before starting, thank you to Micronamin for participating in the SR Troops program and SupplementReviews for making this possible. I don't usually take Gatorade or other drinks for electrolytes and I'm a person that sweats a lot! So when I saw the opportunity to try 50 servings of Reload, I said hey maybe this can help me, let's try it. Let's see if I could recover those rebellious electrolytes!

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Before requesting the product, what I liked the most from the Nutrition Facts was the amount of Vitamin C (580mg). Vitamin C is like Whey, there are other types of Vitamins (Protein in my analogy) but you always want these! The benefits of Vitamin C are a lot, it would be boring if I put all of them here but it's very beneficial especially for people who workout. Taking Vitamin C reduces the risk of getting a cold, it can also help to reduce the symptoms once we have the cold, it supports test levels, works well together with Zinc, increases blood flow, fortifies the immune system and many other benefits. I'm taking a Multivitamin right now but I'm using a low dose so getting the extra Vitamin C from Micronamin Reload was great.

I also liked the inclusion of Zinc. Zinc is important for men, especially the ones who workout which is our case. And finally, the electrolytes. A good amount of each. User @DaSlaya mentioned each one and explained most of them. The amounts of some seem low but it's because this is not a multivitamin supplement. Overall, good amounts. It's great that this has no sugar, no carbs, no fat, no cholesterol.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/OPENING/DOSING

TASTE: Like the 2 users before, I also received Lemon Lime. When I was very thirsty, it was delicious! When I wasn't thirsty, taste was "average". Not bad but not delicious either. I gave 3 persons a packet so they could try it and they could tell me how was the taste. 2 of them said it was bad and 1 of them said it was average.

MIXABILITY: Excellent, never gave me problems mixing it with a shaker. Didn't try it with other things. However, a little problem was the powder's conservation. It was affected by humidity.

OPENING: Opening each packet can be annoying though because I didn't get any instructions on where/how to open it, not even a small arrow, nothing. Somebody told me to remove all the white part of the packet, that was the correct way of opening it.

DOSING: 1-2 packets per day depending on the amount of sweat I had... I tried this during my workout for 2 weeks. First day of using this, I used 20oz but I couldn't feel the flavor. Then I read and it said 16.9oz. With that, the flavor can be felt but I prefer a stronger taste so I usually used 12-14oz and sometimes 16oz.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first day I tried this (the day I used 20oz) I'm like: Well, if I drink 20oz of water, I'll definitely also feel hydrated lol. So to see the real effectiveness of Micronamin Reload, you will have to test it in a day where there's a lot of heat and/or a day you're sweating a lot. I did and that's where I could feel the benefits. In those situations, you will notice the difference between drinking water and drinking Reload. For example, when the weather is very hot, sometimes we drink water but it doesn't do much to make us feel hydrated. But we stop taking water because we start to feel full. That's the difference with Reload. With Reload, I didn't need a huge amount of liquid to feel hydrated and I could feel I was recovering the nutrients lost during sweating because fatigue was hitting me less.

I also tried it during my workout for 2 weeks. I usually only take water during my workout, sometimes aminoacids but I usually take my aminos post-workout or another time of the day. What's the point of taking a preworkout with a high amount of Beta-Alanine, Citrulline, etc, if I'm going to take aminos intra-workout? Anyways, like I was saying, I usually only take water. I could feel the difference between only taking water and taking Reload. I usually drink small amounts of water after every set. It's a habit I have. Good thing is that I'm hydrated. Bad thing is that I have to pee a lot and the ingredients are being lost! Oh no! lol. With Reload, I didn't feel the need to take liquid after every set and I could feel my body using the liquid more efficiently. Reload is not an amino acid supplement though, it's going to help with hydration, lower sensation of fatigue, etc, but it's not an amino acid supplement so don't expect miracles. But you can definitely feel its effects during your workout.

I also never got sick while taking Reload. I'm also taking a Multivitamin though (low dose). Oh I almost forgot lol. Sometimes I combined Reload with my aminoacids post-workout or during the day and the combination was great! So that's also a good idea.

VALUE

Micronamin's website (www.micronamin.com) has it for $29.99. Flat-rate shipping is $5.95. Amazon has it for $32.16 (and I think free shipping). Groupon has it right now for $19.99 so if you haven't tried it, this is your chance because that's an excellent value. But I have to judge the normal value. $30 for 50 servings of electrolytes + Vitamin C is alright. It's a good and fair price. Remember you're getting a high amount of Vitamin C per serving and you're getting each serving in individual packets.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

MarsheS tired of water. MarsheS likes Hydration. MarsheS discover Reload. MarsheS has good health. I'm a bad copy of Gilla right? lol. Micronamin Reload is a good option for people that are tired of water. It's also a good option if even if you like water, you don't like to feel full of water. It's effective for hydration and to recover the nutrients lost during sweating. So you will recover from your fatigue (because of sweating and heat) faster. The best conclusion I can make: I'm missing Reload. Nobody knows what they have until it's gone :'(

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE COMPANY

1. Put a paper with instructions on how to open the packets or put an arrow atleast...
2. I support user @DaSlaya's suggestion of making a variety pack of 50 with mixed flavors. Having all the flavors in one box would be a much better idea for the consumer and for you $$$.
  • Lemon Lime: 7/10

August 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good For Hydration

37 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I spent the last 18 years in the Army so far, and am unable to run at this point due to previous injuries, but I have learned the importance of hydration in all my trips overseas and in day to day life. I typically will drink a Gatorade after each workout to replenish those electrolytes, but I always hated the sugar content and other junk in the Gatorade. I saw Reload being offered by a company founded by veterans, so I figure this could be a viable replacement for Gatorade, and I definitely have to see what this company is all about. Lets see just how Reloaded I felt.

0 Fat, 0 Sugar, and 0 carbs, so we are already off to a better start versus Gatorade. Fully transparent ingredient profile, which we all appreciate, no matter what type of supplement its in. I am going to talk about the important ingredients here that truly make this a hydrator. Mind you this is all based off each pack.

Mezotrace (Trace Mineral Blend) 100mg: Trace Minerals are a blend of essential minerals to support nutrient metabolism and cellular function throughout the body. The Meoztrace itself is a 100 percent natural and unique mineral rich carbonate compound with abundant calcium, magnesium, and trace elements. It contains 11 of the known 17 essential minerals for optimal health, and 80 minerals altogether.

Electrolytes:
    Sodium 75mg - Helps keep the water (the amount of fluid inside and outside the body's cells) and electrolyte balance of the body. 2300mg is the RDA for sodium, so this nice addition keeps your diet supplemented and does not go overkill.

Potassium 130mg - Plays a role in many body functions including transmission of nerve signals, muscle contractions, fluid balance, and various chemical reactions. 149 - 298mg is the RDA here, so this is a nice diet addition as well.

Calcium 326mg - Strengthens your bones and teeth, we all have heard the importance of Calcium since we were kids. Too much Calcium is a bad thing and 1 - 1.3g a day may be linked to an increase risk of a heart attack in adults. Recommendation are to stay around the 1g mark per day.

Magnesium 150mg - This also aids in bone structure. RDA here is 400mg (men 19-30 years), 310mg (women 19-30 years), 420mg (men 31+), and 320mg (women 31+). A nice addition to your daily multivitamin here.

Chloride 667mg - Very important for your blood. Maintains proper blood volume, blood pressure, and pH of your body fluids.

Hydrogen Phosphate (phosphorus) 250mg - This helps to build and repair bones and teeth, help nerves function, and make muscles contract.

There is also Vitamin C (500mg), Sulphate (10mg), Vanadium (3mg), and Zinc (10mg) included. All in all a decent ingredient profile in my opinion, so you are basically getting all the benefits here without any of the junk such as carbs, sugar, or fat.

**One complaint I do have, its not that big of a deal, its just confusing to me. The Micronamin Website for Reload states each pack is 6.5g, while the box itself states each pack is 3.2g, while the packs themselves state 2.8g. Not real sure if there are various sizes or what, but this is something Micronamin should look into and fix if it is indeed an error.**

Taste: I received a box of Lemon Lime. I thought it tasted pretty close to Gatorade, not quite and sweet, but thought it was pretty good. I also am testing out 12 Gauge via the Trooper program and got free samples of the Orange and Pink Lemonade Reload flavors. The Orange I found bland, easy to drink, but boring, while the Pink Lemonade was delicious. So it really comes down to flavor preference, as in my eyes they are all drinkable and enjoyable (even the boring Orange). They also offer a Grape flavor, but I have not tried that yet.

Mixability/Dosing: Pretty easy, just pour one packet into 16.9oz of water or in a water bottle, shake it up and you are good to go. I did find some residue on the bottom when I mixed this in water bottles, but no big deal. When I mixed this in shakers, I would not get any residue, so it likely comes down to the size of water bottle, amount of water, etc.. I would take one packet post workout (usually about an hour later) to replenish my electrolytes and to rehydrate. On hard workout or hot days out, I would take a second packet in the afternoon, since I work out first thing in the morning. I even took a packet on off days, because this truly gave me a hydrated overall better feeling.

I did enjoy having this in packets as I travel a lot for work still. It made it easy to pour a packet in a water bottle and shake it up and drink it on the go, and not look weird being on the streets of Portland drinking a shaker cup. Convenient for travel and ease of use.

Bottom line here is I found this product to be very effective for me. There are no crazy claims to this product it does exactly what it states it will, it will replenish or Reload your body. The best product I have ever taken for hydrating is Intra Blast by NutraBio and I do believe Reload comes in a close second if not a tie for the most hydrated I have felt after taking it. It would make me pee a lot but that is a good sign in my book as it shows I am hydrated. I even verified hydration by urine color (ya know, clear good, dark yellow bad). So I was very happy with how this product digested and replenished me, it truly did give me that overall wellness feeling of hydration when I took it. After Gatorade it would be too sweet and I would have a slight stomach ache, but not here, just felt like drinking delicious water that works to hydrate.

At my size of 6'2, 235 pounds, I need a good amount of water daily, especially because I keep Creatine in my stack almost always and was on a thermogenic fat burner during this run that did me no favors in hydration. This did supplement some water intake for me and was a good change up than just drinking tap water out of my Yeti all day at work. That gets pretty boring! So good work here Micronamin!

It looks like you can grab this product from Micronamin website itself for $29.99 (currently on sale), from Amazon for $32.16 +free shipping, or get a Groupon for $19.99 all for a 50 pack. Taking the average of these 3 prices, each packet comes out to around 55 cents each, which is good in my book. As Smashley pointed out you can get Bulk Powder Electrolytes for cheaper and flavor it yourself, but I am going to compare this to what's normally in my diet which was Gatorade. Depending on where you buy it Gatorade bottles and powder will be around the 1 dollar per serving price point. So we get a more transportable and cheaper option here, which is a good value in my book as I found this product to be highly effective for me.

Side Effects

You will probably be pee'ing more due to being hydrated!

Conclusion

This is the first product I have tried from Micronamin and I was pretty impressed. Honestly, when it comes to electrolyte packets you never know what you are getting, the market is saturated with cheap junk, that is just flavored water and no nutrients, so I was pretty happy to find this product to be effective. If I could offer up one suggestion, from one vet to another, please offer a variety pack of 50. People like me love variety, and I would love to have all the flavors in one box. This is something I will likely continue to keep in my stack moving forward, so bye bye Gatorade. Finally, I would like to thank Micronamin for their participation here on SR, and SR and the TROOPers program for the opportunity to enjoy this amazing product. Highly recommend!
    • Orange: 6/10
    • Pink Lemonade: 8/10
    • Lemon Lime: 7/10

August 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good For Hydration

I'm a competing powerlifter, who for some reason is trying to run her first 5k in October. I lift in the mornings and am doing C25K in the evenings (3 days a week).

I'm also cutting right now and I'm lighter than I've been since high school.

Reload is an electrolyte supplement from Micronamin. Unlike many electrolyte products that are just overpriced sugar packets, we have a nice mix of different electrolytes here:

Calcium - 326 mg
    Magnesium - 150 mg
    Potassium - 200 mg
    Phosphorus - 250 mg
    Sodium chloride - 667 mg

Electrolytes are important because they help keep the body hydrated. When we drink water, it tends to sit outside of our cells. We need electrolytes to bring some of that water into the cells and stay hydrated/balanced.

Most of the major electrolytes are in this product. The only one missing is bicarbonate, but you don't need all seven of them at once. In my opinion, it's nice to have at least three different ones.

We also have other ingredients in this product.

Vitamin C - 500 mg-
    Sulphate - 10 mg-
    Vanadium - 3 mg- Unsure of what this does in the body.
    Zinc - 10 mg- an essential mineral that does a slew of different things in the body.
    Trace mineral blend - 100 mg

I got the lemon lime flavor, and I did not like it. It had this weird multi-vitamin like taste to it, like I was eating Flintstones tablets or something like that. Electrolytes are usually pretty easy to flavor. They are just salts after all, so I'm surprised the taste wasn't better.

I add my flavored leucine to this (I drink it intra workout) which helps, but the lemon lime was a miss for me 5/10.

The mixability was pretty decent. Sometimes, there was a bit of grit at the bottom, but for the most part, Reload mixed fine, 8/10.

The dosing is easy. Just rip open a packet and drop it into your water. I've had electrolyte supplements that were droplets, which made it hard to dose it consistently. I've also just gotten a big bag which tends to get clumpy, as the electrolytes are hydrophilic, so this product was one of the more convenient ones I have used.

I really think that electrolyte supplements are underrated in general. Sure they're not as flashy as BCAAs or pre-workouts, but if you find yourself dehydrated during a lifting session or a run, you will not have a good time, and it could lead to something dangerous like heat stroke.

Unfortunately, most electrolyte supplements are just sugary water and don't do much to improve hydration. Studies indicate that most of them do not hydrate you any better than plain water.

This product, however, was very well formulated, and I found that it was quite helpful in terms of staying hydrated at the gym or when I was out running. Right now, it's summer. It's hot and I'm lifting in a field house with no AC or running in a park with little shade.

I've been dehydrated before, and I know the signs: dry mouth, headache, dizziness. I've had none of this with Reload.

This product is reasonably priced considering that it is in individual packets, which is more convenient than a scoop or a dropper. I found Reload for $30 and that's 50 servings, or $.60/serving.

Most products like this, for example Gatorade, will be $1/packet, and will have a crap profile.

Still, if you want the cheapest electrolyte option, you would get something like BulkPowders electrolyte powder which can be had for $.07/serving and flavor it yourself.

Yeah, there's a big difference in price between flavored electrolyte products in individual packets and unflavored products that you have to scoop out, but that's the market for you.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was my first product from Micronamin, and it was an effective one. I wouldn't get the lemon lime, but I would be up for trying the other flavors.
    • Lemon Lime: 5/10