AR-15 Whey Protein Powder Reviews

By: Micronamin

6.8

(Better than 2% in Protein > Whey Protein)

AR-15 Whey Protein Powder is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Micronamin. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

August 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Added Supplements For Recovery
  • Supports Veterans
  • Improved Recovery
  • Affordable
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Taste Is Terrible
Let me give a shoutout to SR.com and Micronamin for giving us little people the chance to try new products through becoming a TROOP'er. Without folks like you guys I wouldn't know some of these products even exist. When I ordered this dairy based protein powder I was expecting something to help me with my cut. I knew recovery would be an issue because I was trying to stay in a caloric deficit. At only 149 calories per serving I figured I could fit into the daily macro count and it wouldn't be a problem. What I wasn't expecting was for it to taste so terrible that I wouldn't want to take it except for in a shot form.

If you count your macros like I do then you should know that for every two scoops of weigh concentrate that you put in your shaker you are getting the following macros: 24P 8C and 4.5F. The amino profile is solid at 19. You receive 6G's of BCAA's along with 5.5g's of glutamine (for recovery) and even some Creatine. How much is unknown but I suppose every little bit helps. It's sweetened with Stevia and it has some creamer in it as well for taste purposes I suppose.

Taste- It DEFINITELY takes some getting used to in the taste department. It's the creamer. I've never had protein with creamer in it. I wasn't expecting the taste or aftertaste this provided. It is different. I think we can all agree on that. About halfway through the bag I had to start mixing it into 4oz of water and take it as a shot.

Mixability was fine. It never clumped. It was a little frothy but overall mixed well.

Dosing- I always had 2 scoops in the morning and if I worked out that day I had two scoops after I worked out. Every so often I would use it as a "snack" in the afternoon if I didn't have anything else around to snack on.

I can say this... It helps with recovery. I had some brutal leg days while taking this and I could tell that it helped stave off some of the soreness I usually experience after such days. For that I was pleasantly surprised. The 19 Amino Acids accompanied with the 24g's of protein helped replenish the muscles after such workouts.

At .99 a serving I cant justify ranking this up there with other protein name brands. Mainly because of the taste. If you don't have an issue with the taste like I did then it's priced about where everyone else is and makes for a formidable protein.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects while using this product. I wasn't gassy like I have been with others and I didn't experience any bloating either.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the only real issue I found with Micronamin's AR-15 Whey Protein was the taste. Maybe if I try another flavor I won't be as harsh. The ingredient profile is good. The recovery is just as good. Overall, the only thing I can seem to complain about is the taste. Once again, thank you to Micronamin. I may give your AR-15 another shot in the future, but try chocolate instead. I appreciate you guys sending it out to me!!
  • Vanilla: 3/10

August 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Source Of Daily Protein
  • Affordable
  • Heavy On Sweetener
  • Mixability Needs Improvement
  • 2 Scoops A Serving

First off, as always, thank you to Micronamin for sending this out. I've always been a fan of trying new proteins, so why not see how Micronamin compares to other competitors, am I right? I was informed the only flavor I would receive for this claim could be vanilla, which was fine with me. Although, upon arrival of my package, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my box to find their "new and improved" chocolate flavor. I never tried the old formula, so I cannot compare the two, but I can tell you how I felt about what was sent to me, so lets dive in!

Per every two scoops (which is one serving) of Micronamin AR-15 Whey Protein, you receive 24g protein, 8g carbs, and 4.5g fat, for those of you who track your macros. The protein is a whey concentrate, which didn't bother me even though it may some people. AR-15 comes loaded with 19 amino acids, 6g of BCAA's, 5.5g of glutamine, and even a little creatine (amount unknown so who knows how much is really in there). This protein is also comprised of stevia as a sweetener, which can sometimes leave an aftertaste in your mouth.

Taste:
As I mentioned above, I received the new and improved chocolate flavor. I'm not sure what the original tasted like, but this was sub par. For the most part, I had the aftertaste of stevia in my mouth, not a chocolate flavor. Perhaps it came form the swerve to, which is also used to sweeten Ar-15? So I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor.

Mixability:

Mixed well in a blender, which is how I make my shakes with water and ice. There was always residue on the sides of the blender. I felt like a two scoop serving in 8 ounces of water just did not properly mix/dissolve itself. I constantly had to add water to the blender after putting my shake into a glass to get out the residue.

Dosing:

I dosed 2 scoops (1 serving) after every workout, rather typical.

How well did this help me reach my goals? It provided me with 24g of protein post workout, a sufficient amount. As always, judging protein is hard. Ar-15 did not give me any stomach issues, digested nicely, and provided me with nutrients for my body to take in post workout. There wasn't anything overly special about it, a simple protein.

You can pick this up for $28.33 on Amazon, so 30 servings comes out to $0.95 per serving, not bad at all.

Side Effects

No side effects. However, I'm not a fan of protein whose serving is two scoops. That's just a personal preference though.

Conclusion

AR-15 wasn't terrible in any way, but there are better options out there for just a few dollars more. I wasn't a huge fan of the aftertaste either. Maybe if I was in a pinch with money and $0.95 a serving was the only thing that could fit my budget, but other than that I don't see myself purchasing this in the future.
  • Chocolate: 4/10

July 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Added Supplements For Recovery
  • Slight Mixing Issues

First I would like to thank Micronamin for sending their product out and letting me try it, and the SR TROOP's program for giving me the opportunity to do so. I'm a 39 year old gym enthusiast who would like to look better for his fortieth birthday. I like whey protein powders because they are perfect for the early morning or late afternoon to help with DOMS. I usually get very bad sour muscles the next day especially after playing soccer (football) so this was ideal and that is why I claimed it. What I like mostly about this whey protein powder is all the goodies that you get like Glutamine, BCAA's and Creatine.

This protein is loaded with ingredients from the 2 scoops you have to pour for one serving.

Most importantly you get 24 grams of Protein that is WPC80 sourced from Wisconsin happy cows.
With the protein you get:
4.5 Grams of fat which 2.5g of that are saturated (bad) fat and 1g is Monosaturated (good) fat. I'm not sure where the rest of the gram went.
62mg of Cholesterol
68mg of Sodium
8g of Carbohydrate - None of it is sourced from added sugar (important).

Also important to mention is that this powder does not use the standard sucralose sweetener but rather more "healthy" natural sweeteners called Swerve and Stevia.

On top of all you also additionally get 5.5g of Glutamine, 6 grams of additional BCAA's and lastly in my case 750 mg of creatine. They have already amped the creatine level to 2g which is not ideal but getting there.

With all that said ... what bothers me is that my previous reviewer has stated that he received the same product with 2 grams of creatine and the serving was "Dosing: 2 scoops for 1 serving of 24grams of protein, a stagger 45.5g per serving!" ... I also have exactly 45.5 grams of serving but yet only 750mg of Creatine ... How did they get the same amount with adding additional 1 and 1/4 gram of creatine. What have they removed instead? For me it's too coincidental and alarming. I'm not trying to start a controversy but it just bothers me and I had to question it.

At first this protein blend had a weird aftertaste like I just ate grass. It was weird but it just lasted for a few servings and after that I didn't notice it again. I think it came from Swerve or the Stevia sweetener that they use. Over all the Vanilla flavor wasn't that bad but it wasn't wow either. Honestly with all the added ingredients I would think it's that easy to find the right taste. Again it wasn't the best vanilla I have tasted but it was as bad for me to dread every time I had to drink it. The protein itself was not that hard to mix. Few shakes in my shaker with milk and it was ready to drink. I usually had two scoops after breakfast and right after my workout. Sometimes because of all the added Glutamine and BCAA's after a hard day of two fitness classes and two hours of soccer I took two servings right after.

I can tell you that this protein with all the added ingredients really helped me a lot with DOMS. The sourness wasn't as bad the next day as it was without the protein. I did feel sour but it wasn't as intense as before. It especially helped when I took two serving (four scoops) at once as soon as I returned home from playing Soccer. The extra Glutamine and BCAA's were very noticeable. The gains are actually not as much dependent on the protein as on the consumer ... meaning I need to do the work to notice gains ... there is no better or worse protein to that effect.

I noticed this protein on Amazon for 30 per 3 pound bag that you will roughly get 30 servings. This translates to paying 1$ per serving. I also like to include my special math on protein because servings are not equal in the protein world ... so it's better to see how much a individual protein cost ... You get 720 proteins per bag ... Even though it's a 3lb bag it really doesn't amount to more since you get so much of other stuff ... but than again that ups the value ... but for just the protein you pay .0416 ... pretty much the same cost if not more compared to protein isolate which is 90% protein (aka better). But!, you do get a tons of stuff additionally that can and will add up. Lastly this company is supporting a really good cause ... so it does add additional value ...

Side Effects

None that I have noticed ... I really haven't experienced any side effects with protein supplements and this protein did not negatively impact me either.

Conclusion

I'm a little heart broken that I can't be more positive for this product since the company is going right by our veterans. Unfortunately the price is a bit high in my book even with all the added goodies. Either increase the protein in the serving or lower the cost a little and this could be my go to product for my after gym consumption. It really did help me greatly in recovery and I will stand by the product for that fact. If I see this product on sale I will consider purchasing it and recommending it to my friends. Unfortunately at this moment with the price tag as is I'm going to look for alternatives.
  • Vanilla: 7/10

July 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Good Source Of Daily Protein
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Affordable
  • Supports Veterans
  • Slight Mixing Issues
  • Minimum Creatine Dose

Hello everyone!

A quick preface to the AR-15 by Micronamin: A small portion of their proceeds go directly to our veterans, so product aside they definitely have a noble cause they fight for.

I took this product 1-2x a day depending on my macro necessities, in addition I am in a cutting diet training 4-5x a week.

2 scoops = 1 serving

Calories: 150
Fat: 4.5g
Carbs: 8g (no added sugar 0)
Protein: 24 grams

The addition ingredients in AR-15 are as follows:

6g: BCAA'S- 6g of this supplement is an adequate dose for an individual to feel the recovery properties of the 3 main ingredients in BCAA'S. Leucine, Isoleucine,& Valine.

5.5g: Glutamine- is also an Amino Acid that is a bit controversial in terms of efficacy. Scientific research suggest 5g+ for adequate supplementation and many anecdotal sources claim glutatmine to be effective in accelerating recovery.

2g: Creatine Monohydrate- Creatine is a well research ingredient that if used persistently at 3-5g a day the user can experience increase energy output as well as recovery. Micronamin uses the the minimum here...I would have liked to see at least 5 grams.

Taste: Vanilla flavor was enjoyable, was not overly sweet, and overall allowed me to consume the protein with no issues. 8/10
Mixability: Very slight issues with mixing...I really had to thoroughly shake my cup with good effort...I personally do not mind, but to others this may be something they look out for

An effective protein for me is one that helps me meet my protein necessities and provides a noticeable impact on my recovery. This protein at 24g per servings with its added supplements definitely allowed me to meet my macro goals and feel a good sense of recovery. You can take this with a grain of salt, however prior to having this product I did not have any protein powder supplementation in my diet, and soon after consumer AR-15 I can attest for it allowing me recovery half a day to a day faster(varying with body group)

In terms of the added glutamine, bcaa's, and creatine It is difficult to assess what ingredient is most responsible for its recovery properties, but overall from a holistic standpoint this product delivered in the recovery and protein needs department.

Some of the best Values for this product range from $27 - $29 Which about 70-90 cents per serving, a very reasonable price for a protein considering its whooping 45g per serving!

Side Effects

no observed side effects

Conclusion

I had no knowledge of Micronamin prior to this product, but I wouldnt be surprised if this product emerged and definitely earned the recognition it deserves. An effective protein, with multiple recovering agents added, a more than decent taste, and at a value ALL can afford. Very happy with this product.
  • Vanilla: 8/10

January 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Good Source Of Daily Protein
  • Settling

Hello SR. First I would like to thank Micronamin for sending this protein supplement out for review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Sorry for being a bit late on this review and not as active. My computer has been acting all crazy and had to get a replacement, so only had my phone to keep track of SR. Anyways, I recovered nicely while using this supplement, and aside from having to shake my cup twice as long and the sweet taste, I'd say it wasn't the worst experience I've had with protein.

24 grams of protein per serving, which is from whey protein concentrate. Maybe being concentrate is one of the reasons it wanted to be a pain to mix, but regardless this is the protein we get. Plus you get 6g's of amino acids and 5.5g's of glutamine. I like seeing these added in for recovery to save money on using separate supplements.

Creatine is also in this at 750mg, though I'm not sure what kind because that seems pretty insignificant. Not a bad ingredient profile to work with, but not sure why the whey protein concentrate is listed in the other ingredient section.

Taste was a bit off because of the excessive sweetener. I could drink it, but definitely had to chug it down. Mixing was the biggest issue as it took quite a bit of shaking to break up the mixture, plus I would have to open the shaker lid to knock powder that got stuck back in, thennnnnnnnnn shake again lol dosing is 2 scoops, which this age of supplements I think needs to be worked down into 1 scoop for a serving being just a whey protein. That's just personal preference I guess.

So I used this supplement following my workout and sometimes in the mornings as well. Recovery while using this protein was still going smoothly. I know this because previous to using this protein I had another brand mixed with my glutamine from NutraBio, so I'm going to say it basically equaled the same benefits. Then my digestion was fine and the product didn't make me gassy or have the runs.

$28.49 on Amazon for 30 servings makes it under a dollar per serving. Given the protein mixed with further aminos I'd say this is a good deal for you especially once the mixture has been fixed. Other whey protein concentrates cost almost 10 dollars more and don't contain extra glutamine, so I'd choose this even given the need to shake longer.

Side Effects

Big Clumps in Cup lol

Conclusion

I noticed Micronamin has already said on other reviews that they will be fixing the mixture and taste, so I'd definitely recommend this protein powder once the issue has been confirmed as resolved. However, I have to base the review off what I got, and given the mixing issues with heavy sweetening I can't give the nice green happy face and all 8's. But would be happy to review the revised batch to update this review. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement Micronamin.

January 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Good Source Of Daily Protein
  • Heavy On Sweetener
  • Mixability Needs Improvement

Chocolate protein powder. Legit my favorite supplement of all time. I'm always excited to try out a new brand or a product with an interesting ingredient profile twist, and I appreciate Micronamin letting me give AR-15 a go.

Two scoops of AR-15 nets you 24g whey protein concentrate, 6g BCAAs, 5.5g glutamine, and an undisclosed dosage of creatine. All in all a nice profile. I appreciate the inclusion of both the BCAAs and the glutamine and the fact they are dosed at an effective level. Additional kudos for an *almost* fully disclosed ingredient profile. I appreciate seeing the dosages of the product's amino acid profile. My only gripe is the amount of creatine included isn't stated and, personally, I'd prefer not to have creatine added to my protein powder.

As others have stated, taste and mixability need some work here. The chocolate flavor isn't awful, but the artificial sweetener is overpowering and adds an odd aftertaste when drunk with straight water. The taste improves dramatically when blended with coconut milk and banana.

Lots of issues with clumping, particularly around the mouth opening of the shaker cup. I tried to blend this whenever possible.

I primarily dosed two scoops in the AM regardless of whether or not I worked out. If I did lift, I would take post-workout.

I've always struggled with gauging the effectiveness of products like protein and multivitamins. In my opinion these are staples of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen.

I will say that the holidays have taken their toll on me and I've not seen the progress in the gym that I'd like the opposite actually but AR-15 isn't to blame for any of that. I have been able to retain most of my strength and muscle mass these past few weeks, which I do attribute at least in part to regularly supplementing protein. Also I did notice a small decrease in my level of DOMS and overall soreness while on this product. Basically AR-15 is giving you exactly what you'd expect from your standard protein supplement.

A side note: I've never prescribed to the notion that you'll only see results from using a pure, high-quality protein. Some may be turned off by the fact that AR-15's sole source of protein is protein concentrate, however I'll honestly say that I didn't notice any difference in performance or gains while using this product compared to a blend containing whey isolate or something along those lines.

Woof. At first the price was going to be a major negative in this review. On Micronamin's website, AR-15 is running $50 for 30 servings. That's absolutely insane. Furthermore, you can't find AR-15 (at least I couldn't) on any of the major supplement sites. BUT, if you search for the product on Amazon, you can grab it for a much more reasonable $30 for 30 servings.

Still, $1.00 per serving for whey protein is somewhat high in my book. ON's Gold Standard has a very similar profile, including the amino acid additions, and will cost you .79c per serving. The cost isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but many similar products can be had for right around .85c per serving, and that's not including the frequent deals you can take advantage of on major supp websites.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I liked AR-15. It's a clear cut, well-rounded protein that also packs in much of what you'd normally find in your intra-workout recovery drinks. The flavoring and mixability aren't fantastic, and the price might be a bit steep for some, but this is still a viable protein option. There's also the fact this is produced by veterans, and a percentage of all sales go to non-profit veteran support organizations. I'd pay a little extra for this product knowing that fact. With some tweaks, AR-15 could be a top tier protein supplement.

December 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Heavy On Sweetener
  • Settling
  • Smally Gas

I would like to Thank Micronamin for sending out a pouch of Vanilla AR-15! I have been training closer to 3 days now as we are in what we call Season out here in CA. Meaning we get snowbirds (somewhat wealthy folks from the colder states/Canada) that come out and spend some time and money in our resorts and cities! So less time for the gym but making money for the future gains (Food Mostly)! I have been training on the big 3 mostly and accessory work I usually workout in the evening after work. I have slowly crept up the intensity and volume post the main lifts. I have always been a lover of the pump.

I have attached the ingredient profile below but you get Whey protein concentrate, BCAA and Glutamine. 1 serving is 2 scoops and yields you 24g protein, 4.5g fat and 8g of carbs. You also see Creatine listed in the other ingredients section.

Taste: As I mentioned previously I received the Vanilla flavor. It took me some getting used to drinking it on its own with water or skim milk the sweetener was a little overpowering and it left a weird after taste. When I blended it with some berries or some sort of fruit it was much better. I would like to see the sweetener toned down a little bit.

Mixability: This has major issues with clumping and settling when mixed in any type of shaker cup. I mostly ended up blending it up with fruit it tasted better and was mostly free of clumps, it did however foam a little bit.

Dosing: 1 serving (2 scoops) typically post workout! Sometimes I had not time in between jobs so I had to settle for some clumpy protein. On days where I brought my single serve blender to work I could make me a nice fruit smoothie with protein typically held me over for the second shift.

Protein is always hard to judge if it's "Working." I used AR-15 to meet my macros goals when tracking. Sometime eyeballing them in my head sometimes on MFP. I did notice small recovery and reduction of DOMS when taking post workout. It was convenient to have bcaa's and glutamine
included. I have been training 3 days straight and Squats, Bench, Dead's and all 3 days I had a postw/o shake because I knew Deadlift day would be dreadful because I wouldn't be completely recovered from Squats, AR-15 was able to help me not suffer as much. I would feel sore but as soon as blood started flowing into the hams, glutes and lower back it was game time!

35.99 for 30 servings is a just a tad bit higher than we would like to see especially with the mixing issues, and the fact that the sweetener is overpowering. These are issues that can be addressed and I personally would be fine with the price point.

Side Effects

As I would mostly drink this PostW/O I noticed that the next morning I had some pretty smelly gas.

Conclusion

I do believe that Micronamin has a good base to a product that can become so much better. The issue with mixability and the overpowering sweetener have been addressed by myself and our other reviewers. Something I forgot to mention is that it comes in a pouch, I kind of like this because as you run out you can roll it smaller and it takes up less space than a tub. I would pack this into my lunch bag on days where I knew I was going to need some extra protein.

If they fix the kinks it can be a great go to protein powder that also helps a great cause!

Finally, a Thanks to SR for the Trooper/ER program!
  • Vanilla: 5/10

5.5
  December 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixability Needs Improvement

A special thanks to Micronamin for the chance to try out their protein AR-15. Lets be honest, protein supplements are the foundation of the average fitness buff's supp arsenal. There are more than enough different products out there. All have their pros and cons, but in the end, it's the preference of the user that determine's whether a protein supplement hit home. I've used more than enough protein products in plenty of various forms to keep count. At the same time, I've used numerous protein powders, usually for the purpose of reaching my macro quotas daily.

So lets see how AR-15 holds up...

Each two scoop serving provides 24g of whey protein and some added bonuses including 750mg of creatine, 5.5g of glutamine, and 6g of BCAAs. According to a comment by the rep posted on zbikowski88's review, Micronamin uses 30g of WPC 80, yielding the listed 24g of whey protein. There are no added fillers, but what I'm not fond of is the 11.5g of sweetener used. I've never been a fan of stevia or artificial sweeteners of any kind. I know that stevia is a more "natural" oriented sweetener, but I'm just not a fan of substitutes unless absolutely needed.

At any rate, the profile looks promising enough for a protein supplement.

I received the chocolate flavor and I found it to be decent but definitely not the best. The taste of the sweetner is very apparent and can be unpleasant to those with more sensitive palates.

The mixability is definitely a weak point of this product. There was never a time, regardless what method of preparation I used that I could get a complete or close to complete thorough mixture. Regardless of any liquids or methods, I was always left with an array of sticky clumps that would often get stuck in my teeth. I did not like that feeling whatsoever at it often left my mouth sticky and with an unpleasant aftertaste.

My personal dosing for this product was solely a two scoop serving post workout. On non-training days I would take a serving sometime in the early morning. I never took the product more than twice since I wanted to last and I was getting a majority of my protein from other sources anyway.

I wanted to used AR-15 primarily as a recovery aid since it had some extra bonus ingredients, I figured this is where it would be most helpful. I found that it was indeed helpful in improving my recovery and helping to maintain my DOMS both post workout and throughout the week to a minimum. It also did help me meet my macro quotas provided my diet remained on track throughout the day. Not much more I can say being that this is a protein and these are the two main areas I gauge a protein supplement's efficacy on.

The cheapest I was able to find AR-15 was 39.99. I respect the fact that Micronamin donates proceeds to veteran non-profit organizations so I'd be willing to be pay this price just for the fact that it's going to a good cause. However, take that away, and I feel that this price is a bit steep for me given the cons of the product. I'd say that if these kinks were ironed out, the price would be a more worthy investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While in no way a complete bust for me, AR-15 needs some improvement in order for me to really recommend it over some of my more personal favored choices. Improving the mixability, taste, and quality of the product will definitely make AR-15 a more substantial competitor in the protein supplement market. Overall, it's worth a try, but I'd wait till some improvements are made.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!

Overall
Overall
5.8
6.4
5.2
  December 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Heavy On Sweetener

As a disabled military veteran I try do what I can to help out other veteran companies/services. Micronamin was created by Veterans for Veterans while donating a percentage of made income to Freedom Hunters and other veteran organizations . This was the biggest point of emphasis for myself when deciding to review AR-15 Whey Protein Powder. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week (Powerlifting Focus) while on a lean-bulk diet.

This ingredient profile is a little different from other whey protein powder supplements. Each serving contains: 5.5g of Glutamine, 6g BCAA and 750mg creatine - notice something missing? The front of the bag doesn't list the amount of protein per serving which is odd. Anyways there's 24g of Whey Protein Concentrate (About 80% grade). Other notable ingredients include 4.5g Total Fat, 8g of Total Cabohydrates and 210mg Potassium. So overall per serving there is 45.55g total with 24g of that coming from protein leaving **21.55g** of other ingredients.

Taste - I received the Chocolate flavor which is one of two currently available (other being vanilla). It did somewhat taste like chocolate but there is a real strong taste of sweetener (Swerve, Stevia). Not the best tasting whey protein powder however it's not the worst either.

Mixability - There was some issues with clumping mixed with water. There was so settlement at the bottom but there was some grittiness toward the last few sips.

Dosing - Protein is something that you can use at anytime: Before/After training, in between meals, meal replacement. I basically had a serving after training and first thing in the morning on non-training days.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of whey protein supplements. Whey protein can help you gain muscle, strength and help get rid of body fat but it takes much more than that. With a sound training program and diet this product "could" help you. While reviewing AR-15 I do believe it helped with those areas but who knows really how much? There was no bloating or any kind of digestive issue to report as there can be some with milk derived proteins.

Micronamin is having a sale on their website - Originally $59.99 and now $49.99 however I found it cheaper on Amazon for $39.99. Using the Amazon price each serving costs you around $1.33 which is quite high when compared to others. Now I do have a soft spot since some of that money is going to veteran non-profit organizations but it's still a bit too much for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall my experience using Micronamin AR-15 Whey Protein Powder was meh. I really didn't look forward to the taste or clumping but it did help fill my macros. Sometimes less is more, I'd like to see them get rid of the Creatine and use way less sweetener to lower the cost per serving. I do want to thank Micronamin for participating in the SR TROOP Program and helping other veterans nationwide.
  • Chocolate: 3/10