12 Gauge Pre Workout with DMHA Reviews

By: Micronamin

(Better than 61% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES
(30 sv) - [$0.83/sv]

Amazon
12 Gauge Pre Workout with DMHA is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Micronamin. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

9.5
  October 17, 2017

• Affordable
  • Decent Pump
  • Great Ingredient Profile
  • Some Rare But Exciting Ingredients

I know... You guys probably are looking at my rating and thinking I'm drunk, but I'm not. I'll explain myself. I want to thank Micronamin for more than just their patience as I get caught up on my reviews and for the opportunity to test their product. Micronamin is a veteran owned business and donates a portion of their proceeds to charity in support of other veterans; that's something I think we can all get behind and support.

12 Gauge is absolutely loaded. I really like how the label is fully disclosed but also categorized for its intended purpose. The ingredient list altogether is super long, so I don't plan on getting into the real nitty gritty of every single one. Instead I'm going to focus more on how they complement each other within their subcategories.

The top category is the Superior Endurance Formula with 4g of Citrulline Malate at a 2:1 ratio, close to a clinical dose of beta alanine (3g), a common 1g of taurine, and paltry 300mg of agmatine sulfate. I say paltry in reference to the agmatine there, but I actually really like the whole group from top to bottom. This combination of "pump" ingredients will cause some vasodilation but not so much that it necessarily steals the show from the energy and focus areas. Keep in mind that the more your veins and arteries dilate, the lower your blood pressure becomes. I think by dosing the pump ingredients where they are, 12gauge is being effective in providing increased transport of nutrients to the muscles and the brain, but also governing that effect to a degree so that you still a heady energy rush that comes by maintaining or slightly heightening blood pressure in the body. This is purely speculative though; I'm no scientist. Simultaneously, the strong dose of beta alanine does nothing to provide a pump, but does have a significant impact on endurance. The dosing effectively means that this PWO is equally at home in a cardio driven session or anaerobic lift.

Next we have the Advanced Strength Formula-a combination of Creatine Monohydrate (1.5g), Creatine HCL (750mg), Creatine Ethyl Ester (750mg), and Alpha GPC (300mg). I love to see Alpha GPC in here, and while it's grouped with the strength bunch and rightfully so, it can also have a big impact on cognition and focus. One study cites Alpha GPC as being responsible for increasing weight lifting capacity by as much as 15%. Creatine Monohydrate is an obvious classic, but at 1500mg this isn't going to replace daily supplementation for the desired effects of an extra couple reps per set, but it can't hurt. When complemented with the HCL and Ethyl Ester you might not need the typical 5g though. C-HCL is as much as 60% more biologically available than Mono, and water soluble which not only means it will actually mix in liquid instead of suspend, but also won't lead to water retention. Lastly, CEE is widely popular and many claim it to be more effective than Mono, but there isn't much to back claims from the lab. That aside, C-HCL, CM, and A-GPC are all tried and true ingredients and there's certainly nothing *wrong* with CEE.

Now for the "Insane Energy Formula". Aptly named. This consists of DMHA, Caffeine Anhydrous, Caffeine citrate, and DiCaffeine malate, all dosed at 100mg. DMHA, aka Octodrine, is becoming wildly popular and is a replacement to the formerly popular DMAA. It's an amphetamine mimicking stimulant that works great in the gym, but some users have complained of crashing. From there we have the 100g of standard caffeine anhydrous which is just wonderful stuff as an ingredient goes but will lead to a crash pretty reliably. Caffeine Citrate is a 1:1 ratio typically, and normally used to treat breathing problems in premature babies. For the purpose of being a workout supplement, that may translate, but I'm not sure that it would have any additional effects for a healthy adult beyond the typical CNS response to caffeine. Lastly DiCaffeine Malate of Infinergy has added benefits of making caffeine less harsh on the digestive system, while aiding the effectiveness of anhydrous.

The "Precision Focus Formula" is where all the nootropics are housed. You've got 350mg of NALT, one of the most popular nootropics used now for everything from cognition to focus to well-being to not being as sensitive to cold. Theanine (250mg) is meant to continue aiding in mental clarity and well being. Adranifil is particularly interesting. It's only 30mg, but this is the derivative of modafinil, the active ingredient in Provigil. I've never seen this in a supplement, and at this dose I'm not sure how much it will do, but Provigil itself is pretty nuts. You take it and are simply awake for the next 12-15 hours no matter how boring whatever you're doing is. Yohimbine HCL isn't really a nootropic and is more commonly used for fat burning. In this setting I believe it helps with absorption. Lastly, vinpocetine is meant to aid in all the classic nootropic things of increasing cognition, the feeling of well-being, etc., but 5mg is considered a low dose and there is only 2mg in here.

Last are the "intensifiers"; a various assortment of good things. Maca root is a classic natural test booster, but at 25mg the effects will be minimal as well. Niacin is going to aid in adding to the tingly feeling of the beta alanine and make you heat up. At 25mg you should feel these effects. Beet Root will aid in increasing pump levels, but is kept at a low dose of 20mg here. Lastly, White Willow Bark will help prevent or correct erythema and stop migraines, but you'd probably need 5x the 10mg dose in 12gauge to really have those effects.
    Long story short 12 gauge is loaded.

I mentioned that you all would probably think I'm drunk because of the low overall rating despite the sky high effectiveness and price ratings. This is why.
    Dosing: 20 minutes before your workout, on the way into your workout, whatever-this stuff kicks in quick. 1 scoop will do the trick.

Mixability: My batch of 12 gauge was so clumpy that I literally had to just reach into the bag, grab nuggets of PWO and stuff them into the scooper until I had a little tiny hockey puck of powder. Not surprisingly, it took me like 10 minutes of non-stop shaking to get the chunks broken down enough to even be suspended.

Taste: I know these guys are aware the taste of 12 gauge isn't great, but after reading the other reviews I'm wondering if I got a bad batch. It literally tasted and smelled like stomach acid. I tried to drink it on its own a few times but never managed to be able to. To get it down at all I had to mix it with something else like powdered BCAAs, plug my nose, and drink as fast as possible. It was simply brutal.

I consider 12 gauge to be one of the most ridiculously loaded, high intensity PWOs I've ever taken. If you take any given ingredient you can probably find it in a greater amount in other top-end PWOs but in collaboration, it's peerless. I felt like from the moment I gulped it down I felt a rush of energy. Throughout my workout it just kept coming. Every time I felt like I was falling off and losing some energy it was like something else would hit me. I had cold chills, tingles, I was flush, I was pushing heavy weight better than ever, and I was laser focused. The sweat was absurd. I actually felt bad. I normally get a good sweat going as is, but when crushing the weights on 12 gauge I kind of felt like a super jacked up slug, but instead of leaving a trail of slime as I moved around it was a trail of sweat. Kind of a weird analogy to say the least, but I kid you not-unprecedented levels of sweat. I loved it but I'm pretty sure I just grossed everyone else out.

The first few workouts were almost a little too intense. After those first few though, things kind of settled down and I knew what to expect. 12 gauge delivered reliably.

As far as pumps go, it was exactly what I expected. I could see increased vascularity during my workout, but it took a little longer to achieve a full pump. It never hit the point some other pump-focused PWOs have that feature 6-8 grams of citrulline, for example. But it was serviceable to say the least.

One other thing worth noting was this was equally effective during cardio and weight training sessions. I could pump out a couple extra levels on the elliptical or kick it up a notch on the treadmill and had no issues with the boredom that usually plagues me in cardio sessions. Nothings better than when you can do some cardio and not absolutely hate your life or at best consider it a necessary evil, and actually enjoy it instead.
    I also experienced minimal crashing with 12 gauge. I always lift before work and each time I was able to complete my lift, get ready and go to work, and hit the ground running right away without a fall off.

Here you've got 30 servings for about $25 on Amazon. For the ingredient panel and effects that's a really competitive price. You've got all the perks of the upper echelon of PWOs but at a really manageable price.

Side Effects

Stomach issues were mainly it. I'm not sure if it was a result of the ingredients or the taste though, as it could really be either one. Regardless, they were minimal and typically just meant a 5-minute interruption to take care of business.

Conclusion

So if I'm the outlier with a bad batch that clumped and tasted like absolute garbage, then this is definitely something you need to try. If it is in fact something that everyone's experiencing then I really couldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. At the end of the day the effectiveness was about as close to a 10/10 as you can get, but the fact that it's literally undrinkable makes it a deal breaker for me. Either way, until Micronamin changes the flavor of at least lemon-lime, expect to win AND lose when you go out and buy this.
    • Lemon lime: 1/10

9.2
      September 8, 2017

• Great Taste Great Mixabililty Slight Endurance Increase
    • Improve The Pump
    • Some Better Dosages

37 years old and work out 4 - 5 times a week depending on what plan I am running. I have never taken a PWO with DMHA before, so when I saw 12 Gauge show up as an opportunity for review, I jumped on it. I was happy with Micronamins Reload product, so I wanted to see what their other products were like. Me being an 18 year Army vet, apprecites a company that is founded by vets and donates to vets, but it also makes me more critical, as I expect their products to be higher tier than others. Lets see how this Shotgun breached my life.

**Of note, in case you do not understand the title, we in the Army use Shotguns to breach doors during Close Quarters Battle (CQB). There are multiple ways to breach a door (tools, explosives, shotgun etc..) but just wanted to explain the title, and see now you learned something if you did not know**

(7/10)
    This is broken down into 5 blends, but all are 100% fully disclosed so kudos for that. There is the Superior Endurance Formula, Advanced Strength Formula, Insane Energy Formula, Precision Focus Formula, and Intensifiers. I will discuss this by blend not by individual ingredient as i normally do, because this would be insanely long if I did that. I will highlight the ingredients and dosage that I find important though.

Superior Endurance Formula (8.3g): This contains 4g of Citrulline Malate 2:1, 3g Beta Alanine, 1g Taurine, and 300mg of Agmatine Sulfate. Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enahnce sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, here we get 4g so slightly underdosed. Beta Alanine aids in recovery and gives you those magical Tingles. Typically 2-5g daily is what you want, so the dosage here is fine, though people always want that magical 3.2g, this dose is fine. Taurine increases blood flow, and recommended dosage is 500mg - 2g; it is also said to never exceed 3g a day, as it may be toxic to the body at those levels, so this dosage is good to go. Agmatine Sulfate lowers pain and depression and typically does not go well with Citrulline (according to examine.com). Really this blend could drop the Agmatine and up the Citrulline.

Advanced Strength Formula (3.3g): Here we get 1.5g Creatine Monohydrate, 750mg Creatine HCL, 750mg Creatine Ethyl Ester, and 300mg Alpha GPC. A guy at my weight (235 pounds) should be taking 8-10g Creatine daily, which I never seem to do, so this addition here helps and its a pretty healthy dose in a PWO. We all know Monohydrate is the original creatine that needs a loading phase, Ethyl Ester does not need loading and requires less grams to be effective. and HCL dissolves better than Monohydrate and therefore requires less grams as well. Alpha GPC is said to increae your power output and give you minor increases in the Growth Hormone and iron Absorption (all good things for us Test loving Men). 1.2g is the normal daily intake for Alpha GPC though 600mg is said to see power output results. So we get a small dose here. Personally, I say up the Alpha GPC to 600mg.

Insane Energy Formula (400mg): The stuff that dreams are made of we have 100mg of Octodrine (DMHA), Caffiene Anhydrous, Caffiene Citrate, and Dicaffiene Malate. DMHA is the successor to the now banned DMAA and is a mostly synthetic compound that boosts energy levels, focus, concentration, and appetite suppression. Best dosage to take is 1mg per bodyweight up to 160mg, so the 100mg is a nice dose for everyone! Of the cafffiene types, anydrous the standard of the Caffiene world and is commonly known as "pure caffiene". Caffiene Citrate is the fastest acting Caffeine available, while Dicaffeine Malate is two caffeine molecules bonded to a malic acid. Supposedly this does not cause stomach discomfort or a need to use the bathroom like most caffienes do. I like the different types of caffeine being included here, we will discuss this in effectiveness.

Precision Focus Formula (642mg): Here we have 350mg of N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 250mg Theanine, 30mg Adranifil, 10mg Yohimbine HCL, and 2mg Vinpocetine. Tyrosine is an amino acid that produces noradrenaline and dopamine. This nootropic lowers stress and gives you that wellness feeling. Typical dosage is 500mg - 2g, so slightly underdosed here. Theanine is commonly found in teas and promotes relaxation without sedation. 100-200mg of this goes great with Caffiene so we get a bit more here. Adranifil is a nootropic that increases alertness and wakefulness. It is a stimulant, and is advised you do not take high dosages (600mg) in the afternoon or evening as you will not sleep. Also Adrafinil is a banned substance by the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) under section 6 of 2014 banned substance list. Now I see why its such a small dose in here. Yohimbine is a fat burning compound and is highly stimulatory. Dosage is based off weight 14mg for 150 lb person, 18mg for 200lb, and 22mg for 250lb. Typically Yohimbine is listed incorrectly by most supplements (according to examine.com) but here its likely not, since they have a fair safe amount for anyone to utilize. Vinpocetine is a nootropic that may enhace blood flow and increase memory. Vinpocetine increases its absorption by 60-100% when taken with food. This goes will with other Nitrates. So this blend could use some tweaking if I was king for a day. I would remove Adranifil entirely (no need for banned substances in a product), up the Tyrosine to 500mg, and possibly remove Vinpocentine because I really do not see its benefit.

Intensifiers (80mg): We have 25mg Maca Root, 25mg Niacin, 20mg Beet Root, and 10mg White Willow Bark. Maca is an aphrodisiac known to increase sexual desire and is a form of a test booster as well. Common daily doses are 1.5 - 3g and usually taken with food. Niacin (Vitamin B3) is good for general good health. 16mg for Men and 14mg for women daily are common RDA, and you do not want to exceed 35mg daily. At 25mg I think its too high, and you should be careful not to take any other Niacin containing supps. Also some people get a red rash reaction from this as well. Beet Root is used to help improve blood flow to muscles during exercise and to relieve some post exercise muscle aches. With such a small dose here you are likely not to notice anything. White Willow Bark acts a lot like aspirin to reduce pain, headaches etc. Really this blend seems unnecessary in the grand scheme of things to me. Small doses, I dunno, maybe it does things I just am not aware of, but seems like a waste.

Overall pretty interesting profile here, again kudos to Micronamin for being 100% transparent, awesome!! There are some tweaks I could see just by basing daily requirements of each ingredient, but I have never made a supplement so I am sure there are reasons for this that I am not aware of. I would like to see Adranifil removed though, I really do not see why you need a WADA banned substance in such a great product.

(9/10)
    Taste: After seeing the three reviews below, I think I lucked out with taste as it appears the Lemon Lime Flavor is not a fan favorite. I recieved the Grape flavor, and best way to put it is it tastes like Grape Smarties. You know Smarties the candy, if your a millenial and have never had smarties, go buy a pack today, then you will know what Grape 12 Ga. tastes like. It was a little tart, and given that I take this about 530am each morning it was not so bad. The slight tartness would wake me up but all in all it tasted pretty good no matter if I sipped on it or just downed it.

Mixability: So there was slight clumping here, mostly towards the bottom of the bag. I would get some clumps in a scoop but it would dissolve immediately in water. I always mixed with about 10-12oz Water with no issues at all. No residue left over, so it may appear like it will not mix well, but it will. One of the best mixing PWO's I have ever seen.

Dosing: I took one scoop 30 minutes before my workout. Nice, easy, simple!! If you lose your mind and decide you need to double scoop this bad boy, I would say DO NOT DO IT! You are getting 300mg of Caffeine alone with other stimulants per scoop, so 2 scoops would ruin your day. Don't be that guy/gal!

(9.2/10)
    Now the fun part! Being that I had never taken DMHA before I was excited and curious to see the results. In a nutshell, this caused me to sweat a ton during my workouts, but worked great! This did not tweak me out or give me the shakes or anything crazy. It was very low key energy that seemed to wait until I started to work out to go into effect. Once I got to the gym and warmed up, the weights seemed lighter than normal. My workouts range from 60-90 minutes, and never once was I wondering how much I had left, instead my workout would just end, and I was like oh, I still have energy left. The whole time the energy and focus level would be low key, it would just focus you to get that workout done and not dick around! This reminds me a lot of Pre-Jym and actually performed better than Pre-Jym in my eyes. Thats a bold statement because Pre-Jym WAS my all time favorite PWO. This goes to the top of the list, by a slight margin! By week 4, I noticed the effects diminished a bit. Not enough to not be effective but it was not the same for sure. Your body will adjust and the fact that I was 4 weeks in before I noticed any diminishing returns is pretty good for a PWO. I just found myself sweating less, and the weights still moved just not as easily. All in all, this stuff was great for me, now lets talk product claims. These claims can be found on the Micronamin website, not on the product itself, which is cool!

Maximize Endurance: I can see this as being a yes. I was taking a seperate Beta Alanine Supp for most of this run so I cannot say for sure, but I did spend about 2 weeks with this being my only source of PWO. While my endurance did drop, it was better than when i had started, so the Beta Alanine in here does a nice job.

Maximize Strength/Focus: YES! Of course this comes down to your lifting routine in the gym, but this will focus you in and help you throw those weights around with energy.

One thing I did not really get from this product is a pump. I noticed a slight pump at times, but nothing that stands out from pump products I have taken in the past. I did have a better mind muscle connection though, so again the focus was on point! I would almost say either remove the pump products here entirely and make it in a separate product or mess with the dosages so people will really get a pump on!!

So, no wazoo product claims, and a very effective product. I thought this was an amazing PWO!

(9/10)
    Okay so you can pick up a 30 serving bag from Micronamin themselves for $29.99 currently, $24.95 from Amazon, $19.95 from a Groupon, $16 from Walmart, or $26.34 from Bulu Box. Wow thats a great deal no matter where you get it!! At the highest price you are paying 1 dollar per serving. Comparing this to my other top PWO's Pre Jym will cost you around $1.90 per serving and Pre-Extreme will be around $2.15 a serving. So yeah, in a very flooded market of PWO's this is an amazing deal, and given how effective it is, you cannot go wrong. Seriously if you are in the market for a PWO and reading this, stop and go get one of those sweet deals for this and enjoy the ride!! Amazing Value, not sure I have ever said that in a review yet!!

Side Effects

Most times (about 75% of the time) I would have minor GI issues and have to hit the bathroom before the gym after drinking this. No big deal, my body typically does this with any caffeine intake, so pretty normal actually.

Conclusion

A big thank you to Micronamin and the TROOPer program for allowing me to test and review this amazing product. This is officially my current favorite PWO right now (there are a lot I have not tried yet though). I think Micronamin is making some pretty nice products after trying this and Reload. Great to see this up and coming company produce quality supps. Also I love that it gives some proceeds to non profit Veteran foundations, and is founded by Vets. Glad it worked out well, because I would have been sooooooooo angry if these products were sub par! I highly recommend this, the new big dog on the block, but you should probably stay away from the Lemon Lime flavor, see the below reviews for that! Get rid of that Banned substance Micronamin and you would have a product that is in the elite class of PWO's.
    • Grape: 8/10

August 26, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Heightened Endurance
    • Improve The Pump

First I want to say thank you to Micronamin for allowing the SR troopers the opportunity to try this and other products they put up on the site. From what I have read it looks like they donate to veterans which is awesome! While on the hunt for a new pre-workout supplement I came across 12 Gauge on the SR Trooper list. Looking at the ingredient profile and liking what I saw and since I never heard of this company before, I decided it was worth a try.

This broken down into five main groups. I will touch upon what I liked about each group.
    Superior Endurance Formula: L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1- There are 4 grams in here which is an ok dose and I did get a pump but I do feel this could have been better. If they went up to the 6 gram range I believe it would have been the sweet spot for a pump. 8 grams may cause some individuals a little stomach discomfort. Agmatine is in here at 300mg. I think this should go to 500mg which I also believe will improve the pump feeling. Beta-Alanine is dosed at 3 grams instead of the usual 3.2 but the tingles were pretty intense and they came on very quickly, within 5-10 minutes of drinking this. 3 grams did the trick for me.
    Advanced Strength Formula-A couple mixes of creatine consisting of creatine monhydrate (1.5g), Creatine HCL (750mg), Creatine Ethyl Ester (750mg). Nice to see the HCL and EE in here. I supplement with monohydrate at 5g per day so having this in here is fine but not a necessity for me. Maybe dose the monohydrate at 5g so those who use creatine will already get their daily dose when they take this PWO. Then they will just need to take monohydrate on their off days.
    Insane Energy Formula-DMHA at 100mg and a few caffeine sources consisting of Anhydrous (100mg), Citrate (100mg), and Dicaffeine Malate (100mg). A good blend that didn't cause any crash or jitters.
    Precision Focus Formula-I like the N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (350mg) in here to help as a mood lifter. L-Theanine (250mg) is nice to have which helps with focus.
    Intensifiers-This consists of Maca Root (25mg), Niacin (25mg), Beet Root (20mg) and White Willow Bark (10mg). I think these ingredients are under dosed but if these intensifiers were put in here to make you feel the effects quicker then this mix is the real deal because this PWO hits you quick.

I had the Lemon-Lime flavor. Upon the first sip of the first use I thought "oh no, I have 29 more servings of this." By the third time I used this I was looking forward to drinking it. This flavor grew on me more and more as I used it. It is a bit sour at first which I expected but it wasn't overpowering. I would like to try other flavors in the future. I think this is the only flavor they had at the time this was sent out to me. This mixed fine with no issues. I mixed it in a shaker cup with 12 ounces of water and one scoop of powder about 15 -20 minutes prior to my workouts.

Here is what I experienced:
    Endurance and Reduced Fatigue: This did help push me through my workouts, especially later in the workout. After working all day and chasing after 3 kids it is sometimes difficult to not only get yourself into the gym but also push yourself at the end of a workout when your inner voice is telling you "it's okay to skip the that exercise because your tired and there is dinner waiting for you at home." While using this I can say that I did not get that little voice and I was able to push through my workouts without wanting to end earlier than I should.

Strength Increase: I continued to make progress in my lifts and did not suffer any setbacks. I did go up in weight in a few exercises and also increased reps for a few exercises. To say this was the only contributor would not be accurate. Did I experience unbelievable, off the chart gains, no. I do not expect that from any supplement let alone a PWO.

Focus: I was definitely focused which I believe is partially why endurance and fatigue were not a factor. For me, if the focus is not there then I feel fatigued more quickly. This may be all in my head but when this happens it feels like it transfers down to the body. After drinking this I was ready to attack my workout. This is definitely one of the best PWO's I have used in regards to focus. I was in the zone every time.

Energy: Great energy. The energy was clean and no jitters during or crash after. I started feeling the impact of this within 10 minutes of taking it. The energy in this is up there with the top tier PWO's I have used. It is constant and does not let up. Lasted the entire workout which for me is anywhere from 60-75 minutes. There were times where I finished my workout and wanted to keep going. As the effects started to wear off somewhere around the 75 minute range, reality set in and I realized "Popeye's Spinach Power" was no longer their.

Pump: The pump was decent. Not skin splitting but on the 11th or 12th rep on arm days you could tell it was working. I have used better PWO's for pump but if they increase the amount of Cit Mal and Agmatine I believe this will provide an even better pump.

On Amazon currently you can find this for $24.95 for 30 servings which comes out to $0.83 per serving. This is a really good value for a solid pre-workout. Other sites have it around $26 and it looks like there are coupons for 50% if you search for them. Hopefully more distributors pick this brand up.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Micronamin has a winner with this pre-workout. It produced good results for me and at a great value for those of us who will purchase this in the future. I look forward to trying some of their other flavors and also some of their other supplements. I highly recommend giving this a try.
    • Lemon lime: 6/10

August 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Heightened Endurance
    • Awesome Pump
    • Poor Taste

First and foremost I would like to thank Micronamin for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week and also plays soccer twice a week. In my age any boost of energy is a good thing. I also look for focus and mood enhancements because being this old and seeing what this world is all about ... any mood enhancers are welcome. I noticed this product in the offers and seeing the massive ingredients profile I had to try it.

This has a fully disclosed ingredients profile that I highly praise!

Superior Endurance Formula: 8,3 grams

Citrulline Malate a vasodilator is the cornerstone of the NO production. What it means is that you will be able to pump more blood to your muscles which in return will get more nutrients so that they can perform longer. The main advantage if taking this amino acid is to reduce fatigue so that you can increase your reps. The does here is 4 grams but 8 grams is the ideal "sweet spot". I'm not sure why they didn't just add the 2 grams to make it a minimal clinical dosage. Although, 4 grams could be good for you if you have a sensitive stomach as Marshes suggested in the comments.

Beta-Alanine is almost included in all PWO's ... this is what give you the tingles on your skin. The reason why this ingredient is included because it will help you in endurance. The way beta-alanine does this by effectively buffering lactic acid build and also improving myofibrilar calcium sensitivity. The 3 grams dosage is under dosed compared to the recommended dosage of 3.2 grams but by just little.

Taurine - Overall it will help you with blood flow. Obviously since you are going to work out and will need all that oxygen and nutrients going to your muscles you want that optimal blood flow. The dosage provided here is at 1 gram which is the sweet spot considered by many.

Agmatine Sulfate is jack of all trades and master of none. It does multiple stuff for your body that can help you with the workout. It regulates your NO levels it, it has anti-anxiety attributes that will give you a mental edge, analgesic which means it can help you with pain. Overall a very good supplement that should be in every PWO. The dosage of 300 miligrams is on the sweet spot so kudos to Micronamin.

Advanced Strength Formula: 3,3 grams

Creatine Monohydrate - The most studied supplement that will provide you with a boost of strength. It has many other attributes, so anyone wanting to gain muscle should take their time and read more about this supplement. It is being offered here at 1,5 grams which is low but you have other flavors of creatine that is offered along this.

Creatine HCL (Hydrochloride) - Supposedly easier on your digestive system than Creatine Monohydrate and a bit "stronger". There is 750mg that comes with the Monohydrate to boot your strenght.

Creatine Ethyl Ester - Another form of Creatine that should be easier to absorb by your body. This means that you will have less of that bloated feeling and more of creatine will reach the inside of the cell. There is 750 miligrams of this in this pre.

Together you are getting 3 grams of Creatine which is not bad. For a person that is 200 pounds or less 5 grams is needed on the daily basis. If you are new to creatine I recommend you read on this supplement since it's the only clinically proven supplement that will help you in strength gain.

AlphaSize GPC (Alpha-Glyceryl Phosphoryl Choline) - Choline is overall good for your brain. Helps you stay focused and the task you are about to take on. Alpha GPC is one of the more effective, and efficient, choline sources when compared with the likes of choline bitartrate. Here is an offering of 300 miligrams and that is the minimum dosage to have an affect.

Insane Energy Formula: 400 miligrams

Octodrine (DMHA) - This stim should provide you with that feeling of euphoria and energy. You should feel in 30 minutes like the world is your oyster and you can do anything :P. Pretty much it's exactly what you would like from a pre-workout ... to give you that feeling that you can lift a lot and for a very long time. At the dose of 100 mg you should feel it and it's what most pre-workouts use.

This product offers three forms of Caffeine that total 300 miligrams and is evenly spread between three (roughly 2.5 cups of coffee since Citrate has half potency)

Caffeine Anhydrous - Caffeine without water. We all know what caffeine does.
    Caffeine Citrate - This caffeine is quicker to absorb and you will have it in your blood as soon as 30 minutes while other you have to wait from 60 - 120 minutes. The only setback is that it's less potent than the others and you need double the dose to match for example caffeine anhydrous.
    DiCaffeine Malate - offers a unique advantage in that the malic acid supposedly calms the digestive distress commonly caused by natural caffeine and caffeine anhydrous.

Precision Focus Formula: 642 mg

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) - is a nootropic like choline to help you with your mood. It's an amino acid that will help you with producing noradrenaline and dopamine that help you feel good. It should help you with memory even though you are under stress. The 350 gram is a recommended dosage.

L-Theanine - This none essential amino acid is commonly used for calming effects. It should relax you while at the gym and with the addition of caffeine it should also help with focus.

Adranifil - It might be misspelled here ... I think it should be Adrafinil ... Its a nootropic that should increases your alertness and wakefulness. There isn't much of it at 30 miligrams and the least suggested dosage is 300 mg ...

Yohimbine HCL - is usually used with products that help you loose fat. There are a lot of benefits that comes with this supplement. Like weight control, libido, cognative performance. There is 10 mg of it in this and it's a bit higher than recommended dosage.

Vinpocetine - This could be ideally used if you have headaches after workout. The reason why it would prevent those is because of it's attributes in promoting a better blood flow to the brain. This alkaloid enhances neuroprotection (against toxins and excess stimulation) and reduces neural inflammation. It's recommended to be take at minimal of 5mg three times a day with food so the 2mg is probably to low to do anything.

Intensifiers : 80 mg

Maca Root - This should enhance your desire to have sex ... but don't worry at such low dose of 25 mg you won't feel a thing.
    Niacin - Vitamin B3 that i'm not going to go over because you would need at least a gram of it to make any difference. Here we have only 25 mg.
    Beet Root - This would help you with pumps and N.O. but at such small dose it's not going to affect anything. It's only 20 mg.
    White Willow Bark - Same affect as aspirin ... relieves pain. How much pain can 10 mg relief, not sure. For back pain at least 120 mg was used in some studies.

So they sent out their Lemon-Lime flavor to me because I'm guessing they wanted to get rid of it. I'm not sure why they did it since they already new grape tasted better. I'm a little sadden that I had to be tortured by this flavor through the 30 servings. It really does not taste like Lime-Lemon but more like green tea with a heavy Swerve sweetener after taste. The product started clumping very badly after few days. The last few scoops I just picked it up with my hands and shoved it to the scoop like play-doh. I attached a pic for you to see. Obviously when it was so badly clumped up the mixing was getting harder and harder ... in the end I had to eat some of it like candy ... and it was a terrible experience. Please work on this taste or just all together cease to sell it. I only did one scoop and it was enough.

This is where the product shines. You will feel the beta-alanine tingles and it will give you a hot flash ... don't panic ... If you are accustomed to this it actually is a good indicator that you are ready to go! Energy and endurance was at my peak compared to other pre-workouts. I was able to last throughout my whole workout of 2 hours without a grimace. It truly helped me a great deal on my hardest days which are Mondays and Wednesdays were I do 2 classes plus play soccer. The pain was muffled so that I could do an extra rep or last a little longer in the class. The pump while stimulated by this product is really good. I could see my vain's come to life ... and the pain associated with the pump was at my peak. I did feel a little boost in strength but to be honest I don't look for that in a pre, although I don't mind the addition of creatine in this product. I almost forgot to mentioned the focus aspect of this pre and it was pretty good. I didn't experience anything out of ordinary pre but I did feel it well enough. I was in a good mood while on it so that is always welcomed.

You can currently buy this product from two sources ... Amazon and Micronamin own web site. Amazon sells two flavors for 25$ ... don't buy the lemon-lime get the grape. I heard from the grapevine that it's way better tasting. You can buy this from Micronamin for 30$. When you buy it from amazon it comes down to .865 cents per serving. That is a pretty good value for all the ingredients you are getting especially DMHA.

Side Effects

You will get the tingles (good) and it will make you sweat ... I personally felt a little hot flash on my face but nothing overwhelming ... I just want to add again that you will be SWEATING ... so be prepared ...

Conclusion

Performance wise, this Pre is on my top 3 list but the taste on the low 3 list. I would recommend this to my friends and I probably will but not the Lemon-Lime flavor (I can't stress enough). It really is that good. Most of everything in there is clinically dosed although I would like to see more Citrulline ... I honestly am not sure what the purpose of the Intensifiers is at such a low dosage ... Also the clumping is awful and something needs to be addressed to see if it can be prevented. Other than that this is a really solid above average pre-workout that I am glad I had the change to try out. Thank you Micronamin and god bless the Veterans for all their sacrifices which this company seems to support and donate to for that extra value.
    • Lemon lime: 2/10

July 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Heightened Endurance
    • Great Engage
    • Affordable
    • Some Better Dosages
    • Poor Taste
    • High Stimulant

Hello Troopers,

I always very excited to review a pre-workout and I was even more excited taking this product as I was just coming off a STIM break, so my stim tolerance recharged and was ready. I took this pre-workout during my cutting phase while I aimed for hypertrophy training and strength training offset every other day.

This product is broken in to subsections that detail the ingridents that contribute to a specific cause. I will high the most profound ingredients in these subsections.

Superior Endurance Formula:
    4g of Citrulline Mallate - mixed research regarding the efficacy at this dosage...would have like to see a safer 5g - 10g of CL to ensure complete effectiveness.
    3g of Beta Alanine

Advanced Strength Formula:
    Creatine Monohydrate: 1.5g= I would have liked to see double CM in this section...my research steers me towards the direction that 3-5g is the ideal effective dose range.
    Creatine HCL: 750mg = Again, here with the CHL I would have like to see double its dosage to preserve an effective dose.

Insane Energy Formula:
    DMHA: 100mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous: 100mg
    Caffeine Malate: 100mg
    DiCaffeine Malate:100mg

(Adequate dosages here in this formula, please If you are not used to high stimulant pre-workouts this may upset your stomach)***

Precision Formula + Intensifier Blend = 722mg
    A combination of ingredients used to promote focus and concentration and added Maca Root and Niancin to help reinforce natural body functioning.

Taste: I had the lemon lime flavor. Unfortunately, I did not like the flavor at all. It tasted like really watered down sour lemonade. I am not one to be selective about what I am drinking, but it definitely helps when a pre-work taste is made to be enjoyable. 4/10

Mixability: Some slight residue if not shaken thoroughly, no a big issue.

Dosing: 1 scoop = 12.8g, taken 30 minutes before workout.

This Pre-Workout introduced a lot of varying ingredients & I was not sure how my body was going to respond.

Pump: Unfortunately, the elusive pump was once again out of reach. I craved a pump so hard while on this product and while I did not have an extraordinary pump, it did prove to to allow me really engage in a mind-muscle connection and feel the squeeze + the burn during high volume sets.

Endurance: This is where I found the product to be most useful! I believe its strategic inclusion of 3 caffeine ingridents and DHMA stimulant supplementation really hit me like a TRUCK. 20 minutes into my workout I was sweating bullets, but I fell well and in control of my workout. I can definitely say that this product really allowed to to cut my rest times by 15-20 seconds and I did feel that I had an extra bit of energy in the bucket towards the last mile of my workouts.

I will not that 2 weeks into taking this product one might feel a diminishing effect. The endurance was still there, but with such a high stim inclusion one can expect that tolerance to grow quickly...and in my case it did. Workouts were still filled with stamina...but that extra bit of energy at the of my workouts started to wind down slowly.

What can you expect prior to your workout? - If you're like me and you enjoy the tingling sensation on your face, sharp sense of focus/concentration, and the desire to unleash at the gym...this pre-workout accomplishes one of the most integral components I look for in a product...it kick me in the rear and it gets me to make moves and flex some muscle.

Lowest valule for this product is $27 on Amazon. Considering this product is 30 servings and valued at $1 per serving, This Product falls under the average price of a decent Pre-Workout in the market. However, I was say even as a standalone "endurance" product this product is worth $30 in its own...considering it is a PWO...I would classify it in the higher tier of pre-workouts in its column.

Side Effects

No observed side effects. (Just avoid lemon-lime flavor)!

Conclusion

12 GAUGE brings the BANG for your BUCK and the SWEAT for your NECK. I absolutely enjoyed my run with this product. With the exception of its taste, a few desired inclusion of more CM and Creatine...I can see this PWO having a lot of potential. This product is meant to wake you up, get you to the gym, and not allow you to stop. Give it a go!
    • Lemon lime: 4/10