Up Your Mass Reviews

By: MHP

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.2

• Real Mass
  • The Real Deal
  • A Solid Weight Gainer
  • More Sources Of Protein Would Be Nice
So here I am making solid gains in the gym, eating clean, and growing; overall feeling good about myself. My wife gets me a tub of Up Your Mass and tells it looks like I’m getting smaller (no joke). She got a vanilla flavored (5lb.tub), which tasted a little too artificial for my liking but it’s by no means a deal breaker.

I have always liked mass gainers (as I’m naturally thin); this one has a great nutrient profile. I used 1-1/5 servings a day as I was really trying to push my calories. One of the reasons this stands out from the others is the carbohydrates are sourced from real food (oats, barley), also the amino acid profile (discussed further down). Sometimes on the first sip it would feel too thick and almost give me a sick feeling but that quickly went away. Just a note to those like me who have a sensitive digestive tract; that effect was not a result of MHP’s product. I used 1-1/5 servings a day as I was really trying to push my calories. I like the idea of the 3 different proteins; but would have rarely just had casein and some more/a different form of whey (no soy).

Almost every lunch break at work, I eat lunch and hang out with my boy Joey at the local supplement store. He has serious amount of knowledge on supplementation and was telling me how important leucine was. The reason I bring this up is because Up Your Mass has 9 grams of leucine per serving in it. In the words of a fellow bb’ing website leucine “maximizes the anabolic response.” U.YM. provides 26 grams of glutamine; and a 7 grams of arginine. With the more than sufficient doses of these amino acids you can see the growth potential. It’s almost like I don’t even have to spell it out for yall, because the science/evidence is already there on what these compounds can do.

This product mixed as well as you would expect a 4 scoop product to mix; pretty good. The vanilla was tolerable as I said but will be trying the chocolate next time. I usually added a chocolate ensure for taste; one of my patients always hide’s her ensures for me. When the nurse delivers them she stashes them under her pillow (she hates them and like my wife wants me to get bigger). I was also able to cut down on my BCAA’s and use this as a part of my recovery regimen. I wish companies would start taking sucralose out of protein/weight gainer supplements; this isn’t solely directly at MHP just something I had on my mind. My wife paid around $40 so that’s a completely legitimate price, for what you are getting. I did put on 4 lbs of weight while using this tub; clean weight. I’m not a hard gainer but these are solid results for my goals. If you’re bulking up, and want to get as many clean calories as possible; you have to check this out; this will help you get where you want to be. This product sold me on weight gainers efficacy.

• Mooselini
    June 10, 2015

Been through so many tubs of this, the Chocolate is so good.

• texasmade89
    June 10, 2015

How long does it take you to go through a tub just curious? Are you close to your target weight?

• Mooselini
    June 10, 2015

A tub would normally last me about 2.5 weeks maybe less its been a while. Honestly I started to put on some bad weight but I did reach where I wanted to be at

• ODAAT365
    June 11, 2015

Try the Cinnamon Roll!

• June 14, 2015

Great stuff I would stick to chocolate or cinnamon roll as advised but great choice not the highest calorie mass gainer but effective and thats what matters.