Up Your Mass Reviews

• No Fluff Mass
  • The Real Deal
  • A Solid Weight Gainer
  • Soy...eh
MHP has quickly become one of my favorite companies. Their product line brings a lot of tried-and-true, effective products, while also offering enough innovation to excite the hardcore supp junkies such as myself. Though their marketing techniques often fall into cliches, MHP's products, as well as their reviews, tend to speak for themselves. Up Your Mass has been one of SR's highest rated weight gainers for quite a while now, and for good reason.

Take a look at the ingredient listing, and you will immediately see what separates Up Your Mass from the run of the mill gainer: quality carbohydrate sources. While most gainers are loaded withh cheap, high-glycemic carbs such as maltodextrin, HMP's blend consists respectively of barley, oats, and oat fiber. As someone who tries to maintain a clean diet 24/7, I feel comfortable ingesting this product, which is more than I can say about most gainers on the market. Next we have the protein blend, which is highlighted by soy protein isolate (I know, I know). However, I am not bothered by the inclusion of soy. It is higher in amino acids arginine and glutamine (1), and has been thought to be as effective as whey (2). I would rather not see it as the main protein source here, which is the reason for my non-perfect rating, but this is a fairly minor gripe. If this product consisted of hydrolyzed whey and micellar casein, then you would see that represented in the product's price. Additionally, MHP adds branched chain aminos to their protein blend, and provides an amino acid prodile on the label. Other companies typically do not do this, which makes comparisons difficult, but I appreciate the bit of transparency offered here. An under the radar addition to the Up Your Mass formula is CLA. I plan to email MHP to find out exactly how much is in here, and will comment with any updates.

Breakdown (strawberry flavor): 500 cal/10g fat/60g carbs/ 46g protein
Macro breakdown: 18% fat/35% carbs/47% protein

I aim for 4,000 clean calories per day. Admittedly, due to work, school, and girlfriend, I do not always reach my goal. Since I have been using Up Your Mass, I have found it much easier to reach my dietary goals, and have seen the results in my physique. Many factors affet weight and strength gain, and unfortunately I have no specific numbers to report, but I have noticed consistent muscle gain while using this. I use one serving per day and will often sip on it throughout the day, which I assume has helped maintain a positive nitrogen balance between whole food meals. I have no side effects to report.

At my store, I have done some calculations and found Up Your Mass' value very comparable to products of lesser quality. Depending on where you buy, UYM might run you one dollar per every 200 calories (17 servings per tub). Factor in the convenience of a weight gainer, and I feel like MHP's Up yyour Mass offers a very solid value.

Taste and Stuff

I have tried three flavors, fudge brownie, vanilla, and strawberry. I certainly enjoyed the fudge brownie the most, but the other two were bearable The vanilla flavor has additional calcium (129 percent DV, compared to 25 percent on the others). And the strawberry did not seem to mix as well; it often leaves behind a residual sludge in my shaker cup. All flavors had a sort of chalky texture, as to be expected due to the oats. Mixability was good. I used 16 oz of water in a shaker cup and had no issues, aside from my aforementioned complaint on the strawberry.

Conclusion

It's no secret that Up Your Mass is one of the highest quality weight gainers on the market. If you're looking for an extra boost to your clean bulk, I highly recommend you pick up a tub.

• Dfost115
    August 21, 2015

References to some of the claims made in this review:
    1.http://www.hammernutrition.com/knowledge/protein-debate-which-protein-is-best.2897.html
    2.http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson71.htm

• Dfost115
    August 21, 2015

First review in quite a while...playing it safe, I guess. Hit me up for critique.

• Mattmac1017
    August 21, 2015

Try mixing with milk. I've gone through at least 10 tubs of this stuff, my go to weight gainer.