Reckless Reviews

By: MHP

Reckless is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MHP. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
  January 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Hello again SR. Onder here with a review. Those of you that read my reviews know I love pre workouts and I like to try different ones. This time I'm reviewing Reckless by Mhp.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.87 g)
Servings Per Container:30
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Sugars 0 g
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 9 mg 45%
Folate 75 mcg 19%
Intense Energy, Focus & Concentration Activators (Total Caffeine: 195 mg) 488mg
Yerba Mate (leaf) (Ilex paraguaniensis) (4:1 ext) (30% natural caffeine, 20% Theophylline) (45 mg caffeine) 150mg
Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
Legendary Muscle Pump Matrix 652.5mg
L-Citrulline 500mg
L-Norvaline 100mg
Spectra 50mg
(consisting of green coffee extract, green tea extract, broccoli sprout concentrate, onion extract, apple extract, acerola extract, camu camu concentrate, quercetin, tomato concentrate, broccoli concentrate, acai concentrate, basil concentrate, cinnamon concentrate, garlic concentrate, oregano concentrate, turmeric concentrate, carrot concentrate, elderberry concentrate, mangosteen concentrate, blackberry concentrate, blackcurrant extract, blueberry extract, chokeberry concentrate, raspberry concentrate, sweet cherry concentrate, spinach concentrate, kale concentrate, bilberry extract, brussel sprout concentrate)
BioPerine (Black pepper (Piper nigrum) fruit extract) 2.5mg
So I put the ingredient profile up from Bodybuilding.com. It has some interesting ingredients in it and in my opinion a decent profile. Definitely not a heavy dosed pre workout. More of a concentrate. I'm gonna go over some of the ingredients and what I know about them.
So this has 195 mgs. caffeine per scoop and you can use up to 2 scoops. Honestly most people would use this at 1.5 or 2 scoops in my opinion. This is considered high stim but really doesn't hit that hard to me. I don't mean that in a bad way because you definitely feel it. Its just a smooth rush with a nice clean focus. Thats where I think the other ingredients come into play. The combination of theanine, teacrine, and caffeine made for a smooth ride.
This also has theophylline in it which is an alkaloid related to caffeine but supposed to help with breathing also. I'm not sure if I noticed that or not but I do think it helped with the overall stim effect. This also has creatine and Elevatp. The creatine amounts to 2.5 grams at 2 scoops and comes from a blend. Not a great amount but I'm sure it was supposed to work in synergy with the Elevatp. Elevatp is a blend of fossilized fruits that are supposed to help with atp production. One ingredient that is interesting to me is Nuerofactor which is a patented coffee fruit extract that is supposed to help with focus. It is kinda like growth hormone for your brain according to what I have read. I can say that Nuerofactor and Elevatp are in GNC Lit which is one of my favorite pre workouts. There are a few other ingredients in here but I'm not gonna touch on all of them. Overall to me I think the profile is decent. Maybe a bit underdosed in the pump department but I think they were going for a more synergistic effect. Plus I'm sure focus and energy were the main objectives of this pre workout.

So the taste was blue slushy and it was not that good. Not awful and I could drink it but it did have a bitter taste to it. I've had a lot worse though. It mixed just fine and I used two scoops.

Now the part that really matters. Did it Work? Yes it did. The energy was smooth and it lasted about an hour and a half. I didnt crash at all and the come down was smooth.
I had the energy to lift heavy or go for higher reps and the focus was smooth. It wasn't tunnel vision but I was definitely focused. This really shined on heavy workouts as my strength was always good with this. That was definitely one of its strong points. Pump was surprisingly decent. Not great but above average. I think the Elevatp and creatine combo were the main players in that. I was strong, energetic, focused and driven. I had the energy and strength to go for the extra reps and get them. Overall I was definitely pleased with this pre workout. Not my favorite of all time but definitely a keeper for me. I rotate my pre workouts and this one was always one I knew was gonna perform.

This is listed at $29.99 on Bodybuilding.com. and thats where I got it from. I'm not sure if it was more expensive then or not. I honestly don't remember. At about 1$ a serving this is not bad as far as pre workouts go. If you use 2 scoops the value drops some obviously. Some people will say that this is underdosed but really this is a concentrated pre and thats how concentrates are. Bottom line is does it work and for me this works well and I would purchase it again.

Side Effects

None. No crash or upset stomach.

Conclusion

Overall in my opinion an effective and underrated concentrated mainstream pre workout in a crowded market. If your training consists mainly of lower to medium rep heavier workouts than I think you might like this one.