E.S.P. Reviews

By: Metabolic Nutrition

E.S.P. is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Metabolic Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

9.3
  January 23, 2018

• Great For Focus
  • Increased Intensity
  • Hard To Fall Asleep
  • Upset Stomach

I have been training for a few years now and I have tried various supplements. While using ESP I was running a Push, Pull, Legs program. This pre-workout gave me a kick in the butt needed to get the job done.

I am definitely not a huge fan of props blend, and unfortunately Metabolic Nutrition used a prop blend here. They use what they call the E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix.
This prop blend consists of the following:

With this being a huge stimulant pre-workout, we don't see much in terms of a pump ingredient or BCAAs. However, we do see Beta Alanine Citrate, so that is a plus. But, we don't see know how much is exactly in there.

This product tasted as labeled. The watermelon tasted like watermelon, but I am not a big fan of watermelon flavored drinks, so I was not a huge fan. But, because it tasted like it said it should, then I'll give watermelon an 8. Blue raspberry tasted great to me, and it was easily my favorite flavor. I'll give blue razz a 9. This product mixed very well, and I did not notice any foaming or unsettling. This made it alot easier to drink, and overall made the drinking experience a lot better. I did notice that the Blue Raspberry smell would linger in the shaker after drinking it in there, but washing it out a 2nd time would eliminate most of the odor. Not a huge deal, just a sidenote.

This product is LOADED with caffeine and there is no missing that. I would take this usually around 15-20 minutes before getting to the gym, and if I was not in the gym by this time, then I would start to feel it. I would sweat and my heart rate would increase slightly. But, that is all to be expected with so many stims. After all, ESP has 500mg of caffeine in one big scoop!! ESP uses a double-sided scooper with one end being much larger than the other. The big scooper is equivalent to 3 small scoops. I felt that taking the big scoop was overkill and it sometimes hindered my workout. With 500mg, I felt like I could taste colors. (Ok, not literally). I did have off the walls energy, but this also came with an upset stomach. Not fun. I was still able to push through my workout, but it wasn't the best. This all seemed to go away with 2 small scoops. The energy was alot cleaner, and overall, a better experience. I did notice, however, that I did have an issue regarding lack of sleep. I would take this product during the day usually and sometimes would not fall asleep til very late. This could just be me, but I just advise not taking this pre-workout too late. So, if you do take ESP, start with 1 small scoop to assess your tolerance.

This product is labeled as being either 90 servings, 60 servings, or 30 servings. That is due to the size of the scoop you use. Using the big scoop is equivalent to 3 small scoops you that is when you will get 30 servings out of this. I did notice that 500 mg of caffeine in a big scoop is overkill, and when I did use the big scoop, it often made my workout worse. I found the sweet spot with 2 small scoops. This product seemed to last forever due to the fact that I used it for 60 servings. I was able to pick this up for about $30.
90 servings ($0.33 per serving)
60 servings ($0.50 per serving)
30 servings ($1.00 per serving)
Overall, I did find this to be a tremendous value especially when using either 60 or 90 servings

Side Effects

I definitely did notice that it was hard to fall asleep at times, even when I took this during the day and slept many hours later. Just be ware when taking this close to bedtime.

Conclusion

This is pre-workout is the pre-workout for a stim junkie. There is not much in here in regards to pump or focus, so take that for what it is. Grading this as a stim bomb, I will say that it does get the job done.
  • Watermelon: 8/10
  • Blue raspberry: 9/10

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.8
  August 27, 2015

• Increased Intensity
  • Great For Focus

I first heard of SR when I was researching different supplements to take. I am more into powerlifting and I am really stimulant tolerant. I saw this with 500 mgs of caffeine and I was sold. I was working graveyard shift at the local steel mill while taking this so it worked out perfectly. I would take a big scoop work out, and then work the rest of the night with no crash until I went to bed the next morning. I really need a preworkout that helps with my focus to make sure my form is on point when I am lifting heavy and this was it.

The ingredient profile is something that concerned me at first but wasn't a huge deal for me. Seeing that it was a prop blend and the fact that there was more writing in small letters doesn't look good for any company. They have the usual b vitamins and other vitamin concoctions that are seen in most stims. Also with 500 mgs of caffeine you can't go wrong. I did notice that the dimethyl purine compound looks very similar if not as close to the same thing as a compound listed in the USAPL's banned substance book under stimulants. In other words don't take this package to your local drug free raw powerlifting meet if you plan on using it. Drink it on the way.

Taste is amazing whether it is the blue raspberry or the green apple. It does clump up a little bit but nothing that can't be handled with a little arm wrestling strength.

Warning this is potent! Very Potent! I see a lot of ppl that compare using a full scoop to being tweaked out. Considering my past (yes far far far back in the past and not looking back) this is a pretty accurate description. So while I was dropping a big scoop in my water bottle my wife and I were playing around and I spilled an undisclosed amount. Looking back on it I should have just counted a loss and thrown it out. Instead I added two smaller scoops believing not much was in there. So while I was working out I felt like I was flying through space. When I went to work that night it came to a screeching halt. I honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack and I ended up puking 5 times. I was so dizzy I thought I was literally on a roller coaster ride. Needless to say after that I still used a big scoop just not filled to the top. The focus this product gave me was insane to say the least. I felt like an absolute beast on it and also pr'd on each lift while I was on it. Again not sure how or if it correlates just saying this is what happened. Where metabolic nutrition lacks with their protein powder they make it up with their pre and creatine.

Amazon has it for around 28-$30. A dollar a serving for me, less than a dollar ( $.30-.50) per serving if you can't handle stimulants all that well. I can't think of a better deal honestly other than some creatines I have bought for cheap.

Side Effects

This is where this product shines, barely any sides! Cotton mouth and dehydration is literally the only sides I have experienced.

Conclusion

I would recommend this product and continue to keep buying it.

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
    9.1
    9.5
      August 10, 2015

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs, 10% bf. I normally like my preworkouts to have 200-300mg of caffeine depending on the other stim goodies. I've been taking E.S.P. off and on now for a couple months. I haven't quite finished a tub yet but wanted to get my review out there before it is potentially taken off of the market since it contains AMP Citrate. It's basically one giant stim bomb that will have you breathing fire. I'm overly sensitive to Yohimbine and never had any negative side effects with this product.

Serving Size 1 Scoop 3.3 grams
    Vitamin B3 5 mg 25.000%
    E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix - -
    Proprietary Blends

E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix

Lots stimulants and things that are going to make you feel good - caffenine, Methyl Pentane Citrate HCl (AMP Citrate), Tyrosine, Picamilon, Choline Bitartrate. It has Beta Alanine which is always nice. Let just hope it's greater than 1 g since it's a part of a proprietary blend. Normally, I hate proprietary blends but I'll make an exception for this one since there is not too much too it and they tell you how much caffeine there is. 500 mg for a large scoop which comes out to be 165 mg for a small scoop (it comes with a small and large scooper attached together). There is also lots of red dye in the Fruit Punch flavor which I could do without.

Fruit Punch was very good, nothing out of the ordinary. Mixability was great. Knowing my caffeine preferences, I dosed it at 1 3/4 small scoops for a lift and one rounded scoop for cardio. Or for longer cardio days, I would do 1 small scoop 45 minutes prior and half a caffeine pill right before starting. With not many ingredients, it is very flexible with how you dose it.

I found E.S.P. to be extremely effective. It would get me highly stimulated for a workout. I would normally get lots of euphoria. This is the type of PWO where you will feel like running through a brick wall. Even though there aren't really any ingredients for strength, I always had a fantastic workout just because it ramps up the intensity so much for you. I always found myself busting out 1-2 more reps. The AMP Citrate seems to keep me stimulated for several hours after my workout. There was never a crash. For some workouts, I would add 2 g Taurine and 6 g Citrulline Malate, which IMO makes for a great PWO that will have you going for a long time. I haven't had an issue with building up a tolerance to this.

For me this is a great value even if you choose to add some bulk ingredients like I have. It has lasted me a long time. You can get a 90 serving tub from Best Price Nutrition for 31.79. I'm a value shopper, so E.S.P. ranks high here for me.

Side Effects

Turning into the Incredible Hulk.

Conclusion

For someone that is looking for a great value on a highly stimulating PWO, give E.S.P. a try. The intensity it brings is second to known. You can dose it according to you stim tolerance and then add in some bulk ingredients or even a pump PWO. Bottom line, I enjoyed this AMP Citrate containing PWO. Don't hesitate to get some. I would buy this again. Like I said, take it for what it's worth and you won't be disappointed.

February 4, 2015

• Hard To Fall Asleep
    • Sometimes Lightheaded
    Hey guys, I wanted to throw this product out there for all the stimjunkies like me looking for their next fix. I have been cycling different pwo for so long now, that I am always looking for something stronger. Although, its probably a good idea to cycle off supplements for a while, I decided since normal GNC like pwo were not doing anything for me anymore, I wanted something a bit more out of the box you might say. Someone recommended this product for me and I decided to give it a shot.

Ingredients:

Vitamin B6 1 mg
    Vitamin B3 5 mg

Proprietary Blends
    E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix

Beta Alanine Citrate, 1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione, Methyl Pentane Citrate HCl, 3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Picamilon, Choline Bitartrate, Calcium Gycerol Gluconate, Magnesium Glycerol Gluconate, Potassium Glycerol Gluconate, Sodium Glycerol Gluconate.

Beta Alanine Citract - Beta-alanine is a non-essential amino acid. In the body it is combined with another amino acid, histidine, to form a compound called carnosine, which buffers acids produced by the muscles during exercise.

1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione (Caffeine Citrate) - Caffeine citrate functions in much the same capacity as does caffeine, but takes effect more quickly; its speed of dissociation is faster than that of caffeine.

Methyl Pentane Citrate HCl - Very similar to the original banned DMAA.

3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione - Theobromine is used as a vasodilator (a blood vessel widener), a diuretic, and heart stimulant.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine - This amino acid is critical for a number of different bodily functions such as cognitive processes, building muscles, and cell growth and recovery. Taking N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine can support peak performance from both your brain and body by alleviating stress, stimulating your mind and improving neural communication -

Picamilon - Picamilon is a dietary supplement made from a combination of niacin (also known as vitamin B3) and gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Niacin is known to promote widening of the blood vessels, while gamma-aminobutyric acid plays a key role in regulating nervous system activity. An amino acid found naturally in your body, GABA acts as a neurotransmitter (a type of chemical responsible for carrying information from one cell to another).

Choline Bitartrate - It helps with muscle contraction and movement, even playing a role in coordination.

===============================================
    Taste: I picked up the Watermelon flavor, and it was pretty damned sweet. The more water you added the less sweet it was but the more tarty it felt. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable flavor. No complaints here.

===============================================

Dosage: This dosing is pretty easy. The scooper has two sides. One side it has a small scoop, the second side is a giant scoop. The label suggests that you start at 1 small scoop to cage sensitivity to the product. If one scoop works great for you, you can stay there, it will last up to 90 servings, however, once you start to get tolerance to the product, you might want to increase to two small scoops and finally to one big scoop. One big scoop would last for 30 servings.

===============================================

Effectiveness: 8/10 - I gave this product a solid 8. I honestly would have given it a 10 if it was not for the fact that I had to increase the dosages as the weeks went on. Week one I was using the small scoop. The energy was unprecedented. I felt like I was using the original Jack3d. You could feel the energy surge through your body. It was almost like being on crack. You felt twitchy but once you learned to hone the energy, man were the workouts fantastic.

After 2 weeks I was not feeling the 1 scoop anymore much, so I went onto 2 small scoops. The surge of energy was back. It lasts all the way through my sometimes 3 hour workout.

After 3 weeks I was building up the tolerance for it, so I decided to jump into the labels 1 big Extreme scoop. Again like in the weeks before, the energy was amazing. I felt like I could stay in the gym all day, just lifting weights. It was unlike any other pwo I have tried in the recent years.

I did not stack this with any pump products just because I was afraid my heart might explode from all the taxation, so I just stayed with this pwo on its on.

===============================================

Value - This product can be found online for about $30. If you stay with one scoop throughout the whole tub you get 90 servings, which is about .30 cents a serving, dirt cheap. But if you are like me, and build up a tolerance very quickly, you it will most likely come out to about $1 a serving, which is not bad, seeing how great the energy surge is on this product.

===============================================

Side Effects: The biggest side effect I noticed on this product was the inability to fall asleep and have a good nights rest when taken in the evening. That was the only side effect Ive noticed while being on this product. The other minor side effect was when I was in the gym pushing heavy weights, I did a few times get lightheaded.

===============================================

Overall: 8/10 - Overall its a solid 8/10. If you are not afraid of a heavy stim pwo then this might be worth a try, if you feel any other PWO on the market are really not doing anything for you.

As for me, I am taking about 4 weeks to cycle off all PWO so as to give my adrenal gland a little rest.