Protein Plus Food Bars Reviews

By: Met-Rx

Protein Plus Food Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by Met-Rx. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

May 24, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
hey everyone this is my 2nd metrx review. I got this at walmart with a coupon no less HA! but this is was a litte weird for me. this gave some gas, tasted funny, and the ingrediants list made me wonder a bit.

price=8 i got a box of this for 12 bucks with a half off coupon. which was supposed to be only for one bar but it worked on the box. but 24 bucks is pretty standard.

taste=7 i got the mud pie infusion. which at first tasted pretty good. but that was only because of the top layer which is like a frosted filling. but once u got to the bar it was an odd chewy taste.

effectiveness=7 i used this the same way i use all bars as a meal replacement. but because of the chocolate and the frosted layer this will melt exremely quick. but it got the job done none the less.

profile=6 ok here is my problem with this, it has 32g of protein which is great. but the fat and cals are really high here. the sodium and sugar are up there as well. the protein sources they used was decent but there is so many bad ingrediants to make up that frosted layer. its just not worth it to me for something to help taste and it doesnt taste that great.

i dont know if ill buy this again. maybe if i can get away with another half off coupon. its is an ok meal replacement but there is so much unneeded junk in here that just turns me off. i would say try it out first but again only if its on sale.

September 15, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Tasted Good
  • Good Recovery.
    I got a couple of these marked down at GNC the other day and thought I would give them a try. The flavor I got was chocolate chocolate chunk. I thought these were going to tasted really chocolatey kind of more like a dark chocolate because of the name of the flavor but I was wrong. See I don't like dark chocolate at all because it leaves a kind of a bad taste in my mouth. I was suprised I thought they tasted really good and did not leave any kind of after taste in my mouth. It felt like it gave me some good energy. I also liked the high amount of protein they put in there. You get 32 grams of protein which I think is good amount I like to take in at once. I try to stay between 30 -35 grams at the most when I take my protein. It felt like it gave me good recovery after my really heavy day of working out. I would for sure recommend these. I just wish I would have gotten some more of these when I was at GNC.