(Better than 46% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Patriots Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Merica Labz. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
FORUM TOPICS

Protein > Whey Protein

Overall
Overall
  February 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Taste

I figured I should finally drop a review of this product as its one I have been meaning to put out for a little while now. For those of you who don't know, Merica Labz is owned and operated by Doug Miller, who also owns Core Nutritionals. I train hypertrophy style workouts and sometimes find it hard to meet my protein and fat goals for the day, so I am always looking for a protein that can serve as a quick snack with some MCT oil after I get home from work. Cue Patriots Whey

The macro's and profile go as follows:

1 scoop = 37.2g

Calories - 143
Total Fat - 3g (1.6 Saturated, 0g Trans)
Total Carb - 5g (of which 2.5g Sugar)
Protein - 25g

Ingredients: Cold Processed Micro-filtered Whey Protein Concentrate
Other ingredients depend on flavour but include: Natural & Artificial flavors, xantham gum, sucralose.

The overall list of ingredients is very short (6 for double stuffed) which I really like to see, they didn't load this with any fillers or junk.

The flavor I had was the "Double Stuffed" this is a cookies and creme flavour, and oh boy was it ever good. When you open the tub and look inside you can literally see pieces of actual cookie inside and it smells great. The taste was even better then the smell, it honestly tasted like cookies and creme, luckily it wasn't over sweetened as well, it was just right. The texture was surprisingly thin for a whey concentrate. Mixability was perfect, whether with water or almond/ coconut milk I had no issues, obviously with it being a protein I would recommend you mix it in a shaker and not stir it. Dosing for me was one scoop with some MCT oil.

In terms of this being an effective protein powder, you can tell from the macros that this is a well put together protein. Obviously with it not being an isolate protein it may not be ideal for post workout consumption. But for myself who used it as a way to meet my daily protein requirements and to help kill my never dying sweet tooth this product was perfect! I also personally don't mind that it is a little higher in fat then a standard protein as I consume a high fat diet. This is as effective as any protein really, if you are needing to meet nutritional goals and use a protein to help you reach those then it will be effective. I personally think of protein powder as a food, not as a stand alone supplement.

This retails for $60 typically and the servings per tub do vary. The Double Stuffed tub has 61 servings in the tub basically giving this a value of $1 per serving, However I was luck enough to get 20% off at Suppz.com, so my value was actually much better. This is only available in 5lb tubs as well. In summation keep your eyes open for a deal or a discount for this product as it makes the investment much more worth it.

Side Effects

None, no issues with digestion.

Conclusion

in conclusion this was a perfect meal replacement/ snack for me. Any protein that tastes as good as this and doesn't break my diet is going to receive high marks from me. Being that this is a whey concentrate, I would normally recommend you go a for a whey isolate if looking for a post workout protein, but for any other time of the day or just trying to reach your daily protein goal, then give Patriots Whey a shot, you wont be mad about it.
  • Double Stuffed: 9/10