(Better than 86% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

MAXED OUT Pre-Workout is a Pump Product manufactured by MaxQ Nutrition. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

June 7, 2017

• Extensive Ingridents
  • Good Pump
  • Good Recovery
  • Designer Creatine
  • Added BCAAs

Hey SR, here today for a review of MaxQ Nutrition's pre workout called Maxed Out. I always have a pre workout on hand unless I cycle off of stims (twice a year), and even use them on off days as a pick me up (I know that kills my stim tolerance but do appreciate the saturation of creatine, beta alanine, etc.) I usually workout after work so a pre workout is key, however I have a lot more off days right now since I'm in education and usually hit the gym first thing in the morning. I am not a morning person so the boost here is appreciated as well. I do like well rounded pre workouts and tend to stay away from the little scooper high stem concentrated workouts, which I am gladly are becoming less and less. Here's what I thought of Maxed Out!

* Writing this review while stuck waiting in the CCU for my mom's heart surgery, any readers reading today send positive vibes!

This is one of the reasons I wanted to try this pre workout. MaxQ definitely tried to live up to the name by having a TON of ingredients, all very well dosed, aimed at addressing all of the factors you need to improve a workout. In a VERY large 30g scoop you have ingredients that address energy, endurance, pump, focus, strength and even recovery. I attached the supplement facts so you can view for yourself, however here are some of the highlights.

Energy: 325 mg of a caffeine blend consisting of anhydrous, citrate, di-caffeine malate. Love this as I really like the extended release of the caffeine as I think it helps avoid the crash of other high tim pre workouts.

Endurance: 2.5 g of Carnosyn Beta Alanine and 1.5 g of Betaine. Out of everything, these might be the only ones suffering from "low" doses as "clinical" doses are are 3.2 and 2.5 respectively, however I think these are acceptable.

Pump: Large dose of Citrulline at 6 g and 5 g of old school Arginine (3 g AAKG and 2 g of L-Arg) and 1 g of Agmatine.

Focus: Big dose of Tyrosine at 2g and Huperzine at 100mcg

Strength: 3 g of Magnapower creatine, one of the more trusted designer creatines, acceptable dose for me as 3 g of mono works great for me and this should be a little better

Recovery: 6 g of bcaas in the 2:1:1 ratio

As you can see, very impressive. I think it's noteworthy the additions of creatine and BCAAs. Taking one scoop of these, which are increasingly NOT in pre workouts, can be helpful (all in one) or harmful ($) to the average user. Overall though, this has great doses of just about everything you need.

Dosing is standard, one scoop pre workout. I was pretty worried about mixability because of all the ingredients, bcaas, etc. but it mixed well for me and little foaming. I had the fruit punch flavor, which for me in the past can get very old very fast but this was very well done and pleasant to take. Nothing to complain about here.

This worked great everytime for me. I'll break it down.

Energy: Definitely not the pre workout to knock your socks off, but delivered clean and consistent energy in the gym that lasted throughout my hour and a half or so workouts. Solid.

Endurance: Light beta alanine tingles, but provided great endurance to do a 5 x 5 routine and want to keep going. Combined with the energy aspects to provide great workouts.

Pump: Not a huge responder to citrulline, but this provided really great pumps. Maybe the synergistic effect of the citrulline, arginine, and agmatine really helped the blood flow to help me achieve the pump and muscle fullness. Had the veins popping which helped the muscle response and vanity.

Focus: Probably the weakest part of this product, I would say it's decent but definitely lacking the "in the zone" or "tunnel" like focus I have received from other pre workouts with better nootropics.

Strength and Recovery: I like designer creatines, and Magnapower has always been the best for muscle fullness and strength for me. I did go up in strength on some lifts, but the compound lifts are tough right now as I am continuing to cut and lose body weight. This helped me maintain very well though. As far as recovery, 6 g of backs is awesome however I did use an intra as well, and I'm keeping a very high protein diet to preserve muscle so I can't contribute all of my recovery to this however my recovery was great throughout this run.

Overall, this pre workout worked really well for me overtime and I definitely feel it improved my workouts.

Here's the bad news. But you couldn't expect this to be cheap with 30 g of well dosed ingredients right? Anywhere between $46-$53 depending on discount codes. This only has 20 servings as well, so that's well over $2 a serving. The only way to justify this is you're getting a great pre workout, designer creatine, and bcaa supplement all in one. When looked at it this way, it helps the value quite a bit but creatine and even regular bcaas are pretty cheap nowadays so it will be hard for a lot of people to justify this price. Someone like myself, that takes a pre almost everyday it definitely hurts to pay $50 for 3 weeks. So it's definitely premium, expensive, but you should probably look at it as a 3 in 1 product.

Side Effects

No crash and no stomach issues.

Conclusion

I really liked this product a lot. It's very expensive, but possible distribution increases, sales, etc. may be able to help that out. If you have the money, I can definitely recommend based on effectiveness

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

June 5, 2017

• Transparent Label
  • Extensive Ingridents
  • Could Use More Pump
  • Slightly Higher Priced

Hello everyone! Some insight into how this product was taking and my current physique for reference. I am about 195...I have been strength training for the last 4 weeks and was taking this PWO 3-4x a week.

The highlights in this formula are:

6G BCAA: 2:1 Ratio of Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine: BCAA's are great for preserving muscles, promoting protein synthesis, and extending one's energy.
6G Citrulline Malate: A proven ingredient in increasing muscular endurance.(I dont ever stray away from 6g+ CM pre-workouts, I love this in my aresenal)
5G Arginine: Converts to Nitrogen Oxide in the blood which helps increase blood flow to the organs and muscles.
10G Black Pepper Fruit Extract: Here MAXQ utilizes the maximum clinical dosage of this ingredient which is recognized for its ability to help absorption to help amplify the effects of all other ingredients.

Taste: I had the fruit punch flavor. The flavor was decent, I typically do not have high expectations when it comes to PWO flavors in general, but for those who do weight it heavier, may find this PWO to have more of a sweet and less fruity taste. 7.5/10

Mixability: No issues mixing, standard shaker cup, no residue.

Dosing: 1 scoop approximately 29grams(which is almost double of what you're used to)

What was nice about this pre-workout is that in some instances it did provide me with a big boost and burst of energy prior to my workout. However, this effect was mainly a hit or miss. Nonetheless, whether my body was rushed with energy or not, this workout can be best described as a clean, sustaining energy.

During: This PWO can shift you from having laser focus to joyfully lifting weights. One thing that is guaranteed is sweat and energy! I was easily managing 1.5hr workouts without issue. Once your body gets into rhythm and is well warmed up, the blood will flow extensively, and the energy will carry you through everything you need to do.

Post Workout: No crash whatsoever, this PWO does have 350mg of caffeine so some caution when consuming to close before bed.

Pump: I understand this PWO is also marketed as a pump inducing product, however I did not notice much of a difference in this regard. When I am working out I feel strongest pumps on chest and arm day, so that is how i assess the efficacy of the pump inducing ingredients. Unfortunately, I did not experience anything overwhelming or noteworthy. Nevertheless, a pump is still definitely apparent and appreciated, but this product's stellar energy and sustaining effects eclipse how shy this product falls in the pump department.

This product can be purchased for around $45, not widely available, and at times can be purchased with a discount code by the manufactures.

Side Effects

No observed side effects

Conclusion

Maxed Out goes above and beyond and includes a plethora of effectively dosed ingredients in its formula. It most noteworthy effects is its great sense of energy that help prolong your workouts and a "burst" of energy/alertness that at times greet you prior to your workout. Given the substantial amount of ingredients, this product is boardline at its expected range in terms of affordability/worthiness. If you've been stuck with non-transparent, under-dosed, and havent tried a PWO that brings it ALL, Maxed Out should be next on your hit list.
  • Fruit Punch: 7/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

May 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Good Recovery
  • No Crash
  • No Widely Available

What's going on SR family! Before I get started, I would like to thank MaxQ Nutrition and the Troopers for allowing me to run Maxed Out. In the world "The Movie Phone Guy's Voice" of so many pre-workouts out on the market, it makes it hard to find one that fits what one is looking for. As I have gotten older, like wine, I have started looking for a per-workout, which not only hits you with a boom for energy, but that provides additional support ingredients. When Maxed Out came up for the Troopers, I was impressed with the product label and decided to give it a run!

Thank you MaxQ Nutrition for being Transparent, the label is fully disclosed on all that comes inside of Maxed Out. I liked the fact that there is added BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratios, note, from the list of ingredients, this is the only section which is not broken down to the amounts of Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine; there is 6 grams. In addition to the inclusion of the BCAA you have 250 of Caffeine, along with 25 mg of Di-Caffeine Malate, and 20 mg of Caffeine Citrate. Yes it looks like enough caffeine to explode a hamster, but it does not hit you all at the same time.

There are other goodies included in Maxed Out:

Creatine Magna Power at a clinical dose of 3 grams
As for pump, this has Citrulline at 6 grams, Agmatine Sulfate at 1 gram and Betaine at 1.5 Grams; not bad pump support.

Other product being used while on Maxed Out

Nutrabio's Super Carb
Nubreed Nutrition MyoBlast protein blend
Life Extension Omega and Krill complex
Life Extension CoQ10
All-Max Nutrition Casein Protein

Taste - as far as the taste, not bad, and not overly sweet. As for those who have read my reviews in the past, I do not care what something taste like, as long as it works, which is the reason I keep this section somewhat short.

Mix - Maxed Out mixed well, not settlement at the bottom of the cup, just a little foaming

Dose - I took one scoop 20 minutes before hitting the gym, it comes with a good size scoop so for those who don't want to feel any grainy stuff going down, make sure to add enough water.

I have to say Maxed Out worked very nicely for me, despite all the different types of caffeine, Maxed Out did not hit you super hard. I enjoyed the fact that my energy increased in stages. I have taken many pre-workouts in the past, some suggest to take your servings 20 to 30 mins before working; however, some would kick in in 10 mins, which is nice but not good when you are stuck in traffic and others take too long or do not even kick in at all. Maxed Out kicked in exactly at 20 minutes for me, energy starts good, the Beta-Alanine starts to kick in; not that feeling of a million ants on your face, but you can feel it.

While doing my routines, I felt like a Rocket Booster as it heads into space, energy levels were released in stages for me. I was able to workout for a long period of time with constant clean, non-cracked out energy. In addition, the pumps where very nice, especially when doing shoulders and arms. Furthermore, despite having 6 grams of Citrulline, not once did I feel the urge to hit the restroom, which normally happens to me when taking Citrulline at over 4 grams. During my workouts, I was not using anything other than a crab drink for my intera workout, my recovery between sets was nice, that included up tempo routines and compound movements. I can attribute the recovery to the inclusion of the BCAA in Maxed Out.

Maxed Out is not cheap, considering you only get 20 servings, and it retails for around $45.00. However, taking into consideration all that you get with Maxed Out and if you do not workout out 20 days straight, you can justify the price. In my opinion, the old saying "You Get What You Pay For" is I order here. Once in a while, you may be able to find a coupon code to save 20% off at MaxQNutrition.com

Side Effects

None for me, not even crashing

Conclusion

Maxed Out was one of the most complete pre-workouts I have used. Yes, there are other in the market that have that "Kitchen Sink Approach", where most of the time, does not work. Maxed Out's formulation, to me, works great together. As I always say, not everyone will have the same effect as I did; however, I will say, give Maxed Out a try, you get a 3-1 product Energy, BCAA, and Pump. I would like to thank MaxQ Nutrition again for the opportunity.