Omega-3 Gold Reviews

By: MAXLER

Omega-3 Gold is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by MAXLER. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

January 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Healthier Skin And Hair
  • No Fish Burps
  • Very Good Value
  • Low EPADHA Count
Introduction:

Thank you to the folks at Maxler and the SR Troops program for the opportunity to try Maxler's Omega 3 Gold product. Fish oils are a staple for me on a daily basis. For the most part I can notice several physical effects when using fish oil, as opposed to not using a fish oil. I have tried several of Maxler's products before.

Apologies for the late review.

Ingredient Profile:

1 capsule provides 1 gram of Fish oil, 180mg EPA and 120mg of DHA-which are two of the most important Omega 3 Fatty Acids

Not a huge dose of each, its quite low.

Fish oil is approved by the FDA to lower Triglyceride levels, there's some other potential benefits as well. Some other potential benefits include, lowering cholesterol, preventing heart disease, stroke, just to name a few

Taste:

N/A as these are in capsule form, thus no taste

Mixability:

N/A as these are in capsules form, there is nothing to mix

Dosing:

I followed the instructions through completion for the bottle. 1 capsule 3 times per day with a meal. The bottle will last you 40 days with this dosage.

Effectiveness 7.5/10:

I did not get any blood testing at the beginning of the bottle and end of the bottle, so I cannot comment on any positive effect on Triglyceride levels. However, there's a few noticeable physical effects I noticed after a week, which lasted through the end of the bottle.

Hair- My hair is normally on the dry side. After about 2 weeks of use, I noticed my hair more shiny and manageable without any hair product. This was noticeable by others as well

Skin- Specifically my face was a bit more oily than normal. Again, this was noticeable by myself, as well as others commenting on my face.

I did not notice any joint benefit from this particular product. I do lift heavier with low reps and do have joint pain as a result. Unfortunately, I did not have any positive physical benefit in this area.

Value 8/10:

You get what you pay for, as of this review, you can get a 120 count bottle for $9.49 via Amazon. That's just under 24 cents per day for 3 capsules. Please note, this a lower dose of DHA and EPA, compared to other products. It's very good value for the dosage, but again, you are getting what you pay for, not necessarily a bad thing.

Side Effects:

No side effects noticed-no fish burps for me

Conclusion 7.5/10:

If your looking for a low cost fish oil, with a lower concentration of DHA/EPA mgs, this is for you. Honestly, if you don't take a fish oil currently, my mindset is its better to be taking some than none at all.

November 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • One Of The Cheapest In The Category
  • Fish Burps
  • Low EPADHA Count
Thanks to Maxler for allowing me to run a full bottle of their fish oil supplement, Omega-3 Gold. I have become quite familiar with Maxler and their line of products over the past few months thanks to the TROOP program, and whether good or bad, I'm grateful to have had such as opportunity. I've previously reviewed their Gold Whey and Glucosamine Chondroitin/MSM product, and this is the last of their products I've claimed.

Ingredient Profile: (6.5/10)

Omega-3 Gold provides 1g of total fish oil per soft gel capsule with 180mg being EPA and 120mg being DHA. These are the fatty acids that provide most of the benefits of fish oil. Compared to a lot of other brands, this is a rather low concentration of EPA and DHA. For the sake of this review, I will compare Omega-3 Gold to my favorite fish oil product, Orange Oximega from Controlled Labs. In comparison, Orange Oximega has 1g of total fish oil with 400mg of EPA and 200mg of DHA per soft gel capsule, doubling what Omega-3 Gold has to offer in each category. When put head to head with one of the (in my opinion) leading products in the category, Omega-3 Gold fails to really stand up to it. This doesn't mean I think it's bad; just simply lacking.

Effectiveness: (6.5/10)

Well, what can I really say? It's fish oil. I think this may be just as difficult a product at times to gauge in terms of effectiveness as protein powder. As I'm sure we've all heard, its benefits include a wide range, including joint/brain/skin/immune health. I trust in fish oil to provide me with the benefits which they've been attributed with. However, there's one thing I absolutely despise in fish oil products, and that's fishy after-burps. I took anywhere from 2-4 soft gels daily, and I had after after-burps more than once. Again, compared to Orange Oximega and several other products I've used before, I hadn't had this problem. A small gripe, but one I know others don't enjoy as much as I.

Value: (8/10)

The saving grace for Maxler is, once again, their incredibly low price point. A 120ct bottle of the soft gels goes for less than $10 on Amazon. It works out to 8.2 cents per soft gel. The only product that comes to mind that would be cheaper is Optimum's fish oil, which goes on Amazon in a 200ct for less than $15 bucks and works out to 7.3 cents per soft gel. As for Orange Oximega, I found the 120ct bottle on Lockout for $15, which would be 12.5 cents per soft gel. You're really splitting hairs at this point, but every detail counts when reviewing a product that's part of a massive market.

Overall: (7.2/10)

All things said and done, I'd recommend this purely because it's a cheap option. There are other fish oil products I've liked much better and would prefer to use over this, but if I were really in a pinch and needed to save every penny, I wouldn't really mind using this again. Thanks again to Maxler for the opportunity.

October 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Healthier Skin And Hair
  • Lubed Joints
  • Increase In Digestion
  • No Fish Burps

We all know that supplementing with Omega-3 is essential for overall good health. On the inside of our bodies it does things like help our heart, joints and gut, some other things it helps that we see more often than not is on the way our hair, nails and skin look.

I had finished my Kirkland brand Omega3 when this came up on the Trooper dashboard and was very happy and thankful to Maxler for letting me try their Omega-3 Gold.

1 serving (1 capsule) will give you 1000mg of fish oil, 180mg of EPA, 120 of DHA.

Taste and mixability are no issue because these are capsules. I have had some pretty mean fish burps with Kirkland brand, these on the other hand were burp free at least for me.

The recommended way of dosing is 1 capsule with a meal 3x a day. I dosed this the recommended way for the first week and I found that sometimes my dinner would be so late in the afternoon and then I would forget to take it with my meal and ended up taking it before bed. After a week I changed the way of dosing to something more convenient for me, 1 cap in the am with breakfast and 2 caps pm with my preworkout meal around 3pm two hours before my workout and 1 with a late dinner before bed. I will explain why I added a 4th capsule below.

It is hard to judge how effective is a supplement like fish oil. Where I noticed this working the most was on my skin, hair, joints and a slight increase in my digestive system activity. I have dry skin and my hair is not the greatest but while supplementing with O3G, I noticed I would have to wash my face a couple times a day. My hair was a little greasier and looked shiny, clean but shiny! My skin and hair felt healthier with O3G.

My joints are probably where I felt O3G working the most. I found that when performing exercises such as Squats, OHP and Bench my joints felt lubed up after only a few warm up sets, usually I feel pretty stiff after 4-5 warm up sets but not with O3G.

Now I mistakenly added a 4th cap one evening with dinner. I normally get up at 7:30ish and go about my normal morning routine that does not include a bowl movement until I get to work at 8:30. Well it was nice to go that morning before taking a shower. This is why I dosed this at 4 caps after the first week. It always nice to "GO" before a shower.

I think this has good value dosed at 4 a day will yield you 30 day's worth. If dosed at 3 a day it will yield you 40 days. You can have a bottle of O3G for $9.95 w/free 2-day shipping with amazon prime.

Side Effects

Slightly greasier skin and hair (Not a side effect for me because of the dry skin).

Conclusion

I have a bottle of this in my Amazon cart right now and will be placing an order because I think this is a good and Essential supplement to have. I will be replacing Kirkland brand fish oil for O3G.

As always a huge Thanks to SR and Maxler for making this possible.