IsoMax Reviews

By: MAXLER

Protein > Other Protein
IsoMax is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by MAXLER. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!
  November 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low-Carb
  • Label Concerns About Possible Amino Spiking

Want to apologize to Maxler it took me a little while to get this review out my life has been lets say hectic would be a severe understatement. But im here so lets get this review started.

Isomax is a Milk and Whey Isolate blend that also has added in BCAAs and Glutamine to, in their words up the bioavailability and make it a truly unique product.
Now looking at the ingredient profile I see 25g of protein, 2g of carbs being all fiber, and a .5g of fats .1 being trans fat? pretty normal looking profile for an isolate protein, but after adding up the numbers I got pretty close to 29g total, the jug says 30g scoop size. You still have to add in flavoring and thickening agents as well so my concern here is where is the BCAA complex, where is the added glutamine, in a day with amino spiking being prevalent the label on this and the claims have me a little concerned.

I received the Vanilla Ice Cream and well the vanilla was there but I couldn't detect the Ice Cream, very old school vanilla tasting to me and not in a good way. It wasn't nasty or flat but just very artificial and blandish. Mixing was soso for an isolate I would notice a few clumps but nothing drastic, for me im used to isolates mixing great. I dosed this immediately post workout like I always do with isolate proteins as they are supposed to digest faster.

The ole protein effectiveness section..... Well my body tolerated this protein pretty well, no stomach distress, no bloating, nausea. It helped me meet my macros but I cant say that in regards to that extra BCAA and glutamine section that I noticed anything from them. Theres not really anything else I can think of to say here. Low carbs and fats so anybody can input this into their diet....

This would be the only real upside to this product if in fact it isn't spiked somehow. Amazon has this for $22 for a 2lb tub for an isolate protein that is really hard to beat and probably the cheapest I have seen.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would like to hear from a Maxler rep in regards to the label concerns and also didnt really care for the taste. Hopefully we can get some answers and they can go back to the drawing board on taste, I know taste buds differ so much but in 2 Maxler products so far that's has been my only major beef
  • Vanilla Ice Cream: 6/10

Overall
Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!
  October 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low-Carb
  • High Quality

Yet another special thanks to Maxler for their support. I would also like to apologize for the tardiness of this review. I've been preoccupied with midterms over at college and let my TROOP duties take a backseat.

At any rate, today I talk about Maxler's protein product Isomax. As you can deduce form the name, Isomax is a whey isolate protein product. Isolate tends to be a more favored protein source due to its bioavailability and ease of metabolism for those with sensitivity of the digestive system. Though, it tends to be one of the more expensive source of protein products, it's still one to prefer over others if you can find it for a good deal.

So how does Isomax stand up to the competition?

Focusing solely on the main ingredient, protein in this case, Isomax provides 25g of a combined source of whey and milk protein isolates. There is also an amino acid blend of leucine, isoleucine, valine, glycine, and glutamine.

Whey and milk protein sources tend to be a favorite in protein supplements that consist of blends due to their high amino content. So, it's no surprise to find them in isolate based proteins or blends in general.

I received the rich chocolate flavor and found it to indeed be rich. It was satisfying and tasted just like natural chocolate. It was especially enjoyable in milk or almond milk. The mixability was fine with whatever method I used and always resulted in a thoroughly mixed preparation without any clumps or globs.

Dosing is mostly dependent on the user's needs depending on individual requirements. For me, I would take two servings on training days and one serving on non-training days. On training days, one serving would be in the morning while the other would be sometime post workout. On non-training days, I usually took one serving in the afternoon.

I said it time and time again in previous reviews, I gauge effectiveness primarily on how the protein supplement helped me satisfy macro needs. However, since I find protein supplementation beneficial to my recovery, I will give it some additional accreditation for that.

In the case of Isomax, I found it to be a very good inclusion to my daily macro intake regimen. I was able to meet my protein requirements more efficiently and accurately. The fact that it was low carb was a plus since I am trying to shift into a recomp phase at the moment. Of course, the idea of getting my protein supplementation from a more favorable Isolate source was a good plus.

Isomax definitely came in handy after my workouts. I always find that a quick protein fix boosts the jump start switch to my recovery. As many would agree though, you want to always be sure you're getting plenty of good wholesome food asap since that's your most valuable source of any nutrients anytime of the day. Isomax did give me a decent degree of improvement in my recovery and I found that I was less sore following my workouts and was able to rest easy in the evening with a lesser degree of muscle soreness and lethargy.

The cheapest price I found for Isomax was 26.95. For a 30 serving tub of a good quality protein product, that is a pretty good value. I'd say, just be on the lookout for sales and manufacturer deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In a supplement market where protein products are a plenty, Maxler scores in the Isolate department with Isomax. The protein is of high quality, great taste, good value, and definitely one to try out. It's especially helpful for the more carb conscious individual considering it's low carb. Per usual, my advice is to always get your main bulk of nutrients from plenty of good food.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!