Amino Max Hydrolysate Reviews

By: MAXLER

Amino Max Hydrolysate is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by MAXLER. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

Overall
Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!
  November 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Recovery
  • Some Fatigue Reduction
  • Huge Tabs
  • 8 Pills In One Day
  • May Perfer Powdered Aminos

First off thanks to Maxler for sending this and other products out to the Troopers. Yes, these pills are big but does this make or break it? I have been training for strength on a 4-day split.

These aminos come in the form of hydrolyzed whey protein. AMH is designed to feed your muscles with Amino acids you need to fuel your workouts and to recover/rebuild after you have broken down the muscle! To pack all these aminos in the form of a pill it is required to make the pills a rather large size.

AMH comes in pill form and they really didn't have any taste to them.

Mixability does not apply.

Dosing is specified on the label, having to take a serving (4 pills) pre-workout and another serving post-workout. On days off I took a serving with my first meal and a serving before bed. The Maxler rep mentioned that you didn't need to take a serving unless you needed the protein.

In terms of Reduced DOMS I could tell that I wasn't as sore I normal, I don't believe I can say it was ALL because of AMH because I was taking other products in conjunction with AMH that also played a role in reducing DOMS. I did have an overall endurance boost in the gym and post workout, again not all the credit can be given to AMH but with all the aminos being introduced its hard to deny that it is not doing anything to my insides!

We all know that feeling when leaving the gym, of being exhausted and lethargic! Well with AMH I could feel myself getting clearer within a few minutes of taking my post workout dose, this helped combat that tired feeling you get from a good workout until you can get some grub in you.

I feel AMH has good value, I say this because you get a little over a months' worth of fast absorbing amino acids for anywhere from $20-$25.

Side Effects

Not a side effect but a word of warning: these pills are on the Large Size. If you have trouble with anything the size of D-POL, then you will have big trouble with these as they are about double that size.

Conclusion

Well I put the Meh for recommend because of the size of the pills! As most people have trouble with pills, I find them easier to store and carry around with me. This product is not for everyone, maybe Maxler can figure a way to reduce the size and maybe get rid of some of the non-essentials. In general, this product will only be attractive to a small number of individuals and might not be worth the trouble of reformulating or anything along those line.

If you prefer pills over powders its worth a shot if not stick to what you know!

Thank you SR for the opportunity to be a Trooper!

Overall
Overall
5.5
5.5
Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!
  October 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Recovery
  • Some Fatigue Reduction
  • Huge Tabs
  • 8 Pills In One Day
  • Lack Of Benefits

Another special thanks to Maxler for their continued support here on SR.com. This time around, I'll be discussing my experience with their amino acid product amino max hydrolysate (AMH). Amino acids as we know are the building block primers in our muscle tissues as well as any organic viable tissues in the bodies of living organisms in general. In the field of fitness, they are are very versatile. They can help improve endurance, reduce DOMS, enhance recovery, improve focus, and help with cortisol control. I am an avid user of powder versions myself, but I decided to capitalize on this opportunity to try something new.

Each 4 cap dosing consists of 8g of hydrolyzed whey protein. The advantage of hydrolyzed forms of whey protein stretch from the more complete amino acid structure, bioavailability, fast absorption, and overall pure quality.

100g is detailed on the product label to provide a high dose of 20 important amino acids to help support growth and overall vitality,

The first immediate complaint is just how big the caps are. Seriously, these are the definition of horse pills. At the very least, in order to get these caps down, I had to break them in half, sometimes into more manageable piece.

No taste or mixability to talk about the caps.

Maxler advises a 4 caps serving before and after training. I took 4 caps with my pre workout and another 4 caps immediately after usually with a protein shake following some time later. Again, those big caps will be tough to manage at times.

On non-training days, I would take the first serving in the morning with a meal and another serving around the evening time.

As I've stated before, when I use amino acid products, regardless what form, I look for recovery, potential endurance, and a perhaps a supplement to my energy.

Overall, I was not very satisfied with the results.

In terms of recovery, I would say I only saw a modest improvement at best. DOMS was not reduced by a significant amount in compared to other products and there were some rare times where it just overall unaffected. So consistency was a bit of a problem as well. I did have a decent improvement in my immediate post workout recovery meaning that I had less lethargy immediately after my workout, which is a welcomed benefits since sometimes I have to work after a gym session.

I did not see any noticeable difference in my endurance outside of any benefits I may have already been getting from other products, so hydrosylate misses the mark here.

Lastly, I did see some improvement in my overall energy levels. While I was using a pre workout, when I did add amino max in the mix, I noticed I had a decent continuous boost in the quality and duration of my heightened energy levels. In other words, it helped prolong and improve the quality and level of energy

In summary, AMH did not totally miss the mark for the most part, but did not give me the level of satisfaction I'd more so desire from amino acid supplementation in general.

The cheapest price I could find for a full 325 tablet count tub was 26.95. How you would describe this value would weigh mostly on how frequently you would use amino acids primarily. I do use amino acids frequently and I often go for the maximum allowable dose. In this case, at 8 pills a day, a tub of amino max will last a little over a month. Factoring my view on it's intermediate level of efficacy, I would say that this is not the most ill-valued product but considering it goes for a price range of most other preferable amino acid products I've used, I would not invest in this again over other supplements. In contrast, if you do in fact prefer pill-protein based amino products, this product is not too bad an investment.

Side Effects

Don't choke on those huge caps

Conclusion

In comparison with the slew of amino acids supplements I've tried, amino max simply fell too short for me. The lack of efficacy in key areas as I described coupled with the inconvenience of swallowing such massive pills in large quantities, makes me turn my head towards the more favorable supps out there. Maxler definitely has the potential ball rolling in the right direction, but just make some minor tweaks and you would in fact have a better product.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!