Glutamatrix Reviews

Overall
1.0
  June 6, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Profile
Third Review, here we go. Alright, so when I first started taking supplements, I took all Max Muscle Supplements because that's where I shopped at and that's what the salesmen told me to get. When I took this, I took it with Intek Isolate Evolution Protein after my workouts. I also took Max Muscle's MaxPro throughout the day for added protein to my diet. Something that I also want to mention is when I first opened this product after purchasing, I found that only about 1/5 of the container contained the actual product. The rest was filled with empty space. It is in a bottle that you cannot see through, so you don't know this until you buy it.

Effectiveness (9/10)
I felt like this product was very effective. I have noticed that recovery was better while taking this than taking a protein shake without this in it. I have also noticed that I get sick a little less often when I take this than when I don't. I have also taken just plain l-glutamine and feel like this works a little better.

Taste (when added to a protein shake) (10/10)
I feel like this definitely makes a protein shake taste better. It makes the protein shake taste a little bit more creamy and sweeter. When I took this with Intek Isolate Evolution, it was the best protein shake I had ever tasted. By itself in water doesn't taste good though. I would definitely add it to something, whether it be pre-workout, intra-workout, or post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

-5g Glutamine blend (l-glutamine, l-glutamine peptides, and N-Aceytl-L-glutamine)
-16g of Carbohydrates (8g Maltodextrin and 8g of dextrose)

I feel like the ingredient profile is great for recovery. High glycemic carbs are good for after a workout and this product contains 2 sources of them. I have experimented with different amounts of added high glycemic carbs and have found that the amount inside of glutamatrix, 16g, is a good amount to help with recovery without adding excess fat. However, if you are on a low carb diet, this product would not be good for you and you would be better off using plain l-glutamine.

Price (1/10)
This product is extremely expensive. Right now on Max Muscle's website, it costs $37.99 for 1.5 lbs (31 servings). This comes out to be $1.23 per serving, which is extremely expensive when compared to other l-glutamine products. Definitely not worth the price.

Overall (4/10)
This product works great and provides great added recovery. However, just like most of Max Muscle's products, it is very expensive. On bodybuilding.com, I purchased 1.5 kg of glutamine for around $22, which came out to be about $0.16 per serving. I now use this instead and mix it with 16g of dextrose, which is extremely cheap as well (adds a negligible amount of money per serving). The differences between the effectiveness of Glutamatrix and l-glutamine mixed with dextrose are small; however, the differences in the prices between them are huge. I don't recommend using this product unless cost is not an issue for you.