Scorch Powder Reviews

By: MAN Sports

Scorch Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by MAN Sports. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pick Me Up
  • Increased Focus
  • Great Stackability
  • Trips To The Bathroom
  • Not A Typical Weight Loss Supplement
  • Undisclosed Ingredient Profile

Again, I want to thank Clipper and Tomey for giving me the chance to try this one out trough the old Bounty Program! 'm a college student that is currently cutting for summer. Let's get it.

I'm sorry MAN, but what is this ingredient profile? We know you made this product with the Australian market in mind but at least you could have disclosed it a bit more. One scoop is 5 grams and it is made off:

- Taurine (1g): Taurine is known for its nootropic effect and its ability to increase blood flow when exercising plus it can aid various anti-oxidant defense systems.

- Caffeine (147 mg) [Organic Green Coffee Beans Std. for 98% Natural Caffeine]: Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation.

- Weirdly enough the rest of the product is not fully disclosed but it includes: Choline Bitartrate, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, L-Carnitine Tartrate, L-Carnitine Fumarate, Green Tea SE, Black Tea SE, White Tea SE, Raspberry Ketones and Niacin.

Given that the most prominent ingredients on this blend are Choline Bitartrate and 3 x L-Carnitine, I can go deeper on them; some studies indicate L-carnitine supplements may decrease fat mass, reduce fatigue and increase muscle mass, thus promoting decreased weight. There are various forms of carnitine supplementation available. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is used for cognitive enhancement. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (LCLT) is typically used for physical performance and power output. Choline is a molecule mostly used for either its cognitive boosting properties (turning into acetylcholine, the learning neurotransmitter) or as a liver health agent, able to reduce fatty liver buildup.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's try to decipher how each of those ingredients is dosed. So, in the full label, taurine is the second listed ingredient and it's dosed at 1 gram, Choline is the first one so it is the most prominent one ("the choline should be pulsed in high doses acutely as higher doses are partitioned to the brain to a greater extent. 1-2g is typically used"), after taurine we got 3 types of L carnitine, I'd go so far as to say that when you add all of them up, you get a decent amount of L-Carn. We also got a bit of Green tea, Black tea and White tea SE plus raspberry ketones.

- The one I got was Grape Bubblegum and it was powerful, they recommend that you use 1 scoop with around 1 L of water (+ - 33 oz). If you go with that much water it becomes a nice and refreshing flavor with a sour bite to it at the end, but you also have to take into consideration that you're going to be visiting the bathroom. If you go with the lower end of the spectrum and use less water, the flavor as I said becomes very potent and very sour, so you have to play with that according to your likings.

- I found that the more I got to the end of the tub the worse it mixed, so you need to give it a few shakes. Also, if you mix with a few oz of water there's going to be a decent layer of foam.

- Dosing is 2 scoops in the morning (and 1 to 2 scoops in the evening, but I'm going to talk about this part later)

I'm going to rate this product for what it is, I can't compare it to other products within this category since this one, personally, has a specific target and usage.

After discussing the ingredient profile, we can see right off the bat that this is an energy + focus product, you have your taurine in there, your different types of L-carnitine and your caffeine and tea extracts. I don't think the idea behind this product is to be a full blown clinically dosed weight loss supplement, but an energy based one with high stackability. That was exactly what I did, I paired this one with a stim free weight loss supplement that had ingredients with diuretics properties, capsimax etc. to fill the holes and the gaps that Scorch has.

My regular morning dosing was 2 scoops (right after waking up, on an empty stomach as I have been doing IF) Needless to say, 300 mg are a nice way to start the day off, plus the Choline and various types of L-Carnitine (Acetyl in special) aid with mental focus to start the day right and not fall asleep on class. My alertness increased while my fatigue decreased, and it put me in a good mood that lasted throughout the morning. However, given that I mostly train in the evening I had to choose between using this product as a pre-workout or using a pre-workout per se. Obviously I went with the later one. The days I trained in the morning (1 or 2 times per week at most) I took 2 scoops in the evening, around 5 pm and could feel the energy boost again and same good effects again. Worth noting that I did not experience any crash.

As you can see, there are different ways to use this product but they all come down to the same results, improved energy and focus, sort of like a healthier (and good tasting) energy drink that can be used as a pick me up to get that cognitive enhancement plus a bit of fat loss aid.

MAN Sports know exactly what this product is, where it is aimed and how to sell it. The tub contains 75 servings and it costs around 29.99 dollars (even though there are a few BOGO here and there). You'll always want to go with 1.5 to 2 scoops, if you take 2 daily you are looking at 80 cents/day, which is good. If you go with 4 scoops, 1.6 dollars per serv. If you work out daily (or almost daily) and take your pre- there is not much reason to take 4 scoops unless you really love caffeine.

Now, I'm going to rate the value according to how I used the product which was 2 scoops per day most of the days and 3 or 4 scoops once in a blue moon.

Side Effects

None, but if you follow the instructions and use 2 L of water per 2 scoops you're going to visit the bathroom more times that you'd like.

Conclusion

If you take into consideration what this product is designed to do and how to use it, it is a good addition to your stim free weight loss stack, and, even if you're not necessarily cutting/losing weight, this is a nice pick me up + energy and focus product to get you through the day at a cheaper price than any good energy drink on the market.
  • Grape Bubblegum: 8/10

• Clipper83
    April 6, 2018

Thank you for getting this review up in a timely manner.

• dmf8625
    April 6, 2018

It is odd that if this product was made with the AU market in mind that it is not fully disclosed. I thought the AU government required full disclosure for supplements before they were allowed into the country.

• aleexz
    April 6, 2018

They require that the product is not in pill form, hence the powder version. This one is just another proprietary blend minus the caffeine and taurine.