Pump Powder Reviews

By: MAN Sports

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Pump Powder reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to MAN Sports for sending it out!
  June 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Pump @ 1 Serving
  • Better @ 2 Servings
  • Poor Value
  • Underdosing
  • Requires 2-3 Servings
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Pump, pump, pump it up! Man Sports has always been a company that does things outside the norm, and in their attempt at this pump product they actually didn't take it too far.. in fact, it is just shy of what others are doing! Maybe their formulations expert dropped the ball as did their graphics guy (link below). Four really active ingredients! Vitamin C at 100mg where 250+ is needed, Agnatine Sulfate at 500mg which is half dosed, Glycerol Mono at 1.5g again close to half dose, and lastly Citrulline Malate 1:1 ratio at 3g providing close to half of that to Citrulline.. I am really disappointed at the ingredient profile, especially at dosage! At these doses you are looking at 2-3 scoops to compare to effective dosages, and vs the competitors. They have No Dyes or Proprietary Blends going for them, which is pretty serious..

Also, their label currently states 65% Glycerol which is only possible for Hydromax.. Priceplow did an article on it and a lab test to show it is indeed ONLY Glycerol Mono and not 65%, as it was stated above "graphics guy" got the blame.. https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/man-sports-glycerol FYI Glycerol MONO yields only 24% due to Science and Math..

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I got Sour Batch, and as expected it was the highlight of this product. Taste was sour, but not too sour where more water would settle it. Mixability was good considering the Glycerol is the only floating particles remaining, where they would float or sink. Dosing was varied in many ways: 1 scoop Pre or Intra, 2 scoops Pre or Intra, and with or without a pre workout containing pump ingredients.

Effectiveness 8/10
What is this product for again, pump? Ok, well I would hate to break it to you but this needed 2-3 scoops to be effective.. WHAAT? At 1 scoop you could not really tell a difference compared to not taking it, and then adding it to a Pre Workout containing pump ingredients was more effective (maybe a 6/10). Then taking it at 2 scoops ALONE as a Pre Workout was pretty good, but I knew if I pushed a 1/2 scoop more it would be money (maybe a 8.5/10). Then I tried it at 2.5 scoops, which proved to be great but much like a cheat meal it had me thinking... It took more than double the serving amount to get me here, and I did not like that! As a last ditch effort I pushed it to 3 scoops and got pretty much the best pump in a long while 9/10. So rating this product compared to other pump products, it really only was worth a 8 overall.

Value 6/10
$28 for 30 servings is not uncommon, but when a product like this requires at least 2 servings (even as directed 1-2 scoops) I feel the value is pretty horrible. This profile is ok, but not the best nor the norm which I feel makes the value even less. At 1 serving it is $0.93 cost per serving which is expensive for this profile, and then on top of that 2 servings cost $1.87 which is just plain retarded. When a product is formulated in such a way where they know you will need 2 servings, that just chaps my ass.

Overall Conclusion 7/10
Man Sports is a company that here of late are known for their flavors, let me restate that "Man Sports is known for their taste, not their effectiveness". Why does this matter? I feel that if the best thing about your products are the taste, then maybe you should spend more time on your formulations and dosages.
  • Sour Batch: 6/10

• MANSports
    Rep for this Brand
    July 19, 2016 - Last Edited: 2016-07-19 12:23:21

This is to be a pre-workout stim free pump additive (preferably added to Game Day or PepTest BULK in like flavors)... I think you missed the overall point of this product. If you're looking for a pump pre-workout to be taken stand alone - try our Body Octane that has been out since 2004 with full clinical doses. Also - the label error was corrected after the first run, which there is a full write-up about on PricePlow (supporting what we told Mike at PricePlow, that it is Glycerol Mono).

• kalans
    July 19, 2016

I thank you must have a misunderstanding on clinical dosages or at least by not requiring multiple servings, thus reducing the value of your product ultimately cheating the consumer. Thanks for the comment man sports, and for the down rep.

• MANSports
    Rep for this Brand
    July 20, 2016

Please let us know what clinical dose of Glycerol Monostearate you are referencing as well as Agmatine Sulfate.

• kalans
    July 20, 2016 - Last Edited: 2016-07-20 11:47:34

I was referring to your other products, but If you want to get into effective dosages as per this product go ahead and read the review above. All in all, this is not an appropriate situation for a company to take. I gave you my review, you negatively repped it based on you not agreeing rather than if the content was quality or not. So go ahead and make another comment if you want to have the last word, otherwise I nothing left to say.