Pump Powder Reviews

By: MAN Sports

Pre-Workout > Pump
Pump Powder is a Pump Product manufactured by MAN Sports. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to MAN Sports for sending it out!
  July 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Pump @ 1 Serving
  • Requires 2-3 Servings

Again sorry for the delay but Im just trying to gather myself and slow life down for myself a little bit. Thanks to MAN Sports for allowing me to try this out. It is a decent pump product with an element that other companies might not be able to duplicate.

Its decent, not flashy, but also not enough. 500mg of agmatine and 3000mg of Citrulline Malate to go along with 1500mg of 65% Glycerol. Id rather have 1000mg of agmatine and 2000mg of Citrulline. Like I said, simple formula and fully disclosed but I wish it had something more to really give it that wow factor.

I had the Dorks flavor. It took me 29 scoops to figure out that Dorks was the same as Nerds candy but naturally they cant call it nerds. The taste though was great, really sour and purple grape flavored nerds like. Quite amazing actually. It was definitely a pleasure to drink. Dosing was 1 scoop 20 to 30 minutes preworkout. Felt like 1 scoop wasnt always enough but the directions were easy enough to follow. Mixing wasnt very good. I dont know if its because it was delivied and it sat outside for awhile until i brought it in and it got chunky or what but it just didnt want to mix. Always had powder and residue on the side of the shaker cup.

7.5/10

It was a decent product. Like I said it never blew me away but i could tell that it worked. One of the biggest issues with it was consistency because it didnt give me what I was looking for all the time. Occasionally I was left disappointed which I never like to experience when testing a product. On the days I felt it though it was a nice boost to my preworkout. I felt a fullness in my arms and the kind of pump you get where your chest kind of goes numb. The best result I had was when i tried two scoops the effectiveness was far more noticeable but i felt it just wasnt economical to do that every workout as I like to make my products last a bit. Like I said, solid product but nothing that is going to knock your socks off.

7.5/10

28$ for 30 scoops. Its less than a dollar a serving but id rather pay 30$ for effectiveness than for taste. Something so simple shouldnt costs so much

Side Effects

I Experienced no side effects while using this products

Conclusion

Not bad but not great. Its a simple formula product that works but not as good as something 5$ more. Its worth a shot if you want to taste an amazing product but id look somewhere else and spend a little more cash for a better product
  • Dorks: 9/10

Overall
Thanks to MAN Sports for sending it out!
  June 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Pump @ 1 Serving
  • Better @ 2 Servings
  • Poor Value
  • Underdosing
  • Requires 2-3 Servings
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Pump, pump, pump it up! Man Sports has always been a company that does things outside the norm, and in their attempt at this pump product they actually didn't take it too far.. in fact, it is just shy of what others are doing! Maybe their formulations expert dropped the ball as did their graphics guy (link below). Four really active ingredients! Vitamin C at 100mg where 250+ is needed, Agnatine Sulfate at 500mg which is half dosed, Glycerol Mono at 1.5g again close to half dose, and lastly Citrulline Malate 1:1 ratio at 3g providing close to half of that to Citrulline.. I am really disappointed at the ingredient profile, especially at dosage! At these doses you are looking at 2-3 scoops to compare to effective dosages, and vs the competitors. They have No Dyes or Proprietary Blends going for them, which is pretty serious..

Also, their label currently states 65% Glycerol which is only possible for Hydromax.. Priceplow did an article on it and a lab test to show it is indeed ONLY Glycerol Mono and not 65%, as it was stated above "graphics guy" got the blame.. https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/man-sports-glycerol FYI Glycerol MONO yields only 24% due to Science and Math..

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I got Sour Batch, and as expected it was the highlight of this product. Taste was sour, but not too sour where more water would settle it. Mixability was good considering the Glycerol is the only floating particles remaining, where they would float or sink. Dosing was varied in many ways: 1 scoop Pre or Intra, 2 scoops Pre or Intra, and with or without a pre workout containing pump ingredients.

Effectiveness 8/10
What is this product for again, pump? Ok, well I would hate to break it to you but this needed 2-3 scoops to be effective.. WHAAT? At 1 scoop you could not really tell a difference compared to not taking it, and then adding it to a Pre Workout containing pump ingredients was more effective (maybe a 6/10). Then taking it at 2 scoops ALONE as a Pre Workout was pretty good, but I knew if I pushed a 1/2 scoop more it would be money (maybe a 8.5/10). Then I tried it at 2.5 scoops, which proved to be great but much like a cheat meal it had me thinking... It took more than double the serving amount to get me here, and I did not like that! As a last ditch effort I pushed it to 3 scoops and got pretty much the best pump in a long while 9/10. So rating this product compared to other pump products, it really only was worth a 8 overall.

Value 6/10
$28 for 30 servings is not uncommon, but when a product like this requires at least 2 servings (even as directed 1-2 scoops) I feel the value is pretty horrible. This profile is ok, but not the best nor the norm which I feel makes the value even less. At 1 serving it is $0.93 cost per serving which is expensive for this profile, and then on top of that 2 servings cost $1.87 which is just plain retarded. When a product is formulated in such a way where they know you will need 2 servings, that just chaps my ass.

Overall Conclusion 7/10
Man Sports is a company that here of late are known for their flavors, let me restate that "Man Sports is known for their taste, not their effectiveness". Why does this matter? I feel that if the best thing about your products are the taste, then maybe you should spend more time on your formulations and dosages.
  • Sour Batch: 6/10