L-Carnitine 1500 Reviews

By: MAN Sports

Weight Loss > Stimulant Free
L-Carnitine 1500 is a Stimulant Free Weight Loss Product manufactured by MAN Sports. It can increase metabolic rate and fat loss without the use/inclusion of traditional stimulants.

Overall
Overall
  November 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhances Fat Loss
  • Needs To Be Refrigerated

A basic L-Carnitine Supplement that you can find for a very good value, or even get for free during certain promotions. This will aid you in some fat loss as long as you eat right and work out. A good fat loss enhancer as a stand alone but would likely work best if augmented with another fat burning source.

39 years old and I lift 5 days a week. I have been seeing a lot of reviews lately on Carnitine supplements, so I decided to finally use the bottle of MAN L-Carnitine 1500 I had siting in the closet, to see how my body would react to it. I have had hit and miss results with MAN supplements, so let us see how this one fared. At least you know exactly what you are getting with the name.

Pretty simple here, this contains L-Carnitine. Of note this contains no Calories, Sugars, or Carbs so this will not mess with your daily macro's. There are four different forms of Carnitine out there, but this one only contains one.

L-Carnitine (1,500mg): This has a variety of uses including boosting exercise performance and improving cognition and depression. However, this here is used to aid in fat loss, which according to Examine.com evidence does not support this indication. The standard dose for L-Carnitine is 500-2,000mg daily, we get 1,500mg per dose and this is taken twice a day, so we hit well over the mark. Other forms of Carnitine will require different doses.

Of note L-Carnitine is also listed under other ingredients on the bottle, so I am fairly confused why that is and if it adds more to the dose, or if just being repetitive. Either way I found that odd. Along with L-Carnitine the other ingredients include purified water, Phosphoric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate, Acesulfame, Potassium (Ace-K), and Sodium Benzoate. The point here is that it contains sugar and artificial flavors, so if you are looking for a "pure" natural product, then this is not for you.

Taste: I ordered the Rainbow Sherbet flavor and enjoyed it. It had a hint of sherbet type flavor to it, and its honestly very hard to describe what it tasted like. It was unique, a little bit sweet, but enjoyable and very easy to drink down twice a day.

Mixability: No issues here as its in liquid form ready to be drank!

Dosing: I went off the bottle recommendations of two doses daily. I took one dose first thing in the morning, and another mid-afternoon. Also one dose is 1tbsp which comes out to about half a cap full. Also one thing to note here, is once you open it this needs to be refrigerated.

I was not expecting much of anything here to be honest, as I know the studies on Carnitine are inconclusive, and I have never messed with this as a stand alone before, so I did not have much faith. However, on my 18 day run of this I managed to drop .7% body fat, but I did gain about 5 pounds. The weight gain is due to being back on Creatine and taking Epicatechin, hence why it is so important to take another measurement to track results outside of the numbers on a scale. I use a handheld body fat monitor, while it may not be very accurate, it is my consistent way of measuring results. My diet was decent for the most part while on this, but still included beer days and such. So I do believe this did aid me a bit in dropping some fat, but I will attribute the majority of the fat loss due to my diet. This was a good enhancer and did speed up the results.

I never felt any increase in energy or focus on this as others have reported. Typically ALCAR will be used for cognitive enhancement, and L-Carnitine by itself fell short of that for me. The label simply claims to be a metabolic enhancement, and I feel it did its job as just that. I would imagine you would get better results if you pair this with some other fat burning type supplements, as it is dosed well. So not a bad run at all.

I received this bottle for free as part of a promotional deal. Currently you can buy this as a BOGO deal for $18 on Muscle & Strength. That comes out to around 32 days (if you take 2 doses a day), and is about 57 cents a dose. Not a bad deal at all in my opinion. If you keep an eye out, you can almost always find this on special or get it for free with another purchase. Good value here, since this did its basic job for me.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

I was not expecting anything from running this product for 18 days, but results were there. If I had run this for longer I would imagine the results would be better, so in the future I may run back to back bottles. The Rainbow Sherbet tasted great, and I was pretty happy with this run. Sometimes you just need something basic to get results.
  • Rainbow Sherbet: 9/10