Iso-Amino Coffee Creamer Bliss Reviews

By: MAN Sports

6.8

(Better than 6% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Iso-Amino Coffee Creamer Bliss is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by MAN Sports. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

3.0
(SR paid for product; MAN Sports did not participate)
  March 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Has Calories
    • Tastes Bad

I recently started drinking coffee. At first, as an appetite suppressant between meals, but I actually came to like the taste, and I have 1-2 cups a day.

Usually, I use Coffee Mate or milk, but I decided to give this product a shot when I saw it on the TROOPS program.

There aren't many ingredients here. 1 scoop of Man ISO Coffee Creamer has 5g BCAAS (2:1:1), and 140mg sodium. I do, though, want to point out that this product does have calories.

The FDA does not require companies to list the calories in BCAAs are they are incomplete proteins, so MAN is allowed to say that their product is 0 calories, but it has about 30 calories per scoop. This means that this product is about the same in terms of calories as a serving of Coffeemate (35 cals).

30 cals doesn't sound like much, but if you have 2 cups of coffee a day, like I do, the calories will add up. My waistline doesn't care about FDA regulations.

Now for me, taste was what would make or break this product for me. I don't really need more bcaas in my diet. I eat plenty of protein as it is. I wanted this to make my coffee taste better.

I got the French Vanilla, and I have to say, it tasted terrible, 2/10. There was a vanilla taste, so they got that part right, but the creamer was too sweet and too bitter at the same time. It was like taking medicine and then trying to wash out the taste with soda, but then the medicine and the soda combine to make a worse taste. Ugh!

I wasn't expecting much from this product in terms of effects. My diet is pretty on point, so any additional BCAAs would be superfluous in my case, and I don't drink coffee before I lift, so I wouldn't see anything there either. For me, the effectiveness would be in the taste. Either it made me look forward to drinking my coffee or made me dread it. Jury's out; the verdict was guilty!

The price isn't too shabby. I saw a tub on Amazon for $18.30 (cheaper if you subscribe), and BCAA tubs can be $21-$25 for 30 servings, so the cost is reasonable. It is, though, considerably pricier than just getting coffee creamer, which for me is $3-4 a bottle.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I've heard great things about MAN's flavoring (with regards to their ISO Protein and their ISO-Aminos), but their coffee creamer did not do it for me. I would avoid.
    • French Vanilla: 2/10

• No Fat Or Sugar
    • Average Value Depending On What You Currently Use
    • Very Fine Powder
    • Limited Flavor Choices

Hello all! Full intro on myself can be found on the forum here: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

For this product, I won a contest run by MAN Sports and the prize was a full tub of their new ISO-Amino coffee creamer. While I am not a big coffee drinker, I figured I could use this product in other ways outside of coffee and was happy to give it a try. Plus who wouldn't want to replace the normal coffee creamer products that a full of fat and sugar with some aminos?

The ingredient profile for this product is pretty simple. Each scoop is seven grams, which includes five grams of 2:1:1 BCAAs. It also has between 100mg and 140mg of sodium along with the normal natural and artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners, Maltodextrin and Silicone Dioxide. Nothing more to report here. The only thing that changes between the three flavors available is the sodium content. The pumpkin spice flavor I chose was in the middle with 112mg.

Taste >> As mentioned, I chose the pumpkin spice flavor for my tub. While I am not normally a pumpkin spice fan, this flavor was better than most. In coffee, it was sometimes hard to get the true flavor because it contrasted with the natural flavor of the brew. I did use it with other food products though and was able to get a more true flavor. I would mix this in with plain yogurt and plain oatmeal to add some flavor without having to add sugar, fat or carbs.

Mixability >> There were no issues with mixability no matter how I used this product. It would dissolve in hot or cold liquids without issue. When I used it for food products, a simple stir and it was mixed into whatever I was eating. Much easier to fix in food than a whey protein, likely because of the extremely fine powder that this product comes in. Be careful when mixing because this powder can go everywhere with one wrong move.

Dosing >> For me, I never needed more than one scoop of this product for anything that I wanted to use it on. There are no stimulants or any other active ingredients outside of the BCAAs in this product, so it can be used at any time of the day.

The effectiveness of this product in the eyes of a weight lifter or bodybuilder is up for debate in my eyes. This is purely a BCAA product with coffee style flavoring added. Are you someone who thinks BCAAs are vital and help with your training and recovery? If so, then this product will be effective for you. Are you someone who is closely tracking your calories/macros and are tired of wasting some carbs and fat by using the standard Coffee Mate liquid creamers? If so, then this product would be effective for you by allowing those macros to be saved for future meals and replaced with more beneficial BCAAs.

On the other side, are you a person who thinks BCAAs are useless and a complete waste of money? If so, then this product will have no effectiveness for you. Are you someone who does not track their calories/macros too closely and are ok with the carbs and fat in Coffee Mate? If so, this product will have little use or benefit to you plus it will cost more.

For me, it was effective in saving me some macros for future meals and increasing my BCAA intake. It was effective at being a new flavor choice to add to unflavored foods to make them easier and more enjoyable to eat.

From what I can find on the web, a 30 serving tub will run you in the $20 range. While this is much more expensive than the Coffee Mate bottle liquids you can find at the store, ISO-Amino is also a much healthier option. The lower cost of the other products comes with a trade-off of having sugar and fat compared to pure aminos. If coffee is a huge part of your day, then you are the type of person who may find great value in a product like this. If you are a person who only drinks one cup of coffee a day, then this product likely has less appeal and value to you.

Side Effects

None to report. Purely BCAAs other than the flavoring and sweeteners. If you have a reaction to sucralose or Ace-K, then stay away from this product.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this product is a nice change of pace to what you would normally buy in the store plus it can be used with other food products as well. Each individual will have to make a decision on whether this product has value to them based on their personal lifestyle, love of coffee and how else they may choose to use this. Since I decided to use it for more than coffee, it was a great supplement to have and I will continue to use it.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
    • Pumpkin Spice: 8/10