Supersonic Reviews

By: Magnitude Life Sciences

Supersonic is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Magnitude Life Sciences. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.3
6.2
Thanks to Magnitude Life Sciences for sending it out!
  January 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Solid Ingredients
  • Good For Cardio
  • Under Dosed For Lifting

Thanks to Magnitude Life Sciences for giving me the chance to review this product. Over the past few months I have been doing a lot of hybrid type workouts that combine conventional body building with Functional fitness workouts, and cardio sessions. Pre-workout drinks can have a big impact on these type of workouts and I am in the search for one that can succeed in all types.

This supplement provides a fully disclosed label:

Pump Blend
Citrulline Malate 2:1 3000mg-Citrulline Malate is a nonessential amino acid that is used by the body to increase plasma levels of the amino acid L-Arginine endogenously. Citrulline Malate also serves to increase nitrogen production, reduce lactic acid and ammonia buildup during exercise resulting in decreased muscle fatigue, and additionally allows for increases in ATP and recovery.

Glycerol Monostearate 1g-This ingredient will increase endurance, strength, stamina, hydration, and the body's natural adaption to heat, and blood flow. Glycerol is famous for its circulation enhancement prior to exercise and delaying athlete's needs for hydration due to the extra water storage.

Beet Root (Beta vulgaris) 500mg-has been shown to improve muscle oxygenation, resulting in cardiovascular health and physical output. Beet Root plays an enormous role in enhancing your nitric oxide levels which allows your blood vessels to relax to a sponge like material and increase blood flow

L-Norvaline 100mg- L-Norvaline will help prevent your body from inhibiting NO production, allowing your body to have increased muscle pumps and delivering nutrients into your muscle for more muscle growth.

Fatigue Inhibitor blend
Beta Alanine 2.4g-This helps offset fatigue and prevent muscle failure, all while aiding in muscular endurance, and keeping the burn out of your muscles.

L-Histidine 500mg-Histidine is extremely effective when used with Beta-alanine to increase carnosine levels, which can aid in nitric oxide production for greater power output, help buffer out lactic acid all while speeding up recovery time.

Performance and Power Blend
Creatine Hydrochloride 1g-The Hydrochloride version is more water soluble (how it dissolves when put in water) which makes the creatine 189% more absorbable than its classic form in Monohydrate. It is one of the most absorbable forms of creatine.

L-Taurine 500mg-It increases muscle and athletic performance, body power, helps keeps waste out of your muscles, combats muscular deterioration, and enhances recovery. Taurine is especially effective for hydration. Taurine aids in electrolyte regulation and mineral flux in the muscle tissue.

Creatinol-O-Phosphate 500mg- is an up and rising ergogenic aid that helps increase strength, power, improves recovery time, and helps clear lactic acid out of the muscle cells during exercise to help increase endurance.

Pycnogenol 25mg-It improves neurological function, memory, nutrient absorption, and athletic performance. Use of this herb can reduce pain in the body and relieve the feeling of heaviness in the legs during leg days and cardiovascular exercise.

Energy and Focus blend
Caffeine Anhydrous 200mg- helps you burn fat by increasing epinephrine in your body, which tells your body to dissolve fat to be used as an energy source. Caffeine during your workouts help blunt pain receptors, allowing you to do more reps in the gym, and eventually packing on more muscle, and provides energy.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 150mg- aids in the bodies recovery by reducing stress while boosting the synthesis of dopamine.

Synephrine Hydrochloride 50mg- has positive effects on fat burning and suppressing appetite. Synephrine HCl can help increase metabolism and lipolysis (fat burning). It also helps transport glucose into the skeletal muscles for readily available ATP use.

Yohimbe Hydrochloride (Bark) 1mg- It has been found that Yohimbe can increase the amount of non-esterified fatty acids resulting in the breakdown of stored fat.

So as you can see this Pre-Workout has a lot to offer and covers a wide variety of needs that most of us look for, being energy, fat burning, and pumps.

They sent me what I believe is the only flavor available which is Strawberry Kiwi. The taste was great and I did not have any issues with it. I did the standard 1 scoop to 12oz of water and the flavor was perfect.

Mixing went smooth as well. I let it sit in water for 10 minutes gave it a good shake and drank it down. All of the powder fully mixed and there was no grittiness.

Dosing is where things get confusing. The label says you can go 1-2 scoops. Some ingredients on the label are dosed to where 2 scoops is optimal, but then there are some where 1 is enough. For me personally, I do not like giant stim bomb Pre's so doing 2 scoops was too much for me from a caffeine standpoint, but 1 was not enough for the pump effect.

So I just eluded to this, but for me this Pre was not that super. This is what is tricky about these products. What works for some, does not work for others. This was the case. 1 scoop gave me nothing in regards to lifting weights, however it boosted me on my cardiovascular endurance to where I could just run and keep going. 2 scoops was too much in regards to cardio due to the caffeine, but gave me the pump that I enjoyed when lifting weights. The obvious answer is to do 1.5 scoops. I tried this a couple of times but the results were so indifferent that I cannot tell people that it is the solution. Not to mention you would need a food scale to actually determine if you are doing an accurate 1.5 scoops. For me, I would rather just take 1 scoop on cardio intensive days and call it good, much like the supplement Cardio Igniter. With this being said, it might just be me. This might have a different effect on others.

So everywhere I look, I find this for $40.00 for 30 servings which is a $1.33 per serving. This is fairly competitive with most Pre's and given that there is a lot of ingredients in it, I would say that its a fair price. However if you 2 scoop this, then it will obviously be a very expensive supplement and you would be better finding a different powder.

Side Effects

Occasionally I might get the beta tingles, but other than that I really did not feel anything.

Conclusion

So while this product has a great label, and awesome ingredients, it just didnt do it for me. I will say that I will keep it in mind if I am looking for a Pre-workout powder to help with cardio, because that is a big factor in my life. Other than that I would say to move along and search else where if you are looking for one to deliver when lifting weights. Again, I would like to stress that products like these have different effects on people, and to read what I have said but know how it would interact with your body. This company is close on delivering a big hit for the weight lifting world, they just need to tune some elements for the better.
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10