DMHA [1,5 Dimethylhexylamine] Reviews

By: Loud Muscle Science

DMHA [1,5 Dimethylhexylamine] is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Loud Muscle Science. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

October 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 8 Week Supply
  • Increased Focus
  • Lower Fatigue Rate
  • Barely Effective Alone

Thank you to Loud Muscle Science & SR.com's Trooper Program for sending me a 60-day bottle of DMHA!

Talk to any seasoned bodybuilder & supplement advocate, and they'll tell you about the "good old days". Ask them what pre-workouts we're like in their prime & they'll tell you about the days of Synephrin and DMAA, when they could train for hours on end and still feel as if they have a whole new workout left in the tank. After the crash of DMAA, the media outlets warning all parents to watch over their kids like hawks over supplements they were taking, it was only a matter of time before somebody found a way to mimic those effects in a safer manner. Safe of course, used loosely here. Therefore, DMHA was born, a stimulant that takes a heavy swing at the central nervous system and is the physical equivalent to feeling like "nothing can stop you".

I've used a ton of products with DMHA in their formulas, usually mixed in with a few other stimulants and some nootropic/pump tossed in there for good measure, but when I had the chance to take a DMHA pill, 200mg worth bottled & created by the crew over at Loud Muscle Science, I had to lunge at the opportunity. I used these with a variety of different pre's, intra's, and on it's own, and it never failed to impress. It's only one ingredient though?

Loud Muscle Science's DMHA is strictly that, 200mg of DMHA. The form of DMHA used here is the 1,5 Dimethylhexylamine HCL which is one of the most widely used, outside of that I typically only see 1,3.

If you didn't already know, DMHA is a stimulant. It's not caffeine or caffeine based, but it hits the central nervous system like a train, seeming to kick everything into extreme overdrive. When teamed up with a few other stimulant & cognitive enhancing ingredients, can change your entire workout experience.

A really simple dosing method here, one capsule of DMHA thirty-minutes pre-workout along with your other optional pre-workouts. I took it a step further & took one capsule before work a few times, and also before large work based events where I'd usually go for an energy drink. Just to experience the full extent of the product.

If you've never experienced DMHA before, you're missing out. Oh man, does this stuff get you moving. It doesn't have an initial punch like caffeine or other stimulants have, it instead creeps up on you. About thirty minutes after taking it (along with another stimulant product), you begin to feel the actual energy kick in. It wakes you up, seeming to clear your mind, and puts you almost literally in the game. This is when I really started to fall in love with it, I've taken DMHA plenty of times before but it's usually other ingredients in the product that act as the downer for me. Now I can control the amount, and what I'm taking it with, and with that energy comes strength. It's not an improvement in strength like we see from creatine or a strength based training program, it's the physical energy to apply yourself one hundred percent and move the weight. There's a lot of contributing factors to increasing strength and physical energy is a huge player in it.

As a stand-alone product, there isn't a ton of benefits to taking it. You get an increase in energy, but it's the "feel-good" feeling that comes along with DMHA that helps. Along with the energy comes this overwhelming feeling of motivation and drive, and maybe that's directly linked to the stimulating effects, but I always felt incredible mentally after taking it. I was very positive about all of my lifts, looking forward to the grueling training sessions. I set myself a few PR's within the two months I was using DMHA, and every one of them was significant. It wasn't a few pounds, but 10+ pound increases, and I say they're directly from that "feel-good" feeling and the insane amount of energy I had on it.

There wasn't to much of an advantage taking DMHA outside of the gym, I found myself preferring grabbing an energy drink while out and about. You get a bit of energy but it might have been dumb of me to think it might actually benefit me outside of the weightroom.

Loud Muscle Science directly is one of the only ways to get this DMHA & it's set at an incredible price of $29.75 before shipping. You're getting sixty capsules in a single container, and even if you keep them off to the side for a few days a week, it's a steal for the effectiveness.

Side Effects

DMHA has all kinds of side effect claims from all kinds of people, and outside of a few times where I felt like I was overdoing the stimulants and my heart was racing from sitting still, I didn't experience too many side effects.

Conclusion

Loud Muscle Science's DMHA is an awesome product, when teamed up with a pre-workout. Alone, it's a nice little pick me up on your way to the gym but throw some more stimulants in there with a few nootropic ingredients, and you'll be feeling good. At the price point, I'd keep this in the vitamin pile for those days I really need the boost, and I recommend if you're a fan of DMHA to do the same. A cool little product that'll give you the boost you need, when you need it the most!

6.8
  September 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 8 Week Supply
  • Helps Burn Fat
  • No Jitters
  • Mild Effectiveness In Most Areas

A magical pill that should help you in areas of working out.

First and foremost I would like to thank Loud Muscle Science for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I like DMHA in my workouts and I usually respond well to the ones that have it. I wanted to see how effective it will be alone and if it does make a big difference. I would like to share with you my overall experience ...

Very simple profile ... one main ingredient ... called for short DMHA.

200 mg of 1,5 Dimethylamylhexylamine HCL - This little ingredient can give a lot of benefits while working out ... cognitive effect, feel good effect, block pain and lastly help with burning calories. There are a lot of articles about this ingredient so I suggest that you google it and dive in before thinking of purchasing this item. I don't suggest you take this if you haven't taken DMHA before ... 200mg is as lot and more than what they usually recommend.

Nothing to taste .. one pill 30 minutes before you work out.

I'm assuming that everyone wants to know is DMHA really that good. Personally I'm a fan of DMHA and noticed that one pill can give you a mild boost in most of the areas of a workout. Here is a list of benefits posted on loud muscle website ...

Optimum Muscle Pump
Insane Energy
Increase Body Heat
Expedite Fat Burn
Extreme Focus
High Potency
No Bloating
No Loading Period

The only thing that I did not experience any boost was in the pump area. I have to say that the most benefit that I have experienced personally was in the body heat and fat burn. Every time I took this product alone with out any additional stimulants I was sweating like crazy during cardio. I'm not sure what kind of boost in burning calories you get ... probably very minimal but the amount of sweat alone was impressive enough for me to believe that it might have a considerate benefit in calories burned. There was a very mild increase in energy while on this product. Of course this product has a very huge synergy with caffeine and other stimulants that would provide a huge cognitive support and minimize the pain threshold .. meaning that you can give out an extra rep while on this since pain feels a little numbed. I have also noticed that this product was giving me a raise in my well being. I was feeling really good when I entered the gym. That feeling is even more enhanced if other cognitive stimulants are added to this like Huperzine A.

In my humble opinion I feel like 30$ for 60 servings which comes out to 50 cents per serving is a bit high .The reason for that would be that I would usually take this with a preworkout and it would just add up. I think that a lot of preworkouts out there have DMHA already included in them and it would be more beneficial to just find a preworkout that has all the ingredients you would want plus DMHA and save on the bundle.

Side Effects

The only thing that I felt that would be a little uncomfortable was the extra excess of sweating. Although, that is something that most of us want to do anyways in the gym. So it depends on what your expectations are. Some probably (like me) savior the fact that I'm sweating while doing cardio and some would probably feel uncomfortable. To each his own but please make a note of it before deciding.

Conclusion

I personally like the effect of this product and would probably add this to any preworkout that would not have DHMA included in them. This could also be taken alone but I feel that the effects didn't have as big of a impact as a sole ingredient. If you only interested in doing cardio and want to loose weight than this would be a very ideal companion for your trips to the gym. If you want to lift and do cardio than I suggest you get a preworkout that has DMHA as one of the ingredients or take this additionally if your preworkout is missing it. I'm impressed with the DMHA but not that much by the price. I thank you for reading my review and wish you a wonderful day.

May 25, 2018

• No Jitters

Hello all. I like to give a little background about myself before these reviews so you all know how the supplement is being used. I am a colligate triathlete competing on my school's team. I took Loud Muscles DMHA before our lifts and before hard short intensive bike workouts. I kept off of it for the longer endurance workouts just because I wasn't sure how my body would react to the supplement.

Alright, I always start this off by saying I'm not a scientist or a nutritionist and get all my information from google and reading the bottle.

This is a single ingredient supplement. DMHA has been looked to as a substitute for the now banned DMAA which was considered too strong and is currently pretty hard to get your hands on it. DMHA (or octrodine) is used to enhance energy levels, enhance cognitive function, and decrease appetite. It also delays muscle fatigue. So DMHA is relatively new to the supplements world compared to other supps and has a lot of mixed reviews online, however, I had no problems when taking it. It's starting to pop up more and more in different pre-workouts I've noticed.

The supplement comes in the form of a pill with each one containing 200mg of DMHA. I would take one on my way to the gym while drinking a pre-workout or bang energy that does not contain any DMHA. The pill didn't have much of a taste for me as it should.

During my workout, I would always get to a point when I could feel this supplement. Unlike with beta-alanine, you don't get a tingly feeling, however, when taking DMHA dopamine is released and you receive this feel-good feeling. It's hard to explain but I would always hit a point during my lifts or ride where it felt like my natural limit of fatigue was hit and then the pill takes over. It's hard to say how much of this is actually the pill and how much is a placebo though. I also took the pill a few times on its own without a pre-workout to fully test its ability and I did not get a big rush of energy without the caffeine and other ingredients that come with your more traditional pre-workout, but then again they do recommend pairing the two on the bottle.

The bottle contains 60 pills for about $30. This is great value for what your receiving and will last you a solid two months. 200mg is on the heavy side for dosage so you really couldn't get a better bang for your buck.

Side Effects

I didn't feel any side effect when lifting or biking.

Conclusion

Huge thank you to Loud Muscel Science for sending out their product to be reviewed. I wasn't expecting much from a single pill but this ingredient really surprised me. If you've never given DMHA a try it might be worth checking out and adding to your cabinet of supps. If you have any questions make sure to drop a comment.

March 14, 2018

• Lower Fatigue Rate
    • Not Very Effective
    • Failed To Live Up To Claims

Here's a shout out to Loud Mouth Science for giving me the opportunity to review this. I had some pretty high hopes for this supplement. I work out right after work so I'm usually to the gym at about 6pm. I would take this as I was leaving work at 5:45 so it was in the system before I picked up the first plate. I used this for 30 days. On weekends when I was not working out I used this between breakfast and lunch just to see if I could measure this body heat thing. More on that later. I found DMHA to be useful but not boostful (see what I did there). I was hoping for a surge of "insane energy" but was let down a bit on that. So, let looks at Loud Mouth's (I love that name) DMHA

So what's the ingredients in DMHA? .....DMHA....

Octodrine (as it's commonly referred to) is a psychoactive central nervous system stimulant that occurs naturally in the world, but, because of an easily mimicked molecular structure is commonly synthesized in lab for our body building pleasure to replace its banned cousin DMAA.

***Isuma's Interesting Fact Of The Day*** - Octodrine, in it's natural form, was used in the early 50's to clear congestion in the sinuses. The more you know!

DMHA is becoming popular because it not only super charges your nervous system but it fades your bodies perception of pain and fatigue, kind of like taking the safeties off your muscles. It will also increase bronchodilation (expand your air passages and increase oxygen uptake) and cognitive function along with turbocharging your metabolism. Basically this substance will prime your body to perform at the top of its physical limits. On one hand the ability to do this allows you to perform harder and longer in your work outs. The catch is if used carelessly you could end up over training fairly easily. While it's doing this it will signal your body to produce both dopamine and noradrenaline in higher quantities adding to your "feel good" feeling.

Anybody else think this sounds like the precursor to LSD? I digress...

Pop the top and take a pill. If you keep the pill in your mouth long enough it tastes fairly terrible but that's easily remedied. The studies performed thus far on this substance says when taken orally to dose 100-150mg. Loud Mouth has put a whopping 200mg in every capsule.

This is where my let down was. For all it's hype and amazeballs science DMHA was a far cry from "mind blowing energy". I don't think this has much to do with LMS because they dosed this product higher than what the good doc's say to. I think this may be a personal battle between me and the substance DMHA. I could tell that I had taken it and I will say that it keep me on a focused level of performance. I didn't get a boost but I didn't fatigue either. Whatever level of energy I had when I took the pill is what I carried with me through my workout.

I did get hungry fairly quickly after taking a pill but I'm not sure if that was an "increase in metabolism" or a "it's been a couple hours so your stomach is empty and reacting with this supplement". Either way it is note worthy that my stomach was growling within a half hour of taking this.

My body temperature? Wasn't totally sure how to measure it so I did it two ways twice a week (once on weekends when I was NOT working out, and once every other Wednesday right after a work out). I did Wednesdays every other week AFTER the work out because I would skip taking the pill on the off week to compare body temp and performance with and without the pill on the same workout. What I found was that DHMA had no significant impact on my temperature. I measure using both a oral thermometer and a laser thermometer (focused on my center mass) we have at work for measuring chimney temperatures.

Now I wasn't expecting more than a degree or two anyways but the largest variation I saw when taking this was about .6 degrees. So...there's that.

I DID notice a elevated state of happiness. Not mind blowing like "OMG I'M SO FRIGGIN HAPPY!!!", more of a "I'm proud of what I'm accomplishing here at the gym, life is going to be alright". Enough to tell me it was there but nothing exceptional.

Thirty smackaroons for 60 pills? That's a good value for any supplement!

Side Effects

Notta.

Conclusion

To be honest guys I'm wondering if I went into this review with too high expectations. I'm a long time lifter and long time user of supplements so I'm not sure if my tolerance is higher and therefore I was expecting too much of this supplement, but I didn't not experience the incredible surge of energy and razor sharp focus and super body temperature and strength increase and massive muscle pumps that it said it would give me. I experienced a lower fatigue rate and a pleasant "I'm proud of myself" feeling later in the game. I'm hoping other reviewer/users find this product more helpful than I did and that maybe I just don't react to DMHA the way the majority might. That being said, based on my experience for the four weeks I took it I cannot rate this product very high.

9.3
      December 18, 2017

• Increased Focus
    • Helps Burn Fat

Yes, family, it's me again. I'm back with another TROOPer review. This time around, it's DMHA from Loud Muscle Science (thanks for supporting the TROOP Program). DMHA has been making a lot of noise over the past year or so as an almost as potent successor to the now-banned DMAA. Like its banned cousin, DMHA can be found in fat burners, energy drinks, and pre workout formulas, but how does it work as a standalone? You're about to find out; keep reading.

Nothing fancy here. The only ingredient is 200 mg of DMHA, or 2 Aminoisoheptane [1,5 Dimethylhexylamine]. So what exactly is DMHA? DMHA, also commonly known as Octodrine and scientifically named Dimethylhexylamine or 2-aminoisoheptane, is a psychoactive central nervous system stimulant with a similar molecular structure to a number of illegal stimulants including AMP Citrate (DMBA), Ephedrine, and the now-illegal DMAA. Structurally, there are 2 forms of DMHA:
      2-amino-6-methylheptane (synthetic)
      2-amino-5-methylheptane (naturally occuring)

The synthetic version of DMHA is much cheaper to produce than the natural version, although the natural version is thought to be stronger and more potent in its mechanism of action. The natural version of DMHA can be found in Juglans Regia Extract (Walnut Bark), Aconitum Kusnezoffii Extract, and also Kigelia Africana Extract. Loud Muscle Science uses the more expensive natural version.

DMHA carries out a variety of similar functions to other psychoactive central nervous system stimulants, including enhancing energy levels, enhancing cognitive function, decreasing appetite and improving bronchodilation. DMHA has also been shown to increase levels of dopamine and noradrenaline; two hormones responsible for making you "feel good" and allowing you to perform in stressful situations.

In addition, users of DMHA have reported a higher pain threshold and a decreased rate of perceived exertion, thus allowing workouts to extend beyond the point of fatigue. The combination of effects experienced when using DMHA provide the ultimate support for workouts, hence its increased inclusion in a variety of performance based supplements on the market.

Dose: for DMHA, 100-150mg orally seems to be the sweet spot, comparable to 35-50mg DMAA, but still a bit weaker. For the more potent 2-amino-5-methylheptane, ~75mg is said to be closer to the sweet spot. As stated earlier, LMS uses 200 mg per capsule for their version.

The label recommends one capsule per day (200 mg) 30-45 minutes prior to working out, not to exceed more than one capsule per day. There are 60 small white capsules, making this product good for an 8 week cycle.

Although DMHA is supposed to be slightly weaker than its DMAA counterpart (about 80% as strong), it exerted some pretty positive effects on me, both mentally and physically.

LMS claims that DMHA can achieve the following:

Optimum Muscle Pump
      Insane Energy
      Increase Body Heat
      Expedite Fat Burn
      Extreme Focus
      Dramatic Vascularity
      Increase Strength

I can honestly say that DMHA delivered on almost all of those claims, with the exception of Optimum Muscle Pump and Increase Body Heat. My level of energy was amazing on this product. I didn't feel overly wired, but it's like I had tapped into my energy stores and prolonged my workouts. It was a steady, clean energy surge, with a slow, steady back to normal period. I definitely lost some fat around my midsection and tightened up around my shoulders and chest area. My focus was definitely on point, I had increased vascularity, especially around my biceps and forearms, and my strength went up slightly; I added about 10 pounds to all of my lifts. It also helped clear my sinuses. Finally, I really felt good during this run. DMHA feels like a nootropic.

Loud Muscle's DMHA can be found on Amazon, eBay, and various other sites for less than 30 bucks. This represents an outstanding value, considering the fact you're getting an 8 week supply of a supplement that truly works well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

LMS nailed it with this product. They didn't go the route of s o many other companies-underdosing the product and forcing the customer to buy additional bottles. Although literature says that 75 mg may be DMHA's sweet spot, 200 mg felt great; I really don't think that it was overkill. Without a doubt, this is going to be a regular part of my supplement arsenal.