Omega-D3 Reviews

By: LiveLong Nutrition

Omega-D3 is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by LiveLong Nutrition. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to LiveLong Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Healthy Bones And Heart
  • No Burps
  • Added Vitamin D
  • Would Like Vit D To Be Higher.
Well I had been slipping on my fish oil intake and Vitamin D. Two things that I do try to always take. A lot of people take fish oil, but a lot will look over the importance of Vitamin D. So I jumped on the chance to get both in one pill. Livelong nutrition has a great selection of supplements.

Profile
Other Fatty Acids
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Daily Value (DV) Not Established
Other Ingredients:
Gelatin, Vegetable Glycerin., Contains <2% of: Corn Oil, Mixed Natural Tocopherols, Natural Caramel Color, Purified Water.

Now we all know that fish oil is good for Heart health, Skin, joints and several other goodies, But some do not know how important Vitamin D is. It is surprising that some think it is just something you get when you are getting a good tan on. Which is true but Studies show that with a active life like most of us into a lifestyle of fitness we can quickly drain our Vitamin D storage.
It helps the intestine absorb nutrients, including calcium and phosphorus. This ensures strong bones and a strong immune system.
It can also help reduce the risk of getting Rickets. ( Something I did not know )
Vitamin D provides calcium balance in the body that prevents osteoporosis or arthritis.
Vitamin D regulates blood pressure, reduces stress and tension, relieves body aches and pains by reducing muscle spasms, reduces respiratory infections, helps in differentiation of the cells, aids in insulin secretion, helps fight depression, improves overall skin health by reducing wrinkles, makes skin soft, strong, and smooth, and improves cardiovascular strength by providing a protective lining for the blood vessels. Can also help with Kidney function and the list goes on and on to be honest.
Now the amount of IU's needed is varied, Most studies will show 2000- 5000 IUs a day, More or less can be needed depending on so many variables its crazy. But from what I read 5000 IU is a good one to stick with for active males. One reason I liked this is it is also shown to help with libido and test levels. So guys get your D on!

Okay so enough of the rambling on.

Taste and Dosing 10
These are fish oil pills and if you have ever had ones that give you those burbs you will enjoy these. Because they never gave me any type of hint of that. Easy to swallow and tasteless 3 pills a day is what I stuck with.

Effectiveness 9
I really liked these and never missed a dose. I could tell about one week into these that my skin was looking better, ( not as oily ) , my joints was feeling a lot better and I was actually hitting my heavier bench with not much pain. I was also taking this during my Halo PH run and it was something that would dry my joints out, Which toward the end after bumping the dose up , I still had some joint stiffness coming back. But for the most part this is a great Staple supplement.

Value 9
Right now on BB.com they have the 100 serving for 21.95 or the Buy two get one free for 44$ bucks , I feel this is not a bad deal if you consider the No burp issues and the added Vitamin D. Because most will not buy or take Vitamin D alone. Having it already added in there is only going to benefit you.

Overall 8
Overall I would like to have seen the Dose of the vitamin D higher , but overall it works and easy to use and take.
Huge thanks to Livelong, I will look into getting more things from them here on out.