5 Lox Inhibitor Reviews

By: Life Extension

5 Lox Inhibitor is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Life Extension. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Trademarked Extract
  • Easy To Swallow

I'm a competing powerlifter and I am a big fan of high frequency training. For me, it has yielded the fastest progress for my bench and my squat (deads, not so much). I also like training heavy. Heavy + high frequency can be a bit much for my joints sometimes, so I do use joint support products when they are starting to feel achy. I haven't used any comprehensive joint products yet. Instead, I've been trying out different supplements one at a time to see what works for me. I have also tried MSM, cissus, and mega dosing fish oil.

There's only one ingredient here, bosweilla serrata. Bosweilla serrata is a gum resin that comes out of a tree. It originated in ancient Indian medicine (hence it's an Ayurvedic herb) and has also been used in Chinese Medicine, through out the Middle East, etc.

Bosweilla is an anti-inflammatory, has been known to help with osteoarthritis, edema, and may have anti-cancer effects (this needs more extensive research). It's fairly non-toxic and it's starting to appear in comprehensive joint support products.

However, 5-Lox Inhibitor is not just any bosweilla serrata product. This is Apres Flex, which is a trademarked form of bosweilla. It has been standardized to 20% AKBA (the active ingredient in the resin). 20% is ideal for joint support. Some products contain 30% AKBA, but 20% has outperformed 30% in studies.

Long story short, this is what you want. Bosweilla has been known to help with

Unfortunately, a lot of companies sell the junk part of the plant in their supplements, and since it's all called bosweilla, you don't necessarily know what you are buying. Here, Life Extension is offering a trademarked form, so you know exactly what it is, and it is the good stuff.

No taste or mixibility issues here. Just one small pill for you to take your first meal of the day. 1 pill is 100mg which is the lowest effective dose for a standardized extract. If you have the raw resin, you would need a lot more (around 1800mg to start). It's recommended that you start with 100mg and only increase it if you don't find relief with just one pill.

This was just great. I noticed improvement with my elbows and shoulders right away, within a few days of starting to take it. My joints never hurt enough for me to stop lifting. It was a nagging pain that would just annoy me when I had a lot of bench sets or skull crushers. I'd say it was a 3-3.5 on the pain scale. With this product, the nagging pains were gone. If you are having more pain than that, I recommend you give your body a break (or perhaps see a specialist) vs. looking for a supplement.

I went right through the bottle, and I liked it so much that I ordered 3 more. I just got my mom to start taking it to see if it helps with her knee; she's had ongoing problems with it, but the jury is still out on that one.

I think this is priced very fairly. It's around $14 for 60 capsules, which for me is enough for 60 days. You will find cheaper bosweilla products from other brands ($13 for 90 servings, $20 for 120 servings), however they are not trademarked, and they do not tell you how much AKBA is present.

Assuming that their bosweilla is in its raw state vs. being standardized for more AKBA (and I think that's a fair assumption because if it were more concentrated- they would tell you that, they would charge more, and their serving size wouldn't be 500mg), you would need 3-4 pills instead of one to get an effective dose, and what was a cheaper product is now twice as expensive.

It's not worth it. 5 Lox Inhibitor is where it's at.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I know, I know, I could just lift less often to give my joints a break, but what can I say? I'm addicted to the iron. This stuff helps. It's worth a shot if joint support is of interest to you.

• sergiosays
      March 30, 2017

being seeking out a joint supp. will look into this. nice review!

• Momo1
      March 30, 2017

I have used 5 Lox Inhibitor for about 6 months from Life Extension, along with their Omega Fish Oil for a good I, 2 Punch; good detail on your review.

• Italy48
      March 30, 2017

Great info. I may have to give this a try for the pain in my left elbow area.

• mhseaver670
      March 30, 2017

Have you tried other life extention products? We sell them here locally and I hear they are good quality stuff, but being sold at a pharmacy or doctor I thought it was just a gimmick thing. Thanks for the review. Keep it up.

• Momo1
      March 31, 2017

@mhseaver670 - I have used Life Extension products for over 5 years now and they are the real deal. I even have my Dad on their daily vitamin.

• mhseaver670
      March 31, 2017

Thank you momo. I know my trt doctor swears by them, but like I said. I just figured it was a benefit for him to sell them. Lord knows he makes enough from his anti aging clinic anyways ha.

• smashley23
      March 31, 2017

I just got Life Extension's Bio Curcumin, so I'll review that once I'm done with the bottle. From what I've seen their products are of a good quality and are well dosed.

• bzyczek
      April 3, 2017

Nice review thank you for the knowledge
      FYI I don't get this sentence ... "Long story short, this is what you want. Bosweilla has been known to help with " is it not finished?

• smashley23
      April 3, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-04-03 13:33:52

That sentence does cut off. I think I meant to delete it.