The Complete Cookie Reviews

By: Lenny & Larry's

Protein > Other Protein
The Complete Cookie is an Alternative Protein Supplement manufactured by Lenny & Larry's. It provides additional dietary proteins that can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

January 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Plenty Flavors
  • Natural Ingredients
  • Carb Heavy

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

You have probably all heard of the Lenny and Larry cookie by now. I am surprised there are not more reviews on this. Anyway, I really prefer these to most protein bars on the market. Most of the time, you will find many questionable/low-quality ingredients in protein bars and they are pretty expensive on top of that. L&L cookies contain no soy, artificial ingredients, sugar alcohols, are vegan, kosher, and non-GMO. These do contain gluten, so if you follow a gluten free diet, unfortunately these are not for you. With that said, I think these still appeal to a wide range of people who are looking for healthier alternatives to snacks.

The macro profiles range a bit on the flavor of cookie you consume, but a serving (for the chocolate chip cookie) is 180 calories with 6 g fat, 24 g of carbs--4 of which are fiber and 14 are sugars--and 8 g of protein. However, note that is a half of the 4 ounce cookie. Obviously double that if you eat the whole thing. The protein found in the cookies come from pea protein isolate, brown rice protein, and wheat gluten.

Taste 10/10

So far I have bought every flavor I have seen at my local Walmart (chocolate chip, snickerdoodle, white chocolate macadamia, and double chocolate). I have not yet had one that I did not truly enjoy. They offer plenty more flavors and would like to try all of them if I come across them. The texture on these are on the softer/chewier size but they do not crumble easily or anything like that. Definitely feels like a well made cookie. All cookies I have tried are the 4 ounce cookies so that is what I am basing my review off of. L&L also now makes a smaller 2 ounce cookie, but I have read that the 2 ounce cookies do not taste as well as the 4 ounce. People have stated that the 2 ounce cookies are thinner and therefore more dry. Again, I have not tried the 2 ounce, so take that with a grain of salt.

The macro profile is not the greatest because it is pretty carb heavy and contains a lot of sugars, but it is a cookie after all. I guess it is pretty well-rounded profile and could even be used on a cut as a snack if you can restrain yourself and eat just half of it at a time. I have been using these as a treat right after my Friday workout. I always look forward to them and they provide me with carbs and protein right after a workout. Since I am not really too concerned with calories currently, I have been eating the whole thing. I just have it packed in my gym bag on Fridays and eat it as I am walking out of the gym. These never gave me any trouble digestion wise and I would still be able to eat dinner after. On the other hand, these could have held me over for probably 2-3 after until I had to eat. Fridays is when I get my haircut after the gym, so that is one of the reasons why I chose to consume these on Fridays.

I mentioned earlier I have picked these up at Walmart and is really the only place I have seen them in-store. As far as I know, Walmart is nation-wide, so these should be pretty easy to get your hands on. For a box of four 4 ounce cookies, I paid $6 for them. I think that is a really good value for a profile like this with high-quality ingredients. Per cookie that runs you $1.50 per, which I do not mind paying. If you want to get technical, it comes out to $0.75 a serving. Most protein bars usually will cost anywhere from $1.50-$2+ and contain many questionable and artificial ingredients. The L&L website offers the 2 ounce cookies and their full range of flavors. They also offer a variety pack so you can try most of the cookies they offer. You will have to pay a bit more on their website though.

Side Effects

None. Could be a cut killer if you do not restrain yourself though. lol

Conclusion

Definitely give these a shot if you have not done so already. You should be able to find a flavor that you like at an affordable price. If you enjoy snacks as much as I do, this provides you with a win-win.

July 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Plenty Flavors
  • Natural Ingredients
  • Carb Heavy

I was a little shocked that there was not already a review on these, but i'll start it off by saying these are my go to for sweet tooth cravings. I eat these whether on a bulk or a cut, but primarily a bulk and you'll see why later. I choose to eat these on a cut because I want most of my carbs immediately post workout, and I don't deny myself cravings when cutting. So I eat these instead of two king size packages of Reeses.

This is based on 1/2 cookie or 1 serving.

calories - 180 (40 from fat)
Fat - 4g (0.5 from mono & Saturated, 0 trans)
Carbs - 27g (4g fiber, 15 sugar)
Protein - 8g (protein blend of pea protein isolate, brown rice protein, and wheat gluten)

So all in all, if eaten at half a cookie, you have an okay amount of protein, a good amount of carbs, at a decent amount of calories. but the taste makes these worth it, and they are vegan and everything these are made with are all natural. The 15g of sugars are from natural sugar, no artificial sweeteners added, basically no B.S. is added into it. So these can be of value to lifters needing a snack or postworkout meal, as well as they are valuable to people who want a healthier alternative to a snack, and it's a quality one at that.

Guys these taste amazing. I've tried every flavor I've seen and have yet to try a bad one. It seems like they have a flavor for every craving you could imagine. Aside from the flavor it's a well made cookie. Doesn't feel like biting into cardboard, no bitter taste or strange aftertaste, these are just an all around good snack. Only downside would be that a serving is half of a cookie, which I can sometimes stick to, but mostly end up scarfing down a whole cookie. If I had any complaint it would be that these are a bit carb heavy.

I'll grade the effectiveness based on what I use them for. A snack or for post workout. either way I give it 10/10 considering the calories I could consume eating something else. I like these as a snack because they taste great and kill cravings, and save me on a cut so I don't binge on bad food. My main use for these is post workout when I know I wont be heading straight home to replace the nutrients I just lost. It's handy to take this to the gym with me, then after my workout I get a good source of carbs/proteins/fiber after my lift at a decent amount of calories. These are a perfect post workout in my opinion.

I started off buying these next door to my gym at 2.50 a cookie, not great but if I want it then its not bad. Then my local Wal-Mart started selling them in 4 packs for 6 dollars. 1.50 per cookie isn't too bad to me. But now I just buy the smaller 12 packs online for around $12, I find that value to be incredibly good when used as a post workout or healthier alternative to a snack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

These are a must try if you have a sweet tooth. It's quality, not quite healthy, but a healthier alternative, that taste amazing. Give em a try for a snack or post lift like I do and see if you get hooked too.