RECHARGE Reviews

By: Legion Supplements

RECHARGE is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Legion Supplements. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

July 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Strength

Sorry about the title but I am so pissed about the internet. I recently switched up training programs to the BioGrow Lean Mass training program which is a rather intensive 6 day program with about 40 sets per day. I was more than happy to add this recovery product to my regimen to combat the new found soreness I was experiencing with this product.

This is a simple creatine based product with 5 grams of creatine, 2.1 grams of L Carnitine L Tartrate, and 10.5mg of Corosolic Acid. The creatine helps with ATP production, strength, recovery, muscle growth, endurance, ect. The LCLT helps with endurance, recovery, decreasing workout induced muscle soreness, and increases insulin sensitivity. The Corosolic Acid enhances blood glucose mobility which allows more carbohydrates to be shuttled to the muscles for increased recovery post workout.

Overall I think that this ingredient profile is more than adequate with the nice addition of LCLT and Corosolic acid, all of which are effectively dosed.

The fruit punch taste was very easy to drink. Not too strong which I prefer for a post workout drink. The mixability was ok but not great. Some floating occurred but nothing I couldn't shake the crap out of. The dosing was an easy single small scoop but I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was a 60 serving tub rather than the generic 30.

I found the reduced soreness and recovery aspect of this product to work noticeably well. With switching up programs I can expect a new wave of soreness as my body adjusts to the new routine. This product helped with that aspect and I felt like it lent itself to quicker post workout recovery as well as workout endurance and muscle fullness.

The workout endurance was probably noticed the first week. I don't know if it was part switching programs but I felt reinvigorated and able to plug through workouts with more endurance than I had toward the end of my last program.

The overall value of this product was good. You get fully dosed servings and a lot of them. I was able to find this product for around 33 bucks a tub and while this made me cringe at first I was pleasantly surprised to find that this is 60 full servings rather than the usual 30 most product have so you get a full two months out of this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a good product that goes further than a generic creatine supplement. I think the effective doses and the combination of ingredients were well thought out and makes this a nice product to have in your arsenal.
    • Fruit Punch: 8/10

June 20, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Quality Ingredients
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Needs More Flavors

What's up SR another review here. First off thank you Legion Supplements and the TROOP program for letting me try this product. I am using regular creatine mono due to my diet lately and when I saw this I jumped on it. I have since bought a new tub afterwards. Little background which is beyond redundant for anyone that has been on here for longer than two weeks but here it is. I train primarily for strength in the big 3 lifts for powermeets. I work in a very physically intensive environment 60 hours a week. I am constantly on the search for anything that will aid in recovery.

The ingredient profile is one of the simplest ones I have seen on a supplement in a long time. 5 grams of creatine monohydrate which is one of the most researched and proven forms of modern supplmentation. They added carnitine as an absorption agent among other characteristics. Also with Corosolic Acid is known to improve or magnify the effects of post modern carbs. This is great considering the only time I eat carbs is right before bed or post workout.

The taste on this was good. Nothing spectacular but it was pretty good. No mixability issues. The usual foaming would happen which seems to happen with most creatine products. The dosing on this says to take post workout or the biggest meal of your day. With the diet I was on I would take this pre workout and post or just with a protein shake on my off days. The taste went amazing with my orange flavored whey protein from NB.

The effectiveness of this was awesome. When I would drink this post workout I would be able to feel whatever bodypart I trained that day to have a full feeling the rest of the day. I also could tell a noticeable improvement in the recovery aspect of this product. I can always tell if a creatine is good quality when I am dehydrated and I get gnarly foot cramps throughout the day. While taking this my body would let me know right away if I didn't have enough water. With the fullness factor it felt as if I had a dull pump the rest of the day. "A dull pump? WTH is that Patrick?" Meaning that I wasn't walking around with my arms ready to explode but heavier than normal. The following day I wouldn't be as sore as I normally would without it. Even on days I would deadlift heavy with a cat back on accident I wouldn't notice as much soreness as I thought I was going to have. When I took this preworkout it didn't do as well as I would have liked it to but can I dock points for that? Absolutely NOT. They marketed it as a post workout creatine mono drink so me drinking it pre was my fault. I felt bloated and slow, but again I should have followed directions.

$35 for 60 servings sounds great to me! Even though that normal mono is usually insanely cheap and even cheaper than this the difference with these few ingredients I feel make the price on point.

Side Effects

None other than the excessive sweating that comes along with creatine and cramping when not properly hydrated.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this is Legion supplements has made a great post workout creatine mono supplement that more people should hear about. Thanks again guys! Awesome experience! POPS OUT
    • Fruit Punch: 7/10

May 30, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Quality Ingredients
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Needs More Flavors

Per usual, a special thanks to Legion Supplements for their continued support of the SR/TROOPs. Today, I discuss their post workout recovery based formula recharge. I am no stranger when it comes to these types of supplements. Not including general protein and BCAAs supplements I've used MHP's Dark Matter, Myogenix's Aftershock, Biorhythm Afterglow, Advanced Molecular Labs Post Workout, and Nutrabio's Post workout. So, it was an interesting opportunity to give Legion's product a go.

Does it stack up?

No prop blends.....GRRREAT!!!!

Recharge's profile is very simple: Creatine monohydrate at 5g, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate at 2.1g, and corosolic acid at 10.8mg.

Three ingredients, but all with well known benefits that aid in recovery and in other areas. Creatine monohydrate as we know helps build muscle and provide energy through ATP production, LCLT helps the body utilize fat and acts an acid buffer amongf other things, and corosolic acid is derived from banaba leaf and aids in glucose metabolism and carb partitioning.

I'd like the corosolic acid to be a little higher in dosage based on my past experience with this ingredient, but other than that, this is a simple yet solid profile.

You've got two choices: Fruit punch or unflavored.

Naturally, I chose fruit punch. I found it refreshing and pleasantly sweet without being too much so. The product mixed fine in water or sports drinks and I never had problems with undissolved material.

Once I confirmed no adverse reactions from one scoop, I took two scoops post workout and did so throughout my usage with recharge. Some maybe contempt with one scoop, so be sure you test it out at one scoop first.

When I use a post workout supplement, I primarily look for reduced DOMS both post workout and in the following days. I also anlyze how well it enables me to be ready for the next workout.

At two scoops, I found my DOMS throughout the week to be much less. Muscle soreness, even after high intensity workout stints, was nearly non existent. I also felt a good overall pump and better integrity in my physique. In the following days, I had more energy and felt more primed and focused to take on the next workout. I had little to no previous workout related lethargy and I continuously felt just as refreshed to take on the next challenges as I did in each preceding day. It was almost like each day before was a rest day.

In summary, Recharge does in fact Recharge.

Each tub comes with a total of 60 servings. The cheapest price I was able to find for Recharge was about 34 dollars. Considering you get a generous amount of servings even if you're a two scooper, I'd say that is a very good price. This is especially considering the products efficacy.

Side Effects

Side note: Since this had creatine monohydrate, ensure your getting in plenty of water.

Conclusion

In a market where Post workouts are aplenty, Recharge earns its top spot in the post workout supplementation category in my book. Three simple ingredients are enough to truly recharge your batteries so that you are continuously ready to dominate each and every workout. Just be sure to assess yourself with one scoop before possibly going to two.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!!

FREE BRADY!!!
    • Fruit Punch: 8/10

May 26, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Recovery
    • Strength

This is my second of three Legion Supplement reviews. In my first review I saw good results with Whey+ Protein Powder so I had big expectations for Recharge. Recharge is considered a Muscle Growth & Recovery Formula with three main ingredients. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on Strength training.

The first thing I noticed was seeing only three main ingredients, however they were all clinically dosed. Per serving you get 5G of Creatine Monohydrate, 2.1G L-Carnitine L-Tartrate and 10.5mg of Corosolic Acid. Each ingredient works in conjunction with each other. Just about everyone knows what Creatine Monohydrate does - Helps build muscle & strength. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate is an amino acid produced within our bodies and is effective in assisting recovery. Corosolic Acid helps with control of glucose within our blood.

Taste - For this review I received the Fruit Punch flavor which is one of two flavors (unflavored the other). The taste is a watered down fruit punch flavored but this was expected with Legion Supplements using natural flavoring. Taste - 7/10

Mixability - The mixability wasn't bad, there was some settlement and graininess from the creatine if it wasn't shaken up for a while. This was also expected, there were no other issues to note. 7/10

Dosing - Overall the dosing protocol was very easy to follow: Mix 1 scoop of Recharge in water or juice and consume with your post-workout meal. I included a scoop on non-training days with my morning meal.

In terms of effectiveness this product was very solid helping me with strength & recovery. Over the duration I noticed my strength increase by the added weight and reps I got on the big three exercises. I noticed increases of 5-7lbs on my maxes using Recharge along with a strict diet. The recovery aspect was noticeably effect in terms of speed. I felt a noticeable difference the next day when I'm usually really sore from training. The soreness went away for the most part but it didn't totally go away.

The best value I could find for Recharge was on the Legion Supplements website for $27.95. Getting 60 servings your going to pay around .47 cents per serving. This is a great value for this product considering the fully disclosed label and clinical dosages you are getting. Overall I'm giving this value a 9/10

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I was very impressed with Recharge in the aspects of strength and recovery. I'd definitely recommend this product to everyone especially at the 20% off price Legion Supplements has on this. I want to thank Legion Supplements for giving me another opportunity to review their products.
      • Fruit Punch: 7/10

January 28, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Recovery
      • Quality Ingredients
      • No Proprietary Blends

Hello all. This review is on Legion's RECHARGE, which is a post workout supplement designed to help with muscle gains and recovery through the use of the primary ingredient creatine monohydrate (CM). I've been eyeballing Legion's supps for awhile since I see their advertisements everywhere and claims on the use of all natural CM. I finished the use of this in December, so it was taken during a month of bulking into about 3 weeks of my cutting cycle. Did this supp live up to its hype? Here's my personal review on this post workout supp.

Note: They don't have this product listed on here yet surprisingly along with the rest of their supp line with the exception of PULSE...

The ingredient profile is simple and fully disclosed when it comes to the active ingredients, but the "other ingredients" section is not disclosed. They are not really THAT important to know, but I've seen people post on the net that it has fully disclosed ingredients, which I consider is everything being put into my body. But I digress...

The simplicity of having 3 active ingredients may turn away some peeps, but I think if a brand is capable of working with the bare minimum then it's pretty legit. Sure it's a CM, but we've seen some crazy looking proprietary blends being used to cover underdosed ingredients. Here's a little bit of the details for this supps ingredients:

Note: 1,000mg = 1g

Creatine Monohydrate 5g - Ingredient that helps out with alot of things such as recovery, strength, and growth. CM has plenty of research that shows it is effective for most people who exercise and diet properly. The dosage is pretty good for post workout needs and meets around 20-25% of what a person benefits from daily.

L-Carnitine L-Tartrate 2.1g - This ingredient is meant for helping with muscle recovery and testosterone uptake. The dosage provided suffices for the daily amount most active people would benefit from.

Corosolic Acid 10.8mg - Helps with glucose regulation and your metabolism. Basically for this supp it's for carbohydrate absorption post workout. The dosage provided is spot on with the researches that indicate its effectiveness.

All ingredients are from natural sources and are relatively safe for most consumers unless used improperly...

The taste really isn't too bad although I usually prefer taking capsules over powders. Was a tad bit grainy and had a bitter after taste common with creatine powders. After the taste test I used the rest if this supplement combined with my post workout protein shake to take care of both things at once, and Legion recommends it anyways. The dosing is just one scoop daily after a workout OR the largest meal of a non-training day. Basically this is recommended for day to day use regardless if you train that day or not.

I was pretty impressed with the results of this supp. Recovery time seemed to speed up and the next day soreness was to a minimum, which is pretty good considering you can't really inhibit all muscle soreness following training. Even while going to bed I didn't feel restless especially after a leg training day. I imagine that the supplement began to work around the 3-4 hour mark after my workout since this is the time frame soreness began to drop at a heightened rate compared to just using a protein powder post workout. But I can't honestly state this is 100% correct.

Muscle growth wise I did see some gains (mainly bulking of course) but it was nothing outstanding when measuring various parts of my frame. Basically this was an effective supplement for what is to be expected of a quality CM product, but the hype on all the gains and stuff is a little much.

I feel the value was pretty fair for the servings provided and quality of the ingredients. The container has 60 servings which you use once daily, so you're looking at about 2 months of supplementation. The price I purchased it for was $35.00 on Amazon, but the listing price shown is $45.00, which I feel still isn't bad at all still. You're looking at around $0.58-$0.75 per serving depending on the price you find it at. Anything below this would be an even further sale price than usual.

Side Effects

No side effects here. The ingredients are pretty legit and not harmful for most people when taken correctly.

Conclusion

I'd recommend this to anybody that wants a little more recovery benefits post workout. Don't really expect any amazing muscle gains or anything, but the ingredients provided are at effective dosages for what's needed to get ready for the next training day. The price is pretty good and not really going to hurt your pockets too badly.