GENESIS Reviews

By: Legion Supplements

GENESIS is an Immune System Product manufactured by Legion Supplements. It is designed to improve immune system health and function.

October 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Provides A Lot Of Natural Nutrients
  • For An All Natural Greens Formula Actually Tastes Okay
  • Nice Libido Boost
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Effectively Dosed
  • Did Not Help Immune System
  • Got My Wife Pregnant

As always a big thank you to supplementreviews.com and Legion Supplements for offering and participating in the TROOPER program. I appreciate getting to try this unique product for free in exchange for an honest review. I apologize for the tardiness of this review but I'm not going to offer an excuse because those are like buttholes. Everybody has one.

I think it's safe to say that most of us do not eat enough fruits and especially veggies every day. I know I don't. Given that many studies have shown eating lots of fruits and veggies will literally help us live longer, healthier lives it's really something we should all take a little more interest in. I often use a Superfoods powder of some type to help make up the difference. However, Genesis is a little different than your typical Superfoods and that's why it caught my eye. It's really more than just a Superfoods formula, as it tries to address some other specific concerns besides the typical antioxidants, phytonutrients, and vitamins.

Over the years I've tried a lot of supplements, including many different Superfoods/Greens formulas. Most of them are pretty much all the same. They have a hundred different ingredients in big proprietary blends. This one really caught my eye because it's different. It's just a few ingredients with large, disclosed doses. I'm not going to get into all of them specifically because I am not an expert on any of them but the website tells me they were all chosen based on clinical research and effective doses.

I am familiar with Spirulina and know that it's a algae that is super rich in Phytonutrients. Maca should be another ingredient familiar to many of us as it is in a lot of test boosters. It's there for libido and natural energy. I also liked that I saw Astragalus as I have had many people over the years tell me it's really good for immune function and I have always wanted to try it. I know the mushrooms are good for you too but I can't tell you why. They're probably better for you than the ones that make you trip balls, probably. I suggest if you really want to delve deep into the ingredients check out the website. It goes quite in depth on everything.

For me it was enough to see quite a few things I know are supposed to be good for me in good doses and extracts.

I'm yet to truly encounter any Superfoods formula that really tastes good or that I would say I actually want to drink. Genesis doesn't try to hide behind a flavoring either. It just has some Stevia to sweeten it up a bit. That said, Genesis was actually better than most. At first I tried to hide it in a protein shake or smoothie, but it just made anything I put it in taste super weird. So I ended up just taking it straight, first thing in the morning. 1 scoop seemed like a lot so most of the time I used about 3/4 of a scoop in 8oz of water. Once I got used to it, it was fine. Although I didn't enjoy the flavor I didn't have to choke it down or try not to throw up afterwards or anything like that and I didn't dread having to drink it every day. I also really liked that it wasn't gritty. Grit bothers me more than taste.

Genesis does make a few claims on the front label; energy, well being, anti anxiety, vitality, and immunity. Besides the general "greens being good for your health" thing, I was really hoping this would help with my immune function. My wife is in school getting her degree in Early Childhood Ed. So between germs from people in class and the babies and children she works with I am literally ALWAYS sick to some degree. I don't even remember what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose or without coughing anymore. I already take a probiotic and vitamins but obviously that isn't working. Unfortunately, I didn't really see any improvement while on this product, but these things take time to work and I was already sick when I started taking it. So I'm not convinced it was a fair shake for Genesis.

I did get a nice libido boost from the Maca so the vitality claim was in force. I'm not sure that this was a good thing though for two reasons. One, I was horny and couldn't get any very often, which was frustrating (like high school!!!). Two, when I did get some I got my wife pregnant. Which is not a bad thing overall, but it was LITERALLY the first try. I was kinda hoping it would take awhile so I wouldn't have a new baby right at the beginning of summer next year and have my summer ruined. Oh well.

Energy/Well Being was a bit of a miss for me too. However, I've never noticed energy from any products other that stimulants. Like B12 doesn't do anything for me or vitamins or natural products. So again, energy wasn't really my primary concern and it's probably not Genesis's fault. I bet if you respond well to "natural" energy enhancers you would probably get something from it. I respond really well to 300mg of caffeine so I'm going to stick with my Bang when I want energy.

I was also curious to see if I noticed any anti anxiety effects as I do suffer from anxiety. Well I didn't, but I still think it's a good product!

Overall, I thought the product was really effective. Good ingredients at good doses makes a winning formula. The quality of the raw ingredients and overall product seemed high as well. It gave me the nutrients I feel I was lacking and that was my main concern. The other things were secondary.

You can find this for $40 direct from Legion Supplements or on Amazon. $1.30 per serving isn't too bad considering the disclosed ingredients and their potency. If you use a little less than a serving a day like I did it will last you nearly two months and improves the value even more. I truly don't mind paying for a product that tells me exactly what I'm getting. I'm likely to buy this in the future.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So, I really just wanted something that was going to make me feel better about not eating perfect, give me a lot of nutrients that will help me live longer, and was, of course, of good quality and dosage. I feel like Genesis delivered on that front. I have never been of the opinion that you have to FEEL something for it to be working. Just because you don't feel it doesn't mean it isn't good and beneficial to you. People don't eat Blueberries and be all like, "oh man, I can FEEL THEM WORKING!!!!!". But we all know they're good for us. So if you want to get more whole food nutrients into your life, give Genesis a try!

June 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Detox The Body
  • Boosts Immune System
  • Awful Taste
  • Gas Effect

Hello SR. Here to review a greens based supplement powder. First I would like to thank Legion Supplements for sending this out, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I'm honestly not the biggest veggie eater, and when supplements like this pop up I'm always willing to give them a go. Overall Genesis was a decent supplement, but tasted terrible (which was expected with a greens powder) and is a bit pricey. More on this in the review.

The ingredient profile is pretty solid. The noticeable ingredient for me is the 5g's of organic spirulina plant powder, which offers our body several nutrients and benefits on its own. It's even a vegan based protein source allowing each serving of Genesis to contain 4g's of protein. I'm not a vegan or anything, but I do like varying my protein sources so this ingredient was a big plus. However, you can buy organic spirulina on its own for a cheaper price with more servings and grams of it per serving, so we need to look at what else we are paying for.

3g's of astragalus root extract is also within Genesis, which I read about awhile back for its benefits of boosting the immune system and keeping your heart possibly healthier. 2.5g's of reishi mushroom is also within this supplement, which is highly used in Asian countries for promoting good health. I read a few articles on this in the past as well and was pleased to see a nice dose in the serving.

Then you also have powders/extracts from broccoli sprouts, kale, dandelion leaf, maca root, spinach, and a few others. Basically some "superfoods" have been packed into each serving. The profile is not too long with plenty of each ingredient instead of 1g with 50 types of vegetables and herbs.

The taste is honestly terrible, but I wasn't really surprised because if you made your own juice with these as whole vegetables then it would taste like crap too - at least in my opinion since I've forced down some homemade juices to get my daily vegetables in. I know it tastes bad, but I don't feel right hitting the overall rating to hard since the ingredients in this will not taste good unless you consume them whole after being cooked with flavorings lol on another note, it doesn't taste too bad when blended in a fruit juice shake.

Mixing was fine with this supplement. It wasn't grainy but definitely didn't look appealing.

Dosing for me was as recommended on the label, which is 1 scoop daily. I took mine in the morning give my body nutrients before I trained. As I've said previously I hate training fasted, and this did satisfy my body and provide energy as if I had eaten whole food.

So the week I received this product my family had gotten sick with a case of sore throats followed by a mild cold, and the sickness made its way into my body shortly after. Instead of drinking other juices or taking cold medicine, I said what the hell and just used this supplement since the nutrients that come from the foods within this are great for boosting immune support. After a week of use my throat never got too inflamed and the cold symptoms didn't last long at all. Was it from this supplement? I have no way of saying positively 100% unless I used it during another cold, but I do believe this worked for it. The fiber content was good for my digestion also.

The price for this is pretty much a bummer for me because the lowest I found it sold for on Amazon was $37.95, which makes it 30 servings at around a $1.27 per serving. Now, I'm again not going to bash the rating too hard because a few of the ingredients in this are not the cheapest, and I can make the assumption that somebody looking to buy a green foods supplement normally has the money to blow on things like this. Plus if you bought the ingredients to juice/cook then you would need a large quantity plus worry about them spoiling before consumption.

But as a fellow consumer I would like to see this a bit cheaper to where it was a dollar per servings instead. Sad the things that make our body healthier always costs too much whether it be supplements or foods in the grocery store. But I digress.

Side Effects

I was pretty gassy for a few hours after using this. Green foods like these always cause this side effect for me lol

Conclusion

Overall the product really isn't too bad and at least the price isn't extremely high as I've seen other brands selling their products for. You get quality ingredients that promote good health, but only if you are able to stand the taste and continue using the supplement. Thanks for allowing me to review your product Legion Supplements.

June 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Detox The Body
  • Awful Taste
  • Trouble Holding Down

If theres one thing that holds me back in my bodybuilding/fitness journey its my lack of fruits and veggies in my diet mainly veggies. With that being said anytime I see a greens supplement pop up I give it a go.

Unlike a lot of other greens powders, Legion kept this profile pretty short. Ive seen some with what seemed like 50+ ingredients packed into a 20gram scoop. At that concentration how much good are they actually doing. With Genesis you have 9 ingredients in a 22.9 gram scoop I like that with most of them your looking at grams of actual ingredient instead of mg's like with others. The actual list is to the left on the product label, but they included some kind of green for almost every function you would want to help your body with. You have maca root that is supposed to help with libido, Kale and broccoli which are said to help regulate hormone functions. One of my favorites though is the Dandelion Leaf powder, ive always liked dandelion root especially when cutting weight. It really seems to help my body regulate excess sodium and induce a flushing aspect. If you go to Legions website they have a great in depth write up of the purpose of green supplements along with a detailed description of what each ingredient here is for.

Taste, before I claimed this I went and tried to see if I could find a flavor this was in, all I found was on their main page which said this had a vanilla like flavor to it..... It smelled like vanilla slightly but once you mixed it there was no hint of vanilla at all. I can honestly say this is the worst tasting supplement I have ever used. I couldn't use it every day and even took a week hiatus from it one time to give myself some time to forget. I actually puked after drinking this on a few occasions. The mixing was pretty good thank god, because a clump of this stuff would have made me lose it. I tried dosing this in the morning, I tried mixing it alone with water, with a chocolate protein shake, vanilla, and even a fruit flavored one. Still no better tasting.

After I was able to stop being nauseous from drinking this I was pleasantly surprised at how well I felt. I felt like I had more energy and my family members even mentioned that my face seemed to have a little more color to it. Im a very pale irish guy so any change in color is pretty noticeable. I didn't notice any difference in my libido from the maca root. The dandelion was noticeable because I seemed to be taking more bathroom breaks during the day. The effectiveness may have been even better if I was able to use this for 30 days straight and keep every dose down, but I just simply couldn't do it. I have a sensitive stomach along with picky taste buds and this product just absolutely assaulted them.

I wasn't able to find ths anywhere except Legions homepage and there it is 39.95 for 30 servings. Most Greens supps are in the $30-35, but they are also usually packed with several underdosed ingredients. If you can hold this down or find something that it mixes with well then I think the price is very fair.

Side Effects

Nausea, upset stomach

Conclusion

Thanks to Legion for sending out their entire line of supplements for us to try out the 1st one I tried was a solid hit and a new favorite. This one was hard for me to rate, because it seemed like it would work quite well if used daily, but everybody has different tastes and experiences. Unfortunately for me I couldn't drink this everyday and hold it down to fully enjoy the benefits it could have produced.

June 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Detox The Body
  • Well Being
Big shout out to the SR Troops family and Legion supplements for this product. I am usually quite a big fan of products that help me supplement fruit and vegetable minerals, because I feel like I am not getting all of the great mineral extracts from not eating enough fruits and veggies. That's why products like this I find to be useful, even if you don't feel it working right away or at all, its good to know that your body is being supplied with a healthy dose of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other extracts that help the body detox and function like a well oiled machine.

=---------------------------------------------=
Ingredients: B+: So the ingredients are pretty straight forward. There is no complex blends, everything is listed pretty clearly on the label. The other thing that I liked is that its not a product that tries to force 1000+ ingredients into its mix. For me the ingredients listed are dosed fairly well, and the kind of ingredients used are top notch.

Maca Root Extract 4:1 1.5g: Wish this was more like 10:1 or my favorite 20:1 but hey I cant complain. Maca Root has been shown to help with libido and blood flow in the body.
Dandelion Leaf Powder- 1g: Dandelion is great because it helps regulate the potassium to sodium ratio in the body. I feel like a lot of us are eating either a ton of sodium or just retaining more water than usual because our bodies are not regulating themselves properly. This helps your body flush out extra sodium so your body can be in constant proper operating mechanism.
Broccoli 500mg: Broccoli is great in flushing the body out of extra estrogen that the body might be making. This helps level out the proper balance of Test to Estro.
Kale and Reishi: Both help with the natural production of test for the body.

=---------------------------------------------=
Taste: D-: EWW, its just plain bad. Look unless youre blending this into a really sweet fruit smoothie its going to taste nasty. It has this green like leaffy unsweetened taste to it. It was really hard drinking this everyday with water. Adding more water did not really help the situation of any kind, just made it more of this stuff to drink. I would have preferred if the company added some Fruit like lemonade flavor. Yes: It might have kept it from being a pure organic like ingredient list, but if you're trying to sell a healthy product that people will drink daily, its hard to drink something that tastes like you saw an ugly girl in the club, grazed her with your body, threw up in your mouth and then proceeded to swallow that back down. Just don't do it.

=---------------------------------------------=
Effectiveness: B+: So the complex worked pretty well for me in some of these instances.

1) More energy. I would commonly drink this in the morning following my breakfast. Since I have cut down on caffeine I always felt very lethargic and tired in the mornings. After taking a serving of this product, about 10 minutes I noticed a nice surge of natural like energy. Its not like a PWO but it felt like my body was waking up and I could think clearly again.

2) Detox: I have no way to test if this really helped my body detox, but I felt more energetic, also my digestion was working a lot better when eating heavy foods. Usually I would feel bloated and or crappy after eating big meals. When taking this product, I felt like my body was working a lot better, like adding ultra clean gasoline to a car. It was digesting the food and just running very smoothly.

3) My overall mood was also a lot better. I felt like I was able to concentrate at work a lot more and I was just feeling great. I guess this came from my body finally kicking all the bad crap out of it and embracing healthy and great ingredients.

4) This did not really do anything much for my libido, but that could also be a test to the suppression I felt on the LGD/RAD cycle.

=---------------------------------------------=
Value: C+: Its about $38 for 30 servings. Now if this product tasted amazing, I would probably bump up the value to a B+ but since it was honestly really hard to take it, I give this product a C+. It works but its a bit pricey imo. You can get a complex multi vitamin with all those extracts for a lot cheaper and have other stuff in there as well.

=---------------------------------------------=
Overall: B+: Overall its a great product if you can stand the taste.