FORTIFY Reviews

By: Legion Supplements

FORTIFY is a Joint Support Product manufactured by Legion Supplements. It is designed to improve and maintain the health of cartilage, tendons and joints in the body.

June 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Anti-inflammatory Properties
  • Less Joint Pain
  • Proper Dosed As A Whole

Hello SR. Next up is my review on a joint support supplement that would probably work for most. First I would like to thank Legion Supplements for allowing me to review your products, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. As I've mentioned in several reviews I have recurring knee joint pains especially in the left knee, and when I see joint supplements available I'm always willing to give them a try if they are from quality brands.

The ingredient profile may not look very eye appealing, but the short list of ingredients are dosed properly to act synergestically with one another. The supplements primary working ingredient is curcumin at 500mg, and is intended to be an anti-inflammatory agent when consumed as a supplement. Grape seed extract at 90mg serves a similar purpose and has several studies showing its benefits against free radicals in the body.

Acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid is the premium ingredient within this supplement that has medical studies showing its benefits for joint pain relief among other benefits. You also have BioPerine for better absorption into the bloodstream, and Undenatured Type 2 Collagen to support less inflammation as well.

No taste to the capsules really and mixability is N/A

Dosing is 2 capsules daily. I consumed them in the morning on an empty stomach and waited 30 mins before I ate any food.

Now, this isn't a miracle drug or anything, but I gave Fortify a great effectiveness rating because I could seriously notice the reduction of pain in my knees especially after I performed squats. Took almost 2 weeks to actually know for sure the supplement was working, but I didn't think it was going to be anything instant anyways. Taking this and quality fish oil seemed to get my joints feeling much better especially when placed under heavy strain. Very well rounded supplement that took away a lot of my knee pains. Not all of it, but most of it.

This is definitely a more premium joint supplement that costs the cheapest on Amazon for $32.25, which is a little over a dollar per serving. This really isn't too bad, but for joint supplements they are usually a bit cheaper. However, the difference with those and Fortify is that Fortify produced really noticeable effects.

Side Effects

No negative side effects

Conclusion

I'd definitely recommend using this supplement if you experience routine joint pain or have "dry" joints. The combination with my fish oil seemed to work very well, but I didn't try it while not using the fish oil. I'm even planning on purchasing a bottle. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement Legion.

June 22, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Anti-inflammatory Properties
    • Less Joint Pain

With starting my summer cut I have been doing a lot of reps and a lot of running for cardio. For me these 2 always end in a nagging old knee injury plus small aches and pains that just come from repetition. I had never heard of LEgion, but all of their products seem to be solid judging by other reviews.

You have 5 ingredients aimed at reducing inflammation and preventing cartilage loss. 10 mg of Undenatured cII collagen, which is a type of collagen that sends your body signals to stop attacking collagen in the body as a foreign substance, which is one of the causes of arthritis and other joint pain. That's really the only ingredient i don't think ive done a lot of research on. All the other ingredients are pretty normal in a joint supplement. Curcumin, Grape Seed extract, and Boswellia serrate. They also threw in Bioperine for absorption purposes.

No taste or nasty burps from this. Smaller easy to swallow capsules that I took 2 of each morning.

2 things for me with joint supplements... Do they work and how fast do they take to notice they are working. I'll start off with the latter. It took about 7-10 days for me to really notice any kind of difference in how I felt overall. For me that's about normal for most supplements in this category. This was one of the better products that I have used for this purpose. My knees had been giving me fits lately, they felt dry and would hurt pretty bad when going for a jog. When squatting I could get about 6-8 reps out before the pain would start to creep in and by 10 I would consider racking and taking a break. Im not going to say Fortify completely healed me, but after about a week I was able to jog with zero pain. I could run and run and I felt great. With squatting and all other leg exercises I noticed a great improvement as well. The pain still started to creep in but it was after close to 12-15 reps.

33.95 on Legions site, that's a little more than other joint supplements I have used but this is also one of the better products I have used. Its on the higher end, but to me there's no issue with a few extra dollars.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This product worked and the only thing I would change would be the length of my overall run. It really started to "kick" around the middle of the 2nd week so the bottle was already halfway gone. I would love to stretch this out to 8-12 weeks and I probably will grab a bottle or 2 soon to see how that goes. As of now it must still be in my system as everything has still felt great over these last few workouts.

June 7, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Anti-inflammatory Properties
      • Less Joint Pain

First off I would like to give Legion Supplements a big Thank you for participating and being active on SR.com! I was training 3-5x per week and I started to feel some discomfort in my left wrist. Well I log into SR one morning and what do I see... a joint supplement. So I immediately look at Legion's website and read the profile on Fortify and what I read convinced me to try it out!

Fortify has 5 ingredients, 2 of them really stood out to me because I had never heard of them:

Undenatured Type II Collagen - Examine.com mentions that subject with no joint pain supplemented with CII and it improved knee range of motion. These subject supplemented 40mg a day for 4 months. Fortify only contains 10mg.

Boswellia Serrata (AKBA) - Basically it is resin from a tree and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for some time now. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has helped individuals with osteoarthritis. According to some research the clinical effective dose ranges between 100mg - 250mg. Fortify has 125mg.

No taste or mixability issue as Fortify comes in capsule form.

Dosing is easy 2 capsules a day; you can take with or without a meal. Legion does mention that for optimal results you should take first thing in the morning. This is exactly what I did; I did miss some doses because I took an unexpected trip and forgot my supplement bag.

Ok, so now onto the main event!

Legion states that you will experience less joint pain & inflammation.

Well as I mentioned at the start my wrist was starting to feel some discomfort when I would lift. I could also see and feel the inflammation on my left wrist. It would get tender and puffy in between the thumb and index finger on the wrist. 1 week into taking Fortify the discomfort was almost nonexistent. My wrist would still get the puffy look, but the discomfort was no longer there. As I continued to take Fortify the inflammation was slowly dissipating. Then I missed some doses and boom here comes the discomfort and inflammation. As soon as I got home from my trip I took a dose and within a few days I felt the discomfort start to dissipate once again and then my bottle was empty! It was a sad day.

I gave them a 7 on value because I do not mind paying $33.95 for Fortify. This was the only price I could find either on their website or on Amazon. On their website you can save 10% if you buy the triple pack. By the way they do offer free shipping on their website, and if you have Prime you can get free 2 day shipping on Amazon.

Side Effects

None whatsoever!

Conclusion

I will buy this in the near future! While taking Fortify I felt exactly what they claim, less joint pain and less inflammation. I will mention that while I was taking this I immediately thought of my Grandma she has rheumatoid arthritis and some other issues; I will buying the triple pack and ask her to talk to her doctor about supplementing with Fortify. I know that this will at least help her feel a tad bit better. I can say I had a great experience with Fortify, I could tell it was working because when I stopped taking it I felt the discomfort and swelling spark up right away!