Lipotropic Protein Reviews

By: LG Sciences

Protein > Blended Protein
Lipotropic Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by LG Sciences. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

May 3, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cost Effective
I began taking this protein because I was looking for a protein powder that had low fat content, low calorie, and high protein content per serving. I was also looking for a fairly low cost protein powder to ease my ailing budget.

Lipotropic Protein Supplement Facts:
Total Carbohydrates 1 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 26 g

I particularly like this protein when looking to follow a really clean diet. I cannot vouch for the "fat burning" claim that this product has as I went from bulking to cutting during the time I was on it anyway. However 115 calories and only 1 gram of fat with 26 grams of protein PER SCOOP makes this an ideal source of protein for when you are trying to keep the calories low while maintaining Optimum protein levels. As mentioned before, this is also a fairly cheap protein powder, as I paid 35 bucks for 5.17 lbs, making a 52 gram (2 scoop) shake cost about a buck.
My only gripe about this product is the taste. My usual protein of choice is Optimum Nutrition, which also has a good protein per serving ratio. The Lipotropic, though, in comparison does not taste as good, although it is bearable. The way I get around this is I mix 1 scoop Lipotropic with 1 scoop ON Casein for my post workout. It balances the taste nicely and gives you a solid 50 grams of protein that will carry you through your post workout anabolic period.

February 18, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cost Effective
  • Less Bloat
  • Less Gas
    I read the reviews first, but still decided to take it for a try and must admit I really like this Protein. I've read elsewhere that they changed the formula for taste and I think that the taste in the chocolate is a heck of a lot better than ON Whey or Pro Performance Whey. Keep in mind this is not BSN Dessert Protein. It kind of has the same Muscle Milk taste and texture. I take three scoops a day one at a time while at work as it's better than scarfing down lots of meat every few hours. As I stated I've used Muscle Milk, ON, and Pro Performance Protein before and this one give me a less gas and no bloat. I haven't noticed any "fat attack" though, but I am in a bulking phase and taking on between 5,000-10,000 cals a day. The cost is amazing. I think it's a heck of a lot better than paying between 35-40 dollars for 5 pounds of Whey. Currently on my second 5 pounder.