AMPitropin Reviews

By: Lecheek Nutrition

AMPitropin is an Energy Supplement manufactured by Lecheek Nutrition. It is designed to improve mental focus and energy.

March 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Energy-lots Of Energy
  • May Cause Neurological Side Effects

Canned Intro Statement (I shall continue to post this until I get bored with it, you can continue to not read it): MMA since high-school, competitor and instructor. Former Certified Personal Trainer through NASM and ACE. Owned my own online supplement store (past tense). Currently in the military (PTL) and I eat Paleo due to a gluten allergy.

This is legitimately one of the best products I have ever used. I don't say that lightly as I rarely consider any product to be above 8ish. I started taking this because I can't drink coffee or soda due to the acid content. This provides an amazing level of energy in just one pill (It's a red pill...choose the red pill Neo.) If you're on the fence about picking this up, just buy it and see the color 9 (it's purple, and it tastes like grape.)

AMPitropin contains only 3 ingredients, AMP citrate, Pikatropin, and caffeine. Fun fact, these same ingredients show up in LGIs Fully Loaded AMPlified Edition - the winner of February's supplement of the month. It also shows up in Mr. Hyde. Hmm, weird. Pikatropin (aka Pikamilon) is a cognitive enhancer formed by combining Niacin and GABA, it increases the flow of blood to the brain. Basically, it's a NO supp for your brain. In Russia it is a prescription medication. Win. AMP citrate is a close cousin to DMAA known as DMBA. So yeah...it's a stimulant and there are some concerns that it will get banned like DMAA for causing some pretty nasty side-effects in people like seizures and neurological disorders. Well, for the meantime, enjoy the effects, 'cause it works. Caffeine is caffeine, it's probably only in here as a short-term booster or catalyst to get the other ingredients into your bloodstream faster.

Right. It's a pill, so the taste and mixability is completely nonexistent. As far as the dosing goes, no real studies have been done to determine effective amounts of AMP citrate or Pikachu, I mean Pikatropin (I mean Pikachu.) As far as my experience with this product, I can't imagine a world where I would need to take two of these, let alone three. I am pretty sure my heart would stop at 3, which the bottle says not to exceed in 24 hours. So anyways, start with 1 and get your 60 servings out of it.

I take one of these after my workout with my protein shake. I work out first thing in the morning and crash pretty hard after my pre-workout wears off if I don't take something. Taking one of these bad boys replaces all of my coffee and energy drink needs for the next 12-14 hours. Seriously. It's pretty amazing. The first day I took it I also started to read 3-times the speed that I normally do, and I'm a fast reader to begin with. It was pretty crazy. I'm not sure my ability to focus has increased at all, but I have pretty bad ADHD that I don't take medication for, so it's hard to tell. I did write an entire 15 page paper in about 5-6 hours, so it may have helped. May also help with cognitive thinking as advertised, really hard to test that out though. Overall, one of the most effective products I've ever used...until it gets banned...

Cheap. I think I found it on DPS for $20 a bottle. 60 servings means that this is far cheaper than coffee or an energy drink. I uh...don't have anything else to add to that.

Side Effects

I never felt jittery or shaky, but damn if I don't occasionally feel like the adrenaline is pumping a little too hard. Expect to feel like the squirrel from Over the Hedge when he takes caffeine. If you don't handle stims well, you should probably avoid this product.

Conclusion

This is still the best supplement I have ever used. It is unfortunate that it make have some long-term side effects because I would like to take this daily for the rest of my life. Also, it may lead to carpal tunnel because I type faster on this than normal. My fingers hurt. Get some if you want a good amount of energy with no crash or immediate side-effects. It's pretty awesome.

October 15, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Increased Focus
  • Some Insomnia
  • Sweating
  • Shrinkage
Quick review on a product that I enjoyed running and, in my eyes, the absolute best product leading the nootropics category. I purchased this product because I have been overrun by grad school, work and business and needed a 'pick me up'. I am very happy with my decision to get this product and I will explain why...

Profile: (10/10)

3 ingredients.. AMP Citrate, Caffiene, and Pikatropin. All individually dosed and no blends. You just cant beat that, and I will explain how those doses and ingredients all play a role when I talk about effectiveness.

Taste: (10/10)

A red and black gel caped pill. Very easy to swallow. Also, slightly intimidating colors, lol.

Effectiveness: (8/10)

1 pill: Not much to offer a slight energy increase and a slight amount of focus. The AMP is dosed at 300mg so you get a little taste of what it offers with just a single dose. usually took with a cup of coffee or with energy amino's.

2 pills: Wow, what did I just take, lol. You can feel the energy start to creep up on you. It's nice and calm at first, then when you're fully engulfed it can be somewhat overpowering. It's a high you can actually feel. my cognitive responses were becoming faster, I felt smarter, confident, I was speaking faster then I could comprehend. You really want to utilize the energy it gives off, because sitting around brought me anxiety and made me really sweaty and anxious

3 pills: Never even thought about taking this many. There was never a need to.

I will break this down into certain categories in which I used these pills.

Study/School: I am not sure if it is just my mental clarity or my ADD, but sitting in a chair sky high off ampitropins are not that fun. Unless it was an interactive or fun class, so to speak, then it is not worth having that much energy for a lecture like most of the classes I was in. Stick to 1 pill to stay awake. I have written some of the best papers in my college career while on these as well.

Workout: I loved the energy that it provided outside of working out, so I used it during several workouts as my preworkout. For me, I have to drink something prior to working out I dont know if its OCD or habit, but its habit. I just took these with a creatine and/or pump product of choice and I was off to the races. Literally. At 2 pills it was that constant energy stream that lasted after your workouts when the pump tapered off. It was weird actually driving home from the gym and thinking about approximate amount of minutes I was going to cook food or amount of seasonings lol I was just running all over the place.

Side effects: (7.5/10)
Just wanted to point this out real quick, some side effects I had:
Sweating, sometimes headaches, instant Johnson shrinkage and once in awhile I felt my braing itching? lol weird but kinda cool. The positives definitely outweighed the bad

Value: (10/10)

You can find it anywhere from 23-30$ a bottle, and if you use it like I did, which was sparingly over almost 2 months, then it can last you however long you need it too. I used it only when I didn't have a preworkout or when I needed a boost of energy. I would never use it everyday, because once it was gone I don't know how I would be able to go back to reality! This is a very strong stim or 'brain optimizer' that is leading the pact in this category. The effects yielded much more then my expectations and I loved every single dose.

June 3, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Increased Productivity
  • Fair Price
  • Consistent
    So being a stim junkie and all I have a pretty high tolerance to caffeine based products..... including coffee and energy drinks :( So as a shift worker I was looking for a little more boost in the morning/nights when I have to go to work that way I can go to the gym too when I get off or before I go in. I found Lecheek Nutrition AMPitropin on NP and decided to give it a go.

Profile: A

Gotta hand it too Lecheek, no prop blends on the bottle. Bonus points for that.

(4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate)- Used as a OTC treatment for ADHD and a "brain optimizer". Also I don't know if anyone else can verify this but after doing some research I found it also goes by 1,3-DimethylButylamine, which was used as a replacement for DMAA. Dosed at 300mg. Research is kind of unclear about the optimal dose so meh.

Pikatropin- Better known as pikamilon it is a combination of GABA and Niacine and marketed as a nootropic enhancer. Seeing as how I've never taken another nootropic (waiting on LGI version now) I feel that the dosing was very effective at 100mg.

Caffeine- Duh. Do we have to discuss this one? Dosed at 150mg I feel it hits that sweet spot between too much and not enough.

Effectiveness: A

So I played around with the dosing a little. If I was taking a thermo in the morning or making a pot of coffee I would only take 1 pill and then another a few hours later. If I didnt take anything in the morning then I found that 2 pills was the best followed by 1 in the afternoon. No matter the dose that I ended up taking I could always tell that it was working. When I would go to work it was amazing, I always felt alert and ready go. It was easier to focus and get stuff done. I took a 4 day trip to England and didnt want to fight with customs and make sure that they didnt take my half full bottle from me lol so I didnt take any with me and man could I tell the difference.

Value: A

So depending on where you buy it it runs 25-30 bucks. When you vary the dosages and depending on how you want to take it the bottle can last anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Thats a pretty sweet deal especially when it is super effective at what it is supposed to do.

Sides:

None. I didnt take this past 1600 cause I do have some sleeping issues and I didnt want it to interrupt my sleep. I can tell tho when I am coming off of it or when I havent taken it for awhile, so not necessarily a side but kind of annoying.

Overall: A

I think that this should be a staple in anybody's stack, especially if you have to work long/odd hours and need that extra "oomph" to get you going. It is effective no matter if you want a boost in the morning or before a workout.

April 6, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Focus
    • Increased Productivity
    • Fair Price
    • Convenience
    • Consistent
      Huge thank you to SSGDimsmash as well as Lecheek for allowing me the opportunity to log this product! I enjoyed my ride so much with AMPitropin that I decided to stock up recently with the sizeupsupplements.com sale on them! Also, I apologize for taking so long to get this review up.

AMPitropin is hands down my favorite supplement I have ever used. The energy and focus I got from this was perfect. I wasn't jittered out or have any anxiety attacks. I get bad anxiety from to many stims, especially 1,3 and yohimbine but this new AMP Citrate was the most intense, clean energy I have ever felt. I really can't even explain how good it was. I've tried all the preworkouts on the market pretty much and this murders all of them! AMPitropin is what I turn to after I get off my farm job because it gets me so amped to lift. Each capsule has 300mg amp, 150mg of caffeine, and 100mg Pikatropin. This blend is perfection in my most honest opinion. I know it says not to go over 3 caps but I played around for 4 caps at times when I was feeling really exhausted and it was out of this world!

30$ for 20 days is definitely worth it to me. With my current work schedule this stuff lasts me 5-8 weeks just depending on the weather. (If it rains we don't usually work on the farm.) I would think most would only need 2 caps but for us stim junkies we will all probably use 3-4 caps of this. This would have a perfect 10 if it was 90 caps instead of the 60 but it is no biggie to me.

I switched between this and AN Uncut and I've really enjoyed pre-workouts in pill form. Its a lot more convenient for me as I'm always rushed around.

I need to also note that this was consistent 95% of the time. I'd say there was maybe 1 or 2 workouts that even this couldn't pick me up but I've been working 70 plus hours a week so that is to be expected.

I'll also note that I stacked this with quite a few products. I can still properly assess this because I knew what to expect from all the other supplements.

Another thank you to SSGDimsmash and Lecheek for turning me to this product. I wasn't very interested when it was first released but it has quickly became my favorite supplement I've ever used. Lecheek, you guys keep making amazing products and you will have a life-long customer in me!

February 21, 2014

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Intense Focus
      • Increased Productivity
      • Some Insomnia
      • Frequent Urination
      Hey SR family, I would like to present my review of Lecheek Nutrition's new Brain product called AMPitropin.

I would like to thank my job for allowing me to buy this. This is new and exciting product, which can serve as a pre-workout and an Adderall replacement. I have used CTD Labs' Nupept in the pass and wanted to see how I felt on AMPitropin, so here we go!

Profile – 9

Straight forward, full disclosure of ingredients; here is what you get in the bottle:
      AMP Citrate (4-Amino-2-Methylpentane Citrate) – 300mg

Clipper started a thread on this; is this the next DMAA? AMP Citrate is extracted from the aroma of Pouchong tea and lends a very high stimulatory metabolism boosting effect; As MuscleCow mentioned in the thread, it would need to be combined with Caffeine so it can be effective.

On a side note: There is a company called Innovative Formulations, LLC out of Arkansas who has filed to trademark this, they must see the potential for this to blow up in the market until some idiot takes 5 servings of AMPitopin so they can communicate with the dead!

Pikatropin 100mg - perhaps better known as pikamilon, is a cognitive enhancer (a derivative of GABA and niacin) that promotes greater blood flow to the brain and reduces mental fatigue. Pikatropin is able to enhance cognitive and analytical function as well as performance (hand to eye coordination and reaction times). The longer you are on this, the more you will notice the stimulating affects, and 100mg of this 3 times a day will provide an increase of energy and endurance.

Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg – Just a fancy name for Caffeine, this is the typical dose in a Starbucks Latte or McDonald's Mocha Frappe. It is enough to get your ears perked, not for the stimulate junky

Effectiveness – 9

I have to say, this product worked just as it is indented to do; however, I did experience some sides, which I will elaborate below.

I started with one pill first thing in the morning, and wow, 15ming after, I was feeling it. I felt like my vision was better and did not need my glasses to drive. In addition, the energy was clean, did not feel like I was on meth (RIP Craze). When I arrived to work, I was able to complete all my work, 3 hours before the end of my shift. The effects on this will last for a while and did not experience any crash, considering this is supposed to be the replacement for DMAA. When I would take this on my workout day, based on LeCheek's website, it is not recommend taking this with any pre-workout with stimulants in it. On my initial workout, I took one pill and stacked with CTD Labs Noxivol or Muscle Feast Igniter 2.0., both products are stim-free. I have to say, the pumps were killer! Now, if you are a stim junky, like me, after about the 5th workout, I started to add pre-workouts with little stim like Top Secrets' Cardio Igniter, the pumps were also killer and the energy was trough the roof! On non-workout days, I would take one in the morning to get my daily Caffeine fix and to help me with staying productive at work; let's just say, my boss wanted to drug test me... LOL!

When it comes to being focus, AMPitropin were great! When I sat down and started working, I would lose track of time since I was so involved in what I was doing, and it made the day go fast and productive. It also helped with time management and completing projects at home and work, the wife was happy and wanted to drug test me as well! LOL

Sides – 5

As we all know, everyone reacts different to supplements; I experience a couple of sides, which reminded me of taking DMAA. One of those sides was, trying to fall asleep; this stuff worked too well for me, the effects lasted up to 8 hours. Even 12 hours after taking it, my mind was awake and my body wanted sleep; insomnia kicked in. I started to just take it on days I really needed. Another side for me was, peeing every 30mins. This is very annoying since you have to drink plenty of water to make sure you replenish what you push out. Let me say, when you have to get up more than 2 times at night to pee, it can really break into your recovery. In my opinion, I would not exceed 2 pills, again, everyone if different how they react, it's just my 2 cents.

Value – 8

I was able to pick this up at NurtaPlanet on their New Year Sale for $19.99; the retail price on most sites is $29.99. You get 60 pills and if you are taking two a day, this will last you 30 days; a buck a day to keep your brain awake, why not?

Overall – 8

If it were not for the sides, I would have rated this 9.5!

In my opinion, this could be a game changer in the supplement world, considering, AMPitropin is combing a pre-workout and cognitive enhancer supplement; you get the best of both worlds. I recommend when you get this product, play around with the servings, I recommend to take it as earliest as possible to gage your effects. If you work out early in the morning, then this will be one of the best choices to take. Jump on this, before prices go up or FDA morons ban it. In addition, if you really enjoyed the effects of Pikatropin, you can pick it up, by its self, this way, and you can enjoy the clear mind Pikatropin gives you without being wired!