(Better than 46% in Energized BCAAs)

Amino Go is an Energized BCAA Supplement manufactured by Lecheek Nutrition. It provides both BCAAs and stimulants to help keep you awake, energized and your muscles fed.
DEALS (3)

Overall
Overall
  June 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Prop Blend
QUICK SUMMARY

A prop blend ingredient profile that doesn't really excite but the results justify the purchase.

INTRODUCTION

Good evening SR community (it always seems to be late at night when I get a chance to do these), tonight I will be putting down my review for Lecheek Nutrition Amino GO, Lecheek's take on a BCAA supplement with a bit of added energy. This seems to be the flavour of the month (or year) at the moment, with plenty of supplement companies bringing out some form of BCAA supplement with some energy component included. Let's see how it goes.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 8/10

The ingredient profile in Amino GO is nothing to write home about. To kick us off there's 5g of a 'Recovery Matrix' which you think sweet, here come the BCAAs. You have micronized versions of L-Taurine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine and L-Tyrosine. Out of them the BCAAs are Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. There's also some beta alanine thrown in there (non-patented version, not CarnoSyn), sweet right? Well the accepted minimum dose of BCAAs on their own is 5g, and in Amino GO you have 5g of all this stuff. So without knowing exactly how much of each ingredient is present in this blend, you know that you aren't getting at least 5g of BCAAs. Which means a single serving is unlikely to be enough to see any significant benefits.

There's also a 175mg prop blend of some energy ingredients included. The short of this is 75mg of caffeine going in per scoop. This has implications to your other supplements, which I'll discuss later on in the dosage section.

TASTE - 10/10

I picked up Amino GO on a BOGO and picked Blue Water (cos why wouldn't you?) and Fruit Punch. Both flavours are pretty damn amazing. I would buy Kool aid by the gallon if they made it in Blue Water flavour, it's pretty damn epic. The Fruit Punch is one of the best Fruit Punch flavours ive tasted too.

MIXABILITY - 10/10

No issues with stuff remaining unmixed in the bottom of the shaker. No issues with clumping as I went through the containers. Cant fault the product here.

DOSING

This section will be a little longer than my normal dosage sections, so settle in. Looking at the ingredient profile I immediately thought 1 scoop isn't going to do it for me. I know I need at least 5g of straight BCAAs and personally I like to take around 10g to really see the effectiveness. The problem with doing this with Amino GO means 2 scoops is giving you 150mg of caffeine, so taking it as an intra means you need to consider your pre-workout and it's stimulant content so you don't end up peaking off your head. Initially I dosed Amino GO 1 scoop as an intra workout after taking a lower dose of my pre-workout to give me about 350mg of caffeine, which is about my limit. I felt this really affected the pre-workouts effectiveness so I ended up taking 2 scoops of Amino GO 3-4 hours prior to my workout, then taking my pre as per normal. This gave me the required BCAAs but also allowed me to get full effectiveness out of my pre. This is my issue with BCAA's with a 'medium' amount of stims in them. I feel if you are going to put stims in go the whole hog and let me use a stim-free pre without worry, or put no stims in and let me use my pre as per normal. I understand the reasoning behind putting in a little kicker of stims, and that is so this can be drunk as a recovery product at any time during the day and not necessarily when you are working out and need a pre level of stims, but for me it makes it hard to work in.

EFFECTIVENESS - 8.5/10

Energy - The energy I got from Amino GO was a little limp to be honest. I know 75mg of caffeine isn't going to do much for you, but even at 2 scoops I didn't really feel like I was getting too much out of it. I could have probably bumped it to 3 scoops and then the stims might have kicked in a bit harder, and I would have had 10-15g of BCAAs aswell, but the value of the product would take a beating.

Endurance - I hardly felt the beta alanine after taking Amino GO, so I'm going to say the level isn't the 3.2g clinical dose. Also, being the non-patented form would also diminish the effectiveness. I feel like 3.2g of CarnoSyn tingles me significantly harder than 3.2g of non-patented form, which makes it easy to pick up whether someone has used CarnoSyn or non-patented beta alanine.

Recovery - At 1 scoop there was a nice improvement in recovery, but it was not out of this world. At 2 scoops the recovery was much improved, to the point you were certain you were taking BCAAs and getting a benefit from them. I have been mixing up my workouts a lot to keep my muscles on their toes, as well as doing a lot of physical outdoor work, so had I not been taking a BCAA supplement I would have been much sorer than I was. Obviously the value of the product is reduced taking 2 scoops, but for me the effectiveness was worthwhile. No point taking something that doesn't do it for you, right? I had also been working on improving my 1RMs which means heavy stress on my muscles over a short period, then rest and recover to try and improve the next week, which I certainly did. The recovery aspect of Amino GO surely helped me here.

VALUE - 1 scoop = 9.3/10, 2 scoops = 8/10

I picked up my BOGO of Amino GO off A1 for $20, so $10/tub for 30 servings. That's pretty unbeatable value for a BCAA supplement, regardless of the ingredient profile having a prop blend. Even at 2 scoops that's $0.50/serving, which is damn solid. If you are interested in the stim kick then the value would improve even more for you. A1 are still running this promo right now (13/06/18), if you are thinking of trying this product, you cannot go past that deal. A1 have actually put up a new deal of 5 cans of Amino GO for $39.95. That's 150 servings for $40. This is not an ad for A1 but with that deal, you're actually killing muscles by not buying it. My value ratings are for the non-deal price of Amino GO, which is between $23-30/tub, which is more in line with standard BCAA products, but at the moment it's a no-brainer to buy it on the deal.

CONCLUSION - 8/10

Amino GO is a solid performing BCAA + energy supplement that if you can make work with your other supplements it can be very beneficial to your supplement stash. The prop blend takes away from the efficiency of the product, but double-scooping solves that issue. The biggest issue I found with Amino GO is figuring out how to make it work with a stimmed pre-workout so that you don't overload on the stims/caffeine. If you can slot it into your stack then with the current deals on for Amino GO you almost have to take up the offer. Would I buy this product with my own money? With the current deals I already have, so the answer is a resounding yes, even if I have to double-scoop. At the 'normal' price, I'd probably look elsewhere to be honest. Would I recommend this product to others? Depending on their requirements, it may fit into their stack well. At the current deal price, I cant encourage people enough to buy this and give it a go. In closing, I would have liked Lecheek to put in a full 5g of the BCAAs and then the rest could be whatever they wanted, but for the price the effectiveness is pretty solid.
  • Blue Water: 10/10
  • Fruit Punch: 10/10

• workoutguru
    9 days ago

I used to really like this company a lot and they had some really good products I thought. But within the last couple of years now you don't even hear anything about this company anymore. It's like this company went from being really good to non existing. They were pretty big on this site a few years ago but not anymore.

• davidian
    9 days ago

I agree, I had some great results from AD-3 and then TX-3 when they merged the DAA and armistane together. Mass HGH was also a great sleep/GH booster, and Speed X3 was a great pre. But in the last couple of years I have to admit I havent even looked at what they have to offer much when i'm shopping for new supps, because they havent had anything really worth looking at.

• MarsheS
    7 days ago

I got to try the Apple and Blue Water flavors. PERFECT. Apple tasted like a real natural apple, not those artificial apple flavors... This product is so cheap that I wonder if they really have aminos in it lol.

Advertisement: