Kyäni Sunset Reviews

By: Kyäni, Inc.

Kyäni Sunset is an Essential Fatty Acid manufactured by Kyäni, Inc.. It contains fats that must be obtained through diet. They serve a wide array of critical roles including cardiovascular, mental and joint health.

February 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • High Quality
  • Immunity
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Joint Strength

A special thanks to Kyani Inc for their support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their omega-3 supplement Kyani Sunset. Omega-3 has been a staple supplement for many of us, especially those looking for joint support. By now, we've all been familiarized with omega-3 fatty acids' benefits including, skin, hair, joint, and anti-inflammatory benefits. Omega-3s have also been demonstrated in aid in fat loss and may even protect against certain cancers. Of course not all omega-3 products are created equally.

Lets see how Sunset stands up...

Each 3 capsule serving provides 1g of omega-3s, 5,000 IUs of vitamin A, 500 IUs of vitamin D, and 100mg of a mixed tocotrienol source of vitamin E.

Sunset is described as using Wild Alaskan Sokeye Salmon, which is touted to be one of, if not the purest forms of fish oil derived fatty acids. Kyani also explains on their website how they utilize methods to reduce mercury content. Mercury exposure is one of the prime risks of consuming certain seafood and taking these supplements. So, it helps to purchase both seafood and fish oil supplements from trusted brands.

The added vitamins are fat-soluble and compliment the benefits of fish oil.

My only complaint here is that I believe the fish oil concentration could be higher considering bigger individuals such as myself need a little more when it comes to daily allowance of fish oil. I understand that the source used is supposed to be more bioavailable, but given the variance of users I think a little more wouldn't hurt.

Since they are caps, there isn't any taste or mixability to talk about. The one thing I will note is that I didn't get any fish burps that I've sometimes experienced with certain omega-3 products.

The directions state to dose the product at one three cap serving preferably with an evening meal. Even though I anticipated I would need more, I stuck with this protocol to assess the bioavailability properties of Sokeye Salmon. Therefore, I took as directed at 3 caps with my last meal.

Fish oil is one of those staple supps like multi-v's and protein that you don't necessarily "feel" working, but rather base your judgement on effectiveness on how you knowingly respond to such products.

For me, fish oil helps with skin health, fat loss support, immunity, and joint support. While taking sunset, I did notice that my skin, hair, and nails appeared stronger, thicker, and less frail from the common winter season dryness. I also saw a decrease in acne too, though I generally don't get acne as often anymore. As for joints, occasionally I do get minor aches and pains especially following a lot of isolation weight based movements in certain joints like my elbows and knees. Sunset I noticed help keep those aches and pains away even with extensive heavy weight-bearing movements. For fat loss support, truthfully I didn't pay much attention to this considering I am not currently on a cutting phase or fat loss regimen. Lastly, I never fell ill or felt any kind of seasonal lethargy I get with cold wintry weather, so it seems Sunset had some benefits in the immunity support area as well.

As with many products that tout great claims from their respected companies, this is where Sunset loses some big points. The cheapest I found Sunset was 35.95. While I did enjoy the product's benefits, such a price tag is simply too much for me. For 36 dollars, one could purchase other fish oil products from respectable companies and with higher supply per container. The sources of fish may not be as pure as Sokeye Salmon, but that can be remedied through good diet and usually taking a little extra fish oil caps a day.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think that Kyani Sunset is a very good fish oil supplement in terms of quality, purity, and efficacy. At the current price though, it is not a product one may wish to invest regularly in. Perhaps if Kyani's line of supplements becomes more available, the prices will be more reasonable, but until then it's best to watch for sales and maybe stick with your own fish oil supplement.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

February 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • Immunity
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Joint Strength

First I would like to thank Kyani for sending Sunset out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Overall this was an effective supplement for taking care of joints, skin, and other health benefits that may derive from fish oil, but there were some issues that kept the rating at a 7 for me.

The primary ingredients are Vitamins A,D-3,and E in their respective forms. Then wild Alaskan fish oil for the omega-3 portion. Honestly at only 1g for fatty acids I'm thinking this just isn't that high. I know I noticed some results, but in the end paying as much as I would I just think at least 2g's would be better and probably give enhanced benefits. Other than this I don't have much else for the ingredients section.

No taste for caps and mixability N/A. Dosing was 3 gel caps at dinner for me or in the evening if I forgot while eating.

As mentioned I noticed my joints felt a bit better after not being on an omega supplement for a few weeks. I was seeing if just eating omega rich foods was good enough, but in the end I couldn't eat enough to support what I needed for joint lubrication and decreased inflammation. During cold mornings I can definitely tell if a fish oil is working or not for joints.

I can also state that my hair and nails seemed to grow much more while on Sunset than they previously were. Omega-3 has many other health benefits, so I'm sure more goodies were taking place at the cellular level. Other than this just felt good overall.

Honestly the price is steep for me even for its effectiveness. $38.95 for prime members or $42.95 for regular cost. Now another high quality fish oil brand I used and still use for the most part came from Intelligent Labs who provides 3g's of fatty acids and 40 servings per bottle opposed to 30. Plus it costs $29.95 per bottle. Kind of gives you an idea of price checking because for an omega product of 1g I think it's a way to take too much from the consumer at $42.95.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Sunset worked okay and did what it's supposed to do, but the price rate compared to several other similar products just makes it not get that high of a rating. Maybe if this is sold on Amazon for cheaper it will be better off. Thanks for allowing me to review this product Kyani!

February 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fishy Taste
  • High Quality
  • Immunity
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory

Once again I'd like to thank Kyani for allowing me to review some products. As I stated in my last review I was looking for some different (unique) supplements to try out/review. Kyani Sunset is one of those products, basically an all-natural lipid nutrition supplement. I've taken fish oil and lipid products in the past but really haven't done to much research until now. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

The ingredient profile is basically transparent with the exception of the Omega 3 blend. Two main sources/ingredients in Sunset include the Omega 3 blend and Tocotrienols.

Tocotrienols (Vitamin E) - Members of the Vitamin E Family (Most Potent Form), are natural compounds found in a number of vegetable oils, wheat germ, barley, and certain types of nuts and grains. They posses powerful neuroprotective, antioxidant, anti-cancer and cholesterol lowering properties.

Many of you know what Omega 3s are but for those who don't basically they are healthy fats that have a variety of health benefits. They are incorporated in many parts of the body including cell membranes and play a role in anti-inflammatory processes and in the viscosity of cell membranes.

Other Ingredients Include.....
Beta-Carotene (5000 IU) - Precursor to Vitamin A aiding in eye and skin health
Cholecalciferol (400 IU) - Vitamin D-3: Aides in bone health
Vitamin E (100 MG)

In some cases with taking Fish Oils you may get a fishy taste or smell when taking them. This was not the case when taking Kyani Sunset, I also didn't get any kind of fish burps after consumption. In regards to dosing - Take 3 capsules with an evening meal (In my case dinner), evening use is for better t0 maximize bioavailability and absorption according to Kyani.

In terms of effectiveness this was really effective for me personally. I have a bad habit of biting my nails down, after a few weeks of use I noticed my nails were growing faster and looked healthier. Joint pain and inflammation from past injuries were greatly reduced... I felt like a well oiled machine. I'm sure there were many other great benefits that went un-noticed inside/outside my body.

Due to limited availability the only place I could find Kyani Sunset was on the Kyani website. Each 30 serving bottle (90 capsules) will cost you $42.95 unless you become a Prime member then it's $38.95. Although this is superior to most comparable products your still paying more than $1.30 per serving at Prime. This price point is really really really high for me to consider.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Kyani Sunset is an extremely effective Lipid supplement coming from the most potent ingredients. However the biggest downfall is the price when compared to similar products. If I had extra money to use then I'd definitely invest in my health by buying a few bottles. Nevertheless I want to thank Kyani once again for Participating in the SR TROOP Program.