Katana Reviews

Overall
Overall
  June 27, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Performance
  • Not Enough Stim

What's up SR. Onder18 back with another pre-workout review. This time I'm going to be reviewing Katana. I saw that there were no reviews on this so I figured I would inform my SR brethren on my experience with it since I have used a container of this and feel as if I can give a valid opinion of it.
This pre-workout isn't very mainstream but if you google best pre-workouts it's name often comes up. I honestly don't think I have read a bad review on this, everybody seems to love it. One day I decided to order it and see if it lives up to the hype.

Komodo Nutraceuticals Katana Pre-Workout 30 Servings

Amentoflavone 40mg

Peppermint Extract 4:1 25mg

Bioperine 3mg

Other Ingredients: Natural Flavour, Citric Acid, Sucralose

As you can see by the profile it isn't a prop blend and the caffeine amount is listed so that's a plus. The profile is actually pretty unique and impressive in my opinion. You don't see 500 mg. of citicoline in pre-workouts so that itself is impressive. Add in that amentoflavone which is suppose to increase mood and calcium release in your muscles and peppermint extract which is supposed to be a performance enhancer and this looks like one of the best profiles I've seen in a pre-workout.

The flavor was Mango and it was not that good. Not the worst tasting pre workout I've had but not the best either. The mixability was decent. Not good, but decent. I always dosed this at one rounded scoop.

This pre-workout isn't the hardest hitting. The energy comes on gradually and it is very clean. Not weak at all but definately not strong. The strength was decent and the rep increase was decent. The focus was decent. Not the tunnel vision I was hoping for but definately above average. The strong point of this pre was the overall performance. Pumps were good and endurance was excellent. My workouts on this were always productive. When I needed extra stim with this I stacked it with a caffeinated amino product. I always stacked this with extra amentoflavone and creatine like I do all my pre-workouts. I also always added a nitrate product to this. I alternated this with Olympus Labs Conquer Demigod throughout the week. After about 60% percent of the tub I started developing a little tolerance to the stim effect. Not much but noticeable. The performance was still there though. So overall I was pleased with my run with Katana. The thing is that the way this was hyped online I was expecting the Holy Grail of pre-workouts, and that it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, I liked it and I made decent gains on my run with it. I would use it again and I do feel it has good performance to it. I can see why alot of people would like it. I was just expecting more based on the online reviews.

$35.99 on most sites. Most easily available at gettripped nutition which is where I got it. A little more than a dollar per serving. Not the best value but not that bad in my opinion.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

Good pre-workout, just not as good as it's made out to be online in my opinion. I would buy it again but I would buy others before this. I hope you enjoyed my review and any constructive criticism is welcome.