Lumberjacked Reviews

By: Kodiak Supplements

Pre-Workout > Pump
Lumberjacked is a Pump Product manufactured by Kodiak Supplements. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

October 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Research Backed Ingredients

I would like to thank Kodiak Supplements for participating in the Trooper/ER program and SR for making it possible! While taking LumberjackED I was training 4times a week mostly on the 4 big lifts and accessory work. There were a couple times where I would go to the gym that 5th day and chase a pump.

LumberjackED is split into 3 main categories without prop blends: Strength, Focus and Energy. All ingredients are dosed appropriately and within their effective doses. You have your usual suspects like Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline, L-Theanine. What is interesting in this products are the stimulants/energy section, you get Caffeine, Green Tea extract and Yerba Mate.

Taste get a 9 from me! I thought I was drinking a pink lemonade from In & Out. I found myself sipping and enjoying it, not chugging it down like other. I can say that mixability was good, there was very little sediment at the bottom and that can be solved with the swish and sip method. I dosed this at 1 scoop for the most part, the last couple scoops I dosed 1.5 just for the heck of it. I did not need it, but got longer workouts in because of it!

In a world where all we want is the perfect combination of strength, energy and focus from a pre-workout did LumberjackED deliver? I will break down the effectiveness into 3 categories:

Strength: It has been a month of setting gym PR's on both rep and weight itself. I have been focusing on getting stronger so I won't give all the credit to LumberjackEd, but it sure has helped during my workouts!

Energy: LumberjakED provided me with clean and constant energy with ZERO crash. I had several workouts that were anywhere from 50 min - 75min plus cardio and it kept me feeling great all the way through!

Focus: Well I didn't have tunnel vision with LumberjakEd! This does not mean that the focus was not there, it was a different type of feeling. The focus I got from this was me being concentrated in the task at hand AKA LIFTING but being aware of your surroundings as well. I really noticed the focus factor when doing cardio 30-40 min and it flew by. All those I hate Cardio thoughts just disappeared. As a side note, the pump was pretty real depending what I was doing sometimes a couple sets in and I was in pain, I believe the focus I got from LumberjakEd helped get past this.

It is not available at all your retailers yet so the price is not really where we all like it to be. I found it on amazon for about 39.99 with free shipping if you have Prime. As other reviewers have mentioned the sweet spot for pre-workouts now days is 30-35$.

Side Effects

ZERO!

Conclusion

I was really happy with this product. If they get the price down a little bit, and making it more widely available I think they will do great things! something I didn't mention above but would be nice, is maybe making LumberjakEd available in more flavors! Overall I think Kodiak did an awesome job formulating and executing!
  • Pink Lemonade: 9/10

October 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Focus
  • Research Backed Ingredients
  • Slightly Expensive
  • Pumps Could Be Better
Thank you to Kodiak Supplements for allowing me to try their Lumberjacked pre-workout product. My overall view of the product was positive, but let's get into the details in my review below:

Ingredient Profile: (8.5/10)

Simple and proven; That's the type of ingredient profile Kodiak chose to go with when assembling Lumberjacked. They broke it down into 3 completely transparent blends: The Power and Strength blend, the Focus blend, and the energy blend. Very straightforward. The first blend is packed with 3g of Beta Alanine and 4g of L-Citrulline for endurance and pumps. The second blend comes through for focus with Tyrosine, Huperzine and Theanine. Finally, the energy blend provides a nice kick with 200mg of Caffeine Anhydrous and some Yerba Mate and Green Tea extracts. Nicely dosed all around, give or take some ingredients. Very solid pre on paper.

Taste/Mixability: (8/10)

The Pink Lemonade flavor was pretty good. Not the best interpretation I've ever had of the flavor (that goes to C4) but it was nice. Never cringed while drinking it and aside from a bit of sediment on the bottom, mixing wasn't a big issue. Good job on this flavor by Kodiak, though I feel it could stand to use just a bit of improvement.

Effectiveness: (8.2/10)

I only ever took one scoop of this throughout my use the product. Lumberjacked came through with solid energy from the very first scoop all the way through to the very last. It wasn't a kick you in the face energy, but rather a nice, sustained energy. The 200mg of caffeine was perfect along with the extracts. Focus was good as well, and there were plenty of Beta tingles to go around. I actually got more tingles than I have from a lot of other products despite it being slightly below the clinical dosage of 3.2g. Pumps were there, but not as much as I'd like them to be, which is one area I feel could be improved upon. Citrulline is a good addition, but I feel one other pump ingredient such as Agmatine would have really taken this to the next level. Overall, this was a very effective pre that I feel could be a top-tier one with just an addition or two. Good job here.

Value: (7.3/10)

As of now, I could only find this on Kodiak's website and on Amazon, both for $40. This is a bit steep for a 30 serving product that you could arguably justify taking more than 1 scoop of. $1.33 per serving isn't the best value, but it isn't horrible either. I can almost guarantee this will become better should Kodiak ever start distributing to retailers. As for now, it's just average to below average value.

Overall: (7.8/10)

Kodiak Supplements is on to something with Lumberjacked. I felt this was a very solid pre that, with a few tweaks and better price, could truly join the top tier of pre-workout supplements. Thanks again for the opportunity.
  • Pink Lemonade: 8/10

6.8
  September 22, 2016

• No Pumps

What's up SR! I want to take a moment to thank Kodiak Supplements and the Trooper program for allowing me to run their pre-workout Lumberjacked. Being a stim junkie, I am always interested in trying out different pre-workouts. When I say Lumberjacked come up for the Troopers, at first I was like "Lumberjacked", hmmm the last 6 letters reminded me of another pre-workout from many moons ago. I looked at the label and decided to take Lumberjacked for a ride; good thing I did

The product claim to:
Give Strength
Focus
Energy
Massive PUMPS

I like the fact that Kodiak Supplements did not put this in a proprietary blend; this is fully disclosed. It has 200 mg of caffeine, do not be fooled with this amount, it is stacked with 100 mg of Yerba Mate Extra. This help with mental fatigue and as well as chronic fatigue, which is what gives to the mental focus when you run Lumberjacked; stacked with the caffeine, it really gives you that drive. In addition, 4 grams of L-Citrulline is a prefect amount for me, anything over that, I warm up in the restroom when I get to the gym.

Taste

Not bad at all, it was a little sweet for me, must be the Sucralose in the product

Mixability

No issues there, mixed well, no foaming, and no settlement at the bottom of my shaker

I took this in the am and in the evening, I took one scoop to see how it would affect me and pretty much, is all I needed. Of course, I tried 1 scoop.

I really enjoyed Lumberjacked, it performed to what their claim is for the product; however, the pump aspect did not really kick in for me.

Whenever I took my servings, which normally I take my pre-workout 20 minutes before I get to the gym. The funny thing, with Lumberjacked, it was like a delayed effect, almost as if it was time release. It would kick in as I was warming up on the treadmill and when it did, it was on! While on Lumberjacked, I never got that feeling of being cracked out or no crashing at all; other than when I too 1 scoops, it was the only time I got a little shaky. I think for me, taking it for an am workout was best, since I work out on an empty stomach; I guess in the evening, it was not as strong since I have already eaten a bunch of food. My workouts were good and I would recover fast between sets; when doing cardio, the mental focus was nice; I sometimes forgot what time I started.

This is not in too many retail or on-line stores; Amazon has it for around $40.00, it is a nice deal if you are a Prime customer and gets any type of coupons. In my opinion, this would be more competitive if it were priced between $32 and 35; it would help offset any shipping cost when ordering.

Side Effects

None, I was surprised

Conclusion

At the end of the day, Lumberjacked worked as it was supposed to, good energy, focus, and strength; the pump factor was a miss for me. Kodiak Supplements has a good product; I will be interested in trying additional products available from them. There are on too many new companies bring out products to the market with fully disclosed ingredient labels; with that alone, it will spark interest in buying Kodiak Supplements. The bottom line, if this can be priced more competitive, this will be in my supplement cabinet.

6.7
  September 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Focus
  • Research Backed Ingredients

Before I start I want to thank Kodiak Supplements for participating in the SR Troop Program. This was the first I've heard of this company however after looking into the ingredients/dosages I had to give this a go. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week strength/hypertrophy while on a fairly strict diet.

LUMBERJACKED Claims:
- Increased strength and endurance
- Increased Nitric Oxide production for massive pumps and vascularity
- Mental clarity and laser focus
- Long lasting energy without the negative side effects

The ingredient profile is fairly simple with 11 ingredients that are all fully disclosed. Each serving (11.1 G) is broken up into three different categories: Strength, Focus and Energy. Highlights of the formula include: 3G Beta-Alanine, 4G L-Citrulline, 500 mg N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, 200 mg Caffeine Anhydrous. I liked the addition of 200 mcg of Huperzine-A which is a nootropic that increases levels of acetylcholine (Learning Neurotransmitter). Overall this is a solid list of ingredients with great dosages.

Taste - I received the Pink Lemonade flavor which is the only flavor available at the moment. The taste wasn't bad, it tasted like pink lemonade but it was a bit tart for me. You can definitely tell there was sucralose added but overall not bad. Taste gets a 6.5/10

Mixability - There were really no issues in regards to mixability. There was some settlement at the bottom if left alone for some time but that all goes away with a few shakes. No clumping or discoloration of any kind. Mixability gets 8/10

Dosing - To me this is a true 1 scoop pwo because of the ingredient dosages. Usually I mixed one scoop into 8-10 oz of water - 30 min before training sessions.

Best part of LUMBERJACKED was its effectiveness in terms of energy, focus and strength. I always had that flush and tingling feeling knowing it was working. By far the best category was focus, I felt like I had tunnel vision every time I was training, nothing could take my attention away from working out. In terms of strength I do believe this helped my performance with energy to get in more sets/reps. Overall I was very pleased with how effective Lumberjacked worked.

A 30 serving tub of LUMBERJACKED will cost you around $39.99 on Amazon - directed from Kodiak Supplements website. They do offer a 10% off coupon if you enter your email address. So I use the price of the discount ($36) which equates to around $1.20 per serving. Although I loved the effectiveness of this pwo, the price is a bit on the high side. If they could bring the price down to around $1.00 then I'd be more willing to buy it - hey .20 cents extra per serving adds up over time.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this was a very solid pwo by Kodiak Supplements, its great seeing newer companies being transparent with their ingredients while using full dosages. While this was really effective the only 2 things holding it back is availability and price. I'd definitely recommend this product if your looking for a new pre-workout supplement. Thanks again to Kodiak Supplements for giving me this opportunity.
  • Pink Lemonade: 7/10