In-Kaged Reviews

By: Kaged Muscle

ARTICLES (2)
In-Kaged is an Energized BCAA Supplement manufactured by Kaged Muscle. It provides both BCAAs and stimulants to help keep you awake, energized and your muscles fed.

October 9, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Focus
  • Solid Pumps
  • Pairs Great With PRE-Kaged
  • Tastes Good
  • Has Caffeine

It has been a few weeks since I have posted a review, but honestly, I have been busy trying new supplements! I finally finished my most recent strength training program and during this took In-Kaged (stacked with Pre-kaged of course). Overall, it really helped me recover and during my workouts. I usually will tweak a muscle here and there in a strength training program, but this time around I was able to stay healthy throughout. I attribute this to the In-Kaged supplement.

Muscle fuel matrix

L-leucine (2.5g) - one of the three main BCAAs that is mainly attributed to building muscle and inducing protein synthesis. In addition, L-leucine helps preserve lean muscle tissue and supplies the body with energy under stress. Some other effects that L-Leucine is claimed to have is the ability to increase HGH secretion, a slowing of the aging process, and additional increases in strength and muscle mass.

L-isoleucine (1.25g) - the main affect of this BCAA is to promote glucose consumption and uptake. Isoleaucine does this to a greater degree than some of the other amino acids in your body. It has also been claimed to be a performance enhancer when it is taken pre-workout in a carbohydrate replete state.

L-Valine (1.25G) - another one of the three BCAA. This is the least studied of the three but it seems to play a role in assisting the body's energy processes and building muscle mass and strength.

Pump Matrix

L-citrulline (3g - main ingredient) - Once in your body this amino acid allows your body to have an increased resistance to fatigue and improved endurance for both aerobic and anaerobic prolonged exercise.

Beta-alanine (1.6g) - beta-alanine is awesome! Once in the body it can help buffer acid in muscle increasing your physical performance and can aid in lean-mass gain. For me, this is the ingredient that allows me to get the energy for that extra 1 or 2 reps when you have those "grinder" sets. In some people it can improve the overall cardiovascular exercise.

Caffeine (125mg) - increases energy but also may dehydrate some people. Known as a diuretic.

With regards to taste I can only comment on the Cherry Lemonade flavor. For me, it tasted great with 16oz of water. I tried it with about 10oz before but found it was a little too sweet for me and there was some residue left over. In the 16oz of water everything was dissolved. I usually took one full scoop during my workout once a day (per ingredient label). One scoop is 16.9 g, a fairly large scoop compared to some other BCAA and intra-workout supplements I have taken.

Now this is the area where I think this product exceeds. You can go onto sites and see how it is research to be the best BCAA complex out there because of one thing or another. When it comes down to it, it is about ingredients and effectiveness. This is one of, if not the best, intra-workout supplements I have taken. In general I can look at all my past workouts and check three things 1: do I have the energy to get through those last two sets 2: do I feel so fatigued that I feel my technique is altered and I may get hurt 3: is this product even doing any good in my body. All three of those questions are answered "yes" with this product. I always felt that extra power I needed when I wanted that last set of bench, squat, or deadlift. With this, my technique was never altered and I attribute this to the ability of this product to prevent quick fatigue in the muscle. I can't say I have experience with long and drawn out workouts for you endurance athletes, but the ingredients show that it should help with that also.

You can get a tub of this (20 servings) for around $25. Right now I have seem some sales saying if you buy 2 you save $10-15 so if you decide you wanna try this then I suggest getting a tub soon (date today: 10/8/2016).

Side Effects

If you stack with a pre-workout, compare In-Kaged to your pre-workout ingredients. This product has caffeine and Beta-alanine so too much of either can cause some adverse side effects of increase HR. Too much caffeine can also cause chest pain depending on the person.

Conclusion

Overall this product is great. The effectiveness during my workout was exactly what I needed to get through those extra sets with heavy weight. Like I stated above I have not tried it with prolonged cardiovascular workouts but I am sure that it will have effects that correspond to the ingredients. What I really like about this product is that the ingredients are simple. There is no extra blends that they add in there, you get what it says. In general, Kaged muscle has put out some great products including their pre-workout Pre-Kaged which I have already reviewed, and this product is no different. I stacked this product with Pre-Kaged which worked really well, but always review your supplements before you buy them. I am going to continue this product through my fat-loss phase over the next few months so if anyone would like to know how it works during that period don't hesitate to ask.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 8/10

October 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Tastes Good
  • Pairs Great With PRE-Kaged
  • Dye Free
  • Limited Flavors
Thanks again to Kaged Muscle for another great product I got to try. This will be my third Kaged Muscle product I have been able to try. I heard this was better to stack along with Pre-Kaged so I wanted to try both of them at the same time which I did. I think this is better stacked than on it's own. I am a really big fan of aminos and feel they are a must in every workout stack you use. I have used many different ones and this one looked rather interesting I thought.

Ingredients:
This is a little different than your normal aminos since they use fermented aminos rather than regular aminos. This meaning they come from plant sources rather than animals. This has a 2:1:1 ratio which is pretty much your standard ratio in most amino products. I like that this is transparent and list everything your getting in here and the amounts. I also like some of the extra things they put in the Endura- pump matrix section. I think it helps a little more having this in here. Having the added caffeine in here I was not so sure about. Most of the time I would not like that in an amino product but I seemed to be ok with it in here. I am glad to see the amount of caffeine in this is not real high at 124mg since I was stacking this with Pre-Kaged and that had 274mg. I would say no to the caffeine if the amino product is meant to be stacked with their pre-workout. I would like to know how organic caffeine is different than regular caffeine. So right now I can't say if organic caffeine is better than regular caffeine or not.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $24.95 for 20 servings. I don't think that's to bad a price. I would not wont to see this any higher than the $24.95 price tag. I think if they could up this to 30 servings like most aminos products are would make this a much better price.

Taste:
This comes in one flavor only cherry lemonade. I thought this was pretty good. Had a really strong taste to it maybe a little to much for my liking. I say that because when I would start to drink this, a lot of the time I wanted to down this right away because of how good I thought it tasted. When I would get about half way through my shaker bottle I had to keep adding more water to this so I would not drink it all at once. I thought this was very refreshing and enjoyed drinking this each time. I would like to see some more flavors so you don't get tired of one flavor all the time.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no real issues with it mixing. Seem to dissolve right away in water. There was a little bit of foam in this but not to bad. Dosing was very simple with this. All you will need is one scoop during your workouts.

What makes this a little different than most aminos products is the extra energy and endurance added to this. I think with the added caffeine in this really helped me go longer in the gym since I usually workout around 2 hours + and feel like I could keep going. My endurance was very much improved, I felt like I could go longer and hit the weights a lot harder. I felt like I had a lot less muscle fatigue and always felt better during my workouts. With the 3g of citruline added to this along with the 6.5g I was getting from the Pre-kaged helped make for some better pumps than I normalyl get. Nothing skin tearing in the way of pumps but more of a natural pump I would get.

My recovery on this was on par. It was nothing outstanding but nothing that was really bad. I did feel my recovery was a bit better most of the time. There were a few times I felt a lot better than other times. I do think it helped reduce my DOMS. Depending on how hard I worked out and what muscle group I was working depended on how well I recovered. I think for the most part it helped me fairly well with my recovery and was pleased with it. I know when I was using this it helped me drink a lot more water than I normally drink which is good to help keep my body more flushed out and more hydrated. I know on a few times I would start out my workouts feeling a bit more winded than normal and I feel this really helped calmed down that and helped me get my breathing more under control.

Side Effects:
Nothing

Overall:
I was rather pleased with this product. I think being able to stack this with Pre-Kaged made this a much better product than it would have been on it's own. If you want that extra energy and endurance this gives you along with recovery this is a good choice to look at. I would like to see the amino amounts added from 5g to at least 7g. I think this brings something a little different than your normal amino products do and it was nice for a little change. Even though I thought this was a decent product I don't feel this is something I would use all the time. I would say if your more on a cut this would work a lot better for you. Another great product from Kaged Muscle and thanks to them for letting me try this.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 9/10

6.6
  April 12, 2016

Many of my friends, while looking at my supplements say "you're gonna die from this crap!"
In words of UGK "I'm in the game, live by the game and in the game imma die".
Just kidding FDA.
Being a high stim guy, who hasn't taken time off PWO in 2 years, I was looking forward to trying aminos with a little more kick and pump.

I am not going to be repetitive, other reviewers have done a great job discussing the ingredients in detail, so I'll just touch base.

BCAA at 5g and 2:1:1 Ratio, is nothing out of the ordinary. Fermented BCAAs? Well hot damn I have no idea how that works, pretty new concept to me.

Citrulline (fermented? This guy really likes fermented stuff) at 3g, is decent for an amino product. SciVation's Xtend and RSP's ReGen are few other BCAAs that have Citrulline but only at 1g.

Organic Caffeine at 124mg, good amount to give you a little kick without being overwhelming. I wonder if organic caff is somehow better than regular caffeine

This is a market economy, how is there only one flavor? Just like all my proletariat brothers, I've received the Cherry Lemonade flavor. Which I was aloof about. It was neither bad or good, it was ok.
There was a little foaming but that's totally fine with me, reminds me of the foam art on my coffee, #fancy.
Dosing is nothing complex, a scoop intro workout, with 20oz of water. I'd use more water to last me longer.

A thing you'll notice immediately is the increase in energy and a slight pump. That's just short term. Since this is a BCAA product, recovery is the name of the game. I noticed improvement in DOMS following workouts while taking In-Kaged and just like with all BCAAs for some reason I sweat much more. My soreness was notably alleviated, I specifically noticed this after leg day. I would still get sore, but this was not the unbearable soreness we all have grown to love.

Since this is market economy were in, the market sets the price. Unfortunately for Kaged, they are above the equilibrium price for BCAAs. Now I get it, this is a premium product with tons of extras, but just like Rocky Jr I didn't ask for any of this! I want the BCAAs not BCAAs with half a scoop of preworkout. 1.35 a scoop and if you add a PWO, it's getting excessive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In reality In-Kaged is a decent product, with a few unnecessary extras. If you have the extra money and think you'll need the fermented ingredients or Organic caffeine, go for it. If you want a decent BCAA at 5g a scoop and 2:1:1 ratio. There are better alternatives.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 7/10

April 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Has Caffeine
  • Endurance
  • Needs A Preworkout
  • Minimal Recovery
  • Limited Flavors

I have been taking a lot of different intra-workouts lately and this one was intriguing because of the caffeine. The rest of the profile looked pretty solid as well. Kaged Muscle offered a bunch of different products to the TROOPs, so thank you for that.

As I said in the title, the caffeine could be good or bad; depending on how much caffeine is in your pre-workout. This is supposed to be paired with Pre-Kaged to hit clinical dosages, but I did not run the two products simultaneously because I thought it would be too much caffeine for me. I did however run this with Body Shop's Octane 150 (150 mg of caffeine) for a total of about 275 mg of caffeine per workout. The BCAAs are dosed at the standard 5 g for an intra at a 2:1:1 ratio. The BCAAs are from a fermented plant source which is supposed to be a bit better quality than animal sourced BCAAs, but also a bit more costly. I would not mind seeing the BCAAs dosed a bit higher. Coconut water powder is finding its way in a lot of supplements now and 500 mg is about the standard dose. Taurine is also included for hydration at 1 g.

The rest of the profile is interesting because most, if not all of the ingredients included are the first time I used them in an intra-workout supplement. L-citrulline is in here to add to your pump at 3 g. Beta-alanine and caffeine are included for additional endurance and energy. Finally L-tyrosine is in here for focus. I think In-Kaged really separates itself from the rest of the intra-workout world of supplements. They bring something different to the table and I do not think it could really be compared to anything else for an intra-workout supplement.

Dosing/Taste/Mixability

Dosing 10/10: Directions call for mixing one scoop in 16-20 oz. of water and consume during exercise during training days or throughout the day on non-training days. I would sip it all throughout my workouts, but I never took it on off days. I did not feel it was necessary to consume caffeine on off days and I did not think the additional 5 g of BCAAs would improve my recovery that much more. The 20 serving tub also played a role in that decision because I did not want to burn through the tub too quickly.

Taste 6.5/10: I received the Cherry Lemonade flavor, which is their only option currently. Originally I thought the flavor was both really sweet and tart, even when I mixed it with a full shaker cup of water (~28 oz.). Eventually it grew a bit on me, but I would still rate it as only an above average tasting product. Side note: I found a weird smell to this product that was a bit off-putting.

Mixability 9/10: I thought this mixed really well. A bit of floating and foaming, but nothing major. It subsided within a couple minutes.

The category that stood out most in this was the added energy/endurance. This was by far the best intra-workout I have ever taken to help with energy and for obvious reasons (caffeine). I would frequently find myself in the gym for 2+ hours while taking this and did not crash when leaving. I would be sweating quicker than normal and would need to spend less time in the sauna to finish my workout because I would sweat easier. The beta-alanine, coconut water powder, and taurine all played a role in endurance as well. I would not cramp up much and I had pretty good muscular endurance after my high volume sets.

The pump in here was good as long as you had a pre that already helped you with a pump. Octane 150 already had 6g of citrulline malate and 1 g of AgMass, so this only helped add to it. As a standalone, 3 g of L-citrulline would most likely be a bit below par.

Recovery in here was a little disappointing for me. At only 5 g of BCAAs, the recovery aspect was minimal and that brought down the total effectiveness score for me. Like noted above though, this is not your normal 7 g + of BCAA, glutamine/Sustamine, and other amino acids intra-workout. I would say this is more of a second, mini pre-workout as opposed to a true intra-workout.

~$27 found on Bodybuilding.com plus their shipping rate for 20 servings is not great value in my opinion. There are many intra-workouts out there for about the $1 per serving mark. This supplement did work and I enjoyed it, so that saves the value a bit for me here. If the servings could be increased to about 30 or so per tub, this would be a really appealing value.

Side Effects

If you are not too careful with the amount of caffeine in here with the amount in your pre-workout, you're going to have a bad time.

Conclusion

I would ultimately recommend this because of the extra energy and endurance I experienced. Again, I think In-Kaged brings something different to the intra-workout world and is really unique. Although I do not think this is ideal for off days or to be run year round, it was great on training days when you are not cycling off caffeine obviously. I think the most ideal time to take this would be for a cut when you are lacking energy from reduced calories and want a higher heart rate to burn more calories. And as another side note, I really like the label on In-Kaged. The text is really easy to read because the ingredient profile is horizontal as opposed to the standard vertical label. The matte black container with metallic blue is also really eye-catching.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 7/10

April 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Dye Free
  • Has Caffeine
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Needs A Preworkout
  • Difficult To Take With Caffeine
Top of the day to you all!! Back with another review of a great product that I was unsure of at the beginning. That's what I love about the TROOP program. Average Joe's like me get a chance to try products without spending money on them because I probably wouldn't spend money to try them... I like to spend money on what I know works... With the TROOP program I have added several products to my cabinet that I wouldn't have otherwise so a BIG shout out to SR.com and Kaged Muscle.

(9/10)

FULL DISCLOSURE... I like FULL DISCLOSURE.... Anytime I buy a product now I look at the label FIRST.... if it's not fully disclosed I put it back.

124mg's of PurCaf, which is organic caffeine powder derived from green coffee that is 90.5% pure caffeine extract. There is a lot of caffeine in this product for a person who already takes a preworkout so watch out if you do so. 5g's of 2:1:1 BCAA's. I like the 3G's of Citrulline added to this product to help with pumps and endurance during the workout. If you are just using the 1.6 g's of Carnosyn Beta-Alanine then you might not feel any difference since this is considered under dosed. However, if you are using this in conjunction with a Preworkout you will more than likely have a sufficient amount of Beta Alanine in your system to help get you through with the addition of this product. Coconut water powder ins another ingredient used that is used in many pre, intra, and post workout products to help maintain and replenish electrolytes and hydration levels that are depleted during exercise. This is one of the things I look for nowadays in intraworkout drinks. Gotta love knowing your body's hydration levels are being replenished during exercise rather than waiting til after. Lastly 1g of Tyrosine which is a non-essential amino acid that contributes to increased focus and performance during intense workouts

Taste+Mixability+Dosing

(10/10)

Taste is really good. One of the better tasting intraworkout's I have had and I've had a lot. It's not chalky like some, no sour after taste, and not gritty. A VERY SOLID tasting drink.

The mixability is as expected. Very good. No problems with clumping or grittiness. I have come to expect this with all my intraworkout drinks and so far haven't been disappointed.

Dosing- I started with a half scoop because of the caffeine in it. I also used a preworkout during my time taking this so the caffeine I thought would bother me, but because it literally took my 1.5-2 hours to drink it all it really didn't. However, if you are stim sensitive don't take this and a preworkout. I see how it could bother you.

(8/10)

It's a different intraworkout with the caffeine in it than you will find with intraworkouts that don't have any. Although it can mean a bad crash from the caffeine afterward it sure does its job to help you get through the rough workouts. I tried the same workouts with it and without it and I could seriously tell the difference in my endurance. The same workout one week with In Kaged made me wear out faster and lose focus easier. I like what it did for me.

(7.5/10)

$1.35 a serving on bodybuilding.com could scare some people away and I see why. However, the ingredients are LEGIT and the fact that you do get 20 workouts (4-7 weeks) out of it is pretty good as well. If they could get it to 25-30 servings for the same price I would probably move this into my top 3 intraworkouts all time...

Side Effects

ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

Conclusion

(8.5/10)

I really like In-Kaged because of all the reasons listed above. It's decently priced, it gives you great energy and focus during your workouts etc... I'll definitely look for this product to see what kind of deals are out there in the future when I look for an intraworkout. Thank you to Kaged Muscle and SR.com.... without you guys I would've never known about such a great product. DEUCES!!!

March 28, 2016

• Taste
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Being my second Kaged Muscle Supplements product I am still impressed with the overall quality and purity of this product, it is something that is unique enough on its own while it is taking on other Amino Based Energy Supplements (ie Amino Energy). This formula is firstly containing several fermented ingredients as previously mentioned in my Pre Kaged review, and patented ingredients as well. We have 5g 2:1:1 BCAAs, combined with two other matrices that are not proprietary blends. 3g of L Citrulline for pump and endurance which is appropriately dosed and close to an actual dosage for solid pumps, 1.6g Carnosyn Beta Alanine which on its own would be underdosed compared to the clinical study for endurance, 500mg Coconut Water Powder which was actual powder and not chunks of coconut which made me happy! 1g Taurine, 500mg L Tyrosine, 124mg PurCaf... Well this product is a solid energy based BCAA product, and it is better dosed than any of the others out there! It is formulated to be ran alongside Pre Kaged, but as explained below in effectiveness "It isn't for the faint of heart!"

The formulation is fine and I have no issues besides the caffeine, but it isn't for everyone.. It certainly feels that this product is directed to take over the Energy Based Amino Products, rather than being just another Recovery Product.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Whoever formulated the flavors certainly needs a raise, because yet again this stuff is tastier than many products on the market! Cherry Lemonade is tasty as hell, but certainly was too sweet at the lower amount of water hence I would do 1 scoop with 24 ounces + of water. Mixabilty was fine for a BCAA supplement, being it is not instantized it could be better but really there was only a little settlement on the bottom when left to set there. Dosing was rather difficult on this one as explained below in effectiveness, but ultimately I found myself taking this either: several hours after the gym, on my days off being the only caffeine source for that day. 1 scoop was all I took at a time, being only 20 servings means I wanted to make this last.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
The first time that I took this product it was paired with pre kaged, and shortly after that I realized how I am not going to be able to run it like this ever again.. My heart rate was zooming! It definitely was too strong when ran next to pre kaged in my experience. I started taking this several hours after a workout due to the extreme energy witnessed, which is not the most beneficial regimen for all the advertised effects. In terms of energy taken on its own, it certainly was very high and effective! But of course isn't for everyone, which came to surprise as I take my stimulants very well.. I guess it has to be that purecaf organic caffeine. When it came to endurance it was very good, and I think part of that is due to the Citrulline at 3g, as it vaso dilates the blood vessels allowing blood and nutrients to fill those muscle fibers that we have broken down during the workout. In addition to the Citrulline I feel the coconut water helped with that as well in terms of hydration and the beta alanine as we all know works in this way. There was certainly a large amount of focus from the caffeine, but that tyrosine was moderately dosed which could be improved upon in terms of focus at 1g but may not be what is the main purpose of this product. Alongside the endurance as stated above was the pumps which were moderate as well, certainly could be better but was great for a Amino product! In terms of recovery or reduced DOMS I definitely feel it was beneficial, but since I wasn't able to run it as intra or post workout in relative terms I feel it may have reduced some of the beneficial recovery aspects. Overall in terms of Effectiveness I feel this product delivered, but was very difficult to take most of the time for me.

Value 7.3/10
You can pick this up for $28, but that is for only 20 servings costing you $1.40 a serving! If you use this product sparingly and as a energy supplement it isn't horrible, but if you want this for intra or recovery then you will be hurting for the money.. I would hope that kaged muscle is planning on coming out with a 30 serving version that costs less, but still I feel the value of this product is hurting.. There are cheaper and effective Pre Workout products that have similar ingredients (minus the purity or quality give or take) that costs less than this, and they give you some strengthening components like creatine + betaine..

Overall Conclusion 7.9/10
I would recommend this product to people out there, but be careful for the caffeine may prove to be too strong for some as it was for me. I would have loved to be able to stack this with a stim free product (pre + this as intra), as it would have been a Godsend and better overall orientated. I did like the formulation besides the caffeine, but at this higher cost I would like to have some creatine + betaine available.. Ultimately, this is a quality product and you are getting close to what you pay for but the value + difficultness taking this left me not able to fully run it. Thank you Kris and Kaged Muscle, I would love to see you guys stick around SR in the future.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 10/10

March 20, 2016

• Needs More Scoopz

Big thanks to Kaged nutrition and my apologies for getting this up late. This was a solid intra with a fully disclosed label and a good one at that. It had its staples but also a few bonus goodies as well

Very good profile for an intra supplement. A 5g bcaa product with a standard 2:1:1 ratio kicks off the intra label. Then comes some bonus ingredients with beta alanine to help with endurance and some L-citruline to help with some pumps. the product also has a gram of taurine and some L-tyrosine to go with it as well. This is also an energy booster featuring 124mg of caffeine which could be the one downfall of the profile especially if someone is stim sensitive.

Mixes really well. The dosing is one scoop with 16 to 20 ounces of water which I like because i prefer more liquid in my intra and it doesnt dilute the flavor. I had the cherry limeade flavor which was very good. Kind of sour at times. It was very pleasant to drink.

Energy: I took with this with a lower stimed pwo so i had some energy already but i never ran out during a workout. The caffeine really helped keep you going, but like i said before the caffeine can be a downfall because you dont want to over do it.

Pump: There was a slight pump boost with this product do to the l-citrulline It was an added bonus that you dont find in every intra. It wasnt a consistent pump boost which was unfortunate but any boost is better than no boost.

Endurance/Recovery: Endurance was up and so was recovery as well. On the endurance half i felt my reps per set rise up as well as the ability to push myself a bit more on cardio workouts. Recovery between sets was great as i never felt like I was getting shakey and i never felt like I was getting sore during my workouts.

7.5/10

27$ for 20 servings. Its a bit high for intra products but with the added goodies the value isnt terrible for what youre getting but its a bit high and at 20 servings, its just not enough servings in my opinion.

Side Effects

I didnt have any negative sides while using this product.

Conclusion

Overall it is a solid intra product. Im not entirely sold on caffeine intra workout because too much caffeine can actually make a workout worse. 20 servings is also just too low even though at 5 workouts a week its a month supply i just like the 30 scoop model. All in all a great product especially if you like the caffeine boost intra workout.

March 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Needs More Scoopz

Gilla here, reviewing Kaged Muscle's In-Kaged. These guys have sort of gone on the offensive against the 600lb gorilla in the room, ON and their competing Energy BCAA product...just play nice, kids. Side intro note: I really like the packaging/labeling. Crisp, clean text with no outrageous claims, including a unique code you go onto a website to verify you aren't consuming a fake. I mean, I personally don't care as long as A. I Get Gainz, B. It tastes good and C. I don't die...but its a nice benefit.

In-Kaged is on the boat of more recent BCAA/Intras that are packing an extra punch, which I love. Short and quick overview.

You get what is (sadly) the industry standard of 5Grams of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. As always, I want more juice per scoop!

The next section on the beautifully transparent label, is the Endurapumpa section, with Citrulline, Beta Alanine and Coconut water. Hitting all the areas you look for in an intra.

Finally, the most controversial section...the energy. With Tyrosine and (natural) caffeine to pimp your game a little.

Cherry Lemonade is the flavor I received and I'm cherry biased, so it was an easy win for me. I loves Cherry Limeade flavors and I'll never STFU about it, but Cherry Lemonade is a nice twist. The lemon of the lemonade aspect is apparent, but not overpowering. It's actually sort of a nice contrast from the "strong" taste of limes, much smoother and more passive. The cherry was also quite passive. It wasn't completely cherry candyesque, but wasn't tarty "real" cherry that no one really likes. Muy bueno.

Mixed well. I shook it.

I went with 1-1.5 scoopz.

I'll start off by saying, I never dosed this with a stim-pre...because well, stims + stims is just silly. I dosed this with a pump product for my second workouts of the day anywhere from 8 to 12 hours after my first workout with a stimmy pre. With that...

Energy - I loved what this product brought. I wanted a late afternoon pick-me-up either after a day of sitting on my ass at work or taking a nap between gym sessions on weekend. The energy wasn't the "artificial" jolt you get from the Synephrine laced pres, but more of a smooth coffee-esque energy that was more tapered than quick. It did exactly what I wanted it to do.

Hydration - The coconut water aspect made this product a sipper. One sip between sets and I was good. On heavier lifting days, I'd gulp more, to ensure I'd get more of the caffeine kick I wanted, but on lighter lifting or cardio days, I'd probably only go through about 60% of my shaker due to the strong hydration qualities.

Endurance - I think in conjunction with the caffeine, the beta alanine and hydration element did actually work here. Naturally if you are more energized, you are more "sharp" which is how I felt with this product and felt like I could go on and on. You can also feel the beta alanine with each workout, so that's some quality pure ingredients there.

Pump - As a standalone, I ran this product by itself once...the pump is meh. As a complimentary product to an existing pump product, getting a second-workout pump was nice and easy. It wasn't full blown first workout juiciness but it was quite decent in conjunction with a pump product used.

Recovery - Eh, nothing miraculous like Amino X/Intra Blast, but I did feel minor improvement. As usual, I was hoping there'd be more BCAA content, but a scoop is already 16.9 grams, so I guess you can't get too crazy.

Can be found for $27...for 20 servings. A 30 serving container for that price would be awesome. A 20 serving container is sort of meh. I think a 20 serving container of any supplement is sort of lamesauce.

Side Effects

Nothing.

Conclusion

Overall, In-Kaged is a very solid option in the BCAA/Intra market. It hits all of the targets I look for in an Intra product and should give a nice boost in a number of areas to your workouts. Would recommend for sure.

March 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Solid Pumps
  • Endurance
  • Has Caffeine
  • Needs To Be Paired With PREKAGED To Hit Clinical Doses
Big thanks to Kaged Muscle for participating in the TROOPS Program. Let's not waste any time getting into this one. The following is my unbiased review of their intra-workout product In-Kaged.

Ingredient Profile: (8/10)

This is a good looking product on paper. You have your BCAAs (of course) along with Citrulline thrown in for added pumps, Coconut Water Powder for hydration, Beta-Alanine for endurance and caffeine and tyrosine for energy and focus. A nice intra/pre hybrid of sorts, if you will. This product has the potential to me multi-faceted and usable in different ways, which I can surely appreciate. However, for this review, I'll bee looking at it purely from an intra-workout standpoint since that is how it's marketed and categorized.

Taste/Mixing: (8/10)

Another solid score here for taste and mixing. The flavor was Cherry Limeade, which usually tends to agree with me and this was no exception. The right mix of both sweet and tart, this was enjoyable to sip on during my workout and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary in terms of mixing beside your standard foaming. Good job here by Kaged Muscle.

Effectiveness: (7.6/10)

This was a decent intra product. I felt it helped slightly in reducing DOMs and boosting endurance, and it added some nice pumps as well. However, I don't feel that the tyrosine of caffeine brought anything to the table and because of that, the addition of caffeine felt almost pointless and even counterproductive at times. I frequently found myself worrying about my overall caffeine intake after some coffee at work and whatever pre-workout I may have been using that day. Therefore, this is a big reason why I would think twice about using this again. I originally thought the inclusion of caffeine was a neat idea but ended up wishing that instead of the caffeine, they would have beefed up the Beta-Alanine dosage instead.

Value: (7/10)

This isn't a cheap product, but I wouldn't call it overly expensive either. For $27 you get 20 servings, working out to $1.35 per serving. It's definitely above the average, but nothing jaw dropping. I would say if you're in the market for a solid intra product with some added kick, this could be a winner for you.

Overall: (7.3/10)

As stated previously, I do think this is a solid intra product from Kaged Muscle. It provided a slight increase in recovery, pumps and endurance, but the thought of over-stimulation was constantly in the back of my mind due to the inclusion of caffeine. 124mg is nothing to shake a stick at, and I feel it better to play safe than sorry. If they were to come out with a stimulant free version of this, I'd be all aboard, but until then, I don't think this is one I'll be returning to.
  • Cherry Lemonade: 8/10

March 14, 2016

• Some Crash Toward The End Of The Container
Big thanks to SR troops and Kage Muscle for the opportunity to give this amazing intra workout a whirl. Big fan of intra workouts as they are a key staple, because I feel like not only do they help with recovery and endurance and doms, they also help with the body from using muscles for energy therefore killing mass gains.

This product lived up to its expectations and more. Good to see companies out there are getting back to creating solid transparent products. In Kage claims:

Intra-Workout Endurance Fuel!
Proven, Patented Ingredients to Help Improve Endurance, and Enhance Your Toughest Workouts

These are not overly exaggerated claims that most companies make. Very simple down to the point and come through magnificently.
================================
Ingredients: 8/10 - So at first I was going to give the ingredients a solid 10. Its a clear transparent label. You know exactly of which ingredient you are getting and the amounts. Also there some useful extra ingredients that really help elevate this product to the top of the Intra world. However, the Caffeine aspect was both a high and a down point for me in terms of side effects. Personally I would have kept the Caffeine out but I did like it in. I know its weird but I will explain in detail below.

Besides what the label attached shows of the ingredient list id like to throw some points towards some ingredients that I think are well done for this Intra.

1) Coconut Water - Low in calories, naturally fat- and cholesterol free, more potassium than four bananas, and super hydrating.
2) Taurine 1g - taurine helps muscles work harder, longer and safer. Taurine increases muscle contractility both within the heart and joints resulting in more powerful workouts. Taurine also helps to remove lactic acid build-up which means that you can carry on working out for longer than you would otherwise.
3) L-Cetrulline - 3g - Great product to really increase the pump.

All together these plus all the other ingredients together work really well.

================================
Dosing: 10/10 - Very straight forward. I would drink this during my workout, adding a little bit of water to the mixture as I drank it. Wanted to use it throughout my entire workout.

================================
Taste: 8/10 - I received the cherry lemonade. Great tasting, not too sweet or tarty, not too sour. Just right. Also when adding about 12oz of water to the mixture it mixes well, breaks completely down and tastes fantastic.

================================
Effectiveness: 8.5/10 - This product delivered on multiple claims and even on some that were not mentioned but I noticed a big plus on.

Energy: 12/10 - 12 Really Gkeezy, why 12. Ill tell you why 12. So obviously I was taking a PWO before my workout that gave me good energy and good pump. However, when taking this during the workout, the extra caffeine and cetrulline really kicks the workout in a whole new super sayin lvl 5000. I mean you start to sweat, you really get a sick kick in the pants. It almost feels like doing the original Jack3D with the banned substance. Be ready to sweat upon sweat upon sweat. You will have more energy then the energizer bunny. Be sure to drink a ton of water, or you will burn out. There were times where I had so much energy I began to feel dizzy and had to stop.

Pumps: 9/10 - The PWO pumps are good, this makes the pumps solid. Like literally solid. Esp if you are training things like arms or shoulders, even chest, let me tell you something you will feel like your arms are going to fall off. Its going to be painful but the pump will be insane and your arms will thank you by growing bigger and bigger.

Endurance: 7/10 - The endurance is good, its not that great. I mean the initial kick of energy really wipes out your reserves pretty quickly, so this helps a bit keep the engine roaring, but not by much. After the hour consider yourself tired.

Focus: 6/10 - Does it help with focus ? yes a bit. But probably mostly because you have so much energy and you dont really know what to do with it, so you try your best to focus it into the workouts so you get the most out of it. Does it increase focus ? no? does it force you to focus ? yes. def.
================================
Value: 8/10 - So its about $26 but you only get 20 servings. Its not cheap but its not exp either. Its right there where its affordable and actually really worth taking a shot.

================================
Side Effects- 9/10 - So heres the biggest side effect of the caffeine. Get ready to have the runs to the bathroom regularly after you workout. Every single damn time. Probably because whatever PWO energy your pwo has this almost doubles it. Thats a lot of caffeine, and I personally did not handle it well after.

================================
Overall: 8.5/10 - Great Intra workout. Get it. Try it. You'll love it.