Creatine-HCl (Powder) Reviews

By: Kaged Muscle

Creatine-HCl (Powder) is a Creatine HCl product manufactured by Kaged Muscle. It contains creatine hydrochloride which is proposed to be a more absorbent and bloat free format of the traditional version. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

March 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gets You Extra Reps
  • Slight Increase In Muscle Definition
  • No Water Retention
  • Sucralose On Flavored Option

I was drawn to Kaged Muscle C-HCL because I have always had a love-hate relationship with creatine. I took Kre-alkalyn back in the day and it did not do much for me. I moved onto Phosagen by EAS and that worked for a while but I would always bloat on it. After that, I bounced between creatine blends, designer creatines, and straight creatine monohydrates. For the most part, I would bloat, have nausea, or GI issues with them except for Con-Cret, Nutrabio HCl and Nutrabio Creatine Monohydrate. I recently ran out of my Nutrabio Creatine Monohydrate and after shuffling around my supplement budget, I decided to try C-HCL by Kaged Muscle.

The main active ingredient in both versions of the product is Creatine Hydrochloride (Patented C-HCl). The Lemon Lime flavored version I am reviewing also contains natural flavors, stevia, and sucralose. Creatine works by increasing creatine and phosphocreatine levels within the body. This is important because as an individual works out they convert ATP into ADP, which cannot be used for energy. The ADP will then bind to a phosphate from the phopshocreatine (there are higher levels now due to creatine supplementation) and convert back into ATP, which can be used for energy. Thus, a person can increase their performance during their workout due to the increase of energy. As I state in all my reviews, bioscience is not my area so this is how I understand creatine supplementation.

It is important to address that this includes Creatine Hydrochloride as opposed to creatine monohydrate or other forms. Creatine HCl is created by binding the creatine molecule to hydrochloric acid. It is said that creatine hyrochloride requires a lower dosage than creatine monohydrate and has increased bio-availability (due to lower ph level). In addition, it is supposed to have fewer side effects. There is one study that I found that came to the conclusion that doses for creatine HCl may have an ergogenic effect that is comparable to those of creatine monohydrate (1). It was difficult to find studies on creatine HCl, I did find a presentation done by a professor from the University of Manitoba (2). However, in the disclosures the presenter is the co-inventor of creatine hydrochloride (the presenter, Donald Miller, actually holds the patent for Creatine HCl that Kaged Muscle uses). It seemed like this presentation was referenced a lot in articles I saw by companies that sell creatine HCl products.

The product comes in two versions being Lemon Lime and Unflavored. This review is based on the Lemon Lime version, which I thought the taste was just okay. When I first tried it, I was reminded of this effervescent I take as an antacid called Galeffi/Brioschi. It does not taste horrible and I was never deterred from taking it due to the taste. I did prefer to have the flavored option. I have tried the unflavored version and that was very tart and sour but when mixed with another supplement (other than protein/dairy based) it was fine. In terms of mixability, it mixed very well and had a very cloudy look to it with minimal residue at the bottom (if I recall the unflavored version mixed clearer so this could be the flavoring). In terms of dosing, the bottle recommends 1-2 serving (750 mg) per 100 pounds of body weight, for me that would have been four scoops a day at max dosage (3g). I never felt like I needed to go that high and stayed at 2.25 g per day. On workout days, my dosage was one scoop since I was taking pre-kaged and on off days it ended up being three scoops.

Over the course of the bottle, I noticed increased strength, recovery and overall performance in the gym as opposed to when I am off creatine. In terms of strength, I just switched up my workout routine and noticed I was stronger than last year starting out (I was off creatine last year when I made the switch). For recovery, I did not seem as sore as I was last year when I made the workout swap. In addition, I noticed that I was able to push farther on the trails during my runs (not by much but enough to notice). My overall performance was increased with being able to push out a couple of more reps. The C-HCl I felt was comparable to creatine monohydrates in the past and did not surpass them in effectiveness on strength, recovery, and performance. However, I did notice with C-HCl that my muscles were slightly more defined than on creatine monohydrate. I am going to assume that this has to do with less water retention. On the bottle, Kaged Muscle claims no bloating and cramping, which I never had while taking the product. In the past, I have had issues with other creatine products most notably cheap monohydrates I would buy from Amazon or other retailers. The only one I did not have issues with was Nutrabio's creatine monohydrate. In terms of how this stacks up against other creatine HCl's my results were almost identical while, I was on Con-Cret and Nutrabio Creatine HCl. I do not believe that this "patent" form is superior to other creatine HCl's on the market.

Value is very important to me as a consumer. You can find C-HCl at most retailers for $24.99, which is $.33 per scoop. Now, if you look at my dosages this ends up being about a $.33-$1.00 a day depending on if it is a workout or off day. This honestly is quite expensive. However, I will note that it is on sale frequently. Most deals I see are 25% OFF and BOGO 50% OFF. This brings the price down to about $.24 per scoop, which is still expensive. Con-Cret you are looking at $.54 per scoop, which is a lot more expensive than Kaged Muscle C-HCl. I found Nutrakey Creatine HCl for $0.23 per scoop and Nutrabio Creatine HCl for $.16 per scoop. As for creatine monohydrate, I can get Nutrabio's for $.10 a serving. Kaged Muscle C-HCl is priced on the higher side even when on sale. If you are already taking Kaged Muscle products, it may be something to try but be aware there are cheaper brands out there. Personally, I will continue with C-HCl as I prefer having the flavored option (even though the flavor is just okay).

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, this was an effective product with similar results to creatine monohydrate. However, it did have a slight edge as I felt my muscles looked more defined on C-HCl (I believe due to less water retention). It performed almost identical to Con-Cret and Nutrabio Creatine HCl. I would definitely recommend trying it if you are in the market for a creatine HCl. However, be aware that there are cheaper products out there. Personally, this will be my flavored creatine HCl of choice (I will be trying Nutrakey's eventually). Whether I take this over creatine monohydrate will depend on my finances for the month and if I am cutting because of the increased muscle definition I saw. This is a good product from Kaged Muscle that I would definitely recommend.

(1) Herda et al (2009), Effects of creatine monohydrate and polyethylene glycosylated creatine supplementation on muscular strength, endurance, and power output. J Strength Cond Res, 23: 818-826.
(2) Miller, D. Oral bioavailability of creatine supplements: Is there room for improvement? Annual Meeting of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2009.

-Xcmiler
  • Lemon Lime: 6/10

April 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gets You Extra Reps
  • Muscle Fullness
  • No Water Retention
  • Recovery
  • Solubility
  • A Bit Pricey

My last review after using a triad of Kaged Muscle supplements, and this one will go about like the others have. Whether or not Kris really does all the research he claims I don't know, but I do know that they put a lot of effort into marketing their products as highly studied and ultra pure.

750mg of creatine HCL per scoop with 75 scoops per container. Creatine HCL is a form of creatine that is said to be easier on the system than monohydrate. Claims are made that there is less bloating and that there is no need to pre load as with mono. They also provide this checklist on the BB.com site for KM supplements...
Patented Creatin HCl YES X
Manufactured in the USA YES X
Artificial Flavors
Artificial Colors
BSCG Certified YES X
Vegetable Capsules YES X
3rd Party Tested YES

Unflavored is the only option here and unflavored is truly what you get. A very fine powder that did clump some in the tub but was easy to break up. When mixing it dissolved perfectly no extra shaking or stirring needed. Dosing is a matter of preference and weight. For me 2 scoops pre workout was the norm.

The claims made for this product are what I will use to judge the product on, and t=at the end the performance in the weight room.

Can help avoid gastrointestinal issues sometimes associated with Creatine.
I cant say yes or no here as I have never really had any gastrointestinal stress when using any for of creatine.
No Water Retention
I do usually have an issue with some bloating and a very watery full look while using monohydrate, with this product I was able to stay fairly dry. No extra water retention at all.
No Loading Phase
I don't know how fast this was saturated into my muscles, but from the studies I have read this is true of HCL regardless of the brand. I know while using monohydrate I would notice the bloat after a few days with this I could feel a slight difference within the 1st couple of days strength wise, but no visible effects.
For performance I was able to knock out a few more reps than usual and on the heavier sets it felt like I could push a little longer. I also noticed quite a noticeable increase in vascularity. Veins particularly in my chest and shoulders came to the surface much more than usual, i'm not sure if this is from the creatine and being drier than usual but I noticed it much more prominent while dosing this.

For me 2 scoops a day puts this at a 36-37 day supply for 27.97 or .64cents a day. It is a little on the higher side of creatine products for sure. It seems to be a quality supplement and you pay for quality. In my opinion you have to ask, is a little bloat, water retention, and a short loading phase worth a few extra dollars? Depending on the answer is whether the value is there. BB.com is the only place I currently see this available and they often run 15-25% off or BOGOs of this particular brand so if you can catch one of those sales give it a shot for sure.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I mentioned in my value section this product comes down to, are the few perks worth the extra price? Kris and the people at Kaged Muscle so far have put out nothing but quality and I look forward to reviewing the few products still without reviews as well as the ones I have seen advertised on his social media pages.

April 6, 2016

• Bad Taste When By Itself In Water

What's up SR, first of all I would like to thank SR and Kaged muscle for giving me this opportunity to try their creatine hydrochloride. I work 60 hours a week in a labor intensive field and I started training 4 days a week for a meet prep on May 7. I am always looking for something to give me a boost and aid in muscle growth and recovery. Did this product work for me? Yes! Was it my favorite creatine supplement so far? No but it is in my top five! Creatine is a staple in my supplement stack. When I saw this opportunity I decided to have a go

The ingredient profile of this product is pretty basic and straight to the point. Creatine Hydrochloride has been shown to be negated by the stomach acid and turn into the basic creatine molecule. Personally regular monohydrate doesn't agree with me so I explore different avenues of creatine such as hydrochloride and Kre Alkalyn. There's no loading phase, no water retention, and no GI issues.

I got the "unflavored" flavor. Its unflavored if you mix it in a pre/post or protein drink. When I tried it with water it had a very sweet and nasty lemon lime type flavor. I would take three scoops pre workout and three post. When I would mix it with my pre I couldn't taste it at all. There was no mixability issues. On days I didn't workout I would only take two scoops.

The nuts and bolts of it all. First of all I always know if its good creatine or if my body is reacting to it when I get foot cramps throughout the day while not being fully hydrated. I got this more often than I should have. When taking this creatine I was able to push for more reps especially on sets I was doing volume exercises that I wasn't looking forward to. Also while taking this I noticed more vascularity in my arms. Some different forms of creatines I have tried I notice a lot of veins making their way to the top on my chest. I can't say for sure because I don't wear cut shirts anymore while lifting. Even when I was doing squats my ropes would be bulging on my biceps. I usually feel some sort of an exaggerated pump whenever I take creatine and with this supplement it was definitely there. Why do I think its not the best I have ever tried? The muscle fullness I usually feel hours after my workout wasn't there. Also while I was able to get a few reps out more, this wasn't as continuous as others. To be honest I thought this was a good creatine supplement especially for people like me who their body doesn't do great with normal mono. Also my muscles didn't seem to be as sore as usual with this even when I had an epic workout. Without the water retention I felt my muscles were more tone and not so blocky.

The value I found was $27.97 on bb.com. Even with the amount of servings I had I still think this is a good deal. 75 servings comes in a tub and if you weigh less than me and don't do the same amount I did its bordering on a steller deal.

Side Effects

The usual side effects which I mentioned I would get foot cramps frequently IF and only if I wasn't hydrated that day. I didn't get the usual intense sweating so that was a plus.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is after my next run of creatine nitrate I'll be torn between buying another tub of this or trying out Green Magnitude. Overall I was pleased with this product and I would recommend it to others. Again it wasn't my favorite but it was extremely effective.

2.0
  March 25, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Solubility
- Introduction -
Creatine, oh I love creatine. It is by far my favorite supplement to enhance strength and build muscle, so when Kaged put this out for us TROOPers to try I jumped on it right away. As far as workouts and diet, I do a simple 5x5 training system and fish, eggs and greens diet. Now, lets get into the good stuff.

- Ingredient Profile -
It's creatine HCl and nothing else. If you want more information on what it does and the claimed benefits check it out here for creatine: https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/ and here for creatine HCl: https://examine.com/faq/what-is-the-best-form-of-creatine/

Basically Creatine HCl is suppose to be better because of the following claims being made by Kaged:

Can help avoid gastrointestinal issues sometimes associated with Creatine
No Water Retention
No Loading Phase
Concentrated Requiring Only Micro-Dosing
Solubility

We will explore some of these claims below.

- Taste/Mixability/Dosing -
Unflavored which means their is no flavor added, so it does have a slight taste which I will relate to a somewhat salty taste. Not 100% sure how to describe it, however I only took it by itself once and would not recommend dosing it as such rather mix it with a smoothie or protein shake which is has I used this.

- Effectiveness; 7.5/10
Creatine is creatine, or so some say. There are all sorts of different types of creatine all claiming to be better than the standard creatine monohydrate, however they usually do not have a whole lot of studies to back them, or the studies are flawed or they used to little of a sample group. From my experience taking creatine, I have enjoyed the results I see from the tested and considered one of the purest forms of creatine, Creapure. So once I decided to try Creatine HCl I was hoping to noticed a difference from my standard creatine which I did. From their suggestion it of dosing 1 serving per 100lbs of bodyweight and 1-2 per 100lbs of bodyweight on days you workout. 1 serving is 750mg of Creatine HCl, so their suggested dosage is roughly 1500-3000mg per day depending on bodyweight and the amount of exercise done. Over the roughly 3 weeks of taking this to their specifications I noticed my recovery was overall more noticeable than my standard creatine, but not a major difference. For example my recovery days are shortened, after my Sunday workouts I would feel it all day Monday even with my dosage of Creapure. When I took Creatine HCl my recovery was shortened but not overall. It is hard to explain, but normally I do a full body workout on Sundays, so I have sore spots all across my body even when I take Creapure(5 grams) daily. Once I started the Creatine HCl I was still sore in some area, but not in others. Such as my upper body was not nearly as sore as normal, but my legs and lower half were even though my workouts did not change at all. Not sure if I can attribute that reduced soreness on the Creatine HCl or maybe my body was adjusting to my workouts. Overall I would hope and expect Creatine HCl to do a better job because the price is much higher. As far as the claims being made, I never had stomach problems with creatine, never had water retention either(And never should if using a quality creatine), as far as no laoding phase, I never did this because I take creatine year round anyways. Mirco-Dosing is nice, but seriously do I notice a difference between 1.5 grams of Creatine HCl vs my normal 5 grams of Creapure? No, not at all because it is mixed in a shaker or blender. Finally the solubility of creatine HCl, this is the only claim I truly believe. And this would make a difference in how much creatine is able to be absorbed into your system meaning you would be getting more creatine out of the 1.5 grams of Creatine HCl than the same amount of creatine HCl. Again, this is more of a claim than proven as I have not been able to find much solid evidence to back their claims. All in all I think Creatine HCl is an upgrade from stand creatine mono, but not by much.

- Value: Um....
Price is a factor when it comes to Kaged Creatine HCl at $28 for 75 servings at 750mg per serving at first sounds like an okay deal, however if you are taking an average of 3 servings per day like myself it means the price per day is a little over $1 for Kaged Creatine HCl. After a quick Google search I found another source for Creatine HCl and that is from amazon.com and you can purchase 500 grams of Creatine HCl from Bulksupplements.com for $20(3 cents per .750 serving) vs the 56 grams from Kaged on Bodybuilding.com for $28(37 cents per .750 serving). I don't know about you, but I am going with the 500 grams for less. Because of this, I do not think Kaged Creatine HCl has a shred of value to it and recommend Bulksupplements.com's Creatine HCl if this is the type of creatine you are looking to use.

Side note I have used and continue to use Bulksupplements.com's supplements such as their raw BCAA's and other various other supplements and have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
Kaged Muscle is a likeable brand, being that they use open ingredient profiles and seem to dose their products rather well. As far as their Creatine HCl which I think is a good product, it just simply not worth the price since there are much cheaper options out there. So unless they give me a reason as to why their creatine HCl is better than Bulksupplements.com's is, I think it would be financially irresponsible to purchase Kaged Muscle's Creatine over Bulksupplements.com's. The reason for the "Meh" recommendation over the outright "No" is I do not think this is a horrible product, because its a great product as results go it is simply way overpriced.

Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending their Creatine HCl out for review! Enjoyed trying out your product.

March 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gets You Extra Reps
  • Muscle Fullness
  • No Water Retention
  • A Bit Pricey
First I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting us troopers have the chance to try this. I had just finished a creatine product I was on and wanted to stay on creatine for awhile longer before I cycled off it again. I saw this up for grabs on the trooper program and figured I would give it a try. Had a little issue with getting this and had to contact the company because it was never sent out to me and my order got canceled. If a product is not sent out in 14 days on the trooper program the item gets canceled. I still wanted to try this so I contacted the company letting them know what happened and that I was a little upset I never got this and they were more than apologizing and sent this out to me right away. I have no issues with them over this just glad I was still able to get it.

Ingredients:
This is made up of creatine HCL. You get 750mg per serving. They came up with the patient for this C-HCL so they have the rights to this product.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on bodybuilding.com for $27.97 for 75 servings. If you can get by with 1 scoop I don't think it is to bad a deal. Like for me I had to use 2 scoop so the value does bring it down a little but not to bad. I would say this is kind of the run of the mill price for a creatine product.

Taste:
This comes in either powder or pill form. I had the powder form. I always mixed this with my pre-workout and noticed no difference in the taste of my pre-workout with this added to it. I did have to take this once on it's own because I forgot to mix it with my pre-workout. I took two scoops and put them in my mouth and had to try and wash it down with some water. I would not recommend doing it this way because it tasted horrible doing it that way. So pretty much no taste to it if you mix it with some kind of flavor drink.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed like as soon as it hit water it dissolved right away. They say for every 100lbs you weight you should take 2 scoops. Since I weight around 195lbs I just went with 2 scoops each time.

This was the first time I had ever used just straight HCL on it's own. Before when I had used it, it was always in a blend with other creatines. So how it would work on it's own I was not sure. I was really surprised how tiny a scoop you need. With the scoop being so small really made me wondering how is this going to work at such a small amount. I was rather surprised what this little scoop was able to do for me. I have heard that with HCL you only need a very small amount for it to be effective. As soon as I started taking this I could notice my strength gains start to go up right away. I notice I was able to push some heavier weight that I have not done in awhile and was doing it with a lot more ease. My overall lifts felt a lot better and could do more heavier sets than normal and not struggle to do them. Also I could feel that my body felt better overall and was not nearly as sore from those harder workouts I would do. I think this helped give me a lot better recovery which was nice. I felt like my endurance and energy was very much improved and could go a little longer on my workouts.

I could notice my hydration was much improved after taking because I did not feel like I needed that extra water. This never made me feel all bloated at all which was really nice. I do feel this helped me put on some good muscle mass and made my muscles look a little more full and more cut up. I do think this helped me maintain my body weight but never really increased a lot like I have with other creatines I have used.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed. It's nice that this won't cause you any gut issues or bloating.

Overall:
I was rather pleased with this product and liked what it did for me. I had my doubts right away on how well this will work when I saw how small a scoop you need but don't let that part of it fool you at all. This will do a lot for you in many areas. If your looking for a creatine product that won't give you any gut issues or make you feel all bloated then give this a try. This will also help you perform better and give you some good strength, endurance, and recovery gains. This is something I will for sure look to again if I need a creatine that's effective and works. Again thanks Kaged Muscle for working with me at getting this sent out to me after my issue I had stated above.

March 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gets You Extra Reps
  • Muscle Fullness
  • No Water Retention

Before I start I want to thank Kaged Muscle for allowing me to try/review Creatine HCI. This will be my first review of three different Kaged Muscle products. Creatine is usually a staple in my supplement stack and usually switch up the types of creatine available. During this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on strength and some hypertrophy.

Claims:
    * Can help avoid gastrointestinal issues commonly associated with Creatine such as bloating, diarrhea, gas, and cramping
    * No Water Retention
    * No Loading Phase
    * Concentrated Requiring Only Micro-Dosing
    * Solubility

There is only one ingredient which is 750mg of Creatine HCI. I did measure out 750mg compared to the scoop size and it was pretty spot on for the most part. The tub suggests to use 1-2 servings per 100lbs of bodyweight.

Creatine hydrochloride (HCL) is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCL) group to creatine to enhance its stability. With better solubility in liquids because of acidity, the intestines absorb HCI better.

Taste- There was no taste whatsoever.

Mixability- I mixed 2 scoops in water and didn't notice any kind of settling at the bottom. In fact it seemed to dissolve right at contact with liquid.

Dosing- I followed the directions on the tub: Take 30-60 min before training with 4-6oz of liquid. Use 1-2 servings per 100lbs of body weight.

In terms of effectiveness this hit on all cylinders. When comparing this to other types of creatine products, I felt like I was recovering faster after workouts. I wasn't nearly as sore as usual while being able to hit more reps per working sets. With adding extra reps comes PR's and gains. I noticed a 15lb increase on my squat and deadlift while adding 10lbs to my bench. In terms of bloating or stomach comfort that I get when using monohydrate, I didn't notice anything at all with HCI.

You can find Kaged Muscle Creatine HCI in powder or capsule form on Bodybuilding.com for $27.97. With 75 servings for each form, your looking at paying around .37 cents per serving. I found this to be right in the middle for price with other Creatine HCI products. Kaged Muscle sells bottles for about $1 more per bottle/tub. However with Bodybuilding.com they are usually always running deals and found a buy 1 get 1 half off.

Side Effects

None - No signs of stomach discomfort or bloating.

Conclusion

In conclusion I found Kaged Muscle Creatine HCI to be a very solid product that helped me in terms of strength, recovery and mass. I would definitely use this product again and will buy a few tubs in the very near future. What impressed me the most was not getting any stomach discomfort or bloating compared to other products. Thanks again to Kaged Muscle for participating in the SR Troop Program!

6.8
      March 4, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gets You Extra Reps
    • Muscle Fullness
    • No Water Retention
    • A Bit Pricey

Having used creatine monohydrate back in the 1990's I was keen to try creatine-HCl (c-HCl): mono worked well for me but I had water retention on it.

Profile is simple: pure c-HCl. Micronized powder. No other additives or colorants. Excellent.

Labdoor.com
    Unfortunately no Kaged products tested on Labdoor.com yet so veracity of the label can't be confirmed.

I just dissolved it in water. Unlike creatine mono and other forms, c-HCl is very soluble. Slightly acidic taste, not surprising due to some free HCl on dissolution. No issue however. Kaged recommends 1 scoop (750mg) per 100lbs of body weight, so being around 215lbs I took 2 scoops (1.5g) mid morning, shortly before working out. I took the same on off days. No loading phase.

Note: I weighed out 750mg and its a semi-heaping scoop, if that makes sense.

C-HCl works just like you would expect a creatine product to do: you can really squeeze out those two extra reps you thought you couldn't do. There was reduced muscle fatigue, and muscle fullness visibly improved after a couple of workouts. Last summer I ran a tub of Green Magnitude which worked very well. I would say performance wise c-HCl is on a par with that. Hard to say but I may have had a little water retention with Green Mag, though nothing like mono. Absolutely NO water retention with c-HCl however.

Here is the only downside to c-HCl for me. Kaged recommends 1 scoop/100lbs bodyweight, but for extra intense training sessions (are there any other kind?), take the same after training. So thats over 4 scoops (3g) on training days for me. There are 75 scoops in a tub, which means around 19 training days. C-HCl is currently $29 on Kaged's website so thats $1.50 per training day. There are several PWOs with c-HCl in: an example is Pre-Jym. That costs about $1.50/serving and includes 2g c-HCl, plus of course a whole lot of other stuff. Alternatively, Tr1umph, from Olympus labs, which I just started running for the phosphatides, contains (at $1/serving) 2.5g c-HCl plus 15g soy lecithin for a big phosphatide hit, along with other stuff (betaine, choline, aminos).

Side Effects

Conclusion

Kaged states they have sole rights to the sale of c-HCl in a single supplement. Obviously there are costs associated with that. I get that. Its a very good product that works well. However you will get better value if you get your c-HCl as part of a mixed product. If you happen to prefer a PWO that does not have c-HCl in it, and you want to get the benefits of c-HCl, then Kaged's single product formulation is the only way to go.