Citrulline Powder Reviews

By: Kaged Muscle

Citrulline Powder is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by Kaged Muscle. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

February 11, 2017

• Aids In Endurance
  • Convenient Dosing
  • No Fillers
  • No Taste
  • Sick Pumps
    First off I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I have used just about every product so far that Kaged Muscle has made and everything has been really good for me. Kaged Muscle has become one of my top favorite companies out there because what great products they make and how effective they are. This was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. I wanted to give this a try and see if it could help give me a little more pumps during my workouts.

Ingredients:
    This is just your basic fermented grade citrulline. Each scoop give you 2g. What they mean by fermented is that their products are made from vegetable products instead of human hair and duck feathers. Also like that they use no other ingredients. I am glad they use pure citrulline instead of citrulline malate. With citrulline malate if it says 6g you are really only getting 3g. With pure citrulline you get more and it will last you longer.

Value:
    The cheapest I could find this was on amazin.com They want $18.88 for 100 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for what you are getting. I know some people will use more than one scoop at a time like I did but that still in my opinion does not lower the price much at all.

Taste:
    This comes in unflavored powder. I did not think it was bad at all. Even when mixed in my pre-workout I could hardly tell it was even in there.

Mixing/Dosing.
    One scoop is very small and would mix very well with no issues at all. Dosing can vary a bit depend on the person. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps I had to take at times a couple extra scoops. I would say between 1-3 scoop is what I would usually take. It depended on how much was in the pre-workout I was taking. If it had none or very little I would up my servings to two or three.

Like I said above this was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this was nice to have to add a little extra so I could feel those pumps more. I would usually use between 2-3 scoops (4g-6g) depending on what body part I was working. To determine how much I would use depended on how much I was all ready getting in my pre-workout. On days when I would usually feel pumps the most were on leg day. On one of my legs days I kind of over did it a little on the citrulline with 3 scoops. I wanted to go a little heavier that day (with out thinking that the pumps may be a little to much because of the extra citrulling I was using) and not long after I started I had to back off the weight a bit. The pumps I was getting in my legs were really intense and very painful like. It made it really hard to do my leg workout that day because the pumps were so painful. The pump I was getting seemed to last me a really long time and could still feel it a little into the evening time. Then there was another day I was working my forearms and was feeling pretty good so I decided to hit it a little harder. After doing that workout for my forearms they felt like they were screaming because the pump I was getting was real painful like. After judging from these couple of workouts I had to back off a little with how much I used. After using this for awhile the intense and painful pumps I was getting did not seem to effect me as much. I know I did back off some and that helped so they were not as painful like. I know if I would have upped the dosage again they could have been just as painful like before. I do like getting a nice sick pump but not to the point it is painful like.

Cltrulline is an amino acid that helps with nitric oxide metabolism and regulation. Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine in the body, leading to increases in both L-Arginine and nitric oxide. Increased production of nitric oxide promotes vascular dilation, which helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body. Also citrulline helps with opening your blood vessels more so you can get more blood flow through them.

Side Effects:
    Depending on how much you take and what body part you are working the pumps could feel to painful.

Overall:
    I thought overall this was a pretty effective citrulline product. Depending on how many scoops I would use and what body part I was working this always seemed to give me some kind of a pump. I think this is great to have to add to your pre-workout if it is lacking citrulline or does not have it in there. Do I think this is a product I should have and use all the time no but it is nice to have at times. I would say if your someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this is great to have to help you so you can feel those pumps more. Again I want to thank Kaged Muscle for bringing us another great product in their product line.

Overall
    Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
      May 16, 2016

• Convenient Dosing
    • Aids In Endurance
    • No Fillers
    • No Taste
    • None

I have a few years in supplement experience and have really paid attention to singular ingredients such as L-citrulline. I have typically seen L-citrulline used in my pre-workouts or intra products, and was excited to see a new brand that I haven't tried yet come across the Expert Reviewer's program. I always like to have it as a standalone on hand for multiple reasons (read below), and found this tub to come in handy for many types of workouts.

There is not much in this tub to be explored and pondered. It is simple 200g of unflavored L-citrulline powder. Each "serving" of 2 grams is made in the USA and has no other listed additives.

I love this profile so much I could kiss it! I don't want to have any added flavors, to mix with flavors of anything I might be adding this into, as well as it would be completely uneccessary. I also love that there are no added funky colors. Some people have issues ingested artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, etc. and to NOT have any of that junk in here is great. You have a nice little scooper to measure out your 2 gram serving, which fits nicely into the appropriately-sized tub, and get exactly what the label reads, scoop per scoop.

The manufacturer also totes this as being "fermented" and that it is better than synthetically derived L-citrulline. I truly could not find any evidence of this online, but would have to try a 'synthetic' produced L-citrulline. In my honest opinion, everything that is manufactured has some aspect of 'synthetic' to it, as it is processed in some form. I just took this product as being "L-citrulline" and did not question the origin of it.

Ingredient = 9/10 (because I still don't know what's so great about "fermented"...)

This unflavored powder is truly tasteless. There is also no after taste to deal with. similarly to L-citrulline, I have used citrulline malate in the past in pwder form, and found that it had a very tart and sour aftertaste. The powder itself of that citrulline malate was bitter, although also "unflavored," it spoiled anything I would mix it with and was hard to shake. Taste = 10/10.

Mixability was another great thing about this product. I had no issues mixing it into my other shaker-filled preworkout or any plain liquid. It does not dissolve as readily as some other powders and requires some shaking, but it mixes well an does not create any frothing or caking. I may have had minimal residual granules on the bottom of my shaker, but with a small extra swish of water, this quickly swirled up and went down the hatch. Mixability 9=10

Dosing is really simple, but is completely up to the user. If you are using this as a standalone, you might be using just one scoop, but someone like mysef, will use up to 3 scoops as a standalone product. If I am mixing it in with a caffeinated BCAA mix pre-cardio, I found it very easy to mix in however many scoops I wanted and had no issue with the amount of powder being added. I also liked that I could 'enhance' another pre-workout powder that I have, which only delivered about 2 grams of L-citrulline per serving, by adding 1-2 scoops depending on the strength of the pre I mixed. This gave me complete control over how much L-citrulline I was always going to get prior to or during a workout. I also liked that it gave me "dosing" in 2 gram increments, because about half the time I would only need 1-2 scoops, but others I would need 3, and it was very easy to adjust to personal needs. Dosing = 10/10

There are two ways in which I have used citrulline malate and L-citrulline in the past. Although the two products are very similar, there are some differences. For me the citrulline malate does help with endurance about the same as the L-citrulline, but the citrulline malate has proven in the past to provide more of the "pump" side effects compared to its counterpart L-citrulline. I do not think that comparison makes this Kaged Muscle L-citrulline 'less effective,' but I think it just helps me more with the endurance aspect of my training. It does still provide some vascularity/pump enhancement, but it is a secondary component to the effectiveness of this product.
    Both forms are part of the "NO" cycle in the body, which provide the user with more vascularity, better detoxification of waste products, better cardiovascular endurance, potentially better recovery, and antioxidant effects; if I have it right citrulline malate is bound to malic acid, while L-citrulline is not. The average "Google" master can get more in-depth on this if they so desire....
    When I took this prior to runs or stairmaster cardio, I found that I defitniely experienced a much better workout, with somewhat more endurance and felt less winded compared to the times in which I was not utilizing this product. I really liked that it could aid me in keeping a faster mile time, even on days when I knew without a little something extra I would be struggling to keep up with my usual running pace.
    The workouts that I used this with weightlifting were lowerbody in nature. They tend to require a greater expenditure of energy and get me breathing heavier and needing to recover longer between sets. When I utilized the L-citrulline, I was finding that it was easier to get back under the leg press, or back into the hamstring curl machine without that "hold on let me catch my breath" mindset.
    I do not think I experienced what I would call was greater recovery from lifting while using this product. I do not tend to get to sore or beat up from my cardio, so I would have to say that this did not help with recovery. Some users might find this to be another benefit of L-citrulline, but for me, there was no great amount of aided recovery.

A 200 gram tub of Kaged Muscle's L-citrulline has up to 100 servings. I say 'up to,' because some users such as myself, may use more than one scoop at a time. Even if used as "2 scoops per serving" this tub will still last you more than 1.5 months, given you use it every day. Most people will have a handful of off days, so really this tub could last the typical person 2 or more months. It took me a good 2 months to go through it completely.
    I found this at a mere $.20 per serving (just under $20 per tub) at an online retailer. I really could justify ten dollars a month to enhance my cardiovascular endurance and pumps during workouts, especially if I was looking to mix my own pre-workouts. There might be other sources online that may appear to be cheeper, but this product proved to give me no issues, and I do like to believe the credibility of a "made in the USA" stamp more after I tried and was happy with a product.

Side Effects

There are absolutely NO negative side effects to using this product. I really like it as an anlternative to citrulline malate for me to increase my aerobic endurance. I do notice negative side effects from citrulline malate, such as nausea and never once did I expreince nausea from this L-citrulline.

Conclusion

I was very pleased with everything that this product has to offer. The label is straightforward. The product does not appear to have any nasty fillers, it was a "clean" powder, free of junk that would give me any side effects. It aided in cardiovascular endurance. I loved how easy and convenient it was for me to add in however much that I wanted to my pre or intra drinks. The price it right. Really I have no true complaints about this product. Huge thanks to Kaged Muscle for letting me give this a whirl!

Overall
    Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
      April 19, 2016

• None

I had a great experience with Kaged Preworkout, so I decided to give a few of the single ingredient products that Kris and the the guys at KM put out. You can always benefit from a better pump regardless of what you are doing and very few things get me going like Pure Citrulline.

Each scoop gives you 2grams of Pure Citrulline and there are 100 servings in each tub. I like the amount here at 2grams it gives you a lot of options to customize the amount you want to go with. For me most of my pre's have Citrulline or Citrulline Malate in them already but maybe not quite the amount I would like, this dose made it easy to meet my preferences. If you would like to see more info on this citrulline there is a write up and a video on http://www.kagedmuscle.com/citrulline/

Taste was supposed to be unflavored, when added to something you could slightly taste an unpleasantness from this, but it wasn't too awful. I would imagine this would be pretty bad if taken as a standalone.
    This always mixed great never had any issues, and I would take this at 1-2 scoops added to my pre workout 30-45 minutes before lifting.

I used this as an additive to my pre's and I have to say that it performed to my expectations and a little more. Putting 4 grams of this into an already solid preworkout and you are looing at pump city. Each and every time I added this I could tell a huge difference in workouts without it. Blood would rush to the muscle being worked and absolutely engorge it. I had some painful arm workouts while using this and almost had to cut a couple short after hitting the preacher curl a little too hard too early in the workout. Forearms would get and stay pumped.

The price seems to hold steady at around $20 give or take a few cents here or there. For 2 months of a pure and effective product(if you take 2scoops per workout) I could find a way to keep this in my gym bag I do believe.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you believe everything on the KM website they go through a lot of trouble to put out some of the purest and most organic products out there. I cant say from a chemical standpoint if all their claims hold up but I can say they have yet to disappoint me.

January 21, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Sick Pumps
    • None

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    I been working out for a little over 12 years. Finally got my diet in check 6 years ago. Now I focus on supplements to supplement my diet and I try to learn as much as I can about ingredients before I put them on my body, I'm no expert but I'm trying to better myself with supplements and review products that work and do not work for me personally.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
    2g of Citrulline per scoop. Can't get any better than that. Depending on you it might last you a long time. Me? I like 6g before my workouts for maximum pump! But still the tub is 200 Grams so you will have a lot if you only go for 2g every workout.

Another reason I like this a lot better then Citrulline Malate is that the dosages are so much better. For example if a pre workout got 6g of citrulline malate on it that means you are only really getting 3g of pure Citrulline. So you would go through a tub of Citrulline malate a lot faster then this for its true effects. Kaged Muscle went with the pure Citrulline.. More pumps and scoops for my money.

Taste like nothing really since it's unflavored. Which bring me to another "plus" about this, there is no artificial flavoring here.
    Mixed well for me on both water bottles, shakers. As well as mixed with my other ingredients from my pre workout.
    It doesn't foam, I have no residues left when its over. Doesn't get any easier or better than that/.

Like i mentioned above I go for 6g pre workout and I get really sick pumps! I love it! If i'm taking a preworkout and that preworkout already has citrulline but not 6g I will add some of Kaged Muscle into it.

About $20 bucks for the bottle that gives you 100 servings at 2g per scoop. It's a really great price. That's saying a lot cuz I'm poor, I don't get much on my paycheck but this lasts me a long time, I don't have to buy it every month. If you go for only 2g this will last you even longer than month.

Side Effects

I never had any side effects that I can think of. Yeah sometimes if I got balls out in the gym I feel like i'm going to explode cuz I got such a huge pump but that is NOT a side effect.

Conclusion

I like Kaged Muscle products and I trust Kris Gethin so for me it's well worth the price for pure Citrulline. I love feeling like I'm getting so huge when I'm at the gym with 6g of Citrulline running through me.