BCAA Powder Reviews

By: Kaged Muscle

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
BCAA Powder is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Kaged Muscle. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
  November 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Helps Build Lean Muscle
    Again thank you Kaged Muscle for letting me try another one of your products. I really feel that bcaa should always be a staple in your workout stack. I used this product more so to give me some extra recovery since I had other aminos I was using during my workout that had more stuff in them. I think something like this is nice to have on hand whenever you need or feel you need a little extra recovery. If your someone that's not adding bcaa's to your workout you really need to start. This was another great addition to add a long with my regular aminos I take during my workouts.

Ingredients:
    This is your basic 2:1:1 ratio. This is pretty simple and straight forward. No prop blends. Here is a little something I found on Kaged Muscle website about this product I found kind of interesting.

Dissolves Rapidly and Completely in Water
    Gluten Free
    BSE/TSE Free
    No Soy Lecithin or Inulin

Value:
    This comes in two sizes 36 servings and 72 servings. I was sent the 36 serving container. The cheapest I could find this was on suppz.com and the 36 serving container was $17.90 and $27.85 for the 72 servings. Since they want you to use 1-3 servings I think the price for the 36 servings is a little high. I was able to get by with 1 scoop so it was not as bad a value. If I would have been using more than one scoop per day then yes the value would have dropped a bit for me. I think if you can spend the little extra go with the 72 serving instead. I think that makes for a better value especially if your doing more than one scoop.

Taste:
    This comes in powder form and is unflavored. I have been noticing a lot lately that many of the unflavored powders I have been using all have had a bad sour like taste to them. With this powder I did not notice any sour taste to it at all. When mixed with my flavored beverage I could hardly notice this was in there which was nice. This was the closest to being unflavored powder that I have used.

Mixing/Dosing:
    Mixing was very simple and easy. This dissolved right away in water and never had any issues with it not fully mixing. There was never any issues with any little pieces left or residue. Dosing was pretty simple. They say on the label to use 1-3 scoops. Since I was using another amnio product during my workouts I was able to get by with one scoop. I used this mainly in the mornings before work to help give me a little extra recovery and a few times at night before bed if I felt I needed it.

The main purpose of me wanting to use this BCAA product like this was to help give me a little extra recovery from my harder workouts like legs for example instead of having to use more of my regular amino I use just for intra workout. Right now I am training to bulk more and doing semi heavy weight for 3-4 sets of 10-12 rep range. So any extra recovery I can get is very much needed. I mainly used this in the mornings before I would go to work and a few times before bed. Those were the two times I would use this and then use my regular aminos intra workout. This really came in handy for me after some of my more grueling leg workouts or other really hard workouts I had. If I could tell my legs were going to be a lot more sore I would take a scoop of this before bed with my protein and then again in the morning before I would go to work. I really wanted this to help cut down on any DOMS I might get as much as I could in my legs and overall body and it seemed to help with that. Most of the time it was in the mornings mainly when I would use this and only once in awhile at night just depended on how I felt from my workout. When I would take this before I went to work it made me feel better and gave me more energy and endurance and felt less sore. I think it also helped me more with my workouts later in the afternoon because I would not feel as sore and better recovered. I think this worked great for what I wanted to use this for. I never used this during my workouts but I very easily could have and pretty sure it would have helped (maybe not as good as my regular aminos I use which does have some other things in it to help more. This is just your basic amino product and nothing more than that and it works. It was nice to have this to help give me a little extra recovery when I needed it.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed

Overall:
    I was rather pleased with this product on how effective it was at helping to give me that extra bit of recovery. It's simple and it's easy to use. Just one scoop in your flavored beverage of choice shake and you are ready to go. I would say if you get this go for the larger size instead. If your going to be using more than one scoop you will run out of the smaller size container way to fast. For being my first time ever using fermented aminos I think they work just as good if not better than regular aminos. You want some decent recovery and less DOMS then I would for sure check this out. It's not going to break you in terms of cost which is nice. Kaged Muscle thanks for bringing another great product that works.