GPLC Reviews

By: Jarrow Formulas

GPLC is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Jarrow Formulas. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.

Overall
Overall
1.0
  October 9, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Capsules Are Gel And Small
OK. I just got off my 4 week break from natty test boosters. During that time I used Craze, omega 3, Jarrow GPLC, Yohimbine HCl, Kre-Alkalyn EFX and EAS Whey Protein. I used GPLC during this time because I noticed my vascularity decrease with Craze I think because of the stims and GPLC was shown to increase N.O. and vaso dilation at 4.5 grams.
Taste/Mixability: 9/10
Pills are white, small gel caps easily enough swallowed with no flavor. This is good because you need 6 of them at once to get close to the 4.5 grams. More about this later.
Ingredient Profile: 9/10
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCI 750mg, Other ingredients: Silicone dioxide, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and cellulose. Capsule consists of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (a viscoelastic polymer). I didn't give this a 10 out of ten because this dose of 750mg is too small per capsule.
I hesitate giving this any rating at all. Here's the reason. I first followed the directions on the bottle i.e. take one capsule per day on an empty stomach or as directed by your physician. I noticed nothing with regards to pump, N.O., feeling of well-being etc. I then did more research and decided to increase the dosage. Here is where I ran into an issue. There are no real consistent dosing protocols. Some people take it pre workout, some post, some before bed, some after waking up. I went with one hour before working out as someone on bb.com suggested it working for him. The most I tried was 4 per dose...even though the clinical studies all ran 6. Why, you ask? That leads me to the next section.
I guess I should have done the math before buying this product...but the reviews were so good on it. For 60 capsules it was 19.99 on Amazon (plus shipping). Dosing 6 per day would have lasted me 10 days at 2.30 per serving. If by taking four I saw nothing, I couldn't imagine the effects being so dramatic at dosing 6 that it would ever be worth the 2.30 per serving. Especially since a great product like D-pol is about 20.00 for 30 days!
Why so high? Just because I couldn't justify the great expense of this product, doesn't mean that someone with deep pockets wouldn't find that dosing 6 worked for them. Would I recommend Jarrow's GPLC? Nope. There are sooo many other fine products out there that deliver every time. Don't always believe the clinical studies and (I'm really telling myself this...) always do the math.

• deggman
    October 9, 2012

Sorry this is so scrunched together. When I created it in Word, it had spaces :(