Ranks #88 (better than 35%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Restoraid is a BCAA manufactured by iSatori. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

February 27, 2014

• Poor Mixability
iSatori's Restoraid is a well rounded intra/post-workout supplement that I felt worked well for me. I agree with many of the other reviewers in that Restoraid has quality ingredients in effective doses but I'll buck the trend a little bit and say that I actually liked the flavor too!

Profile Overview

A few folks have already posted up the entire profile so I won't re-hash that again here but it is worth noting that each container has 30 servings and, if you follow the label directions, will get you through 30 workout sessions.

The label recommends taking one single scoop serving immediately post workout. I didn't really like that idea because I enjoy taking BCAA's intra-workout and mixed up the dosing a bit. Typically, I would drink 1 scoop of Restoraid during my workout with about 20oz of water. Many times I'd have about 4oz left at the end of my session so in effect, I would be wrapping it up "immediately post workout".
There were also a couple of occasions where I had a serving of Restoraid in the morning mixed with a caffeinated/pre-workout drink to start my day.
It always mixed up well but would require additional shaking/stirring during my workout. I'll typically shake any drink in a shaker bottle before every sip I take anyway. With that said, product mixing issues are usually never a problem for me even if they completely separate after shaking.

Restoraid was decent as an intra-workout drink for me. I felt increased recovery between sets and certainly got a nice thirst quenching satisfaction from drinking it. Some of the other reviewers clearly weren't a fan of the taste but it did not bother me at all. I thought it was light, good and not over the top on dyes or flavoring additives.
Beyond intra-set recovery and the thirst quenching piece, I can't say that I really got any massive improvement in mitigating DOMS during post workout hours/days. Bear in mind that I also used this in conjunction with Bio-Gro too...A product that I'm still not sold on (more info/review to come)
Lastly, Restoraid was a good peace of mind coverall for me when I drank it in the morning with my caffeinated concoction. Many times I don't get to eat until around noon so having some BCAA's and other nutrients at the ready keeps me relatively sated and happy until I can get to some real food.

Restoraid is most often found online in the $28-$30 price range for 30 servings. I did see it as low as $18 at GNC.com once which I thought was a fantastic deal. Anytime I can get BCAA's on the cheap, I'm all over it. Still, ~$30 for 30 servings that will get you through 30 workout sessions is a decent value in my book.

Restoraid is worth a try if you're looking at mixing up your BCAA/intra product once in a while. Be warned however that my taste buds may be broken and these other reviewers may be more on the mark than I am with taste/flavor! There are very few products that I'll pan for bad taste however, this one didn't have any hint of "badness" to me at all.

Thank you to the folks at iSatori for allowing the Expert Reviewer Team to trial and review this product for them. I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

January 20, 2014

• Artificial Sweeteners
  • Caused Headaches
First of all, thank you to iSatori for giving me the chance to test out and review this product.

I am always anxious to review an amino acid product and have tried out more than I can count. I consider aminos an essential part of any lifting supplementation and can tell a noticeable difference when I'm not on them.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10:

30 Servings Citrus Punch

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.6 g)
Servings Per Container30

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Sugars 0 g **
Magnesium (As Aspartate) 12 mg 3%
Sodium (From Phosphate And Chloride) 121 mg 4%.
Potassium (As Dipotassium Phosphate) 40 mg 1%

"Superhydration" Phosphate Electrolyte Catalyst 451 mg
Di-Potassium Phosphate **
Di-Sodium Phosphate **
Magnesium (As Aspartate And Phosphate) **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-or 2,500-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients:
Malic Acid, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt.

Pro's:

I really like the fact that they didn't just stop with the bcaa's, but added in Sustamine as well. I think Sustamine or Glutamine has many benefits to lifters, especially those of use in our mid 30's and older.

The other thing I like is the inclusion of electrolytes in the product. Intense workouts can easily cause dehydration which can lead to a whole host of bad things.

Con's:

The anti Doms part of the product contains many ingredients that aren't as common in products. Since I'm allergic to half the things under the sun, including many trees and plants, this can mean bad news for me. In this case, I got regular headaches while taking this product. I know it wasn't because of the aminos, citrulline, or electrolytes, so I studied the products in the anti doms profile. Nothing conclusive, but I did read that the Olea europae leaf extract (Olive Tree Leaf) does have headaches as a possible side effect.

My other con is 2 artificial sweeteners. I get negative effects from them and have had to largely reduce my intake of them, which unfortunately narrows down my product choices. I really wish these companies could get behind Stevia or some other form of natural sweetener. If I could find the right amino product that did this and tasted good, I'd never stop using it.

At $30 for 30 servings, this of course comes out to $1 per serving. For comparison, Xtend is .77 per serving, Muscle Pharm Amino1 is .75 per serving, Modern BCAA is $1 per serving, and Dymatize Recoup is .67 per serving. In fairness, this product had some extras that some of the named above didn't have.

Taste: Citrus Punch-8/10

I didn't expect to like the Citrus Punch, but it was a bit better than I expected.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Yes it worked, BCAA's always do for me. While on this, my recovery between workouts was good, and my strength was mostly the same or up.

I honestly can't say it was any better than my other favorite products like Modern BCAA or Dymatize Recoup, but it wasn't any worse either.

I took this sometimes as an intra, sometimes postworkout, and sometimes in the morning. I think it did its job any of those times and I don't think you go wrong with any of those times.

As usual, iSatori has produced a quality product that is worth a look. I would not use the product again because of the headaches, but I don't believe most will react the same way I do to the ingredients. I would like the price to come down a bit, but if you catch a sale, don't hesitate to give this one a shot

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

November 26, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Electrolytes
  • No Artificial Flavors Or Colors
  • No Decrease In Doms
  • Taste And Consistency Needs Work
  • Poor Mixability
  • Not All It Lived Up To Be
Restoraid step yo game up. First off a big shout out to Isatroi for sending me a couple products along with Restoraid. Now to the review. Intra workouts always seem to come and go in the marketplace with new ones constantly popping up all over the place or "New Improved" "Better tasting" replacements get introduced. Well with Restoraid to me it was a little of both, out with the old in the new. From day 1- 30 I tested Restoraid out and compared it to another intra I have used in the past Xtend. So of course you will have your standard leucine/isoleucine and valine but you also will get some extras thrown in.
Just to name a few you get Glutamine, waxy maize, citrulline malate, Red beet (nitrates), Boswellia, NAC, bromelein... So as the profile goes even though you do not have the exact amounts (more of this later) you will still be hard-pressed to find an intra that has this many ingredients listed.

Effectiveness-6

Intras are tough to gauge in effectiveness such as "am I recovering better" or faster? With a million different things affecting recovery its tough to nail down just one. To me I noticed slightly better recovery and it also kept me hydrated just a tad, but no more than standard Gatorade or PowerAde would do. To help see how effective it was, I stopped using glutamine. Most people do not respond well to glutamine and science will tell you its bunk, but im one of the few that use it rigorously and I use about 15g a day. So when I started restoraid I stopped using the glutamine. The recovery I noticed was less then the glutamine by itself but not by a crazy amount. Again this is a tough supplement to gauge. So I will say it was effective to a degree, but not by much.

Taste-7

I had the Citrus punch flavor which is the only one they offer. It was a pretty good tasting product but not as good as xtend. It also didn't mix very well and there would be times where I would let it sit for about 10 min after mixing and it would still not be dissolved.

Price-5

Normally you can get this for about $29.99 on most sites, which is a decent value, but when you take into account you do not know the full doses nor is the recovery phenomenal the price gets dropped. More companies need to list every ingredient and the amount; customers like this and would probably buy more.

Overall-6

I gave this a 6, which is on the lower side of ratings for intra workouts, and my reasoning is two fold. First, I hate prop blends; we do not need these in supplements. It may help to hide some of the doses but at the end of the day most customers are now turning away from prop blends and sticking to supplements that list everything. Second, costing a dollar a serving and having OK recovery brings the rating down a good amount. So in conclusion thanks again Isatori for providing me with Restoraid but in no way can I justify it as an incredible recovery product.

October 23, 2013

• Bromelain And Nac
    WARNING!! Long Review.

Like I have said before, I have never been a believer in all of these recovery Amino Acids supplements. I am not saying I don't believe the science behind them, but I just don't like spending my money on this. I'd rather get a quality protein and a lot of food. I have always beleived they are overpriced and just another gimmick from the supplement industry.

However, Isatori managed to create a supplement that not just increases recovery, but it seems to help with muscle discomfort AKA "DOMS." It appears to be another BCAA supplement, partially it is, but the extra ingredients in it make a remarkable difference when compared to other recovery supplements.

Profile (9/10): 8:1:1 sounds way to familiar. Legend says USP labs has a supplement called Modern BCAA that has the same ratio. I personally have not felt a difference between either ratio in terms of recovery. Nonetheless, Restoraid does not base its effectiveness on the Amino Acid ratio profile. It contaisn several enzymes and herbs to help heal the muscles faster, they reduce pain and inflammation.

These is the profile for all you lazy people lol

8:1:1 Branched Chain Amino Acid Matrix & Transport System 12,500 mg

Gardenia Jasimoides (Fruit)
    Extract Standardized For Crocetin **
    Olea Europeae (Leaf) Extract
    Standardized For Hydroxytyrosol **
    Red Beet (Beta Vulgaris Linn.) (Root)
    Standardized For Nitrate **

"Superhydration" Phosphate Electrolyte Catalyst 451 mg

Di-Potassium Phosphate **
    Di-Sodium Phosphate **
    Magnesium (As Aspartate And Phosphate)

As you see on the Amino Acid Matrix, it does have a better source of Glutamine. Its called Sustamine "... A revolutionary dipeptide that combines pure L-Glutamine and L-Alanine to create an ingredient that is more effective than Glutamine alone for rehydration and recovery" this is directly from the FAQ of Sustamine.com.

Now, for an unbiased review on this, I found a clinical study on it performed in 2010 by Dr. Jay Hoffman, PhD, professor and chair of the Department of Health and Exercise Science at the College of New Jersey, has shown Sustamineâ„¢ L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, increases performance in endurance exercise and activity. This was posted ournal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. If you want to read more about it this is the link http://www.news-medical.net/news/20100212/Sustamine-L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine-supplement-increases-performance-in-endurance-exercise-and-activity.aspx.

The rest are typical aminos plus some Citrulline Malate. However, what really marks a difference in effectiveness is the "Anti-DOMS Protease Enzyme & Co-Factor Therapy." I will not go into detail into each one of those ingredients, but I will let you know that there is plenty of anecdotal and scientific evidence on their effectiveness at reducing muscle pain, inflammation and discomfort related to exercise and/or injury.

Effectiveness (8/10): It simply works great for recovery. It reduced muscle soreness, but most important was the reduction of pain and annoying discomfort in your muscles. I liked that even though my muscles were tired, I was not walking around in pain all day.

The soreness was present and diminish as the day went by, but I was never in pain or stiff. It is not a miracle supplement, but it feels good to be able to get off the bed after leg day or lift your arms the day after shoulders.

Mixability/Taste (8/10): It mixes fine and the taste was pleasant. I had citrus punch and I am glad it was not fruit punch lol... I am sick of that flavor. Nonetheless, It does not dissolve completely. You can see some residue a few seconds after you finish mixing it, but its nothing annoying that takes away from the taste. If you shake it up, you don't feel it on your tongue. The taste is quite refreshing and the fact that it does have dyes, it makes it so much easier for me to digest after the gym. I usually cannot take *** after the gym because I always feel like throwing up, but the taste is so light that it actually helped on reducing the "icky" feeling in my stomach.

Value(8/10): It has a decent price, it sits right in the middle of BCAA supplements. I was expecting this to be on the high side because of the sustamine and the extra ingredients. In addition, it works really good so you do get a supplement that delivers. You get 30 scoops and I never had the need to go above one to be honest. I am sure that recovery will increase at 2, but I like to keep my money in the bank.

Overall (8.33/10): An effective supplement quality ingredients, one full month supply and great taste. It delivers what it promises and the price is right in the middle of this type of supplement. Of course it could always be cheaper and I would also prefer full disclosure of the ingredient amounts, but since it works, I will let them get away in keeping their "formula" secret. Isatori is a good company and they are delivering some good products on the market. Of course, not everything will work for everyone, but I do feel like they are trying to deliver something innovative and effective in this industry full of scams.
    I recommend it and I think you will like it.

October 20, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Intra
    • Solid Profile
    • Electrolytes
    • Nasty Taste
    • Poor Mixability
    Isatori was nice enough to send me a container of this to run alongside biogrow. Restoraide is a pretty unique bcaa product that adds some nice additions to the profile to give you some extra benefits.

Profile:9

Electrolyte Complex 451 mg
    Di-potassium phosphate
    Di-sodium phosphate
    Magnesium

As you can see this product covers all basis in a recovery supplement you could want. Sure theres a prop-blend but with such an exclusive profile like this I too would not disclose the amount of each ingredient heck I wouldn't even list the ingredients.

Taste/Mixability:2/10
    This stuff is probably one of the worst tasting supplements I have tasted. I don't care how effective this stuff is/was it was a pain to drink this stuff intra workout. There was so many times I had to force myself to continue using this product simply because I couldn't get over the taste. Most people say they don't care how a supplement taste as long as it works, well not me.
    This stuff also doesn't mix very well I would always have excess residue at the top of my water bottle. I found that if I let it sit in the fridge the residue would subside.

Effectiveness:8/10
    This product works just as well as any other bcaa product I have used. I noticed while using restoraide I was able to recover faster between sets and maintain a high intensity level in training. Also unlike anything I have ever used it seemed like this stuff kept me well hydrated during my workout. The sensation could be compared to the feeling you get when your out in the sun all day and you get a nice cold glass of lemonade just a refreshing sensation. Now I did not notice a difference in recovery as far as DOMS go I still was very soar. I also cannot attribute any muscle growth to restoraide. But its hard to expect any bcaa product to build muscle.

Value:7/10
    Restoraide on bodybuilding.com is priced at $29.99 which comes out to be $1.00 per serving wich is reasonably priced considering all the goodies that come in restoraide. I think they should make bigger jars of this stuff so you can get more bang for your buck.

Overall:8/10
    Restoraide is a disgusting tasting effective product. Even with the amazing profile it would be hard for me personally to buy this product. I do recommend this product to anyone on the market for a bcaa product. As long as you can put taste to the side this product wont let you down.

September 19, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Recovery
    • Solid Profile
    • Electrolytes
    • No Artificial Colors
    • Taste And Consistency Needs Work
    iSatori's Restoraid. Thank you to iSatori for participating in the ER program and allowing a few of us to try their full spectrum muscle recovery system, Restoraid.

Overview: Restoraid is a solid product with a decent profile, including an 8:1:1 BCAA profile, a reduced DOMs complex, a "super hydration" electrolyte complex, and a waxy maize transport delivery system. No artificial flavors or colors which I love, but the flavor profile needs a bit of work.

Effectiveness: 8

This was a great intra workout supplement, that I used each workout day for nearly 30 consecutive workouts. There was no drop off from any other solid amino complex that I have used, and if anything, the recovery was slightly better, and just the thought of an extra hydrating property, always made me feel better about what I was ingesting. Especially on the few occasions I used this during a pick up hockey game, or any type of cardio.

Profile: 9

Electrolyte Complex 451 mg
    Di-potassium phosphate
    Di-sodium phosphate
    Magnesium

Pretty on point, aside from the prop blends. Great innovation in the inclusion of a transport system and a hydration complex.

Taste/Mix ability: 6

Restoraid did not mix the best, some sediment and foam, including some sediment that did not dissolve, no longer how long it was in the shaker.
    Not a huge deal, but taste and texture is actually important to me in an intra workout supplement. The last thing you want to do is have to choke down something down during an intense training session. Now that wasn't the case with Restoraid, but it wasn't the smoothest nor best tasting. "Citrus Punch" was the flavor we were given. Definitely different and new, but it took some getting used to, and there were days where it was ok, and days that I continued to wonder what the heck I was drinking. A few tweaks or a different flavor all together would be great! But I do however love the fact that iSatori used no artificial colors in this product, no dyes. But I would have used an artificial flavor to bump the taste a bit if necessary.

Value: 7.5

You can find this at anywhere from $25.99-$30. At one scoop this is a decent price considering all that is included. If you can find this on sale, or use a coupon it is a steal. At two scoops you are going to go broke, but that is user dependent. 1 heaping scoop did the trick for me and I didn't find it necessary to use any more. Try finding this at the lower end of the price spectrum, and I suggest giving it a try, but I wouldn't pay any more than $25 if I could help it. I just cant justify paying $1 or more for an intra workout supplement. However, If there is a new flavor on deck, I will be one of the first in line.

August 27, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Profile
    • Electrolytes
    • Bromelain And Nac
    • No Artificial Flavors Or Colors
    • Not Bio-gro
    • Weird Taste
    • No Decrease In Doms
    A big shout out to iSatori for hooking up the ER team with Restoraid. I had great success with their other product, BioGro, and that had a big influence on how I'm going to rate this.

Profile:

Gotta be honest, I kind of like it. An 8:1:1 BCAA ratio, Citrulline Malate, Bromelain, Boswellia, NAC, Electrolytes. There are 3 blends, that I could complain about, but I like the ingredients nonetheless. There are no artificial flavors or colors either.

Dosing/Taste/Mix:(6/10)

The taste sucked for me. I got the Citrus Punch, which just tasted too awkward for me. I didn't mind chugging it after a workout, but there was no way I was going to drink it during a workout. I seem to be the only one there.

The mixability was meh. It would foam up a lot, at 1 or 2 scoops. If you wait about 3-4 minutes, the foaming subsides, but ain't nobody got time for that. There are plenty of floaters as well, which also take time to dissolve.

iSatori says that you should consume 1 serving immediately after a workout. I did that for the most part. 1 scoop did nothing, and neither did 2 scoops. I felt it necessary to take 2 scoops because the blend is too small with all the ingredients, and is no way I would be getting enough BCAAs to get any effect.

Effectiveness:(5/10)

This might be unfair, but seriously, after using BioGro, I can't look at any other recovery product the same way. On BioGro, DOMS were completely non-existent, on Restoraid, I got some pretty hefty DOMS after every workout. The difference is very noticeable.

BCAAs are not worthless, I find they still help when I use them intra. Here's the problem with Restoraid, I took it as suggested, post-workout, and the flavor was just too odd for me to use as an intra.

I did notice less cramping after workouts, so it did not completely fail. Pretty much the only thing I can say was good about this. Yeah the NAC is good for your liver, and Bromelain has several health benefits, so I decided to be nice and give Restoraid a few extra points, but in terms of what this is made for, which is better recovery, I could say this worked no better than BPI Blox.

Value:(6/10)

At 1 scoop, this is a solid value. At 2 scoops, which most used I believe, I, like SoCal, would never be able to afford this as a staple. I think it's around $1.90-$2 a serving at 2 scoops. It's cheaper than BioGro, but nowhere near as effective . No way I will ever buy this.

Overall:(5.5/10)

Alright, I hate to be that odd guy out of the bunch, but I did not enjoy using Restoraid. The taste was odd, my DOMS were alive and well, and the product just costs too much. The only reason I am giving Restoraid a maybe, is because it probably works well as an intra, as everyone else has stated. I cannot use it that way however.

iSatori still rocked it with BioGro, I wonder how my experience would have been, if I never tried that?

August 23, 2013

• Its Not Bio Grow.
    Huge thanks to Isatori and the ER for letting me try this. I am really liking the products from the company still yet.

Quick overview
    Tast great
    I think best used for a Intra
    Good profile.
    Not the best recover ( compared to Bio grow )
    Best if can find a good deal on this.

Ingredients. 8-9
    I am not one to sit and pick apart what one has and does. Others on down this page have done that and can explain what these components do.
    I have never tried a product that has waxy maze in it so that was new for me.
    I like the added electrolytes in this Glutimine and Citrilline malate As I have used this in a Homemade PWO and enjoyed that.
    After that its pretty much a Prop blend which I do not get bent out of shape over this like some do. I understand why they do this.

Taste 9
    I had the citrus punch and I love this. But It will foo a shaker cup up for days if you leave it in the car. OMG. The smell while stay after several washing's Be warned.

Mixability 8
    At one scoop Its great! At two scoops in a bigger jug of water It just seemed to never really mix . I would have major settling on the bottom and would have to constantly shake the Poo out of it.

Effectiveness. 8-9
    Well Post workout and recovery would be hard for me to judge because of the bio grow. I do not think anything helps with recovery as much as it does. BUT I started using this as a Intra and wow. Workouts really improved!. Intra's have also been something I never really thought of but after using this as such I will reconsider. Now I know it was not geared toward it that much but I was able to recover a bit faster in between sets and just workout a bit harder and longer than normal . Just overall endurance and seemed to increase lung recovery too. It really came in handy on those Rich Myers deadlift or die rountines he has. Sheww.

Value 9
    A quick search and I found this for 26 bucks on one site and around 28 - 30 on a couple more. At this price for a 30 serving container that is not bad. I mainly only used this on days I lifted so it lasted a bit longer too.

Overall 8-9
    I really liked this and enjoyed this product. I think its just another solid product for this line.

August 20, 2013

• Solid Profile
      Shout out & thanks to iSatori & their board reps for kicking some chill products to the ERs, & for their continued involvement in the ER program as well as on SR in general.

In a previous life I was a huge fan of BCAAs, since I felt they helped my recovery a good deal. I was a big fan of 8:1:1 ratio blends, as well as products that had a hefty dose of BCAAs in general. Then I met BioGro, & I find myself not so excited about BCAAs. However, Restoraid is much more than simple BCAAs, so I decided to give it a go.

PROFILE: B+

The profile receives some low marks for the presence of the proprietary blends.

Despite that, I like the direction they took. As stated earlier, I like the 8:1:1 ratio of BCAAs, & I'm a fan of the inclusion of electrolytes in intra & post workout supplements. The more time goes on, the more I become a fan of citrulline malate (CM). I've used a couple intra/post workout supplements with a good deal of CM included, & I've had good-great success with all of them.

The only iffy part of the ingredient profile for myself, would be the "Anti-DOMS Protease Enzyme & Co-Factor Therapy" blend. A bunch of ingredients I've never seen before covered up by a proprietary blend. The only ingredient that looks familiar would be the bromelain, which I believe Garlick spoke rather well of in another review.

Overall it's a good profile, & I like the direction its going. However, as time goes on I grow less & less patient with proprietary blends.

MIXABILITY: C

This stuff didn't mix that well for me. Whether I used one or two scoops (I typically used two), I always experienced a good deal of settling rather quickly. It was different than what I normally experience, as it seemed thicker than your normal "dust" settling to the bottom. It worried me to some extent, as I just never saw settling before like that.

TASTE: B

I received the "citrus punch" flavor, & it tasted more citrusy than punchy...if you can make sense of that. It reminded me of Citadel Nutrition's Tier 1 to be completely honest, which wasn't bad in its own right. It was alright, but I didn't care for it much after a while. However, if you're a fan of citrus flavors (which I am to a degree), you'll have no problems with Restoraid.

EFFECTIVENES: C+

As a recovery product, Restoraid did pretty good. However, BioGro just ruined my impression of everything else available OTC.

Recovery with Restoraid was good, not great by any means. I typically dosed two scoops post workout, with what ever was left from my intra-workout supplement (BioTest Surge: Workout Fuel). On occasion my forearms would cramp some in the evenings as I was going through an Olympic lifting phase, but Restoraid seemed to temper that some. That was nice; as I would often go stretch out & have my forearms (brachioradialis) just completely lock up on me. That didn't happen much with Restoraid, but on occasion it did. At that point I began supplementing an extra two scoops on off days, & the cramps lessened to a much more bearable level.

However, overall soreness stayed pretty much the same. My lower back would still be tight after squat/deadlift days, & I began to experience cramping in my upper back towards the end there some. Now I was also in PCT from an epistane cycle, so I'm not sure if I can fault Resotraid for the new cramps.

Overall I do feel like Restoraid worked to an extent, & worked well. However, I don't feel like it worked that well & I can get BioGro outta my mind whenever I see "recovery" products.

VALUE: B

Restoraid seems to range in price between $25-$30, & then there's the ridiculous $47 something at GNC.

A one pound (.970lbs) tub contains roughly 30 one-scoop servings, which isn't a bad deal for roughly $25. However, for myself I feel doubling the servings worked better. That being said, the price doesn't work for me at all.

For the rest of us, I do feel that the price is pretty much as good as it's going to get. The profile is good; other reviewers speak rather glowingly of it, so the value doesn't get hit so badly.

OVERALL: C-

Restoraid is more than likely a really good product, but just not for me. I didn't enjoy my run with it, but I didn't feel like it was a waste of time. Perhaps under different circumstances Restoraid would've faired better, but I doubt it to a degree.

That being said, so far to my knowledge I'm the only one who didn't have a good run with Restoraid. So, with that in mind if you feel inclined to give it a try go right a head. It's a well built product at a good price, so there really isn't much keeping others away.

August 13, 2013

• Train Harder And Longer
      • Solid Recovery
      • Great Intra
        As always, thanks to Stephen and Artie at Isatori for the opportunity to review their recovery product, Restoraid. Isatori is a top notch company and their level of involvement here on SR is noteworthy and appreciated. While no supplement can replace training and diet, Restoraid belongs in the list when considering what supplements to purchase to augment the work you put in regardless of whether you are an endurance or strength athlete.

Profile: 8.5/10
        Restoraid is labeled as a full spectrum recovery product and to that end it hits on all cylinders. (I like the "CPR For Your Muscles " slogan) It has 12.5g per serving of bcaas, glutamine, glutamine peptides and sustamine. I love the multiple forms of glutamine (although I liek the sustamine most of all) as well as the 8:1:1 ratio of bcaas. They also add in some cit mal and waxy maize to round off the recovery components. Next they add in 555g of anti-DOMS ingredients – bromelain, NAC, gardenia jasimoides, olea europea and red beet – I personally love the last two components. Finishing it off is their 451 mg hydration/electrolyte blend with di-potassium phosphate, di-sodium phosphate and magnesium. You can see an excellent breakdown of the exact ingredient profile in SoCal's review so I won't repeat that here.

Overall a very straightforward and focused recovery profile geared towards increasing post training protein synthesis, reducing soreness and rehydrating muscle cells. I commonly harp about products that have the right ingredients but in quantities that are too small to be effective. And I agree with SoCal's review that at first glance the BCAA's could be somewhat light given the fact that they are in a 12.5 prop blend along with glutamine, cit mal and what appears to be a few grams of waxy maize (my speculation based on 5 g of total carbs and waxy maize being included in this part of a prop blend – someone please correct me if they have the actual data) I am never personally all that thrilled to see a prop blend, although I understand the reasoning behind them. Feel free to change that in the future guys as I for one would indeed like to know the exact amount of BCAAs in this product. (However, iForce Compete showed me what could be achieved outside the traditional stereotypes so I'm giving Isatori the benefit of the doubt as well and in no small part based upon the actual results I received from this product.)

Taste&Mixing: 8.25/10
        This is a citrus punch blend that isn't overly sweet – more on the tangy or tart side. I found it to be very enjoyable and had no trouble sipping on it during my workout or drinking it during the day. Mixing does tend to have some floaters as a result of the leucine and it will take occasional shaking to avoid having a large deposit of residue at the end of the bottle, which could make those last few gulps rather interesting and a result earns it a slight ding in the ratings. Citrus flavorings seem to be making a comeback and I far prefer them to fruit punch type products when sipping it over an extended time period.

Effectiveness: 9.0/10
        I used this mainly as an intra (I use Genomyx Advanced Protocol post) and in that capacity it excelled. I normally use a product called Anabolic Competition by Muscle Feast but it has been discontinued (and frankly I'm not sure I could justify paying the ever increasing price once my stock runs out). I also am currently reviewing a product called Strive by Omega Sports – both of these products excel as intras but at a serious price tag. I found Restoraid to be a touch below these two products but at a cost that is almost half the price – and frankly that fact is what really impressed me with this product. I found training endurance and recovery to be on par with far more expensive products and clearly better than other standard BCAA products that are within the same price range. I eat a robust diet and take a full range of supplements that help recovery so its always hard for me to judge how well a recovery product works, as my recovery does not rise and fall on the tides of any single product; I can say that my recovery did not fall off with this. What I did notice was that training performance and endurance increased using Restoraid – I simply got less tired and was able to maintain strength better towards the end of sets and training. This is something that I found with both Anabolic Competition and Strive but not with the less expensive BCAA products. So for me, that puts Restoraid in a higher class.

Value: 8.25/10
        Restoraid can be bought online for a regular price of around $30.00 per tub which provides 30 servings at about $1.00 per serving. Like I said, this is considerably less than the higher priced products that I listed earlier and right in line with other higher quality BCAA products but with a greater effectiveness. If I had to make a comparison, I would say it's closest competitor is iForce Compete which is one of my other favorite reasonably priced versatile intras.

Value is not off the charts fantastic but it's well worth it in my opinion. Over the past few months I have adopted a practice of trying to eliminate the sheer number of different products that I rotate and shelling out a bit more money on fewer, more effective products. And it seems there is no lack of middle of the road BCAA products, both in price and effectiveness; sure they do an ok job, but I want more than just recovery. And since BCAA products tend to be a "luxury" purchase and similar results can be achieved with less exotic options, I'm hard pressed to ever rate an intra or recovery product as a 10. As such, I rate this an 8 which is a very solid purchasing choice and should not be taken as a bad thing.

Now others have said that they saw increased benefit taking 2 scoops but I found that a single scoop did the trick for me when taken as an intra. I would use 2 scoops in my water jug during the day at my landscaping job but like I said, that was consumed over the course of the entire day.

Overall: 9.25/10
        This product has some minor flaws that I touched on above but in the final analysis it is quite simply one of the most effective intras that I've used and that alone make whatever perceived flaws there are irrelevant. While it's nice to get OCD over the details, at the end of the day Resotraid is a product that enhanced my training performance and endurance and for that reason alone it is worth it in my opinion. And like I said, it provides more than acceptable recovery but where it really shines in my opinion is when it is used as an intra or sipped throughout the day to help improve overall endurance and overall recovery. It's this increase in performance that allows it to stand out among the crowd and as such it is a product that I highly recommend you give a try next time you are looking to purchase an intra, BCAA or recovery product.

I'll make this simple: I bought more of it out of pocket. And while it's all well and good to give something a high rating, it's even better to say that it's a product that I plan to use regularly and as such, had no hesitation spending my own money on it.