Ranks #110 (better than 56%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Pre Gro Max is a Pre-Workout manufactured by iSatori. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
DEALS

Cons:
  • Crash
  • Mild Tinglesitchy Feeling
  • Tolerance Builds

I've taken a lot of different PWO in the past, mostly stims, and now that I'm running into my cutting season I was looking for something that would help me maintain muscle mass and give me the energy to power through tough workouts.

1.5g Carbohydrates
-0g sugar
-Good for energy and digesting the creatine in the supplement
2,680mg BIO-ACTIVE Muscle Building Complex
-Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, BIO-GRO Bio Active Peptides (micro-concentrated colostrum), and CREATINE Magnesium Chelate
760mg Plasma Expansion Matrix
-Glycerol Powder 65%
-Inositol Stabilized Arginine Silicate
-Glycerol Monostearate Powder
-Citrulline Malate
-Agmatine Sulfate
-Astragalus Extract; Tienchi Ginseng Extract
267.5mg Core Focus Complex
-188mg Caffeine (138mg Caffeine Anhydrous + 50mg Di-Caffeine Malate)
-Grape Seed Extract
-Schisandra powder
-Theobromine Extract

This is an interesting ingredient list for a PWO and interested me from the start. The most noticeable parts of this were the Bio Active peptides, caffeine and beta alanine. The bio active peptides are derived from colostrum and from the studies I've read it has the ability to help your body naturally produce GH which is good if you're trying to build muscle or maintain mass during a cut, not so sure how it would have a different affect on women. The caffeine has dosed at a healthy amount in a single serving but if you're taking a double it could be a bit much if you're sensitive to stims. Not sure of how much beta alanine was in each serving as it was not disclosed on the label, but there was definitely enough to feel the difference in both the tingle/itchy and the recovery time.

Taste: I've had the Blue Razz Snow Cone Flavor and it's a little weak at a one scoop serving (under 150lbs) but a solid, good tasting flavor at two scoops (over 150lbs).

Mixability: It leaves a bit of foam when mixed and I question if it's dissolving completely or am I drinking particles that haven't fully dissolved.

Dosing: If you're under 150lbs you should only take one scoop but for those over 150lbs, reccomended that you take two scoops for the bio active peptides to be affective, but if you're sensitive to caffeine I would remain at one scoop.

While taking this I noticed an increase in energy, I wasn't overly wired but it got the job done and I was able to effectively run through an intense workout. The focus complex gave me intense tunnel vision focus at first but my tolerance to it quickly increased, so now it doesn't hold the same effect as it once did. My strength and recovery while taking this was definitely increased, that could be due to the creatine and beta alanine (which always gave me the tingle/itchy feeling). The highlight of this supplement is by far the bio active peptides. I found solid muscle growth, even in my cutting phase, and what makes it hard to switch to a new preworkout. I could always switch preworkouts and buy iSatoris Bio Gro, but that would end up being extra money out of my pocket.

Running at $40 for 45 servings coming out to $0.67/serving. In my eyes any PWO under $1/serving is a good deal.

Side Effects

-Itchy/Tingle feeling from beta alanine
-A mild caffeine crash after about 3-4 hours

Conclusion

Not much more I could ask for other than something that would increase the focus game so that my tolerance didn't rise so quickly. The muscle growth, strength and recovery are definitely the highlights of the supplement with an acceptable amount of increased energy but with the consequence of a stimulant crash. A good valued product and would recommend to those who are looking for muscle and strength increases.
  • Blue Razz Snow Cone: 7/10

• kalans
    TROOPer Level: 70
    May 29, 2017

Not allowed to list the ingredients in your review.

• admin
    May 30, 2017

@kalans - that policy changed recently. It's ok to copy paste if you still discuss your thoughts on the label.

• mhseaver670
    TROOPer Level: 83
    May 30, 2017

I actually like to see it copy and pasted, as sometimes they change the formula so often without actually saying and it easier to see the difference.

• kalans
    TROOPer Level: 70
    May 30, 2017

Ok, I would agree however more than half the ingredients listed or not anything discussed. Seaver I am totally with you on that as I was one of the many that would list entire supplement facts before talking about it, of course that was before the change of not listing the ingredients. My issue is most new people will post the entire label and think they have a complete 400 word review, and 30-50 of those minimum required words come from pasting the entire label.

• admin
    May 30, 2017

Yeah for sure, an ingredient label never makes up for lack of detail in your review.