Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 228 (better than 99%) in

Pre Gro is a Pre-Workout manufactured by iSatori. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

Italy48
  September 26, 2016

----Introduction----
I was looking for a Pre-workout supplement that would give me sharp focus and help me push through my drop-sets and overload sets. It gave me a good focus and I could feel the impact while perfomring in the later sets of my workout. This pre-workout took a bit longer to kick in than others (Pre- Grow was 20-25 minutes and others were usually 15-20 min) but once it did, it hit you like a Joe Frazier left hook in a good way....if that makes any sense.

----Ingredient Profile----
Low on calories (20) and carbs (4g). This is based on 2 servings (2 scoops). You will be able to get your daily value of Vitamins B3 (which releases energy into your cells) and B6 (which helps your metabolism) which are an added bonus. Contains 3g of Creatine which are broken down as 2g of Creatine Monohydrate and 1g of Creatine HCL which aides in the recovery process and adds volume to your muscles. 2g of Beta-Alanine which will help with endurance, power output and muscle mass. 2g of Citrulline Malate which fights fatigue. It does contain 350mg of caffiene that could keep you awake at night if you take this to late.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste was not good at all. I get it......It is hard to have an awesome tasting pre-workout without adding sugar and other bad ingredients. This one had a terrible aftertaste. I had the Watermelon Rush flavor. Mixed well but had to wait for the foaming to go down which took about 5 minutes. The clumping in the container it came in did not result in clumps in my shaker cup. I used two scoops. Either one or two is reccomended.

----Effectiveness----
I defintiley saw an increase in drop sets and overload sets. I was able to continue to get stronger and the focus was good. Not many tingles like other pre workouts. If the taste was better I would definitley buy in the future. Like I mentioned above, it did take a bit longer to kick in but once it did you definitley had added confidence that helped you attack the weights and a mental edge that kept you focused. No negative comments on effectiveness. It did everything it stated. Pump was better than average.

----Value----
In line with the rest of the products. I waited for it to go on sale and purchased it then. Paid a little less than a dollar a scoop. Lasted me 15 workout sessions since I used double the scoops.

----Side Effects----If you took it to close to bed time, the caffiene would hit you. Other than that, none at all.

----Conclusion----
A solid pre-workout that I would reccomend to anyone that can get through the aftertaste. I saw the improvements I had planned on seeing (stregnth increase and a mental focus) and would like more people to try it and see the punch that it packs.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Ingredient Profile
  • Notably Increased Performance
  • Calm And Focused Feeling
  • Watermelon Rush: 2/10
Bill_Plates
  June 22, 2016

----Introduction----
Been on a short hiatus as of late, my ol' lady moved in with me and been getting that situated, but its time to get back to the reviews. So Isatori has a good name out there, and from the products ive tried I can see why, it's all quality. I had already tried pwr by them, so I thought it was time to give pregro a shot, and thanks to a b1g1 deal from the fellas at muscleandstrength I pulled the trigger on it asap. So lets get to it.

----Ingredient Profile----
Im gonna cover the 2 scoop dosing since that's what I used. This has some disclosed ingredients, but you're a little more forgiving because this is some good stuff. 2 scoops gives you 2g creatine mono, 1g creatine hcl, 2g beta alanine. I find 2-3g of beta alanine to be my sweet spot so I loved this. 2g citrulline malate, and 350mg caffeine, which isn't too bad either. Petey's review can better explain everything in here as he was on the money. I'd personally like to see a little agmatine added in , but its a solid pwo.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
When I got this on sale they had 2 flavors available, watermelon & half and half peach tea. I went with one of each just to have some variety despite how disgusting half and half peach tea sounds. But on the bright side, it was surprisingly not bad, not gonna say it was good, but it tasted good for what it was. Watermelon was a good flavor as well. I heard a lot about it coming in and being clumped up, but mine wasn't so bad. it had some small rocks of pwo in it, but with a few shakes to the container they broke up and left it looking more like sand with a few minor clumps. Mixed up well and never had any problems, just shake and go. When it came to dosing I was a little disappointed in 1 scoop as I never felt much, but 2 scoops was a definite sweet spot.

----Effectiveness----
as i said, 1 scoop didnt quite do it for me, but 2 scoops made me love this pwo. I'd get to the gym, drink it, stretch, and by the time I was done stretching I could feel the energy rushing over me. No crazy tingles, nothing over the top, but it gave me more of a refreshed feeling like I had taken a few off days and was just ready to eff the gym up. The pumps from this weren't crazy, but you could definitely feel them, especially on the heavy days. gotta give it 9/10 on effectiveness.

----Value----
I got this on a b1g1 special, but at regular price and using 2 scoops its value diminishes. But as we all know you get what you pay for and this is an excellent pwo.

----Side Effects----
no side effects from this

----Conclusion----
If you got a few bucks to shell out, this is a good pwo to try. I feel it's a 2 scooper but everybody's different and there's no denying this pre's quality.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Ingredient Profile
  • Notably Increased Performance
  • Calm And Focused Feeling
  • No Crash
  • A Bit Pricey If You Use 2 Scoops
  • Value Is Middle Of The Road
davidian
  April 19, 2016

Good evening SR! Tonight I will be doing my review for iSatori's preworkout product, Pre Gro.

BACKGROUND

I purchased a tub of Pre Gro with my own money on a really good special, unbelievably from bb.com. I was after a good quality pre-workout with stims after taking all of 2015 off from stims. iSatori have been a long-standing well-respected company, and I have bought many products from them previously, so I felt that their offering in Pre Gro should be a winner.

During my run with Pre Gro my training consisted of a combination of a full Smolov Program with Wendler 531 for all my other bodyparts (shoulders, chest and deadlift). So I was training very hard, almost every day, lifting lots of heavy weights and needed not only a top-notch diet but also high-quality supplements to ensure I was fit and healthy through this heavy workload. I was also doing 15mins of HIIT cardio when lifting, and >1 hour solid state cardio on non-lifting days.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.5/10

This is a very solid ingredient profile full of the high quality ingredients you expect from a company like iSatori (BioGro, Carnosyn, Hydormax, Nitrosigine and Astragin to name a few) and in a list that's fully disclosed. As the other reviewers like Petey, lava, Deum and Hulk have pointed out, it's got all the good stuff in there, at suitable dosages. Pre Gro is meant to be taken at 1 scoop for less stim tolerant people, and 2 scoops for more stim tolerant people. This is where I had to take off some marks. I hadnt taken stims for a whole year, and 2 scoops/350mg of caffeine was going to be way too much for me. But at 2 scoops I really wanted the levels of creatine, BioGro, Beta-alanine and glycerol, however I wasnt willing to up the stims that hard and overload my body on them just to get these ingredients. This is a personal choice I guess, and I cant put down iSatori too much for this because it's my personal situation and when I look at it from the perspective of the formulators and who they developed the product for, I see the merit in it. When you are dosing at 1 scoop you just miss out on the full benefits of so many of the high-quality ingredients in this PWO.

DOSAGE

Due to the clumping issues I was using my kitchen scales from the beginning to weigh out this PWO. I started with 1 scoop (8g) and kept on increasing the dosage until I felt it was at an acceptable level to be effective, but without feeling like the stims were getting to me. For me this was around 10g per serving. I did try increasing it further, but with my heavy workouts it was too much for me, which is a shame as i'd really like to have taken the other, non-stim ingredients pre-workout, but I wasnt willing to take that many stims to get there.

MIXING - 4/10

This was a bit of a disappointment. You open the can up and as other reviewers have pointed out, it's all clumpy and looks a bit more like loose concrete than a PWO. I weighed out all my servings, i'm not sure how you would be able to accurately dose this without using scales to accurately weigh it out, the scooper was useless. I didnt feel the clumping was worse over time, it is apparently caused by the Hydromax glycerol.

Once in a shaker cup it mixed up fairly easily, but there was a lot of foam left on top. So much foam you really needed to re-rinse to make sure you got it all out. I should point out that there is a reformulation that's just hit the shelves, Pre Grow Max, which is supposed to address these issues. I will be getting a tub and reviewing it to make sure this is the case.

TASTE - 8.5/10

I had the Arctic Blue Razz flavour. It was good, despite the texture being a bit like gritty clay or concrete and the huge level of foam. I was still enjoying the flavour when I got to the end of the tub.

TUB/LABEL - -1

I am not a fan of shrink-wrap labels, they look cheap and are a pain to deal with, I always end up tearing them and they fall off and look tacky and you have to keep it next to the product to remember what's in it. For such a premium product I think it deserves a proper adhesive label.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.5/10

At even 10g, this was one of the most effective PWOs i've ever taken. Which is no surprise when you look at the ingredient profile. Pre Gro would take about 10mins for the stims to start kicking in, in that time i'd have driven to the gym and started my stretching. By the time I was ready to lift I could feel the energy boost, which was clean and jitter-free, and a general feeling of wanting to attack the weights. My body temp had also increased slightly, giving me a slight sweat and feeling like it was time to work. The energy aspect would remain through a workout that could last close enough to 2 hours, and I never experienced a crash from Pre Gro (more often I was just exhausted from the effort i'd put in). I cant fault the energy component of Pre Gro.

I did not really notice a significant or skin-stretching pump from Pre Gro. I did feel my muscle 'fill up' to some extent, but then again I was not doing a lot of hypertrophy work so I couldnt expect too much. Having said that, I did switch out a few times to a proper pump PWO and found that I was getting really good pumps from that, so I conclude that Pre Gro did not give me amaze-level pumps. I put a lot of this down to not being able to take 2 scoops, as I think 2 scoops of the ingredients like Cit Mal and Hydromax along with Nitrosigine and of course the Astragin for more efficient uptake would have helped the pump along to higher level.

I should point out before I go into the next section that I love BioGro. It just works for me. I need to take 6g/day but I have not been able to come across a recovery product that comes anywhere near it in terms of DOMS reduction and muscle recovery between workouts. So seeing 3g of BioGro in 2 scoops of Pre Gro really had me excited. Even though I was only about to get about 2g of BioGro in to my body with a 10g scoop, I felt a significant reduction in my DOMS. You dont expect this from a pre-workout product, so it's a big big bonus. I didnt have any BioGro alongside this to add in to my supplement stack, but a couple of scoops of that a day with Pre Gro would take care of not only all your PWO needs but also all your recovery needs.

SIDE EFFECTS - 0/10

Nothing that I could take a mark off from here, no ill-effects from using this PWO.

VALUE - 8/10

Pre Gro seems to sell for about $30 a tub, which is great value for a 1 scooper, but this isnt a true 1 scooper and at 2 scoops you're getting 15 workouts, or $2/workout. Is this great value? Not really. But look at the quality of the ingredients, they're all top-notch and that's not cheap. With the reformulation to an easier to use product, the value would increase, and if you respond well to BioGro and wish to stack Pre Gro and BioGro, you've got great value for a pre + recovery product.

CONCLUSION - 9.2/10

Pre Gro is a premium PWO product packed full of the highest quality ingredients dosed at clinically proven levels from a premium company and as such you would expect the product to perform to a high level. And it does. All of the effectiveness parameters we deem essential to a quality PWO (Premium ingredients, dosed adequately, intense but not over-bearing stimulation and focus with no shutdown, nutrient shuttling to the muscles we require and adequate recovery aspects). Once the issues with the clumping and mixing/foaming are taken care of with the reformulation, i'll grab another tub and review that. Because if it's as effective as Pre Gro was for me, then it's going to go right up the top of the all time PWO list. Would I buy this again with my own money? Yes absolutely. Would I recommend this product to someone else? Absolutely.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Ingredient Profile
  • Scientifically Supported Ingredients
  • Notably Increased Performance
  • Calm And Focused Feeling
  • No Crash
  • Majority Will Need 2 Scoops
  • Arctic Blue Razz: 8/10
workoutguru
  January 20, 2016

I was in the need of a new pre-workout and wanted to try something I had not tried before. I knew this had been out for awhile and had not yet tried it but heard it was suppose to be pretty good. I checked out the reviews for it on here and saw that all of them were giving this some pretty high ratings and thought I would go with this. Boy was I glad I decided to get this product. Pre-Gro was my first ever Isatori product I have tried. After using this I am really interested in trying some of there other products now.

Ingredients:
WOW this is one very solid ingredient profile. There are so many really good things they put in here. I really like that everything is listed in here and there are no prop blends. If you watch petey's video review he does for this he really explains the ingredients in this very well and what all they do. He does a way better job than I could ever do so if you want to know more about the ingredients then I recommend you watch his video under the reviews for this product. I do like how they have this broken down into three areas. First you get your Advanced muscle building complex. Then you get your plasmavol plasma expansion matrix, and finally you get core focus blend. Some things are maybe under dosed a little and that's why most people I think will need 1.5 to 2 scoops when they use this. I would maybe like to see them up the caffeine a bit in this.

Value:
Right now the cheapest I can find this in on lockoutsupplements.com for $26.90 for 30 servings. I think for what you get in this product this is a very good value and well worth the money spent.

Taste:
I went with the Lemon Drop flavor. I really enjoyed this flavor a lot. Reminded me of drinking ice tea with a little bit of lemon flavor added to it. It did not have a real strong taste to but was very noticeable and it was very enjoyable to drink. It was not to sweet, tart, or bitter tasting at all. This was something I looked forward to drinking each time. It had a very refreshing taste to it and left no unwanted after taste.

Mixing/Dosing:
I noticed that as soon as I opened the container the powder had all these little clumps in it. Looked like little balls of yeast. I thought was this how the powder was suppose to be or did it get some moisture inside it to cause this. I found out this is normal and just fine to use. I just read on their website the reason why it does this and I will post it "It has a unique, high-potency formula that contains maximum levels of HydroMax. HydroMax is a concentrated-65%-yet stable form of powdered glycerol, superior to the glycerol monostearate (which is 5 - 12%), offering hydration in a proprietary blend of glycerol and silica. This ingredient can cause clumping in the bottle". I heard from the company that they changed this a little so the clumping wont be as bad. Once you scoop this out and put water in your shaker cup it mixed up with no issues at all which was nice. I noticed that when you shake this up it gets very foamy which I did not like so much. I heard to help reduce some of the foaming it is better to stir it rather than shake it. Once you get done drinking it there is a lot of foam left over and you need to let that settle to the bottom because there is still a little more you can drink once all the foam gets to the bottom. Dosing is little difficult in here because of the clumps. Trying to scoop this out with the clumps in it made it a little harder to get a level scoop. I usually tried to get around 1.5 to 2 scoops each time I used it. I feel this is better when you do 1.5 to2 scoop instead of just 1 scoop.

WOW was I impressed with this product. This has to be another one of my top new favorite pre-workouts I have tried. I will break this down into two parts energy and performance. At one scoop you get 175mg of caffeine which is not a real lot but for some people it is. For me I had to do two scoops so I was getting around 350mg which is a decent amount of caffeine for me. Nothing over top in the way of stims for me. For some people this may make you feel a bit jittery at two scoops but for me it was more of a clean type energy it gave and no crash later on. For the stim junkies out there one scoop will not do much for you and you will need that second scoop. I think it was just the right amount of caffeine I needed at 350mg. Your main source of stims in this is from caffeine mainly which is kind nice because if there were more things in here than just the caffeine for energy then this might have caused me to become a bit jittery. My overall endurance was very much improved and felt a lot better and could keep pushing it a lot longer and harder in the gym. There were many workouts I had where I just wanted to keep going for very long periods of time because of how good this made me feel. I would take this right after I would get done with work on my way headed to the gym. It would take me about 10-15 mins to get to the gym and by the time I got there and changed my clothes I could always feel this start to kick in. On days when I felt really sluggish after working all day this really helped me a lot at getting me to push through so I could still be able to do my workouts. There was a couple Mondays (when I do bench press) I was just not feeling it as much and figured it would be a more difficult workout for me but with this it really helped me push through that and helped me have some of the better bench press workouts I have had in a long time. It was incredible what this did for me and how it made me feel and wish I was able to have those kind of workout all the time. That was a huge plus for me with this product.

The performance part of this was very good. I felt like I was able to get some decent pumps from this. I like that this did not make me feel all bloated or full in the stomach or gave me any gut issues. It has a great vascularity part to this I think. I kept noticing how I looked a lot more cut and vascular and had other people tell me the same thing. My muscles always seemed to look fuller and more tight. I felt I could go longer and push harder between sets without my muscle feeling as fatigued right away. The metal focus part of this I thought was amazing. That was something I noticed right away. I felt I had that extra drive to really push through my workouts a lot more. I also noticed my strength gains were pretty good. I noticed that on my bench press I was able to do weight that I had not been able to do in a long time and at a lower body weight than I had been at in a very long time so I know this was helping. I noticed there is some creatine in this which I like seeing. I was stacking this with some creatine so this only helped me a little more. I know this really helped me perform at a higher level and because of that I was able to notice the beta tingles a little which I don't usually notice. I think when I can workout harder and not take very much time between sets I notice beta tingles a little more so. When I notice beta tingles they never seem to last very long. I think when I feel them it makes me feel like the product is working better for me. It's kind of nice to feel them once in awhile but I don't know if I would want to feel them all the time. The overall drive and focus this gives you is outstanding. The way I felt from this and how it kept me going was just amazing.

Side Effects:
No side effects

Overall:
WOW is all I can say about this product. This is a product very much worth checking out. At first when I started this I was really unsure if I was going to like this or not but after just a few times using it I knew right away this was going to be good and it was. Seemed to perform very well for me each and every time I used this. If your looking for a very solid pre-workout with a lot of top notch ingredients in it I highly recommend you give this a try. The nice part about this is most places that sell this it is priced pretty decent and won't break you on price.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Ingredient Profile
  • Lemon Drop: 8/10
hulkish1

May 13, 2015

(Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!)
What’s good SR nation! Today we have another review for your bathroom reading pleasures! Everyone knows I love me a good pre-workout and when an opportunity came up to try Isatori’s pre-gro I couldn’t resist! With the Government slapping restrictions on everything fun companies are still looking for that magic trick, that one special breakthrough compound that will be able to rival what 1,3dime did for many years. The focus the drive the endurance the list goes on. Still to this day there hasn’t been such a product, but companies are starting to make more thought out products with many different benefits and this one is put together with multi-facet thinking for a wide ray of pre-workout needs and wants. Let us dive into this product and get Hulk’s feelings.

-------Taste 7.5/10-------
I got the fruit punch and this is a flavor that is tried and true for as long as I can recall. Well when fruit punch goes wrong it is also one of the worst flavors too. This one really wasn’t bad but it wasn’t anything to write home about either. It was bit bitter and didn’t leave a very good aftertaste. I dig the old medical burn after taste or a nice sweet/sour after taste this had neither and I was bit disappointed. The first impression was this sucks, but it did end up growing on me a bit and I got accustomed to it and didn’t mind it. So this gets a muh I could leave it but use it for a month without a quip.

---Effectiveness 9.0-----

If you buy products for claims, taste or anything other than what the product contains and what valid people who have tried said then you’re buying products all wrong. This product performed extremely well it lasted a bit longer than many others out there, there was very little crash and it exceeded my expectations. I was an avid PWR user the original version it was the strongest, and the only pre-workout that I did not need 4scoops to get rocking. This product offered not only high quality Caffeine, Beta-alanine and the addition of bio-gro technology which is a great concept, This product also enhanced mental focus and elevated mood.

When you get a pre-workout these days you need to look over the rush and the energy and look into benefits such as does this product help me focus on tasks at hand will it help with getting oxygen rich blood to my working muscles will it help buffer lactic acid from grueling sessions will it aid in GROWTH! These are some of the things todays pre-workouts do and this one hits it on all levels. Great job Isatori, it’s no old PWR but it works!

---- Content 9.2/10----
Petey’s review says it all I would like to touch on the stimulant part of this product and I agree with Petey, there are other ways to help and make this a more potent product I think Isatori should also add that nice kick in the pants blast so you don’t eliminate the normal guy that has no idea why the main parts of this product are so good but judges the product about peeling the skin off your face and running up walls. Maybe a little yohimbine HCL or something along those lines. Who knows either way this product rocked out.

----Value 9/10----
For 29.95 for 30 scoops is not bad but if you start venturing into the 2 scoop world the price may out weight the product for some. My suggestion here is if you need to get more caffeine buy single compound caffeine pills and add as needed. Not overpriced the value to what the product contains is perfect.

Overall this is a solid product that didn’t taste the best but who gives a flying you know what over taste. The Effectiveness was far better then what I expected with even with the lack of kick in the pants rush simple solution add a 200mg caffeine pill to the mix. The compounds are all of higher end and we come to expect that from rock stars like Isatori and other higher end companies that still care about the consumer**cough, cough USP labs. Isatori value to cost is lined up perfectly and anyone can afford it and get high end results. At the end of the day I miss the OG PWR but those days are long gone and never to be heard from again, this product is the new day way to base your pre-workout not just focus and rush but well thought out calculated and multi-dimensional for optimum usage. I will gladly place a full seal on this bad boy, GREAT JOB ISATORI!

-k-
deumcole

April 12, 2015

(Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!)
Big shout out and thanks go to the iSatori reps involved for kicking us some of their new products, featuring Bio-Gro™.

Being one of the initial reviewers of iSatori’s Bio-Gro™, I was very excited to see Pre-Gro™ and Hyper-Gro™ offered up. After much internal debate (and the flipping of a coin), I decided to sign up for Pre-Gro™, the pre-workout.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
The ingredient profile is quite extensive, but every bit of interesting and somewhat exciting. With all ingredients accounted for, the profile is split up into three primary blends: Advanced Muscle-Building Complex (4g), PlasmaVol™ Plasma Expansion Matrix (2.89g), and the Core Focus Blend (317mg).
The first two blends are the ones worth highlighting, since that’s where the good stuff lies. In the Advanced Muscle-Building Complex you find the Bio-Gro™, dosed to 1.5g (same as with the stand alone Bio-Gro™). The PlasmaVol™ Plasma Expansion Matrix as a whole is interesting; HydroMax™ is a nice inclusion along with the famed AstraGin™.
Overall the ingredient profile includes ingredients you expect to find, and some that you may not. With every ingredient accounted for, there is not a lot you can complain about.

MIXING: A
This one caught me off guard. When I opened the container, the state of the powder brought back images of D-Stunner, and the issues faced with that. Pre-Gro™ looks about the same in the container, more of a “saw dust” than an actual powder. The clumps didn’t help matters, either. However, the clumps were extremely malleable (I was able to break it up with the scooper), and it mixed quite effortlessly. So stoked about that, lol.

TASTE: B
I received the “Delicious Fruit Punch”, and I became suspect. If a company has to tell you that a flavor is delicious, then you can expect it to not be. While I won’t call it “delicious”, it wasn’t bad either. The fruit punch tasted like most fruit punch flavors go, and it was enjoyable to a degree. But I wouldn’t exactly call it “delicious”.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
If you had success with Bio-Gro™, then you can expect to have some success with Pre-Gro™.
Initially I dosed one serving pre-workout for the first few days, but I upped the dose for the entire run to get closer to the 3g of Bio-Gro™ I took pre-workout during that run.
As far as pre-workouts go, Pre-Gro™ ranks up there with some of the better products available today. Bio-Gro™ goodness aside, everything else included is enough to make this a pretty darn good product. Energy was good to great, the pumps pretty darn good, and overall training was better. Throw in the Bio-Gro™ on top, things went from better to great.

VALUE: B
Pre-Gro™ runs around at just under $30 (as low as $28) for roughly 30 servings. If you’re a double scooper (of which you might be), that’s around 15 servings more or less.
Now, the price per serving isn’t too favorable in the latter circumstances, but the caveat would be the quality of ingredients. Better quality translates to high price tag, and there really is no way around that. So, while you may need to shell out the extra dough, it will undoubtedly be worth it.

OVERALL: A
As I sated earlier, if you’re a fan of Bio-Gro™ you will definitely want to give Pre-Gro™ a try. Though top to bottom I do believe that Pre-Gro™ is a good pre-workout, the big hook here is the Bio-Gro™. In any instance, I don’t believe anyone would be disappointed with Pre-Gro™.
lava135

March 27, 2015

----Introduction----
As a fan of the original Bio-Gro, I will admit that I was somewhat dubious that it would be of value to me to include it in another product such as a pwo or post workout blend. Color me surprised.

----Ingredient Profile----
As I typically do, instead of copying the ingredient label, I'll just highlight my thoughts on what stood out for me.

Muscle Building Complex: Of course, the star of the show is the 1500mg of BioGro. Added to that is tried and true creatine (mono and HCL) and CarnoSyn beta alanine. I'm a believer in BioGro. Many people will attempt to draw conclusions based on colostrum studies but you've really got to willfully ignore what Isatori has developed (and openly published on that process) to compare the peptides in BioGro to colostrum. But this is really where this product can't be compared to any other. And yes, this is why I will continue to buy this product. We're in the post PH ban era and all these "natty" compounds are being added in the search for the latest and greatest growth agent, but in my opinion, they're just scrambling for what Isatori already has.

Plasma Matrix: I love it. HydroMax and Astrigin. These are Cadillac ingredients. Add in the cit mal and you've got a superior pump product. And guess what? It didn't take some exotic blend of 10 different ingredients - just a straightforward mix of effective ingredients in effective dosages. Nitrosigine is not an ingredient that I'm familiar with or have used in the past so I don't have anything useful to add beyond the available marketing copy (which I'll spare you).

Focus Blend: Like Petey, I found this was a bit vanilla. 2 scoops does give me 350mg of caffeine, but it's middle of the road stim at best. The good thing was no jitters or crash. However, raw energy for that 0530 workout was a bit on the light side. Most likely the single major drawback for this product in my opinion. I would not call this "potent energy" or "intense focus". Sorry guys.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Upon opening the tub this stuff looks like some ancient necrotic sponge left over from an alien civilization. Seriously, it's freaky weird. That weirdness continues in it's mixing and color. But rest assured that all is acceptable after the initial strangeness. I had the Blue Arctic flavor and it was, well, not tasty for me, but hey, it's a pwo; you chug it. I'm not paying for the flavor or color; I'm paying for results.

Dosing for me was typically 1.5 - 2 scoops. However, this is body weight dependent and they've seemed to not focus on that quite like they did with the original BioGro. So for someone carrying some size, you're in 2 scoop land. (They do mention this in the marketing material if you read it all.) So given that they needed to leave some flexibility for larger guys to take 2 scoops, the ingredient dosing makes much more sense and like I said, 2 scoops gives me the right amounts of everything.

----Effectiveness----
So what did I get from PreGro? What makes it even worth considering? Let me say right from the start that if you're not in it for the BioGro, then look elsewhere. It's a very solid pump and training support product, but there are other comparable products out there with a lower price tag that will suit your purposes jsut fine. But what does it have that no other product has? Well, that's the BioGro. And for me, that delivers a noticeable muscle fullness and density and increas ein overall work capacity from continued use that I simply don't see from other products. When I first used BioGro I was totally natty; now that I'm on HRT, this is the cat's meow of value add. Keep in mind that I've been on enhanced compounds for at least 6 months before using PreGro, and while the progress was already far superior to natty supplements, adding BioGro back into the mix has made a small, yet noticeable, difference. (Now keep in mind that I'm using 3g of BioGro per day)

----Value----
This is one expensive date night. Seriously. Retail goes for around 30 servings for $30.00. But as I mentioned earlier, using 1.5 - 2 scoops turns that into 15-20 servings. Is it worth $2.00 per serving to me? Absolutely. Why? Because it's not just about the typically pwo "stim rush"; it's about added value to the time I put in. And for me, that's what BioGro/PreGro delivers upon. It simply makes the work I do, work better. So what's the value for something like that? With typical high end pwo products averaging $125-$1.50, I don't sweat the extra 50 cents even a little.

----Conclusion----
As I've said, this is a very solid pwo product with top shelf ingredients. But even so, we've got many of those out there - John Meadows new product Max-HP comes to mind. Both are very close in price and purpose. But it doesn't have BioGro. And that really does change everything for me because PreGro supports more than just my training; it supports the growth after the training. So what's that worth to you? If you're "natty" then I recommend you give it a try as it's a solid product all around. But if you're "enhanced" then by all means, you will not be disappointed.
  • Middle Of The Road Stim
BigHoop65
  March 23, 2015

Ingredient profile

Pre-GRO has a near perfect profile of ingredients to serve its purpose, spearheaded by 1.5g of BIO-GRO. Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCL and Beta Alanine make up the rest of the Muscle Building Complex. Creatine doesn’t have to be too heavy in a pre-workout, so it fares well with a 1.5g total dose of creatine; with the rest best paired post-workout.
The Plasma Expansion Matrix didn’t grab my attention initially. But I’m always the “wait and see” kind of guy as it is. The one piece that I was anxious to see about was how well the HydroMax works vs typical GMS that we have seen. Citrulline Malate fits in as usual but only 1g? I’m sure there was a decent reason, but iSatori could have doubled down on the citrulline dose. The Nitrosigine and root extracts round out a decent volumizing profile.

The Core Focus Blend is a bit bare as well, but that doesn’t really make Pre-GRO what it is either. The usual caffeine is just enough to get you going, not for the stim junkie. Grapeseed extract becoming norm for goal of focus. Schisandra and Hordenine work for blood-brain flow.
What do I think was snubbed? Betaine. That might be what the HydroMax is for. But I think anything with creatine, pre or post, should have 1g – 2.5g of betaine paired with it as well.

Taste 6/10

I tried both Fruit Punch and Cherry Limeade. 6/10 may sound like a critical assessment, but don’t take it that way. Anything under 5 starts become a matter of what a person can tolerate. The two flavors taste exactly as they are named. What lacks is the abundance. The flavors just don’t have much power to them… Shy hints of flavor.
The flavors are good and that’s why they I rate them positively. But because of the ingredients that could cause a product’s flavor to go south quickly, iSatori does a pretty good job of manufacturing a good level of taste.

Mixability 7/10
At first glance it does not seem like it will mix well. Yes yes it clumps in the container something fierce, but redeems itself upon mixing. It breaks down in water extremely well. However, there’s still a bit of settling at the bottom that you have to make a second attempt to retrieve too.

Effectiveness 9/10
This book’s cover causes one to second guess or be skeptical. But if the curiosity hits, you will notice that Pre-GRO is as rock solid as can be. Because of the infused Bio-GRO, I was very much able to see good gains and recovery. I took pleasure in working on my weak points with this pre. Because I struggle with uptake and hydration, it was a pleasant surprised that HydroMax stacked well with the creatine (especially monohydrate). I’m now a believer in HydroMax.
I’m a gym rat for basketball as much as the weight room, so I have to assess how pre-workouts translate to my sports performance and cross training. This is where I must praise the HydroMax again. So long as I kept decent water levels going throughout my activity, I was good to keep going.
The caffeine is on the low end for the stim junkies out there... so I recommend that those types keep searching. Even at two scoops it might get a lil rowdy if your tolerance is low, but nothing like a dropkick to the sternum. Crash is minimal if at all.
I didn't see a considerable change in my vascularity, but I'm a little more difficult to pull off some serious veinage.

Pre-GRO is best used at 2 scoops... no escaping that fact. The value per workout does not carry the same merit as cost per month. I ration all my supplements by how much and how often I will make use of them over the course of a month. So the cost per month is on par with what a SOLID pre-workout should cost. PLUS, you're getting a good dose of BIO-GRO with that same 2 scoops.
Meuth

March 18, 2015

(Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!)
Thank you iSatori for participating in the ER program and sending some of us a container of Pre-Gro to run. This is actually my first run with a product with Bio-Gro in it as I did not ever try the straight Bio-Gro. I had no experience and therefore no expectations for Bio-Gro.

Upon opening the box, there were two things that really stuck out to me. I personally like the squared off containers. I think they look “clean” and just stand out more. Another thing I liked, it’s a clear container. Sure there’s a shrink wrap red label that goes around it but you can still look in the bottom of it. I honestly would rather have a clear container than a white/black on. I realize that’s minor but I wanted to give them credit for something that appeals to me.

Time to open the top and boy was I surprised. I would estimate that 75% of the product was still powder but the rest were huge clumps. I’m not talking clumps that you don’t really notice, these looked like icebergs floating in the ocean of grainy powder. Then the smell hits you and you really 2nd guess if the product is spoiled or not.

Taste/Mixability 9/10

I had the Artic Blue Razz. I chose this flavor because the first preworkout I ever took that I thought tasted good was blue razz. From that moment on, I judged all pres/intras by this flavor for taste. I mentioned the smell and I had very low expectations for the actual taste. I put a scoop in the cyclone and shook it up. There were some floaties but that’s to be expected with all the ingredients in it. I tipped the cup up and to my amazement; this was an excellent tasting drink! They nailed the flavor aspect!

Profile 9.3/10

3 blends (notice I didn’t say proprietary?)

Advanced Muscle-Building Complex: As is to be expected, here is where they put their Bio-Gro™ in along with creatine mono and HCL with 1000mg of CarnoSyn® (beta-A) to boot. In 1 scoop you’re only going to get 1500mg total of creatine but I like the fact it’s a blend. I don’t really seem to get much from mono by itself but blends have always done better for me.

PlasmaVol™ Plasma Expansion Matrix: HydroMax™, Citrulline Malate, Nitrosigine™, AstraGin™, Tienchi ginsing root. For breakdown of these, check out AP’s review as he goes into great detail. The one thing that I want to bring up from this is the AstraGin™. I can’t remember what the first product I took with this in it was but I know that it was an amino product. This is supposed to help in the uptake of aminos and vitamins in the intestines. I have always found that when this is included in products, they always perform well for me. This is no exception.

Core Focus Blend: Caffeine, Grape Seed, Schisandra fruit, Hordenine HCL. 1 scoop only has 175mg of caffeine so it’s not going to wig you out. The purpose of this product is not to have you throwing weights around like a mad person for 45-60 minutes though. It’s more to give you a sustained focused workout.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

Energy: I pretty much stayed with 1 scoop through the whole container. I never felt like I was going to rip the plates apart but I also never felt sluggish. The energy blend seemed to put me at a nice even keel throughout my workout. I did try 2 scoops a couple of times and to be honest, I couldn’t tell a difference. I am a stim junkie so it does take a lot to get me going. I figured since there was no noticeable energy bump in the two scoops, I’d make the container last longer and stick with one (maybe a heaping one on squat and deadlift days).

Pump: This was a much different pump that what I’m used to. It wasn’t wet and rounded like bloated muscles. It was more solid and thick for me. I have only had one product ever give me this type of pump but it was inconsistent. This was the same every time, just a thick solid look. As far as vascularity, I personally didn’t notice any difference there.

Endurance: This is where the product was worth it for me. My time was precious in the gym because of everything I had going on while taking this. I would have some long gym sessions but I had to get it all done in 3-4 days instead of the 5-6 I was used to. Taking 1-1.25 scoops of this really gave me the long lasting drive I needed to make it through my training. I can’t say that I could do more reps per set exactly but I could go through my sets much quicker and even do more sets when I had time.

Focus: Much like the endurance part, the focus was much better. I wasn’t thinking about fatigue so I could focus more on the training and getting done what needed to be done.

Recovery: I started taking this for the first 7 or so workouts by itself. After that, I added in 1 scoop of Hyper-Gro as a post workout. I wanted to do this because I got both of them at the same time and wanted to see what the difference was using them as standalones and stacked. I’m not sure if I noticed any significant difference in recover after a workout with just Bio but once I added in the Hyper with it, I couldn’t get sore! Was it just the Hyper? Nope. Once I ran out of Bio and was running just Hyper, I notice soreness came back a little on workouts that were nowhere near as long or intense as the ones where I used both products. They stack very well.

What kind of improvements did you see in your lifts while using this? I was on the comeback from an injury so my lifts were going up from muscle memory at a high rate anyway. I can’t say this sped up my weight increases directly but it did help with endurance and recovery so indirectly it did.

Value 8/10

There are so many ways to look at the value of this product. Currently you can get 30 scoops for around $40. If you need 1 scoop, the value is up around 9 because of how effective it is. If you need 2 scoops, your value drops but not as low as you might think. This product has quality ingredients, not just fillers in it or low end pump product. They didn’t skimp on the level of quality they put in this to make an extra buck. So because of the excellent profile, I wouldn’t drop this any lower than an 8 combined.

Overall 8.5/10

Quality ingredients, full disclosure, effective product, and a decent value make this a suggested product from me. Just be sure to shake the container to break up the powderbergs that are in it because it does make a difference. Don’t be afraid to spend a little extra to get some better ingredients. I will purchase this product myself in the future for sure.

Even if you’re a stim junkie and can’t fathom the thought of only having 175mg of caffeine, I suggest you try this and see if it changes your mind. Maybe it would benefit you to take a massive stim break?
  • Value Is Middle Of The Road
mhseaver670

March 12, 2015

(Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!)
Well Like I said in the title. Every year the supplement world brings out a new product or another twist on a old idea and it just completely blows everything we have known out of the water. iSatori makes some awesome products and this is no different. I am so glad I had a chance to run this so a very huge thanks to the awesome people over at iSatori.

Profile 9.8 !!

30 Servings Arctic Blue Razz
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (8g)
Servings Per Container: Approx. 30
Grape (seed) (Vitis vinifera) extract (95% polyphenols) 90 mg
Schisandra (fruit) (Schisandra Chinensis) Powder (9% Schisandrins) 40 mg
Hordenine HCL 12 mg
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-cal/day diet
Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients:
Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent),
Spirulina (Blue/Green Algae for Color), Citric Acid.
ALLERGEN INFORMATION: Contains milk product (colostrum).

I am not going to get into this profile as our main man Petey7408 covers absolutely everything you would need to know about this profile with his written review and video review. I highly suggest you watching it as he explains a lot of the ingredients in this and why this profile is so awesome!
If you know anything about what to look for you will see this tub has basically a dream mix of ingredients

Taste 9
I had the blue razz and I have to say this was really nice. Not too much.. low on the dye's which I like. Also the taste was not too weak. It was a pleasant drink. Even at one scoop or two.

Effectiveness 9.8
Pump, focus
Seriously this is the kind of PRE I like!. Not a crazy stim loaded one. So do not expect to be running to the gym ready to kill someone. This is more like the calm and ready to take care of anything in your way approach. Very seldom do I get a Pre workout that ACTUALLY gives me a solid pump time and time again. I have had several help but never do it every time I took it. Even at one scoop ( which was basically how I used the whole tub ) I had an awesome calm effect and was just supper focused on what I was there to do. Every PR I had was when I took two scoops I will note though. No I am sure it was not just this Preworkout that made me do it that day. But I feel the extreme focus I had did help.

Vascularity 8.5
This was really something I noticed as well . Careful here guys, it works so well you may become the guy that flex's in the mirror on every set.

Endurance 9
This to me is where it shines. Like Petey mentioned it is not crazy stim strong, but I am okay with that, If I am seriously stimmed out I seem to crash early. Not with this. I had amazing recovery between set's on this. I mean to the point to where you know without a doubt it was this doing it.
Nothing else had changed in my routine or Pre workout rituals . Every workout even at one scoop , one word. Awesome.

Value 9
Now right now it is around 40 bucks for a 30 serving tub and to get all the correct suggested doses you would only get 15 servings out of it. Even as well as it performs , I would be hard pressed to spend that. But at it working so well at one or one and half scoop and me only taking it on my 3 day split routine, Heck ya I will buy this every time.
The old saying. You get what you pay for .

Overall 9
This stuff is seriously awesome. I had a great run with the bio grow and seeing that in this was also a turn on for me. I had some great gains with that, as well as this too. I was combining this with the new Hyper grow and I have to say this was a killer combo.
iSatori, you guys won me over with this one.!