Bio Gro Reviews

Overall
Overall
  January 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Muscular Fullness
  • Decreases Muscle Soreness
  • Increases Recovery
  • Great Flavor
  • Easy To Mix
  • Increased Abdominal Leanness
  • It's Not Cheap
  • One Tub Does Not Last A Full Month For The Average User
  • You May Need More Than 1 Scoop At Time Depending On Your Weight.
  • Too Many Scoops For Results
Introduction:
Thank you iSatori for letting me run a few tubs of this product and judge my results (and the shaker cup- i use it daily!). I tried the first tub of it with taking the first daily dose in the AM with breakfast and the 2nd dose in the evening. The 2nd tub I tried it immediately pre- workout with me PWO and immediately post-workout (just for comparison if the timing did make a difference at all for me). I was hoping that this product would help me gain strength, muscular fullness, aid in recover, and basically improve my physical life in all senses.

Ingredient Profile:
60 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (1.84 g)
Servings Per Container: 60
Total Carbs 1g
Sugars 0g
Calcium 20mg
Amount Per Serving % DV *
Custom Engineered Bio-Pro- Bio-Active Peptides Extracted From Mico-Concentrated Colostrum, Yielding 1.5g **
(yielding Proline Rich Peptides, Growth Factors (IGF-1, TGF Beta-2, EGF, PDGF), Immunoglobulins (IgG, IgA), Lactoferrin, Fibroblast-GF)
** Daily Value not established
Other Ingredients: None. No Fillers, Binders, Or Any Synthetic Additives.
ALLERGEN WARNING: Contains Milk Product (Colostrum).

I read a few legitimate scientific articles and lots of random googling and came to the conclusion that this ingredient profile was going to potentially help my recovery and may or may not increase my recovery. The oral dosing was most likely not going to be as effective as injectable sources. Other than that, I put complete blind faith into this product being 100% legitimate and hoping that it was going to be beneficial and not harmful, or a complete placebo. This was unsettling to say the least, but having that bodybuilding mentality, it was worth trying.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing = 8.0/10:
The flavor I was sent was Orange Creamsicle and it was SPOT ON! It tasted just like that classic orange creamsicle popsicle you would get from an ice cream truck. It mixed great with water, with milk, in yogurt smoothies and in pretty much everything I put this with. The reason I would not give this a solid 10/10 was the dosing. I had a huge discrepancy with what the bottle told me to take, what the scooper measured out and what I ended up taking daily to be deemed as making this product what I feel was effective for me.

The dosing that the bottle calls for is 2 scoops ( 1 level scoop (1.84g)) 2-3 times daily. I honestly felt no difference with or without food, and cannot say that I truly felt a difference with this take morning/evening OR immediately pre/post workout. I did tend to measure out the grams on a gram scale, but the scooper always measured out much more than 1.84grams. So I conclude that you can go by either scale weight or scoop measure, but I tended to take this at ~3.25g twice daily (scale weight) and found this effective for me.

Effectiveness = 7.0/10
I want to rate this higher, but the 2 biggest results I saw from this product was an overall fullness feeling of muscles and a leanness in abdominal muscles. The leanness in my abdominals was seen even through periods of slacking on my diet and intermittent increased carb consumption (which tends to be area in which I struggle and gain a lot of water retention). I took this overlapping the Winter Holidays and both with and without the gluttony of the Holiday meals it consistently gave me a leanness in the abdominals that I have not typically seen. This was the biggest side effect I could visually notice, and I really liked to know that the abdominals is what I personally consider my hardest area to gain leanness and this HAD to aid in a decrease body fat if I saw improvement in that area of my body. After heavy workouts, the fullness in my muscles tended to last a little longer and I would stills see a bit of a pump for several hours past when I typically do.
What I did NOT feel from this product was an increase in recovery and any other enhancements to my workouts or physiques. This did not turn me into "She-Hulk" and for that I do not give it a 10/10.
I pounded my body while on this product, started doing some German Volume Training and really tested the waters. With that being said I do believe it decrease soreness and potentially helped with recovery. I was PR nearly every week in something lower body and I did not feel like death nor that I couldn't or go for a second leg workout in a few days.

Value = 6.0/10
I am super cheep when it comes to supplements, and this ranges from $30 to $60 per bottle (60 servings) for most online sources. Seeing that I felt (as a female at ~180 lbs.) I needed a minimum of almost 4 scoops per day to make it effective it is not going to last the average user for a month and most likely would be much more effective at much higher dosages. If I had money to "blow" per se YES this would be 100% worth running and stacking with whatever other supplement you are taking, but for the average Joe, it most likely is a bit too pricey to have as a staple in their stack.

Side Effects
NONE- other than the bottle didn't last as long as I wanted it to!!

Conclusion
I loved this product and how easy it was to use. I loved the taste, that it mixed readily in everything, and that I saw physical results (which I will document in my log), and that there is science behind the use of peptides and IgF, IgG, IgA, etc.
What I didn't like is the cost for the amount that needed to be taken orally for this to be proven effective for its users. If I doubled what I had been taken (albeit I would have gone through the tubs in a few short weeks) who knows how much MORE I would have gotten out of this.

• Samazon
    January 31, 2015

Darnit I found a typo....Argh! (Apologies)