Bio Gro Reviews

By: iSatori

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Flavor
  • Too Many Scoops For Results
  • Kind Of Messy
  • Awkward Tub
  • Hyped-up
iSatori's Bio-Gro hit the market with a lot of fanfare and raving reviews. For all intents and purposes, this was THE next big thing. I was very interested in what the buzz was about because recovery is something I'm always trying to improve and Bio-Gro was apparently leading the pack in this area. The cynic in me however, crept to the fore and started asking a ton of questions. Some were answered clearly by those with real world experiences with the product while others were interestingly and honestly answered with "we're really not sure how it does this". When the opportunity arose to give this a shot, I dove in to see what Bio-Gro could do for me.

Profile Overview

This has been covered extensively already and remains the same:

Each single scoop serving contains 1.5g of Custom engineered Bio-pro Bio-active peptides extracted from micro-concentrated colostrums yielding praline rich peptides, growth factors (igf-1,tgf beta 2,egf,pdgf)

I can't really speak much to this beyond the fact that I thought it was interesting that colostrum was used as the base media for this product as it was debunked long ago and determined to be an ineffective ergogenic aid.

The other reviewers are correct in that the square container is a pain, the small scoop is difficult to use within this container and the stuff gets everywhere. While all true, none of these are of much of a concern to me. If I were wasting a bunch of product every time I attempted to use it that would be a problem, but this wasn't the case.
A 1.5g scoop of an essentially tasteless, textureless powder that can be added to anything is pretty easy to take. I did find that it could get quite sticky though, and if mixed with something that foams up it will start to stick to the side of your cup. Just drink it down quick!

This is a generous rating based pretty much entirely on the fact that most everyone else has raved about the improved recovery Bio-Gro offered. I experienced no improved recovery or other discernible affects from Bio-Gro while taking it. I only used one small container however and other reviewers seem to speak to a "˜building up' effect or need to use a higher dose/more containers to really feel the positive attributes. If that's the case, I would like to see iSatori market the product with an appropriate/effective dosage stated on the label. Using Bio-Gro as currently outlined, 1 scoop AM, 1 scoop PM for those under 200lbs and 2 scoops AM/2 scoops PM for those over 200lbs didn't (and doesn't based on other reviews) seem to yield positive results. Unfortunately, I was very let down by Bio-Gro.

Again, a generous rating here based on the fact that others say it works wonders for them. It can be found for less than $20 per container and I imagine it will continue to go down over time. Whether it will stand the test of time and be a staple for those who have raved about it or be relegated to the close-out/clearance section of your favorite supplement store, time will tell. For me, at the recommended dose and the non-existent results from a single container, it's not worth it to me.

A rating of 5 out of 10 here again based largely on the possibility that maybe something is wrong with me. Maybe I'm a "˜non-responder' to this product. Maybe my age has something to do with it. Honestly, I'm not sure. Maybe it really is a solid product that provides exceptional results but the recommended dosage is so far off that typical users can't tell the difference.
If, in time, it's shown that (for example) a reasonably priced 1lb container of Bio-Grow can improve recovery when consumed en masse over a month time period then I may give it another go. For now, I'll stick with other tried and true recovery products that have been proven effective for me.

Thank you to the folks at iSatori for allowing the Expert Reviewer Team to trial and review this product for them. I hope this helps you gain a better perspective of this product and assists in your decision to purchase.

• ron
    March 7, 2014

Excellent review my friend! I unfortunately experienced this product the same as you. After 4 tubs and as many as 8 scoops a day, it was just a major let down for me as well.

• deumcole