Ranks #43 (better than 67%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

AMINO-GRO is a BCAA manufactured by iSatori. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

workoutguru
TROOPer Level: 70
  February 2, 2017

I was in the need of some more Aminos and saw this was on sale around the time of Black Friday. This had been an amino product I had been wanting to try for awhile now. This was my second Isatori product I had ever used with their Pre-Grow being my first which I thought was an amazing product. From what I was seeing in the ingredient profile I thought this looked promising and yes it was.

Ingredients:
This has a rather interesting profile to it. This have a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAS which is your standard amino ratio. They put a lot of really good stuff in here which I liked. This is broken down into two main groups. First you get your 2:1:1 instantized BCAA muscle building Matrix at 6g. Second you get your CocoDrate hydration/electrolyte complex at 550mg. Both of these two areas are made up of prop blends but I did not let that bother me to much. Also you get a few other things they added to this which I like.

They use Bio-Active Peptides which helps
Improves recovery time
Stimulates strength gains
Helps build lean muscle.

Instantized Glutamine:
Anti-catabolic amino acid to help preserve lean muscle
Improves recovery between workouts
Supports a healthy immune system

CococinRaw Coconut Water Powder:
Provides naturally sourced electrolytes for optimal muscle function
Assists in body's hydration process
Assists in post-workout recovery

Electrolytes: Phosphorus, Sodium, Magnesium, Potassium
Supports nutrient transport via the Sodium / Potassium pum
Supports metabolic function and muscular contraction
Assists in post-workout recovery

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on illpumpyouup.com and they want $14.95 for 30 servings. I think that is a really good price for this. Most other sites that have this I am seeing it sell for around mid to high $20 range which is still not to bad for a product like this.

Taste:
This comes in three flavors. blue razz snow cone, frosted lemonade, and mango chiller. I decided to give the mango chiller a try. This tasted just like I thought it would. With there being no sugar in this it had a really good taste to it. It was not to sweet, tart or bitter at all. It did not have a super strong or over powering taste to it which was nice. There is no chemical or any kind of weird taste to it. If you are a big fan of anything orange flavored you will really enjoy this a lot. Also it does not mix real heavy like which helps make it a little easier to drink.

Mixing/Dosing:
This mixes very well. You will have no left over little pieces at all. There is a bit of foam you will get on top about an inch thick but nothing to bad. There is some dyes in here they use but it does not look to be real heavy on them which I am ok with but would prefer they not used at all. Dosing is real simple. They say to mix 1-3 servings per day depending on your training goals. I would only use one scoop during my workouts. I never did more than one scoop per day because I felt there was no need to do so.

This for me seemed to be a little different than most other amino products I have used. This product rather surprised me a bit at how it turned out to be. I had high hopes in this really working well for me and it sure did. I wish I would have had this back when I had their pre-workout pre gro because I think it would have made for a really good stack. I noticed right away how well my recovery was while using this. It seemed to really help me a lot with my endurance and how much longer I felt I could keep going. My time in between sets was cut way down by a lot and always felt I could go a lot quicker between sets and did not feel as winded after doing them. I know my breathing would start out being kind of heavy like but after I would start to sip on this it really helped calm a lot of breathing way down. I know after some of my more grueling workouts I would not feel nearly as sore and my DOMS were hardly noticeable. I still felt some of that soreness but it was way down which was nice. I think the added glutamine they used in here was a nice bonus to have because I feel it helped improve my immune system a bit more. Also I noticed how much better hydrated I would feel while using this. This really helped me be able to consume a lot more water because I was always filling my shaker bottle back up with water. This was also great at helping to stop or limit more of the breakdown of your muscles better. The electrolytes they put in here I think were a big plus to have and really helped me a lot. I really like that they use Bio-Active Peptides in this. The Bio-Active Peptides help to increase protein synthesis and help you build more lean muscle mass. I noticed after being on this for awhile my muscle seemed to look and feel more full like. I feel I gained more muscle mass and my strength levels seemed to go up more which was nice. I also felt this helped me get a little more cut because I was noticing more veins popping that I did not notice before. Also this was very easy on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted stomach issue which was nice. I also never felt overly bloated while using this. I thought overall this really helped me in a lot of different areas which was a big plus in the way I was able to perform in my workouts.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
This was a product I was really impressed with. I think this performed way better for me than I thought it would. I think this really holds up to the claims it says it will do for you. If your looking for a very well rounded amino product that will really help you in a lot of different areas this would be a product I would highly recommend trying. I would be more than happy to give this product another go and would like to try their other flavors. What I like is that this is not going to break you in terms of cost which is nice and makes it one of those products I don't have a problem wanting to spend my money on. I want to thank Isatori for making this great product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue
  • Great Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • More Hydrated
    • Mango Chiller: 8/10

• workoutguru
      TROOPer Level: 70
      February 2, 2017

I posted the ingredient profile for this but I see it does not show up very well and you can't really read it. Here is a link to their website so you can check out the profile. Click on supplement facts just below where it says add to cart. https://shop.isatori.com/products/amino-gro