Invictus Reviews

By: Iron Legion

Weight Loss > Cortisol Control
Invictus is a Cortisol Control Product manufactured by Iron Legion. It is designed to help reduce the amount of the stress hormone cortisol in the body. Reduced cortisol can increase muscle mass and encourage fat loss.

April 9, 2018

• Better Stress Management
  • Leaned Out Significantly
  • Small Health Downturn In Beginning
  • Difficulty Sleeping At Night

Invictus is a transdermal cortisol blocker that gives noticeable physical and mental results. Expect moderate increases in fat-burning, libido, and a fair reduction in stress. Keep your eyes peeled for one of Iron Legion's amazing sales around holidays and double-tap the trigger.

I became aware of Invictus after doing a lot of solo research on alternatives to PEDs that don't affect the HPTA axis. Eventually I stumbled upon Invictus and learned that the main ingredient b-AET can reduce cortisol and help promote fat burning, libido, and optimize testosterone ratios as a result of reducing cortisol, all while leaving my precious HPTA axis alone. Being beyond stressed out, I decided relatively quickly that I wanted to give this a try to just make the going a bit easier - anything else would be a pleasant surprise. After 3-4 bottles over multiple months, I can say I am more than just pleasantly surprised.

This is one of the first transdermal products I have used, and the first I have used to completion. Thus, it is also my first crack at reviewing a transdermal profile. Now, previous reviews have broken down all the minutia listed on the bottles but it basically boils down to Iron-Legion's legendary Salvo carrier and 100mg/ml (found this from a rep's comment on another message board) beta-Androstenetriol (b-AET).

Salvo is hailed among transdermal products as being a holy grail of sorts for effectively delivering multiple compounds in a bioavailable form. I came across a lot of homebrewers and even a few companies (ex: AlphaGainz) using Salvo in their own formulations/products. Hence, I trust that Salvo is a relatively safe and effective carrier. Furthermore, I'm glad that Iron Legion is the source of Salvo so its all in-house with Invictus. From what I understand, b-AET is a naturally occurring DHEA metabolite that boosts lymphocyte activity (resulting in a stronger immune system) and suppresses glucocorticoids (i.e. cortisol). Suppressing cortisol starting at normal ranges is not without serious trade-offs, but in high-stress and high-producing individuals some suppression can bring cortisol levels back down to normal ranges. Since high cortisol levels can lead to decreased libido, fat gain, catabolicism, lower testosterone levels, and reduced immune function, a return to normal cortisol levels can potentially undo some or all of these conditions (although this is a return to previous baselines it would feel like an improvement from one's new baseline). Furthermore, unlike AAS (which can also reduce cortisol) b-AET doesn't appear to have any significant impact on the HPTA axis from what I could find.

I found this profile to be as close to perfect as possible. Just a carrier, main ingredient, and some woody essential oils to give off a manly smell. You really couldn't want much more and there isn't really anything to want taken out (unless you don't like the wood scent).

As a transdermal, there is obviously no taste - or there shouldn't be - so I will replace this metric with smell. The solution was imbued with some woody essential oils (I noticed cedar notes most prominently). Personally, I really liked the smell and almost wish there were some sprays or colognes with that scent to spray around my apartment. It gives off a "manly man" kind of vibe. If you don't like outdoorsy and woody smells then you probably won't like wearing this.

There isn't really any "mixability" per se as the solution comes pre-mixed and you just have to apply it to your skin with the built-in pipette-cap. I will replace mixability with a more holistic "application" meaning ease of application and properties of the solution (sticky, staining, etc). I found Invictus was extremely easy to apply - just squeeze the top of the lid and draw out 0.5ml. The pipette is clearly marked and its easy to hit 0.5ml. The only difficulty I ever experienced in this regard was towards the last week of each bottle when the solution would be so low that it would take multiple draws from various angles to get what I eyeballed to be 0.5ml. That was a bit of a pain and the measurements weren't as precise as the previous weeks. In terms of solution properties, the solution was a bit thick and a little sticky but not staining. After about 10-15 minutes of airing out the application site I would put a shirt on and notice minimal cling but if I was in a rush and got dressed immediately after applying I noticed my clothes would cling to my skin a bit - sort of like when you get dressed after a shower.

Finally, the dosing, or actual application, for Invictus was extremely easy. You could technically take 1ml (2 0.5ml applications) at any time but it was recommended to apply them in the morning and in the evening to correspond with peak cortisol times. I tried to adhere to this as best as possible by applying Invictus upon waking and after getting home from class and/or work. Occasionally I would even pack it in my bag to apply in the bathroom in between night classes. Over the course of a few bottles I experimented a bit with how late to apply the evening solution and found anything past 8pm made it harder to fall asleep. Therefore, I aimed for anywhere between 4:30-7:30 for my second application. I also experimented with multiple application sites. I typically used my shoulders (alternating shoulders between applications), upper chest, and clavicle region. However, I also tried applying it to my the tops of my feet and forearms. I didn't mind the changes but found the upper-body sites to be the best to easily air out.

8.75/10
Cortisol blockers are somewhat tricky to review. There are tangible effects to be felt from reducing cortisol production, but like with insulin mimickers and blood sugar, it is hard to be certain unless you're actively measuring it. Since I was not getting blood tests done to track this, I will have to rely on all of the subjective markers.

The first few days I had a great placebo effect where I just felt like a million bucks. I'm sure that at a cellular level Invictus was already working its magic but I really didn't notice it until about a true week of continued use. After a week or so, I began to notice I was somewhat calmer and more at ease during the day. I wasn't on-edge or about to break at any minute due to stress. I felt like I could "breathe" in the metaphorical sense. Perhaps the most sought after result for me was a reduction in cortisol translating to how stressed out I felt so this was what I was looking for all along. This effect became stronger in the continuing weeks, and when I ran two bottles consecutively it was really at its peak around week 6-7. While this was largely what I was expecting, it did have a drawback. In some odd way, being too calm or relaxed late at night made it harder to sleep. I wasn't as tired as I was before when I was feeling stressed out. I was physically tired but not mentally tired enough to sleep like a baby as soon as I made it to my bed. Hence, I felt that I needed to sleep but just couldn't actually doze off. I found my optimal second application to be at about 5:00-6:00pm so I could beat back the exhaustion after a long day, hit the gym hard, and then still fall asleep relatively easy. Once I got through this learning curve (perfected by week 3) this was a non-issue for me.

In addition to feeling less stressed, which I attribute to a reduction in what must have been extremely high cortisol levels (conjecture), I also saw some leaning in my upper body. I didn't see any leaning in my abdomen or love handles beyond what I expect from normal weight-loss though. Given that my primary application sites were my delts, upper chest, and clavicle region, this makes some sense. I saw a few veins in my shoulders that I don't think I've ever seen, or at least haven't in a long time. I also noticed some striations and separation between my delts and shoulders. The only time I think I may have ever seen this was about two years ago and even then I don't think it was as pronounced as now. I would hit chest or shoulders in a tank top and just push through my work out with an endurance that seemingly came out of nowhere because I was feeling myself. In short, Invictus really did wonders for my self-esteem which probably translated to some gains in the gym too. However, I didn't notice much in the way of strength gains. I was using a lot of different supplements that help with strength (like creatine) while using Invictus so while it was possible I can't say for sure that Invictus was directly responsible for any strength gains. Moreover, whenever I added Invictus, I did not experience any noticeable boost in strength beyond what I had expected for that week.

Reducing cortisol can also promote immune system health. Again this is hard to objectively measure without medical testing and such so I'll have to rely on subjective measures. Oddly enough, during the first week or so of using Invictus I experienced a small downturn in my health almost similar to what happens to some people after getting an active vaccine. After that week though I felt fine. I didn't get sick in the slightest. This was during the peak of flu season in the Northeast US and I didn't get a flu shot (only 15% effective anyways though) so I consider that a pretty good sign. As soon as I finished Invictus though, I caught a terrible case of the flu that had me bed-ridden for 2-3 weeks. I can't say that Invictus prevented me from getting the flu or that cessation of use caused me to get the flu but I can say I felt that my odds were better while on Invictus. Additionally, I should note that I never experienced another slight downturn in health after finishing the other bottles of Invictus at later times so I can say with some degree of certainty that catching the flu was not related to that.

Finally, my libido had taken some fatal blows due to what I believe was extremely high cortisol production in response to a lot of stress in my life. By the end of week 1 of using Invictus, I saw a drastic improvement. I was back to my old self and getting into the mood perhaps too often. Even better, my cardio/stamina during sessions was a million times better. The difference was seriously night and day, and it only became more pronounced with continued use. This effect never really seemed to "peak" but when using two bottles consecutively, it maintained intensity after weeks 3-4. This was my second most desired result and Invictus delivered just as I had hoped.

8.5/10
Invictus can be bought from Iron Legion's website for $49.99/30 serving bottle. A few third party retailers have it for around $40-45/bottle. That price alone is not bad considering how effective and unique this is. However, Iron Legion regularly runs amazing sales around the holidays that make this an unbeatable value. For example, Halloween (Hallolean) saw a 40% off sale, Thanksgiving was 45% off sale, News Years was 50% off, and St Patty's was 35% off. So it varies but it is pretty consistent. I purchased this during the Halloween sale for $30/bottle which at $1 per serving/day is pretty good in my opinion. If you can snag this during one of the 45-50% off sales you can get the price down to below $1 per serving/day ($27.50-$25.00/bottle) and that is a downright steal for something so unique and effective. I would typically lean towards putting more emphasis on the actual listed price instead of sale prices but the consistency of Iron Legion sales for even relatively minor holidays is just too great not to take it into consideration. Thus, while the $1.67 per serving/day is not a bad deal (probably about a 7.5/10) the more common price point for this effectively $1 per serving/day and that is a deal worth pulling the trigger every day of the week.

On a side note, I once played an order at Iron Legion for some of their products and one of the bottles was missing from my order. Given that their products are often out of stock I figured that my missing bottle was just a few days behind schedule. Well, life happened and a few weeks later I reached out to their sales department about the missing bottle. Rob at Iron Legion expedited me the missing product and promised me a free shirt on the next order. I find that to be absolutely solid customer service, especially since I had waited to so long to email them about the problem. In short, I definitely suggest going through Iron Legion directly to get Invictus and their other products.

Side Effects

8.5/10
Side effects were minimal with Invictus. I did notice some muscle spasms in my head (Drs said it was related to the optic nerve) that I initially thought were related but I no longer think that to be the case as they disappeared after awhile (not entirely certain either way though). I also noticed that applying an evening dose of Invictus past 8pm made it very difficult for me to fall asleep before midnight. Now, I'm not deducting any points for that because it is completely avoidable. Other than that, I also saw a small downturn in health (usually a sudden runny nose, etc.) for the first week of use.

Conclusion

8.6/10
I came to an 8.6/10 rating after averaging Effectiveness, Value, and Side Effects. I find it to be the best average because I don't really know enough about the ingredient profile to justifiably include that and I don't think the application schedule or smell is as important as the other categories. In short, I think Invictus is a stellar and extremely unique product that helps tremendously with stress management and promotes leaning and immune health as secondary effects. Plus, the company appears to have great customer service from my interactions with them. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a new and innovative approach to stress management. I would wait for it to go on sale though.

June 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Booster
  • Leaned Out Significantly
  • Dropper Applicator

I had never used any of IRon Legions products before this, but have heard the name around especially back in the PH days. I always wanted to jump on ad grab some of their transdermals back then but for whatever reason never pulled the trigger.

Not much to the ingredient profile you have Iron Legions carrier system Salvo which is supposed to be one of the best out there and then B-Adrostenetriol the active ingredient in this, that is supposed to help with cortisol control, overall stress and fatigue, as well as libido, and some fat management properties.

I used this .5mL upon waking and then .5mL after my evening shower. The smell was pleasant, kind of a alcohol and musk smell. Not near as strong as some transdermals ive used in the past. This is probably the most oily transdermal I have ever used, but it seemed to dry fairly quickly for the most part. I couldn't see the residue on my skin after a couple of minutes but my skin felt oily around the application site for while.

The key benefits listed for using Invictus were increased fat loss, cortisol control, and libido boosting properties. The latter of those is where this product stood out the most for me. This could be the best libido product that I have ever used, not exaggerating in the least when I say I had a hard time controlling my friend downstairs. I was ready to go all day every day, and on several occasions went multiple times a day.... This stuff would be worth it for me on that basis alone if you were experiencing any kind of shutdown to to PH/AAS.
I stacked this with some thermogenics and really noticed a leaning out in the application areas up top. My abs didn't seem to show any improvement, but my chest and delts really started to show nicely. As for cortisol control I can say I felt much less rundown after a couple weeks on this. I didn't feel like I needed as much sleep and that my body was handling the stress of work and workouts much better. The lactic acid burn I usually get when working shoulders was much less as well.

39.90 at lockout was the cheapest I could find this, with the results I saw I can say that I will absolutely be purchasing this again soon and the price is very fair.

Side Effects

Absolutely none, no skin irritation nothing. The only problem I ran into like someone else mentioned was the dropper, needs to be easier getting the last 5-10 applications out if the bottle.

Conclusion

Using this and seeing its effectiveness makes me really wish I had given some of the Iron Legion PHs a shot back in the day. Thanks to Iron Legion for putting this up there for the TROOPers and I look forward to hopefully trying out more of your line up.

June 10, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Booster
  • Joint Relief
  • Leaner Midsection
  • Dropper Applicator

How do I follow up on mhseaver670's spot on in depth review- I'll try my best lol. I want to thank Iron Legion for participating in the SR Troop Program for giving some of the reviewers the opportunity to log Invictus. When this became available I made sure to grab it because I was on a PCT regimen and always wanted to try a cortisol control agent.

The primary active ingredient of Invictus is B-Adrostenetriol. B-Triol (DHEA Metabolite) is one of the best cortisol suppressors that is available- basically it boosts the immune system (100x the effectiveness of DHEA). Cortisol is a stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands, because of the long half-life in our blood it's considered the body's long term response to stress. So basically Invictus helps to suppress cortisol and the effects include: keeping muscle, losing fat and heightened libido.

Since the bio-availability of B-Triol is relatively bad it should be taken transdermally. Iron Legion added ingredients like Nerolidol to help with enhancing the transdermal delivery.

Dosing: The bottle contains a dropper that holds up to 1ml and the rubbing areas include: chest, shoulders, neck and upper back. Apply .5 - 1ml up to 2x a day. I applied .5ml in the morning and another .5ml in the evening before bed. From doing some research the recommend amount is 25-50mg every 12 hours.

There is a faint smell but nothing bad, other transdermals I've used smelled like alcohol but this had a wood smell to it. After applying the liquid it would get sticky, as mhseaver670 noted - I didn't know if I should put my shirt on or not. Lastly the last few drops left in the bottle were very hard to squeeze out.

I came off a 6 week PH cycle of 2 different products - 1 methylated and 1 non-methylated. During that time I was strength training 5 days a week, little to no cardio, pretty strict diet. At the end of that cycle I gained about 8lbs but the downside was the low libido. As part of my PCT regimen I used Invictus twice daily (morning and night) at .5ml per use. As the weeks went by I noticed my libido coming back in a big way, my stomach area shrinking which was a big deal since I lost a couple of pounds but the muscle mass seemed to still be there. My joints were hurting from the PH cycle but I believe Invictus helped in that aspect as I wasn't taking a joint relief product. My strength gains at the end of my PCT stayed the same and didn't lose anything which is always a worry after a PH cycle.

The cheapest value I could find for Invictus is $39.99, judging from the effectiveness I find this to be an awesome value.

Side Effects

Skin burning feeling once in a while but nothing I worried too much about. As the liquid was drying on my skin it became sticky and wasn't sure if I should put on my shirt right away or not.

Conclusion

In conclusion Iron Legion Invictus is a solid product that I'm going to use as part of my next PCT. I noticed fat loss around my stomach and kept most of my muscle gainz after my PH cycle. Definitely recommend this product to those with high cortisol levels, coming off a PH cycle or looking for fat loss. Thanks again to Iron Legion for being a part of the SR Troop Program.

June 8, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Libido Booster
  • Joint Relief
  • Leaner Midsection
  • Eye Spasms
  • Dropper Applicator
Iron legend gave some of us here a chance to try a new topical cortisol suppressor . I am super glad I jumped on this product! Now I know everyone reacts different to supplements and what works for me might not work for 10 others but for me this was a awesome product that I could see and feel working. I had a couple strange side effects that I will get too, and that is the only reason it not rated a 10 for me.

Profile

Isopropanol,propylene glycol, benzyl alchol,cis-9-octadecanoic acid, Beta Androstenetriol [3b, 7b, 17b] 3-Acetate, N-n-butyl-benzoly-2-sulphimide, Stearyl Methacrylate, Nerolidol, Glycerin, Hypromellose. 100mg/ml of b-AET Acetate, 85mg/ml
Also they use cedar wood and cypress essential oils and from what I have been told this is one reason it is not recommended for women.

Also on another board it was said that this is basically a clone of the old Cel suppress C that was once really popular. Not sure if that it true but they are pretty similar.
Here is what it is suppose to help with.
Up-regulates immune response against infections and counteracts stress-induced immune system suppression.
Counteracts immune system suppression from glucocorticoid's.
Zero conversion to HPTA suppressive hormones.
Salvo transdermal carrier offers enhanced absorption and a timed-release effect

Dosage 7
It comes is tiny bottle with dropper applicator , One squeeze comes out to .5ml every time, rubbed it on my stomach, talked to rep and he suggested running it half dose twice a day. Once in morning and once later in the evening, when cortisol spikes.
The only issue that drove me nuts was when the bottle got low you could not get the rest out the bottle with the dropper. This needs to be addressed.
Next was the application. It is a small amount of oil you are using but it is kinda thick once you get it rubbed on. Almost sticky.
Part of me says good, because I can feel it on me. Because some other topical's I have used are so watery and alcohol based it just evaporates , which makes me wonder if I even got anything?
The other side of that is,, well now I am kinda sticky , so should I put a shirt on right away or wait till it dries more?
It has a very slight smell to it. Kinda manly smelling. The wood oils are light but still noticeable.

Effectiveness. 9 ( with side effects -1 ) = 8
First off this poo works! Now I have to say I did take up doing small amount of cardio when I started this but no way was I doing enough to account for the results I was getting. I have pics posted in my log on page 151 showing a 3 week period difference .http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=26092.2250
Now I was noticing almost daily some leaner looks every morning. My diet did not improve much at all, program stayed about the same as it has been for the past 2 months or so. So the only change was this and additional cardio.
Some of the things I noticed as well. LIBIDO , Omg seriously this maybe the best libido booster I have had so far. I will just leave it at that. Next was vascularity and solid pumps in a workout session.Also I did seem to have some joint relief from this too. All these things combined make this an awesome product.
Now the big side effect that continued the entire use of this.
I noticed every morning about 30 mins to 1 hr after the dose I would get these crazy eye spasms , it would drive me nuts for about 15 - 30 mins and then go away. Periodically coming back through the day for a about 5 min stint here and there.
Now when the rep mentioned doing half doses, I noticed this dropped down a lot , But it was still there like clock work almost every dose.
It might not seem like much to others but it was enough to really mess with my head for a while.

After all that I did loose about 10 lbs while on this. But what the best part was , it was mainly my stomach area. Which brings me to my title. Maybe you can spot reduce? Every pair of pants and shorts I have now fit loose and you can not see my stomach in a t shirt now. I am loving this!

Value 9
I found this for 39 bucks for a month supply. Now the results I had from this I feel this is a great deal.

Overall 8.5
Iron legion has made a believer out of me. I will be buying this again soon after a take a small break from it. I will be looking at some of their other products for future plans. The only reason I took points off was the eye issue but overall this product rocks.